- Nine (9) years of IT Industry experience across various facets of IT infrastructure in diverse roles.
- Responsible for planning, architecture, acquiring and administering the database infrastructure for a global database team comprising of multiple database flavors as well as managing a staff of database professionals.
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, MS - Access, Knowledge on Oracle 8i and 9i
Operating Systems: Windows 2012/2008/2003/XP/2000/NT/ME/98/95, Linux, Unix
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SSRS, SSIS, ODBC, OLTP, ADO, SQL OLEDB,, PSSDIAG, VISIO, IIS, VSS, TFS, SQLMON, SSMS, Resource Governer, Replication Monitor, IDERA, SQL Litespeed.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, IIS, Front Page
Scripting Languages: Batch, ASP, VBScript, Java Script, PHP, PERL
Languages: T-SQL, C#, ASP.NET, C, C++, PL/SQL
Network Topologies: TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP.
Installation Tools: SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008, SQL 2012
Lead SQL Database Administrator
- Technical lead for lifecycle management team which involves in sql server instance, database lifecycle.
- End to End SQL Server builds with Automation which includes SQL Server slip-streamed Installation, Configuration and Security Setup.
- SQL Server Patching with Automation for stores environment
- Created scripts to setup transactional replication and managed project to schedule deploy scripts to setup replication for stores in huge three tier Replication environment between SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Managed around 7000 sql instances from time to time consisting of 65000 databases.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 databases into SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 by In-place upgrade as well as side- by-side upgrade process and worked extensively on implementing Backup Recovery and Point in Time Recovery Strategies.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2005 (SP2 & SP3) (64 and 32 bit) on Stand-alone and Microsoft Clustered servers.
- Creation of maintenance package which automates scheduled backups and maintenance jobs for stores domain.
- Worked with Network teams to setup/block firewall ports depending on the instance.
- Worked with Compliance team to setup the process to restrict/monitor applications connecting to critical Compliance (SOX/HIPAA) instances and ensuring Database Security Policies, Best Practices, and Sox Compliance..
- Setup enterprise report database involving SSIS package and scripts in all servers to report to central management server for inventory purposes.
- Worked with various application team in troubleshooting SQL performance issues by using SQL Tools(Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler), execution plan, statistics, database tuning advisor, performance dashboard reports, PSSdiag.
- Scheduling the DBCC commands to run daily, weekly basis. Developed automated tasks for daily, weekly and monthly database maintenance such as database integrity verification and indexing using Control-M agent and SQL Server Agent.
- Acquired Good knowledge on NetApp & EMC storage SAN with SCSI and RedundantArray of IndependentDisks (RAID) system.
- Developed and successfully implemented High-Availability solutions on MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 by using Clusters (active/active and active/passive), Log Shipping and Database Mirroring.
- Handled performance issues by using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, Idera, and Spotlight for troubleshooting production problems.
- Designed and created SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) strategy for the migration of data from existing SQL Server 2000 databases to a SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Created SSIS packages to import and export data to/from Oracle, MS Access, Excel and Flat files to SQL Server.
- Implemented log shipping with SQL Server 2000/SQL 2005/SQL 2008/SQL 2012 to keep databases in Sync.
- Installed and configured SSIS 2005/2008/2012 on Stand-alone and Microsoft Clustered 2003/2008 servers including creation of SSIS packages for the migration of data from existing SQL Server 2005 databases to a SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Worked extensively on Transactional, Merge and Snapshot replication in SQL 2008 and SQL 2012.
- Key Player in multiple SWAT programs for Stability, Availability and Performance of store SQL servers, Tweaked processes and improved performance of thousands of DB instances spanning across multiple geographies in North America.
- Was a part of the Target Breach evaluation team to ensure the SQL servers were secure and had no noncompliance on the security front, in addition built further stringent policies to make the DB systems strong and secure and prevent any known possibilities of being vulnerable to future threats.
- Production Support (24x7) for large SQL environment consisting of 7000 sql instances in multiple domains and part of SWAT team during critical global issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012,Windows 2000,2003,2008,2012 Server, Windows Cluster, DTS, SSIS, SQL Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring, Data Tools, Visual Studio 2003, 2005, 2008, MS Access.
- Database Migration planning from SQL Server 2000 to 2005.
- Creating Snapshot and Transactional Replication for SQL Server 2000 and 2005.
- Design and implement regular backup and recovery procedures.
- Managing Disk space on various servers.
- Moving databases between different server environments as required.
- Using DBCC commands
- Doing Database development and maintenance activities on all environments during the different planned releases.
- Creating Maintenance routines for regular database maintenance and improving the performance.
- Worked on linked servers to run distributed queries between SQL Server and other data sources like Excel using ODBC, OLE DB Drivers.
- Worked on DTS Packages and SSIS.
- Gathered user requirements from users and managers to better understand the business logic of the company and create database that fits their needs
- Tuned the report queries & stored procedures for performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Windows 2000 Advance Server, Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server DTS, SSIS .
- Designed and developed Web Application using ASP.NET and VB.Net as code behind language.
- Extensively worked in writing the stored procedures and function by considering the performance concurrency.
- Worked on components using ADO.NET to communicate with the Oracle Database.