- A highly motivated 5+ year Microsoft SQL Server DBA seeking a position with a dynamic organization. IT problem solver, quick learner, and excellent communicator with thorough technical insight coupled with outstanding IT troubleshooting skills. Excellent ability to think critically and communicate effectively.
- Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration of Microsoft SQLSERVERS 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014
- Performance Tuning using SQL Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor; development, design, and optimization of High Availability Solutions such as Failover clustering
- Database Mirroring, Replication and Transaction log shipping
- Disaster Recovery Solutions such as Backup and Restore
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution of systems
- Re - Indexing, Index statistics management, Integrity Checking
- Database Security Maintenance
- Disk capacity planning and monitoring
- Database Migration (ETL/DTS)
- SSRS, SSIS SQL Tracing and Profiling, Job Scheduling and Automation
- Completed assignments and projects for multiple innovative companies
- Database Security Authentication and Authorization
SQL Database Administrator
Confidential, Marietta, GA
- Configured and administered database Mirroring, Replication and Log shipping in maintaining high availability of data.
- Retrieved and merged data from multiple sources.
- Data export aided by SSIS packaging
- Extraction, transformation and loading of data into appropriate stores for Analysis and Reporting.
- Assignment of server and database privileges to users
- Disk Capacity planning
- Development and implementation of disaster Recovery solutions as well as High Availability solutions.
- Performance monitoring and Tuning
- Backup and Restore
- Utilization of Idera SQL diagnostic manager as a third party monitoring tool
- Upgraded SQL server 2000 platforms to 2005 versions
- Performing overview on data integrity
- Created Snapshots on Mirrored databases
- Implemented Constraints and Triggers
- Performance of Database Migration duties
- Automation of Routine SQL server management Tasks
- Troubleshooting and Resolving failed and hung jobs
- Moving databases across multiple drives
- Performing DML Activities on database tables upon request
- Worked to Maintain existing SQL Production environments to ensure maximum uptime and business confidence
- Backup and Restore of databases
- Maintained operational documentation to ensure low-risk operations
- Defined and adhered to standards and best practices
- Performed database tuning and space management
- Responded to, and resolved internal customer issues such us, long running jobs, long running queries etc.
- Collaborated with team members in standing up new servers
- Engaged in disk capacity planning with team members
- Worked with business liaisons to determine data requirements
- Ensured security measures that conformed to company standards
- Worked with end users in troubleshooting production issues
Support/ Service Agent
- Consultant for Confidential amp;T responsible for all aspects of customer accounts, including: Open new accounts, close accounts, upgrade service, and resolve customer’s technical issues over the phone utilizing Confidential amp;T computer systems.
- Provided tier-1 support for customers - providing them detailed steps to install and/or reprogram their system.
- Accepted customer payments over the phone, and immediately processed the checks and credit cards.
- Signed-up new service agreements and kept detailed files/records.
- Processed inbound calls and made outbound calls responding to after-hours messages.
- Ran credit, processed service add-ons, and entered detailed information in the system.