- Highly motivated with 6 years of professional IT experience in Data Analysis/Modeling for Online Transactional processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) systems.
- Extensive working experience in Normalization and De - Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints (Primary key, Foreign Key, Unique, Default), Indexes.
- Proficient in System Analysis, ER/Dimensional Data Modeling, Database design and implementing RDBMS specific features.
- Experience in data analysis was responsible for collecting, preparing and cleaning data before or after it is collected in a database.
- Perform updates and enhancements to D&I Monthly Excel Tool. Develop new picture charts that update automatically.
- Have experience in Dimensional Modeling using Star and Snowflake schema methodologies of Data Warehouse and Integration projects.
- Extensively worked on ERWIN tool with all features like REVERSE Engineering, FORWARD Engineering, SUBJECT AREA, DOMAIN, Naming Standards Document etc.
- Experience in Design, Development and implementation of the enterprise-wide architecture for structured and unstructured data providing architecture and consulting services to Business Intelligence initiatives and data driven business applications. Services in overcoming traditional IT show stoppers for managing information on an enterprise level.
- Extensive experience in Relational Data Modeling, Dimensional Data Modeling, Logical/Physical Design, ER Diagrams, Forward and Reverse Engineering ERWIN diagrams, analyzing data sources and creating interface documents.
- Efficient in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) data from spread sheets, database tables using Microsoft data transformation service (DTS).
- Experience with Business Process Modeling, Process Flow Modeling, Data flow modeling
- Worked with ETL processes to transfer/migrate data from relational database and flat files common staging tables in various formats to meaningful data in Oracle and MS-SQL.
- Performed extensive data cleansing, data manipulations and date transforms and data auditing.
- Experience in using Oracle, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, TOAD, Win NT/2003.
- Developed database objects like PL/SQL packages, Oracle tables, stored procedures, triggers that are used for meeting the business objectives.
- Experience in carrying out the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Developed Data dictionary and maintained Metadata for each model.
- Knowledge in using EXPLAIN PLANS for query optimization.
- Coordinated with other developers in tuning long running SQL queries to enhance system performance.
- Involved in debugging and developing exception-handling procedures whenever required.
- Extensive knowledge in software testing methodology and developing Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Case Design and Execution, Modification Requests.
- Strong in conceptualizing and communicating enterprise data architecture frameworks for global enterprises for inter operation of data warehouses, middleware, and web applications.
- Good documentation skills and was involved in making functional and technical documentation.
- A strong team member with good Communication and Analytical skills.
Microsoft BI Tools: SSRS, SSIS, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, MS Excel, Report Designer, Report Builder
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL
Web Servers: Microsoft IIS 7.0, IIS 6.0, IIS5.1
RDBMS/Data Bases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008
IDE Tools: Visual Studio 2012/2010
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x /SQL Server Integration Services
Operating System: Windows Server 2012/2008 R2, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, UNIX, Linux
Other Tools: Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Toad, MS Visio, Crystal Reports 2008 /XI/X
Confidential, Bordentown, NJ
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using Excel, Access and SQL.
- Responsible for loading, extracting and validation of client data.
- Perform updates and enhancements to D&I Monthly Excel Tool.
- Liaising with end-users and 3rd party suppliers.
- Analyzing raw data, drawing conclusions & developing recommendations
- Writing T-SQL scripts to manipulate data for data loads and extracts.
- Developing data analytical databases from complex financial source data.
- Performing daily system checks.
- Data entry, data auditing, creating data reports & monitoring all data for accuracy.
- Designing, developing and implementing new functionality.
- Monitoring the automated loading processes.
- Develop new picture charts that update automatically.
- Advising on the suitability of methodologies and suggesting improvements.
- Carrying out specified data processing and statistical techniques.
- Supplying qualitative and quantitative data to colleagues & clients.
Environment: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2012/2008R2, SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services 2010, Visual Studio 2010, Erwin, UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Conducted and participated JAD sessions with the Project managers, Business Analysis Team, Finance and Development to team gather, analyze and document the Business and reporting requirements.
- Analyze the Business information requirements and research the OLTP source systems to identify the measures, dimensions and facts required for the reports.
- Responsible for using different analytical techniques in collecting, preparing and cleaning data before or after it is collected in a database.
- Involved in making screen designs, Use Cases and ER diagrams for the project using ERWIN and Visio.
- Coordinated with the Business Analyst and prepared Logical and Physical Data - models as per the requirements
- Designed and developed the data dictionary and Meta data of the models and maintain them.
- Coordinated with DBA on data base build and table normalizations and de-normalizations
- Developed triggers, stored procedures, functions and packages using cursors and ref cursor concepts associated with the project using Pl/SQL
- Prepared documentation for all entities, attributes, data relationships, primary and foreign key structures, allowed values, codes, business rules, glossary evolve and change during the project
- Used various features of Oracle like Collections, Associative arrays, Bulk-processing methods to write effective code.
- Generated user and technical documentation for individual processes
- Developed the performance tuning of the database by using EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF utilities and also debugging the SQL code.
- Identified and streamlined complex queries which were causing iterations and effecting database and system performance
- Identified database inconsistencies like orphan objects, duplicate objects and coordinating with various teams to decide on the appropriate action to be taken.
- Coordinated in database changes needed for the front-end development team, explained and guided them on the database architecture and objects for effectively accessing the database.
- Work directly with non-IT business analysts throughout the development cycle, and provide post-implementation support, once developed including investigation of data and report issues identified by customers.
- Maintain change log for each data model. And solve the production issues by debugging the code.
Environment: Erwin, Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MS-Visio, MS Office, BO, Crystal Reports 2008
- Suggested various changes in the physical model to support the business requirements.
- Developed server jobs to load the data from flat files, text files, tag text files and MS SQL.
- Used Data Stage Designer to develop various jobs.
- Utilized shared containers for code reusability and for implementing the predefined business logic.
- Created and scheduled the job sequences by checking job dependencies.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Wrote PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages and triggers to implement business rules into the application.
- Developed shell scripts to invoke back end SQL and PL/SQL programs
- Performed unit testing to check the validity of the data at each stage.
- Used Data Stage Director to debug the jobs and to view the error log to check for errors.
- Implemented best practices in the development environment (code standards, code migration).
- Used Informatica features to implement Type I & II changes in slowly changing dimension tables. Created and ran workflows and Worklets using Workflow Manager to load the data into the target database.
- Performance tuning of SQL Queries, Sources, Targets and sessions
Environment: Oracle 11i, MS SQL Server, PL/SQL, Toad, Unix Shell Scripting.
- Involved in System Coding, Data conversion, Development and Implementation.
- Normalized of database to remove data redundancy.
- Prepared Entity Relationship diagrams.
- Created tables, views, synonyms and sequences.
- Created Database Triggers, Stored Procedure, Functions and Packages.
- Created database objects like tables, views, synonyms, indexes and sequences.
- Created front end applications using forms and reports.
- Extensively used Database Triggers, procedures, functions and packages.
- Used SQL * Loader and Export, Import utilities to load / Extract the data.
- Create shell scripts to run the Processes at time schedule according to business rules.
- Created the indexes to optimize the performance of the data retrieval process.
- Modified existing forms, reports, and graphs as per the enhancement.
- Tested all the new and modified program units.
- Extensively used Database triggers, PL/SQL procedures, packages and functions while developing the forms and reports.
Environment: Informatica Power center6.2/7.1, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows XP, UNIX, MS Office.