- 7+ years of experience in SQL Server 2016/20142012/2008 R2/2008/2005 with strong expertise in SQL Server development, designing Stored Procedures/Transact - SQL coding, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS, OLTP and OLAP.
- Involved in Migrating from SQLServer and SQLServer and SQL Server and SQL Server .
- The ability to assist in finalizing a MicrosoftSQLServermigrationdesign in which to migrate older MicrosoftSQLserver machines into a right-sized Virtual Machine (VM) residing within the customer's environment.
- Experienced in installing and configuringSQLServer 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014.
- Production, Staging, UAT, Testing and Development server’s maintenance related to financial, manufacturing and health care domain.
- Extensively worked in Data Migration between Homogeneous & Heterogeneous Systems using various tools (SQLServer Upgrade Advisor, DTS Package Migration Wizard, Import Export Data, DTS Packages, Bulk Insert, BCP and SSIS).
- The ability to understand and make use of tools available (vSphere Web Client, MS Windows Server Perfmon) to troubleshoot and tuneSQLDB performance after DB migrations where applicable.
- Configured\Monitored\Supported and Troubleshooting of Database Mirroring and Log Shipping for multiple databases on Geo-graphically separated cluster environments to provide High Availability and Disaster Recovery. Support and troubleshooting for Transactional replication and Merge.
- Expertise Experience in Query Optimization, Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities, and Linked Servers and analyzing the execution plans.
- Good Experience with Performance tuning, DMV'S, DMF'S, analyzing Locks, Dead Locks and Handling the Isolation Level and Concurrency Effects
- Experience in high availabilitySQLServersolutions withSQLServer2012 availability groups, Replication, Database Snapshot, Log shipping, and Database Mirroring.
- Experience in automating the system by using Notification service and creating alerts, jobs and maintenance plans.
- Hands on Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring, Migrating and TroubleshootingSQLServer versions.
- Proficient withSQLServertools, including Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, Query Analyzer,SQLServerProfiler,SQLServerAgent, DTA and Business Intelligent Studio.
- Hands on experience on high availabilitySQLServersolutions, includingSQLServerLog shipping,SQLServerclustering and mirroring using Different modes.
- Planning and assistance for creating Maintenance plans, Auditing plans and Backup/recovery plans.
- Hands-on working experience with Analyzing query plans, using extended Stored Procedures, managing indexes and locks, troubleshooting deadlocks.
- Experience in implementing High availability SQL Server solutions, including Replication Models (Snapshot/Transactional) and Implementing SQL Server clustering (Active-Active, Active-Passive), (Multi Node Cluster).
- Implemented the new SQL Server 2005 concepts like Data partitioning, Snap shot Isolation, Online Restore, Fast Recovery, Database Snapshot, DDL triggers, TRY-CATCH blocks, Online indexing, DMV’s, DMF’s, SQLCMD, T-SQL debugger, CTE, s, and symmetric /asymmetric key and dedicated admin connection.
- Experience in maintenance jobs to perform Full, Differential and Transaction Log backups using Simple, Bulk-logged and Full Recovery Model experienced with Database Backup, Recovery solutions.
- Extensive experience with IIS (Internet Information Services)6.0/7.0 using Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages and SSIS (integration services) with MS SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008.
- Expert in analysis and resolution of performance bottlenecks involving CPU, I/O and memory usage.
- Expert level skills in creating objects like Tables, Views, Normalization, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Triggers and otherSQLjoins and query writing using T-SQLstatements.
- Experience in providing off hours production support for 24x7 over weekends on rotation basis.
- Skilled at meeting deadlines, easily adaptive to various project environments, flexible to work with different teams across geographical locations.
- Good at time management, have good interpersonal skills and being an outstanding team player.
Programming Languages: C, BS, SQL, TSQL
RDBMS: MS: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014, Microsoft Access.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, DTS.
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2005/2008, Crystal Reports.
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio(BIDS), Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012, Linux, Unix.
Performance Tools: Spotlight, Foglight, Idera, Tivoli, SCOM, Erwin
Backup tools: Idera, Litespeed, Native Backup, RedGate.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Sr. SQL Server DBA/ Developer
- SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008 Database Development and Administration. Worked on Active/Passive clusters. Manage cluster resources and troubleshoot errors.
- Used log shipping, Always on Availability Groups and Mirroring for synchronization of databases. Worked with Transactional Replication to achieve Load balancing.
- Checking Database Health by using DBCC Commands and DMV’S. Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Extensively worked on trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance Identify performance bottlenecks (i.e. poor written queries, hardware issues, etc.) and recommend corrective course of action.
- Configured the servers on 32 bits and 64 bit clustered and standalone server environments.
- Extensively used tools like SSMS, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Experience in using Performance Monitor/Profiler to resolve Dead locks/Long running queries and, good experience in data (table) partitioning.
- Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
- Datamigrationusing Bulk copy program and DTS.
- Performed intensive Data quality tests on various datamigrationand written various post scripts to Perform data correction. Extract data from different data base and load inSQLdata base Using SSIS (ETL tool) packages.
- Research on extended events subjects to monitor the CPU performance consumption and deadlock information on the servers with disabling trace flags.
- Debugged and Deployed SSIS packages in to file system server and MS SQL Server with the help of manifest file.
- Designed, Developed, Configured and Deployed custom build business reports using MS Reporting Services - SSRS.
- Integrating SQL Server reporting services using TFS.
- Experience in migrations of Analysis Server, Integration Services, Reporting Services, and Database Platform 2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2, 2012.
- Analysis Services database that organizes the data from the warehouse database into a cube structure.
- Responsible for designing ETL solutions/ framework with SSIS. Also responsible for the performance tuning of the ETL packages.
- Experience in working with SSIS Packages for applying various business rules, using various control flow tasks, dataflow components and event handling techniques.
- Scheduling & Maintaining SSIS packages in terms of data validation and consistency.
- Created complex T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes, CTE's, Views, Joins and Triggers.
- Performed data partitioning for efficient management of database tables and indexes.
- Implementation of SQL Principle, Securable, Permission, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Fixed the failed PRINCIPALS (logins), user permissions and security in ACTIVE DIRECTORY and SQL SERVER LEVEL.
- Worked on Data Encryption to ensure column level security for sensitive data.
- Defined parameters for parameterized reports and created roles for the report security.
- Worked extensively in writing and debugging Complex TSQL code, Stored Procedures, Cursors, Triggers, Inner Joins, Outer Joins, Views and User-defined functions.
- Created Views for extracting data and created indexes to improve the performance of the queries.
- Expert inSQLDatabaseDisaster Recovery Techniques like Log-Shipping, Mirroring, Replication (Snapshot, Transactional and Merge) and DB Snapshots in Cluster and Non-Cluster environments.
- Expert inSQLDatabaseHigh Availability Techniques like Clustering and Always-ON High Availability (HADR).
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016,2014,2012,2008 R2, 2008, and 2005, T-SQL, Erwin,ASP.Net 3.0, SSAS, SSIS (ETL), SSRS, SharePoint Server 2007 and 2010, Windows 2003 and 2008 Servers.
Sr. SQL Server DBA/ Developer
- Managed and Administrated SQL SERVER 2014/2012/2008 R2 highly transitive Production Environment and Active Passive Clustered Environment.
- Implemented the new SQL Server 2008/2005 concepts like database mirroring, database snapshot, DDL triggers, try-cache blocks, DMV’s, DMF’s, Jobs, and Alerts.
- Daily routine Developer/DBA tasks like handling user’s permissions and space issues on Production and Semi-Production Servers and handling maintenance Jobs.
- Routine Developer/DBA jobs like Backups and Restores.
- Responsible for the identification and planning aSQLmigrationfrom physical to cloud.
- Developed amigrationframework consisting of a coded tool set to assist in the speed of themigration.
- Update statistics, database integrity check and Backup operations.
- Creating and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications.
- Resolved database space issues by sizing Table spaces, data files, and log files.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find performance, Dead locks, blockings and Capturing long running SQL queries for fine-tuning SQL statements that better result in efficient SQL statements processing.
- Created logical and physical database design, data structures, and implemented databases using Erwin.
- Analyzed business recovery requirements and maintained strategies and plans for critical databases.
- Developed, designed and documented tables, view, stored procedures, advanced queries, triggers, indexes and functions.
- Experience in Database Design activities including Data Files and File group organization,
- Capacity Planning, Data Partitioning and Data Normalization.
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Use DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Extensive T-SQL Programming using Views, Functions, Stored procedures, CTE’s and functions.
- Performed performance tuning by analyzing indexes, queries, and table size etc. Database
- Engine tuning advisor and query execution plan tools.
- Extensive work experience on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects with full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Experience in providing 24X7 on call support on weekly rotation.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, VB 6, Erwin, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Loader, Database engine tuning Advisor, BPA, Upgrade Advisor.
SQL Server DBA/Developer
- Installing, Configuring, Managing, Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Upgrading and Migrating SQL Server 2012/2008/2008 R2/2005 on Standby Environments.
- Installed and maintained SQL Server 2014 on some servers.
- Migrated servers from and with In-place and Side-by- Side Processes.
- SQL Server Patching on 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005.
- Developed SQL Server 2008 R2 Databases objects i.e. Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored procedures and Triggers
- Designing and building data load stored procedures, using MS SQL Server.
- Used log shipping, Always on Availability Groups and Mirroring for synchronization of databases.
- Worked with Transactional Replication to achieve Load balancing using network authentication.
- Responsible for Performance and tuning of SQL servers and application issues related to migration.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using SQL Server profiler to find long running queries and dead-locks.
- Daily routine Developer/DBA tasks like handling user’s permissions, monitoring Blocking, Deadlocks, Long running jobs, and space issues on Production and Semi-Production Servers and handling maintenance Jobs.
- Managing the locking/blocking and space management issues.
- Moving/Copying of Databases from one server to another server using Backup-restore, Attach and detach methods.
- Extensive T-SQL Programming using Views, Functions, Stored procedures, CTE’s and functions.
- Performed performance tuning by analyzing indexes, queries, and table size etc. Database Engine tuning advisor and query execution plan tools.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Designed and implemented Disaster Recovery Procedures like Log Shipping and mirroring between production and DR servers.
- Extensively involved in replication and implemented Snapshot, Merge and Transactional Replications.
Environment: MSSQLServer2012 &2008R2, Windows2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012, 2012 R2Server.
SQL Server DBA/ Developer
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining SQL Server 2012/2008R2/20 bit) on Active/Active Cluster with latest Service Packs, Hot Fixes.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Used native tools like Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor and Activity Monitor for performance tuning.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages using different control flow tasks, data flow task and data transformations.
- Performed ETL tasks from flat files to the servers and from SQL server to the flat files, csv files.
- Involved in Analysis, Development and Maintenance of Backup Plan, Disaster Recovery Plan, Procedures and Strategies using Maintenance Plans.
- Implemented and Maintained routine DBA tasks like scheduling jobs, creating maintenance plans. Checked servers for optimizations and implemented them.
- Troubleshooting blocking issues, deadlocks using blocker scripts, trace flags and activity monitor.
- Also involved inmigrationof sites from and developed windows utility tool to migrate sites including Security groups.
- Involved in creating a system backup duringmigrationand used Import Wizard formigration.
- Designed the Database Recovery plan and implemented the Database Mirroring in SQL Server 2008/2005 and participated in Disaster Recovery Drill processes.
- Extensively worked on Log shipping for synchronization of databases for SQL Server High Availability.
- Experience in managing Alerts, Operators, Proxies and Jobs through SQL Server Agent and Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
- Manage Project implementations/migrations by utilizing Microsoft'smigrationtools and PowerShell scripting
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory bottlenecks, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Proficient Development skills (SQL, TSQL, Stored Procedures, and Triggers) for providing development support and application tuning.
- Designed and created SQL Database, tables, indexes, and views. Created User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, and Triggers.
- Responsible for tuning complex SQL queries and Stored Procedures to increase performance.
Environment: SQLServer2008R2, Subversion, Microsoft One Note,SQLServerProfiler, Visio 2007.
SQL Server DBA/Developer
- Managed and Administrated SQL SERVER 2008/2008R2 highly transitive Production Environment and Active passive clustered environment.
- Handling Memory configurations for SQL Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2008 on Windows 2008.
- Implemented the SQL Server 2008/2008R2 concepts like Data partitioning, Snap shot isolation, database mirroring, database snapshot, CTE, DDL triggers, TRY-CATCH blocks, online indexing, DMV’s, DMF’s, Mail Setup, Jobs, and Alerts, DTA, SQLCMD and dedicated admin connection.
- Worked with Distributed Partitioned Views (DPV) for Load balancing between the Servers.
- Implemented T-SQL features in SQL Server 2008 that are Data partitioning, Error handling through TRY-CATCH statement, Common Table Expression (CTE), PIVOT.
- Checking Database Health by using DBCC Commands and DMV’S.
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Wrote and debugged Stored Procedures and (DDL /DML) Triggers, Functions as per client requirements.
- Datamigrationefforts including client data mapping, data modeling and effective issue resolution pertaining to data conversion processes from client's legacy system.
- Created Logins and Roles with appropriate permissions and maintainingDatabaseMaintenance Plans.
- Configured DB mail by creating accounts and profile.
- Implemented Transactional Replication between Primary and SecondaryServers.
- Implemented partitioning on large table to get the performance.
- Tuned stored procedures by using execution plans.
- Created Databases, Tables and Indexes.
- Create scripts or process to perform the datamigrationin a predictable and easily repeatable manner and perform the datamigration.
- Configured Mirroring and Transactional Log Shipping between Primary and SecondaryServers depending on the business requirements.
- Involved in performance tuning and query optimization.
- Worked on database capacity planning, maintenance planning, and SQL Agent jobs and troubleshooting.
- Managed and resolved trouble tickets for database-related issues submitted by customers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Oracle, DB2, Windows 2000/2003 servers, MS Access, DTS, SSIS, Visio, LiteSpeed, Performance monitor, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager.
SQL Server Developer
- Configured relevantSQLServercomponents includingdatabasebackup, consistency, integrity and network utilities to ensure health and access of eachdatabase.
- Checked the previous night'sSQLServerdatabaseand transaction log backups andSQLServer Agent jobs for errors.
- ImplementedSQLlogin, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Polices for various categories of users.
- Worked extensively with backup and restore requests. Checked all databases to make sure all are up and running.
- Created a mirroreddatabaseon the reportserverusingdatabasemirroring.
- Integrated SQL server profiler traces with Performance monitor to have better graphical analysis to find system bottlenecks.
- Created Documentation of migration steps need to be taken while upgrading the SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2005.
- Identified long running stored procedures and SQL using profiler and fine-tuned for maximum performance.
- Responsible to create necessary T-SQLscripts, stored procedures, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes.
- Operated and oversawdatabaseand log backups and restoration, planning backup strategies and scheduling.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, SCD, CDC, Merge Join and Union all.
- Responsible to monitor the health and performance ofSQLOS,serverinstances and home-grown applications using Extended Events,SQLserverProfiler, PerfMon, DTA and other third party tools.