- More than 7 years of IT experience as an MSBI and SQL Developer that includes Migration of Data and Reports using SQL server 2016/2012/2008 R2/2008 and Visual Studio 2017,2015,2013.
- SQL/SQL BI Developer in various industrial domains such as Finance, Insurance, and Health Care.
- Designed High - level ETL (Extraction Transformation Loading) architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP with the help of SSISBusiness Intelligence Development Studio
- Conversant with all Phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Testing with proficiency in Designing and Documentation of SQLServer Strategies and plans
- Developing reports on SSRS using SQL Server ( 2016/2012/2008 R2). Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Joins, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers
- Experienced in client requirement Analysis, Physical, Logical design, development (using Erwin, Normalization, and SQLServer Enterprise Manager), Resource Planning, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Deployment, Support and Maintenance of business applications using SQLServer 2016/2012//2008 R2/2008 DTS, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting databases and Troubleshooting.
- Performed Data Migration using tools like Data import/export, BULK INSERT and BCP between different Heterogeneous systems and SQLServer. Involved in creating Jobs, SQLMail Agent, Alerts and Scheduled DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Proficient at data transformations like lookups, Derived Column, Conditional Splits, Sort, Data Conversation, Multicast and Derived columns, Union All, Merge Joins, Merge, Fuzzy Lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot, Un-pivot and SCD to load data in SQL SERVER destination
- Also Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating S types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub-reports, and formatting them.
- Developed ETL process using SSIS, SSAS with various Control flow, Data flow tasks and Stored Procedures for the work order validation process
- Extensive knowledge of Tuning T-SQLqueries to improve the database performance Wrote VB.Net code for various SSIS Packages also valuable experience in developing Power BI dashboard using Share point.
- Involved in Data Warehousing Concepts and Data Modeling Techniques like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, and Snow-Flake Modeling
- Experience in report writing usingSQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating several types of reports like Dynamic, Linked, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart, Document Map and Sub-Reports.
- Experience in building, deploying and managing applications on Microsoft Azure Cloud computing platform.
- Very Good Communication skills, Good interpersonal skills & desire to excel, fast learner, efficient in handling multiple projects, hardworking and a versatile team player.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2016/2 MS - Access 16.0/15.0/14.0/12.0
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SSMS, SQL Profiler, Data Transformation Services, Upgrade Wizard, Replication, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Dashboard, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports 12/9, Tableau 9.3, Org Publisher, Microsoft Share Point
Data Modeling: Fact and Dimensional Data Modeling, UML, Logical data modeling and Physical data modeling.
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS Tabular, IBM Data Stage 7.5
Operating System: Windows 2010/7/8.1/8/7 , Linux CentOS 7, Solaris 11, Windows Server 2008 R2
Designing Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio
Applications / IDE: Visual Studio 2015/13/12/10 , Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dream viewer
MSOffice, MS: Project, Power BI
Confidential, Dallas, TX
MS SQL Developer/ MSBI Developer
- Responsible for gathering and defining user report requirements and developing appropriate Interfaces for the Reporting Infrastructure Environment to meet customer business needs, based on business processes and data entities between various systems.
- Supported front-end team in Designing and Developing custom web and console applications as per client requirements and specifications.
- Developing complex SSIS packages using different data transformations like Aggregate Conditional Splits, Lookup, Sort, Merge Join, Data Conversions, Multicasting, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Scripting, OLEDB Command with SQL etc.
- Actively involved in writing SQL Stored Procedures, functions, and triggers for updating customer usage information in the database
- Developing SSIS packages that upload multiple flat files using For each Loop Container and uses other control flow tasks like File System task, FTP task, Send Mail Task, Script Task etc.
- Improving the database performance by creating and using both Clustered and non-Clustered Indexes and by optimizing T-SQL statements. Using Azure portal to audit and analyze the events during a particular time horizon and stored in the script.
- Strong knowledge in Power BI on how to import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence (BI), Visualize data, author reports, schedule an automated refresh of reports and create and share dashboards based on reports in Power BI Desktop.
- Experience in automating day-to-day activities by using Windows PowerShell.
- Created ETL process using SSIS to transfer data from heterogeneous data sources by extensively using PIVOT to Normalize the data also combining data from different sources using UNION ALL.
- Worked with Marketing department to improve the external and internal website and posting latest updates.
- Developing SSIS and SSAS packages that upload multiple flat files using For Each Loop Container and uses other control flow tasks like File System task, FTP task, Send Mail Task.
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts, and Graphs
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries also trimming lengthy queries by replacing subqueries with JOINS to enhance the performance of Databases.
- Created and managed Database(s) on SQL AZURE. Setting up Connection Strings and connecting SQL Server Azure Databases from locally Installed SQL Server Management Studio.
- Generated reports using SSRS, Power Pivot, and Power BI that could be used to send information to a diverse group of users, clients, and managers
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Scheduling Daily, Weekly and Monthly SSIS package execution process using SQL Server Agent jobs.
- Using various performance tuning methods to optimize the data for better results in less time.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , Visual Studio2017, 2015, 2013, Framework 4.5, C#.Net, XML, Entity Framework, Informatica Power Center 9.5, Microsoft Office, Power BI, VBA, Excel, SSAS, Word, Windows server 2010, Business, MS Access intelligence development studio, Tableau 10.4, SQL profiler, MS Visio, T-SQL, DTS, Data Analyzer
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Created the Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Model and setting up the Best Practices.
- Built the Source to target mapping document based on Subject areas for ETL Data Integration initiative.
- Created Star Schema from analyzing the underlying requirements of the data warehouse.
- Monitor and provide support to the application during the Testing and Production environments from the back-end.
- Created complex Store procedures, Views, and functions to validate and transform data as per the business requirements
- Ability to create scripts using Azure PowerShell during for automation and build process.
- Worked closely with the client to analyze the business requirements in the user stories and advise accordingly from a database perspective.
- Expert in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Servers Reporting Services (SSRS), and Power BI.
- Build regular ad-hoc reports using SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services with help of various tools such as Group by, Drill-down, Cascading, Summarized, Matrix, Map, and Cross-join.
- Built and executed stored procedures outputs to the corresponding functions using Microsoft Technology Stack.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS.
- Designed and developed the reports according to the requirements using Power Map.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in Power BI service.
- Applied Performance tuning methods to trim the data by avoiding the unwanted columns helps to execute the query faster
- Created Indexed views, and appropriate indexes to cut the complex query run time.
- Involved in setting up the SQL scripting standards for the developers.
- Debugged Stored Procedures and (DDL /DML) Triggers, Functions as per client requirements
- Implementation of SQL Principle, Securable, Permission, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server Data Collector.
- Migrated DTS Packages to SSIS Package. Also, Power BI desktop, service migrated data from various databases.
- Monitored event and server error logs for troubleshooting.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SSAS, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), ETL, Informatica Power Center 9.1, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS),MS Access, MS Excel, TSQL, Advanced Windows 2010 Server, XML, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Tableau10.4,SQL profiler, VB6, MS Share Point Server, Azure, Power BI.
Confidential, Boston, MA
MS SQL/MSBI Developer (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Understanding the business requirement and functional specification of the client module also supporting Front-End team in improving the Application.
- Developed DTS packages from SQL Legendary tasks on SQL Server Management Studio to load the data from flat files and Source tables into SQL databases.
- Created and managed Schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Procedures, and Triggers in the database.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to the staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed an action in XML.
- Created Data Warehouse concepts, OLTP, OLAP, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Expertise in the optimization of the performance of the Designed workflows processes in Informatica and to identify the bottlenecks in different areas after the full volume system run
- Extensively worked on three stages of enterprise reporting like Authoring, management, and delivery using SSRS and SSAS.
- Strong experience in database installation, capacity planning, implementing backup and recovery strategy for application and database
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements
- Worked on Power BI and prepared dashboards to make it more attractive and explored data in a variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Raising the change management request and following up with the customer approval, for making any changes in the production server
- Developed a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Used Microsoft Technology stack transferred data through the cloud and using VB6 data is analyzed and sent for reporting.
- Responsible to tune ETL procedures and schemas to optimize load and Query Performance.
- Used Tableau to develop dashboards for more intuitiveness as per the user requirements also created the documentation for the team on project technical details.
- Involved in 24X7 On-call production support and fixing production issues. Experience working with live site production issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014,.Net 3.0, SQL BI Suite (SSIS), XML, MS Excel, MS Access 2014 & Windows Server 2010, SQL Profiler, SSRS, SSAS, DTS, Data Analyzer, SQL Server Data Tools/BI (SSDT), Red Gate SQL Source Control, TFS, Remote Desktop Connection (RDC), Informatica Power Center, Windows Server 2010 R2, SharePoint and Windows 10, Tableau., SQL Profiler, Azure, Power BI
Confidential, Sterling, VA
MS SQL Developer/ (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS) Developer
- Requirement gathering and analyzing data sources. Assisted in design and implementation of Database.
- Experienced in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as Data Transformation Service (DTS), SSIS, SSRS, Bulk Insert.
- Scheduling Daily, Weekly, and Monthly SSIS package execution process using SQL Server Agent jobs
- Working closely with the Actuarial department on loading and analysis of Claims data on daily basis.
- Designing claims reconciliation, validation and analysis reports for accounting and actuarial departments.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version-based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Taking Database Full Backup, Transaction log backup & differential backup in daily routine.
- Traced long running queries and deadlocks using SQL Profiler.
- Automated Stored Procedures to load data into staging and production environments in a timely manner using SQL Server Agent.
- Performed Screen Mirroring and Log Shipping operations using the cloud with the help of Azure.
- Worked on Power BI and prepared dashboards to make it more attractive and explored data in a variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration, and Deployment of Reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled the reports to run on daily, weekly basis in the report manager.
- Modified existing SAS programs and created new SAS programs using SAS Macros to improve ease and speed of modification as well as the consistency of results.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Business, Intelligence Development Studio (Visual studio) 2010/2012 (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), DTS, Power BI, Data Analyzer, TSQL, SQL profiler, Tableau, MS Access, MS Share Point Server, Azure, MS Word, MS Excel, ETL.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
MS SQL Server Developer (SSIS, SSRS)
- Work closely with Business analyst to analyze and understand the requirements.
- Creating flowcharts, data flow diagrams and support documents with a detailed description of each new module.
- Created Data model as per User requirements and studied the source system using Star Schema and Erwin.
- Designed various kinds of reports like Linked, cascaded and parameterized reports and Worked on Drill Down and Drill-through Reports using SSRS.
- Deploying these reports to share point site and adding filters, web parts
- As part of a Development team worked mostly on Integration Services, database migration planning, performance evaluation, migration process from development to production.
- Created views and indexed views as required by front-end developer for easier implementation.
- Created stored procedures and functions to support data storage and manipulation.
- Used linked/replicated servers and high-volume data storage.
- Converted the DTS Packages into SSIS using Migration Wizards.
- Interacting with the client directly to get the requirements and explain the project status.
- Publishing the reports in the share point site
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, MS Visual Studio, Microsoft office 2007, Microsoft Excel 2007, MS Access, SQL Server Query Analyzer, Windows 2007 server, Tableau, Excel, Word, SQL Profiler, MS Share Point Server, Azure, DTS, SQL Server Enterprise Manager
MS SQL Developer
- Created SSIS packages to automate the ETL processes included Metadata on record count, file size, and runtime
- Import and Export of data from one server to other servers using Data Transformation Services.
- Used Data Modification Language (DML) to insert and update data, satisfying the referential integrity constraints and ACID properties
- Involved in Index Analysis and Performance Tuning.
- Involved in performance tuning of the database and T-SQL queries.
- Preparation of test plans for assembly testing & System Integration testing.
- Developed Reports to generate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly Reports using Crystal Reports.
- Worked on creating Visio diagrams to explain the design process.
- Actively ensuring the production implementation of the new enhancements with the smooth transition of the project by adding value to the team in filling the gap where required as an analyst, programmer and QA tester.
- Involved in project status report updates/creation of issue items for reviews/updates of technical and transformation files on a timely basis
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2008, MS Access 2000, MS SQL Analysis Services 2005, MS Excel, Visual Studio 2005, Windows Server 2003, Excel, Word, Tableau, SQL profiler, MS Word, MS Share Point Server, Azure, MS Share Point Server, DTS, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Query Analyzer