- Over 7 years of IT experience in Database design, administration and all aspects of Systems Development using Client/Server technologies that includes Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design and Development
- Extensive knowledge in MongoDB concepts and good knowledge in Administration.
- Experience in upgrading and migrating various versions of Mongo database on different platforms.
- Focused on architecting NoSQL databases like Mongo, Cassandra and Cache database.
- Developed enhancements to MongoDB architecture to improve performance and scalability.
- Expert in Oracle database design and administration.
- Experienced in Writing UNIX Korn Shell Scripting for job scheduling and sequencing
- Experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and Stored Procedures and Java scripts
- Good expertise in using Database tools like MongoVue,Mongo compass and Toad.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Configured MongoDB as a service in Linux and Windows environments.
- Performed Pre Migration Assessment, Migration & Post Migration
- Identifying Reports Complexity, Implemented Row level/Column Level/Report Level Security
- Experience in data retrieval methods using Universes, Personal Data files, Stored Procedures, and free hand SQL
- Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL coding
- Excellent Communication skills
Database Tools: MongoVue,Robomongo,MongoCheff,Mongodump,Mongorestore,Mongofiles,MMS
Databases: Mongo 2.x,3.0.x,3.2.x Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i,MS Access 2000, MS SQL Server
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web logic
Testing Tools: QTP 9.2, Win Runner 8x, Test Director
O/S: Windows NT/XP Prof/2003 Server/2000/98/95, UNIX,Solaris, Linux (RedHat 7.0/6.0/5.0)
Languages: Java, C, C++, COBOL, VB, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
Others: MS Office - 2003, MS Project
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Mongo Database Admin
- Conducting case / system / process study for project planning, scoping, estimation, tracking for MongoDB clusters.
- Built MongoDB multiple version (2.x,3.0.x and 3.2.x) of cluster.
- Implemented TTL and indexing based on collection of profiling data and EXPLAIN analysis.
- Performed monitoring and capacity planning.
- Responsible in performing multiple upgrades to maintain the database function without errors.
- Experience in handling the service requests with MongoDB Jira for resolving issues.
- Suggested suitable MongoDB Data Modeling techniques for application team.
- Monitoring of Document growth and estimating storage size for large MongoDB clusters depends on data life cycle management.
- Adding and removing shards from sharded cluster.
- Enable sharding on databases and collections by choosing suitable shard keys.
- Familiar with Range based sharding and Hash based sharding.
- Measuring the Index use and dropping the indexes which are not actively used by queries.
- Good Knowledge on Journaling process and manage journaling to prevent data loss. converted repicaset and sharded cluster from MMAPV1 storage engine to WIredtiger storage engine.
- Configured SSL PEM keyfile and CA file to encrypt communication channel connections.
- Enforced Keyfile Access Control in a Replica Set and sharded cluster.
- Converted secondary node to Arbiter based on requirement to reuse of storage for different application.
- Sizing of Oplog based on Workloads and to maintain replication properly across all the nodes.
- Converted mirrored config servers in 3.0 to replicaset in 3.2 version.
- Maintaining Sharded cluster availability and security across all the nodes.
- Installed and configured OPS manager automation, monitoring and backup agent.
- Implemented better backup solution to backup Mongo Databases.
Environment: MongoDB, MMS, OPS manager, mongostat, mongotop, mongofiles, Ruby, Puppet, Linux/Unix, LVM Snapshots, Backup scheduler, Dataguard, Pearl, PyMongo, Java script.
Confidential, Durham, NC
Sr. Oracle/Mongo DBA
- Key person in on-boarding the new applications and re-architecting the application by working closely with the architect team.
- Worked closely with the application team to gather the application requirement with respect to the infrastructure build.
- Provided the application team solutions based on the requirement and issues as per the company policies.
- Prepared the Detail Design Document for the Database migrations and the new application on-boarding.
- Prepared the document supporting the application architecture and resource management. Co-ordinated with the offshore to schedule the application releases.
- Performed various database migrations from 10G to oracle 126.96.36.199 and to 12c. The migration involves change of OS platforms/servers/storage using RMAN, datapump and Golden Gate.
- Performed the database migration using Golden Gate to minimize the downtime of the large database.
- Supported the application performance testing. Analyzed the database and application performance. Worked on the performance tuning.
- Worked on the database, cluster build for Oracle 11g and builds of MongoDB.
- Supported the MongoDB database migrations/upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.4 and higher versions. Installed and configure the MongoDB replica set.
- Worked on Design Engineering of the Mobile Merge application to introduce the MongoDB.
- Designed the MongoDB application to get the feed from other oracle databases.
- Monitored the MongoDB performance using Ops Manager and ROBO Mongo. Raised tickets through JIRA to resolve any issue.
- Installed and configured the OPS manager and automated MMS agents. Installed backup agents.
- Configured Sharding to support the huge data growth.
- Query the MongoDB database using JSON.
- Configured the database RMAN backup in Data Domain and Netbackup. Restored the database as per the requirement.
- Configured Active Data Guard and performed DR test using snapshot database.
- Monitored the database performance using OEM Grid Control
- Configured the Golden Gate replication for the HA purpose. Resolved Golden Gate issues and performed the POC to set up the replication.
- Participated in the HA testing and storage migrations. Also decommissioning of the databases.
- Debugged and modified the shell script as per the requirement and configured in the crontab.
- Addressed all database related issues.
Environment: MongoDB 2.x,MMS,replicaset,Oracle 10g/Oracle 11g/RAC, Linux, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, Unix, TOAD and SQL Developer, RDBMS, SQLDBA, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, stored procedures, ASM,Data guard, Oracle Cloud Services
- Managed the Logical standby database and resolved ongoing issues. Maintained the standby database in synch with PROD server. Worked on troubleshooting of the slowness in shipping of archive logs.
- Worked and scheduled on RMAN backup and recovery strategy for new servers and database. Supported the recovery of databases in natural calamities.
- Monitored database performance. Worked on AWR, ADDM, ASH reports for performance tuning.
- Enabled the flashback and even successfully recovered lost data from flashback logs in case of data lost.
- Proposed the architectural implementation plan of migration and installation.
- Managed the user profile and role for secure data access.
- Migrated 10.2.0.4 databases to 188.8.131.52 on ASM and configured new applications. Installed and configured GRID Control and configured the targets to add in the Grid Control.
- Resolved the Grid Control OMS and OMA issues
- Worked on the pre-upgrade and post-upgrade tasks to check the database performance. Used Real Application Testing from Grid Control for the performance and validating the databases.
- Worked with developers on data validations.
- Applied critical patch and security patches (PSU) on RAC ASM, single node and standby database.
- Implemented data migrations and code migrations as per schedule.
- Installed and configured Golden Gate on 184.108.40.206 replication. Monitored the extract, replicat, manager process.
- Worked on pre-installation and post-installation testing to set up GG. Configured Golden Gate for DDL support and conflict resolution.
- Installed Golden Gate Director to monitor the GG process and the parameter files. Also installed WEBLOGIC server and client to fulfill the requirement of GG director installation.
- Developed the UNIX shell script to monitor database and to schedule jobs. Monitored server level performance by checking CPU, I/O, and paging. Worked on the system level reports.
- Developed shell script to check listener, database up time, get the automated tablespace and health reports, automated the AWR reports for database monitoring.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g /9i, ASM, Sun Solaris 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x, OEM, Explain Plan, Tkprof, SQL*LOADER
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. PL/SQL Developer
- Coordinated with the front-end design team to provide them with the necessary stored procedures and packages and the necessary insight into the data.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts to process the files on daily basis like renaming the file, extracting data from the file, unzipping the file and remove the junk characters from the file before loading them into the base tables.
- Expertise in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading using Informatica .
- Involved in the continuous enhancements and fixing of production problems.
- Generated server side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views for remote instances.
- Developed PL/SQL triggers and master tables for automatic creation of primary keys.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Created scripts to create new tables, views, queries for new enhancement in the application using TOAD.
- Created indexes on the tables for faster retrieval of the data to enhance database performance.
- Involved in data loading using PL/SQL and SQL*Loader calling UNIX scripts to download and manipulate files.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and Application tuning using various tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF and AUTOTRACE.
- Extensively involved in using hints to direct the optimizer to choose an optimum query execution plan.
- Used Bulk Collections for better performance and easy retrieval of data, by reducing context switching between SQL and PL/SQL engines.
- Created PL/SQL scripts to extract the data from the operational database into simple flat text files using UTL FILE package.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad, PL/SQL Developer and SQL* plus.
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance.
- Extensively used bulk collection in PL/SQL objects for improving the performing.
- Created records, tables, collections (nested tables and arrays) for improving Query performance by reducing context switching.
- Extensively used the advanced features of PL/SQL like Records, Tables, Object types and Dynamic SQL.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, XML, XSD, Unix Shell Scripting, Teradata V2R5, SQL Assistant 6.0, QTP9.2, SQL*Loader, SQL Developer, Shell Scripts, UNIX, Windows XP, Informatica