- Programmer Analyst/Project Lead with 17+ years’ experience in AS400 technology and 2+ years in enterprise web applications usingJ2EE technologies.
- Expertise in Property and Casualty Insurance, Manufacturing, Logistics, Distribution and Banking domains
- Expertise in System Analysis, Design, Development, and Maintenance skills of AS/400 platforms and IT systems running RPG/IV ILE (Free Format), RPG 400, RPG III, CLP, SQL/400, ALDON, MKS(Implementer), Hawkeye.
- Experience in trouble shooting database files using SQL.
- Excellent in Integration, System and Manual testing and providing UAT Support.
- Technical Management of complete End to End software project life cycles and leading teams to meet the defined targets with high standards of quality.
- Good experience in documentation; have created System Appreciation Document, Functional specifications, User Manual, Technical Design documents, Integration Test Plan, Unit Test Plan documents.
- Evaluated numerous complex system problems and user requirements. Developed the ability to provide structured and modular solutions.
- Proficient in managing multiple priorities and projects within tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem - solving skills.
- Expertise in Production support, solving production problems and providing permanent solutions.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete tasks effectively and efficiently where customer services and technical skills are demanded as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and client community.
Language: ILE RPG in 7.3,RPG IV, RPG-FREE, (Embedded/Dynamic)/SQL, RPG/400, RPGIII, CL/400, COBOL/400, Embedded-COBOL/400,Store Procedures
Job Control: CL Programming (CLP), SQL-Triggers, iSeries Navigator
Systems: AS400, iSeries(V7R2)
Tools: Query/400, RLU, DFU PFE, PDM, RSF, HAWKEYE, APLUS, STRANT, DBU40, ALDON, MQ, Lotus Notes, WDSC, FTP, SFTP
DB2/400: DDS-Physical Files, Logical Files, Join Files, Data Dictionaries
Screen Design Aid (SDA): Menus, Display Files, Sub-file Programming
File Transfer Protocol (FTP): Query/400 and Open Query File (OPNQRYF)
System Administration-PTFs: System Values, Basic Configuration
Tech Lead /Architect
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Working as an on-site coordinator
- Requirements gathering from the client and concerned teams
- Analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements
- Designing the programs and screens required
- Guiding off-shore team and Developed programs using RPGLE, CLLE, Websmart, Presto screens
- Involved in developing 15 Programs without deviating to organization standards.
- Involved in different testing like unit testing, DA testing, Client QA testing, UAT
Technical Environment: AS/400, iSeries, ILE-RPG, SQL/400, ILE, RPG/400, CLLE, DB2/400, MKS, IBM-RDI.9.5.1, Zebra language, Cognitive languageWEBSMART 11.3, Presto 5.6
Sr. RPG Developer/Architect
- Currently on TLE- EDI 6.1 in a logistics environment (204,210,214,990…etc) on ISeries.With a base of 500+ trading partners, active, trading partner setup, mapping
- Architectural design for Processing EDI Transaction into DB2 files using MQ Series and XML.
- Converting old TrustedLink System i (TLi) web database system with a newer RPG IV system.
- Understands transportation industry EDI X12 standards and transaction sets for transportation and logistics.
- Created SQL Scripts and MQ programs and Updated Production Programs To complete 204,990 and 210, 214 transactions.
Technical Environment: AS/400, iSeries, ILE-RPG, SQL/400, ILE, RPG/400, CL/400, DB2/400, MKS, IBM-RDI.9.5.1, MQ Series, EDI X12 and XML, NetBeans, MQExplorer, Sterling B2B Integrator, SoapUI, Note++, RFHUTIL v7.5.0, X-Analysis 12.0.6
- Developed order fulfilling process for RF-Guns to scan Barcode- UCC128.
- Developed a process to deliver weights and quantities to Tandem to support order updates
- Distribution Center (DC)/warehouse- maintenance Setup for stock orders for different stock yard.
- Spilt order process for Fish/Meat for different DC.
- Printing barcode labels and reports, Pick-order reports, In/Out of Room reports
- Modified Butcher's Cut Test Yield formula at Maintenance screen
- Loading data for new Yield formulas from Canopy into ACOP system.
- Analyze newly converted data to establish a baseline measurement for new requirement.
- Used agile methodology for project implementation using Jira.usfood.com
- Used usfoods.sharepoint.com for documentation.
- Worked with architects and subject-matter experts to design comprehensive solutions.
- Tuning SQL Statements at SQL/400
- Change Management software -ALDON.
Technical Environment: AS/400, iSeries, ILE-RPG, SQL/400, ILE, RPG/400, CL/400, EMBEDDED SQL, DB2/400, MKS, IBM Rational developer for iNavigator.