- Around 4 years of IT Experience in Database Design, Development and Business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 /2016 in Development, Test and Production Environments on various business domains like Healthcare, Financial and Telecom.
- Effectively involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle such as Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance of projects.
- Working experience in BI Solutions (ETL) using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and T - SQL Programming using DDL, DML, and DCL commands for various business applications.
- Worked with end users/customers to understand business requirements, recommended technical solutions and documented functional requirements.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views and Cursors.
- Expert in using SQL Server Agent to Schedule and monitor Jobs.
- Extensive knowledge in tuning T-SQL (DDL and DML) queries to improve the database performance and availability.
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Performing Data transfers between different homogeneous/heterogeneous systems (Excel, MS Access, Oracle and DB2) and SQL Server as a part of Data Migration, Data Maintenance
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- Expertise in conversion of DTS to SSIS packages and troubleshooting the migration issues.
- Extensive working experience in creating Database Objects like tables, Constraints and Indexes.
- Used incremental approach in the Work Flows and Data Flows to integrate source data into warehouse tables using required transformations.
- Experience in providing System and User-defined Variables, Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Expertise in Merging data from various Heterogeneous Data sources, Populating Dimension and Fact tables in Data warehouses and Data Marts, Cleaning and Standardizing data loaded into OLTP and OLAP databases using SSIS.
- Experience in creating configuration files to deploy the SSIS packages across all environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Designing, Developing and deploying various kinds of reports using SSRS relational and multidimensional data.
- Expertise in creating various SSRS Reports like Charts, Filters, Sub-Reports, Scorecards, Drilldown and Drill-Through, Cascade, Parameterized reports that involved conditional formatting.
- Expert at developing ETL interfaces using SSIS and enterprise reports using SSRS utilizing latest versions (2005/2008/2008 R2/2016) & features.
- Expertise in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub reports.
- Expertise in data modeling and developing SSAS multi-dimensional and tabular models using VS 2012/2015.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into Share point (MOSS 2007) and various delivery mechanisms.
- Strong Experience in Unit, Integration and System Testing.
OS: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008, Windows 10
Databases: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008/2005 , PL/SQL, Oracle 11g/8.0i, Microsoft Access 2000/8.0 Teradata14.0, Oracle (8i/9i/10g), MDS 2012
Scripting Languages: HTML, XML, Java Scripting, VB Scripting
ETL & Reporting: SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014 , SSIS 2005/2008/2012/2014 , Excel, Power BI
Hardware: IIS 6.0/5.0/4.0
Version & Defect Control: Microsoft TFS, MS VSS, Synergy, HP Quality Center & Jira
Others: MS Office, Erwin, Crystal Reports XI, Visio, Microsoft Business Intelligence Studio, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) SQL Server Notification Services, SQL Server 2000/2005 Analysis Services (SSAS), Visual web developer, MS FrontPage, Windows Scripting Host, Erwin Data Modeler, MS Visual, SAS/Access, Crystal Reports SAP Business Objects, MS SharePoint
SQL BI Developer
- Develop Custom integrations to meet internal and external requirements of customers using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Identified the data source and defining them to build the data source views.
- Looked at the reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures.
- Extensively worked onviews, cursors, CTE’s, schemas,permissions and performance issues with client/server database design.
- Experience working on Salesforce for Administration Purposes
- Written T-SQL queries for the retrieval of the data
- Wrote T-SQL queries using inner join, outer join, and self joins, merge join. Also implemented functionality for removing duplicate records like using CTE and ranking function
- Worked for various health insurance vendors like Humana, Cigna Medical, Aetna
- Communicating with the Business analysts to discuss about the requirement and provide the customer with right data
- Writing and debugging T-SQL, stored procedures, views and user defined functions
- Have successfully worked on multiple projects parallelly to meet the deadlines
- Responsible for gathering/refining requirements from the customer for developing reports.
- Practical exposure to Power BI features as a part of putting DAX to work in our data models and visualizations
- Implementation of data mapping by writing various T-SQL queries on database
- UsedSSISto createETLpackages to validate, extract, transform and load data toData Warehousedatabases.
- Improved Report Performance and performed unit testing.
- Worked on Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) for accessing data directly from tabular SSAS database.
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Involved in ER diagrams both physical and logical using Erwin mapping the data into database objects
- Tuned SQL queries using execution plans better performance and query optimization
- Created a cube using multiple dimensions and modified the Relationship between a Measure group and a dimension using SSAS.
- Extensively used Teradata SQL Assistant to extract data from Data warehouse.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like Table, Matrix, Drill Down, Drill through, parameterized cascaded reports
- Perform data mappings and develop ETL solutions to extract and load data from various source ERP systems for staging databases
- Created Tableau dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security
- Implemented and enhanced existing reportslike group by, drilldown, drill through, sub-reports, list, tabular, matrix, navigation reports, standard parameter, cascading parameter and multivalve parameters.
- Developed visualizations using sets, Parameters, Calculated Fields, Dynamic sorting, Filtering, Parameter driven analysis.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2016/2014, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2014), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS 2014), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2014), Tableau desktop 9.2/10.1, Erwin, Windows 2010, MS Excel, XML, SQL Server Profiler, Power Pivot,TFS (Team Foundation Server).
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
SQL BI Developer
- Gathered requirement and designed technical document to implement application.
- Designed and developed data model inSQLServer using Visio.
- Created Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Cursors.
- Designed and implemented multiple systems using MSSQLServer 2012 and 2014.
- MigratedSQLserver 2012 toSQLServer 2014 in Microsoft Windows Server 2014 Enterprise Edition and DTS packages from one server to another.
- Migrated SSIS packages fromSQLServer 2012 to SSIS 2014.
- Wrote complex queries for the drill down reports and used conditional formatting using SSRS.
- Used SSIS to transfer data from various sources likeSQLServer and MS Access to configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Actively supported business users for changes in reports as and when required using SSRS. Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures using SSRS.
- Performed various calculations using complex expressions in the reports and created report models.
- Responsible for Deploying SSIS Package onto Production and used different types of Package configurations to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Established standards and schedules for database backups by making sure that the backup schedules meet the recovery requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Used the RESTORE VERIFY option when creating backups.
- Used Execution Plan,SQLProfiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
- Designed & optimized indexes, views, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Designed and Implemented Billing System procedures.
- Interacted with Team, Designed and developed database using ER diagram, Normalization and Relational Database concept.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Performed maintenance duties like performance tuning and optimization of queries, functions and stored procedures.
- Designed high level SSIS architecture for overall data transfer from the source server to the Enterprise Services Warehouse.
- Created database maintenance planner for the performance ofSQLServer, which covers Database integrity checks and re-indexing.
- Deployed the packages on staging and production.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2010/2012, C#, SQL Server Profiler, Oracle 10g, Power BI, Power Query, SSMS, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SQL Server Data tools, Business Objects, SharePoint 2012.