- Over 10 (Ten) years of experience in the IT industry for past 7 (seven) years as MS SQL Developer/BI Developer designing, developing, enhancing and maintaining large data sets processed through the MS BI stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) and Three (3) year of experience as Java/J2ee developer
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Data Marts, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables
- Expertise in creating and managing Conceptual, Logical, Physical Data Models, Data Mapping, Data Normalization, OLTP and OLAP databases and data warehouse
- Excellent T - SQL Developer skills including Stored Procedures, Indexes, Views, Table, User Defined Functions, Triggers, Cursors and Distributed Transactions
- Extensive experience in using all types of SQL Server Constraints, SQL Server Database design, Database maintenance, developing Transact- SQL queries, CTE using SQL Servers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency
- Dealt with large relational datasets, performed performance tuning for query, stored procedure, SSIS package, SSRS report and archiving
- Expertise in Scripting programming using Powershell script and Linux script
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of SSIS packages from Access, SQL and Oracle
- Experience in creating different types of reports such as Drill Down/Drill Through, Cascading Report, Cross Tab Report, Parameterized, Sub reports and Charts using Global variables, Expressions and Functions for the Business Users using SSRS
- Experience in creating SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleansed data
- Involved in creating Jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and Schedule SSIS, DTS Packages
- Expert in High Level Design of SSIS Package for integrating data from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) and Data conversion process
- Experience in migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using SQL Server SSIS
- Experience in SQL Server Migration
- Experience in Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, XML and Flat file using SSIS utility. Involved in transformation of OLTP data to the Data Warehouse using SSIS and SQL commands
- Created and implemented Cubes, and designed attribute relationships for optimal performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions
- Involved in Query Optimization and Performance Tuning using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, upgrade analyzer and store procedure Debugger
- Worked on administration tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, backup & recovery, user and application table management, upgrades, creating Databases/File groups/Files /Transaction logs
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Updates of SQL Server
- Excellent Communication skills, Analytical skills, understand business requirements in various domains
- Maintained positive communications and working relationships at all business levels and willing to work for extended hours
- MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- MS FrontPage
- Microsoft Access 2000/8.0
- Oracle pl/sql
Confidential, Newark, NJ
MS SQL Server BI Developer
- Installed SQL Server 2012
- Read stored procedure source and performed reverse engineering. Performed data analyzing, wrote chart flow of business logic and specification documents
- Created tables and views for the new business requirements
- Analyzed business requirement and modified stored procedure source to satisfy monthly business needs
- Provide support to Business Analyst(s) in gathering and/or clarifying data
- Develop SSRS projects to handle ETL, transmission, and archiving of files received and generated
- Design, develop, and maintain database tables, stored procedures, and supporting objects
- Develop SQL queries and support ad hoc requests for data
- Developed reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2012 using SSRS, TSQL, Scripts, Stored procedures, indexes and views
- Developed SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data from SAP, Oracle, excel file and SQL Server databases into centralized SQL Server Data Warehouse
- Developed new ETL packages and maintained existing ETL processes for SQL Server reports. Loaded data into staging area with ETL and from staging area to Data Warehouse. Performed performance tuning for SSIS package and reports.
- Created SQL Server jobs and scheduled them to load data regularly using SQL Server Agent
- Created parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down, Drill through reports, and Summary reports
- Communicated with Business manager to determine the business requirement and report layout intensively
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SSIS, SSDT, MS Office, MS Visio
Confidential, Warren, NJ
MS SQL Server BI Developer
- Analyzed the requirements and selected the appropriate fact tables/created fact tables
- Worked with various control flow tasks of SSIS including Data Flow Task, Execute SQL Task, etc including Container Tasks like For Loop Container and for each Loop Container and used Sequence Container to manage various tasks
- Created Packages for Transaction processing using containers as For-Each Loop, Sequence & controlling flow of data using tasks as Script, Data Flow, File System, and Execute Package
- Transferring data between XML document and SQL server
- Performed activities such as database creation, database tuning, performance planning, backup planning and database administration
- Identified slow running query and optimization of stored procedures and tested applications for performance, data integrity using SQL Profiler
- Designed Report Templates using constant information like Company Logo, Department Name etc. that could be used in future
- Worked on Reports as simple as just Data Dump from a table to as complex as reports with Multiple Table within same report with various functionality like Drill Through, Parameterized and Chart reports.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers
- Used SSRS Reports to write complex formulas and to query the database to generate different types of ad-hoc reports for Business Intelligence
- Responsible for designing, creating and deploying the reports into the production server
- Created Menu Reports i.e. a report that would provide menu of reports that come under same group, and which would direct user to the specific report they click on.
- Materialized views, dimensions and stored outlines for optimal performance
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures to capture updated and deleted data from OLTP systems
- Created various kinds of Chart Reports such as Bar Chart, Line Chart, Pie Chart. Also created complex chart report with two axes (primary and secondary axes) to show data with various data types/formats such as Turnover in various chart formats within same graph
- Worked on scheduling automatic run of the reports using Subscription and deliver the reports to the business users, in various formats and with various messages using expressions
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Powershell, MS Office, MS Visio, Excel
MS SQL Server/BI Developer
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2008r2 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views)
- Developed SSIS packages to extract, transform and load data from Oracle, text file, excel file and SQL Server databases into Data Warehouse
- Designed and implemented a snowflake -schema Data Warehouse in SQL Server based on the existing data warehouse
- Managed and developed existing and new ETL processes for SQL Server reports. Refreshed staging tables with ETL. Scaled SSIS to make it work more reliable
- Identified the dimension, fact tables and designed the Data-Mart using Star schema
- Created SQL Server jobs and scheduled them to load data periodically using SQL server Agent
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages
- Responsible for migration of packages from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 using SSIS
- Created Parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports with report snapshots to improve the performance of reports by Using SSRS
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS
- Generated variety of reports using SSRS including matrix report, parameter report, dashboard with charts and drilldown action; built reports from Analysis Service cube; configured report server and deployed reports on web server with SharePoint
- Wrote enterprise reports and stored procedures upon requests. Designed report models to meet business requirements and allowed users to perform fast queries
Environment: MS SQL Server2008R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Powershell, MS Visual Studio.NET# 2008, Microsoft Excel
MS SQL Server/BI Developer
- Gathered data from various external sources (Oracle) into a data warehousing system (Enterprise Cube) with the help of ETL process
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance. (SSRS)
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects (views, indexes, etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages and handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data from various sources like Oracle, text files, XML Files, SQL Server, Excel and Access to SQL Server
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures
- Applied various data transformations like slowly changing dimension, aggregate, lookup, multicasting, conditional split and derived column in SSIS
- Created dimensions by defining Parent-Child relationships, using different dimension types
- Involved in planning, defining and designing star/snowflake diagrams using ERwin on business requirement and provided documentation
- Implemented OLAP Cubes, Facts, and Dimensions for providing summarized and aggregate views of large database sets
- Used MDX calculations to support analysis needs and fast data retrieval. Expressions included Calculate, Group, Filter, Parameterize, and Format the contents according to business requirements
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA), SQL Profiler, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2010, ERwin
MS SQL SSRS Developer
- Created database objects like tables, users, roles, stored procedures, triggers
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages (ETL) to extract and transform data and involved in Scheduling SSIS Packages
- Responsible for Data migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 Databases
- Created and automated regular jobs such as daily and weekly report generations using SSRS
- Developed an automated report subscription process using SSRS with conditional formatting to highlight key areas in the report data
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with the Databases/Servers on a timely basis
- Used various formatting techniques like interactive sorting, grouping to created user friendly reports
- Created ETL metadata reports using SSRS, reports include like execution times for the SSIS packages, Failure reports with error description
- Used Report Builder to do Ad-hoc Reporting and drill through report to link to a specific report
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2000/2003, MS Access, T-SQL, SSRS.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Performed backup/restore, database objects such as tables, procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes and views, user security management, implementation of version control with Visual Source Safe
- Designed and implemented complex T-SQL code, stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks of the application
- Managed SQL user logins, database user accounts, server roles, database roles and its permissions
- Created complex store procedure to copy Database Objects from remote server to local machine and vice versa
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations
- Building UAT and Test environments using Production backups.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Expertise in designing the complete ETL process from the source to Data Warehouse, implemented SCD to load data
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, ERwin, Visual Source Safe (VSS), T-SQL, SSIS, OLAP, OLTP, ETL
- Implemented the application using multi-tier architecture
- Designed and developed web components to operate within Struts Action Framework.
- Developed web page templates using Tiles and routed the formatted data to the appropriate set of tiled JSPs for browser display.
- Involved in creating registration, sign in, search results, customer support pages using JSP and JSTL.
- Developed a Resource Bundle and configured the web application to load the message resources and accessed resource values from an Action class.
- Implemented DOM based xml parsing for displaying information to the user. The source data is obtained in xml format which is then parsed to display information in a grid view.
- Developed, tested and debugged web components and deployed the application in Tomcat.
- Worked extensively on bug fixes on the server side and made cosmetic changes on the UI side.
- Created combined deployment descriptors using XML.
- Designed and developed UI using HTML, JSP and Struts where users have all the items listed for auctions.
- Responsible for coding SQL Statements and Stored procedures for back end communication using JDBC.
- Developed various activities like transaction history, search products that enable users to understand the system efficiently.
- Involved in preparing the Documentation of the project to understand the system efficiently.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, SQL, JQuery, HTML, JMS, PL/SQL, XML, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Windows, Tomcat, Linux, Eclipse, Log4j.
- Participating in user requirement sessions to gather business requirements
- Involved in Development, Integration and Testing of application modules
- Developed presentation layer using JSP, HTML, Java Script, HTML, JQuery and CSS
- Implemented the project using IDE Eclipse
- Worked on JQuery, AJAX, and JSON for designing highly user interactive web pages
- Implemented AJAX for better user experience by dynamically providing Asynchronous request and response communication between the client and the server
- Used Object/Relational mapping tool Hibernate to achieve object persistence
- Implemented the integration with the back end system with web services using SOAP
- Involved in configuring hibernate to access database and retrieve data from the database
- Developed ANT Scripts to do compilation, packaging and deployment in an application server
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Hibernate, SQL, Spring, JQuery, HTML, JNDI, JMS, PL/SQL, XML, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Windows, Weblogic, Linux, bash, Eclipse, Log4j.