- 7 years of IT experience in Data Design and Development on Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000, T - SQL, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, SSIS/DTS Package Configuration, SSRS, and Data-warehousing.
- Experience in using Business Intelligence tools(SSIS,SSAS,SSRS) in MS SQL Server 2008
- Extensive experience wif T-SQL in constructing Triggers, Tables, implementing stored Procedures, Functions, Views, User Profiles, Data Dictionaries and Data Integrity.
- Extensive knowledge of Normalization and Relational Database Management Systems.
- Hands on experience on various SQL Server Services like Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Hands on Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2008r2/2005/2000.
- Great ability to create and manage various database objects like tables, views.
- Excellent T-SQL development skills to write complex queries involving multiple tables, great ability to develop and maintain stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Experienced in using ETL tools in (SSIS) MS SQL 2008,MS SQL 2005 and DTS in MS SQL 2000
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP utility, DTS and SSIS services.
- Data Loading Experience in SQL Server 2008 using SSIS ETL and Experience in developing packages in SSIS and DTS according to task.
- Data analysis and data migration by transferring them using SSIS packages.
- Experience wif logical and physical data modeling and database design using Erwin.
- Experience in Designing and Building teh Dimensions and cubes wif star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Deployed and processed SSAS cube weekly to update information by using SQL Server Agent.
- Expert in creating SSAS cubes and creating dashboards in PPS (Performance Point Server) using Business Modeler.
- Expert in creating simple and parameterized reports and also complex reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs using SSRS in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine tuning teh reports. Created many Drill through and Drill Down reports using SSRS.
- Experience in optimization tools such as Index tuning wizard, SQL Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal/external and team environments.
SQL Server Tools: Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server 2008,SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, DTS, SSIS, SSRS
Database: MS SQL Server 2012,2008R2,2008,2005, 2000, MS-Access
Language: C, C++, T-SQL, VB.Net
Operating System: Windows XP/NT/2000, DOS, Windows Server 2003
Tools: Erwin, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012/2008/2005,Share Point Server 2007, Microsoft Project Server 2007, GOLDTIER
Architecture: Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLAP, OLTP
Reporting Tools: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Crystal Reports
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS
Confidential, San Ramon
- Performance tuning, and optimization of procedures and queries.
- Using SSIS, building high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages for data warehousing and also Scheduling teh SSIS packages and Jobs.
- creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Involved in Requirements gathering, Analysis and design of all teh client requirements.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading teh data into teh Data warehouse.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc. to generate underlying data for teh reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse
- Experience in using T-SQL in SQL Server 2012 platform
Environment: - SQL Server 2012/2008 (Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SSMS), SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, SQL Agent.
Confidential, Costa Mesa
Data Base Engineer (SQL Server)/ ETL Developer
- Working as DBE on Project called Univision which is a bilingual product of English and Spanish to feed teh data to front end application.
- Designing and implementing stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Developed flowcharts for complex stored procedures.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and
- Imported data from files to DB applying transformation and using configurations.
- Worked on teh BMC Service Desk Express/Triage, Which is used for trouble shooting teh tickets raised by teh users in teh production support.
- Created and Trouble shouted stored procedures which were used by a front end application and performed teh Unit test on teh same.
- Created Technical Design Document for different projects
- Created several data models/marts using ER Studio Data Architect
- Redesigned teh existing data models.
- Created DDL Scripts and Configuration scripts for various process in teh Project
- Worked on documentation for teh Business process and Technical details also logged teh changes made in different store procedures
- Worked on Data validations and data mapping
- Performed code reviews for different project scripts and store procedures/Project tickets
- Used Serena Dimensions CM tool to check in teh scripts and deploy teh same in different environments
- Created SSRS reports to track teh status on documentation for different projects and Business process
- Worked on setting up teh control M Job (Automate job scheduling) in different environments and Trouble shouted teh Jobs
- Developed SSIS packages using for each loop inControl Flow to process all excel files wifin folder, File System Task to move file into Archive after processing and Execute SQL task to insert transaction log data into teh SQL table.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, Configuration Files, Tables, Views, Functions, and implemented best practices to maintain optimal performance
Environment: Windows XP Professional, Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Serena Team Track, ER Studio
SQL Server (T-SQL, ETL/SSIS) Developer
- Working on Data Migration and Conversion for Client On-Boarding Product (Glod Tier).
- Migrated Data from SQL Server to Oracle and DB2.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Server 2008R2, SQL 2008 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements wif error handling And Logging.
- Enhancing and deploying teh SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Created SQL Jobs to schedule SSIS Packages
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from teh OLTP to OLAP wif teh halp of SSIS.
- Performed Documentation for all kinds of reports and DTS and SSIS packages.
- Used various ETL tools like SSIS/DTS for data flow from source files like XML, Excel, Tables, and Views to other databases or files wif proper mapping.
- Used various transformations like Lookup Transformation, Fuzzy lookup to get teh data from reference data sets.
- Migrating SQL Server 2008 databases into SQL Server 2008r2.
- Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 on standalone and cluster environments
- Using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports dat draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on teh requirements.
- Creating Reports as per user requirements using MS Reporting Services 2008/2008R2 Created different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill Through,OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them using both SSRS
- Created views and Stored Procedures for generating report. Responsible for creating teh reports based on teh requirements using SSRS 2008R2/2008. Extensively worked in sorting teh data, defining subtotals for teh reports
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for teh reports using SSRS.
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, SSIS, VBScript, XML, SQL Profiler, SQL Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Worked on teh Reports module of teh project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2005 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS
- Worked on DTS/SSIS for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database (Access database and xml format data) to SQL Server.
- Involved in Data Integration by identifying teh information needs wifin and across functional areas of an enterprise database upgrade and Migration wif SQL server Export Utility.
- Used DTS/SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Involved in deployment of SSRS reports on teh SharePoint Portal.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Created cubes and defined teh dimensions and Responsible for defining calculated members
- Wrote stored procedures to get teh fields required for teh reports.
- Created datasets using stored procedures and reports using multi value parameters
- Created sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports.
- Dealt wif huge amount of data and used SSAS in order to retrieve teh data
- Worked wif data extraction using SSIS and Data Warehouse staging, and loading.
- Responsible for hiding and disabling attributes and attribute hierarchies.
- Implementing teh calculations to aggregate physical measures.
- Developed reports dat deliver data from cubes.
- Created and managed subscriptions for teh reports.
- Defined specific read/process permissions for teh users in SSAS instance.
- Implemented user based security in SSRS reports to limit teh access of reports.
- Responsible for identifying and defining Data Source and Data Source views.
- Created SSIS packages to move data from oracle to SQL Server which involved usingVarious transformations, developing SQL queries.
Environment: SQL Server 2005 / 2000(2003, 64 bit edition of SQL server 2000), SharePoint, DTS, Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio, VB Scripts, SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Office, Excel, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
SQL Server Developer
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2000 successfully.
- Created stored procedures and triggers to capture updated and deleted data from OLTPSystems.
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, BCP, DTS, and Indexes.
- Wrote complex store procedures, triggers, views, user defined functions and other objects.
- Co-ordinate wif front end developer to put in teh business rules.
- Used DDL & DML to writing Triggers, Stored Procedures to check data entry and payment verification.
- Created DTS Package to import and export data from SQL Server to Text, xml and Excel files.
- Involved in mapping teh data into teh database objects.
- Developed teh SQL scripts to insert/update and delete data in MS SQL database.
Environment: SQL Server 2000 (Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, DTS Designer, SQL ProfilerIndex Tuning Wizard), Windows XP, MS Excel, MS Access, XML, Text Pad text editor, MS Visio.
SQL Server Developer/SQL Server DBA
- Managed high-availability SQL Server environment supporting financial, business intelligence and CRM systems wif load-balancing across multiple data centers.
- Implemented transactional replication to enhance teh failover capabilities increased over all database manageability and improved performance.
- Development of automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, replication verification, database integrity verification, indexing and statistics updates.
- Create rules, defaults, tables, views, clustered & non-clustered index, user defined data types, and user defined functions.
- Actively designed teh database to fasten certain daily jobs, stored procedures.
- Optimize query performance by creating indexes.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures.
- Involved in merging existing databases and designed new data models to meet teh requirements.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications
- Created complex stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage, Archiving, Purging and manipulation.
- Performance tuning and optimization of procedures and queries.
- 24x7 Production support.
Environment: MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Datacenter, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), HP Proliant Servers DL Series, HP Storage WorksMSA20.