- A Microsoft certified Professional wif 8 years of experience in Data modeling, database design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database systems using MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 .
- Extensive experience in Using Microsoft BI Studio products for implementation of ETL methodology in data extraction, transformation and loading.
- Expert in data Warehouse development starting from inception to implementation and ongoing support, strong understanding of BI application design and development principles.
- Using Normalization and De-Normalization techniques.
- Generating complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries etc. Programming in SQL Server - Using teh stored procedures, Triggers, User-defined functions and Views, Common table expressions (CTEs).
- Writing heavy stored procedures, Audit triggers views, creating SQL scripts for data loads and Upgrades for data migrations and data validations.
- Proficient in Performance Tuning/Query optimization using indexes.
- Assisted wif automation of manual processes by writing VBA code and using macros and formulas to speed processes and maximize accuracy.
- Tuning teh performance of stored procedures and large T-SQL Queries using Clustered indexes, efficient coding standards.
- Huge Data transfers from & to SQL Server Databases using utilities/ tools like DTS, SSIS, BCP, and Bulk Insert.
- Experienced wif aggregation using OLAP analysis services cube.
- Expert in Database Normalization, Optimization and Tuning, Backup/Restore, Data Import/Export, Trouble shooting, and Database Objects authorization.
- Proficiency and Expertise in SQL Server Replication, Backup/Recovery, Disaster recovery and planning.
- Experience in query optimization (SQL tuning) using SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor (DTA), Index tuning wizard and Performance monitor for performance tuning.
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- Developed ETL process using SSIS wif various control flow, data flow tasks and store procedures for work order validation process.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail, Alerts and schedule SSIS Packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Creating SSIS Packages and involved in Package configurations and deployments between Development and QA and Production servers.
- Extensive experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from both relational databases and OLAP cubes.
- Expert in designing and generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel Pivot table based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, matrix, dynamic reports and other features of reporting service.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS) wif Report authoring, Report management, Report delivery and Report security.
- Hands on experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Expert in creating parameterized reports, Drill down, Drill through, Sub reports, Linked reports, Snapshot, Cached, Adhoc reports using SSRS.
- Expert in writing MDX queries wif extensive experience in creating and customizing Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2005/2008.
- Experienced in working wif Star Schema modeling to develop ROLAP/MOLAP Cubes using SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services.
- Experience in Cube designing in Business Intelligence Development Studio using SSAS.
- Strong experience in defining Referenced relationships in SSAS.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments.
- Track record of taking projects to successful completion.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and a team worker wif a strong customer focus.
RDBMS: MSSQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2012, MS ACCESS.
Database Utilities: Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, BI Development Studio, Visual Studio, Configuration Manager, SQL Server Profiler SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Refractor, SQL Server Agent.
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS), SSIS, Pervasive Data Integrator, Import/ export wizard, Bulk Insert, BCP
BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Crystal Reports, BIRT, Plateau Report Designer.
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Management Tools: SharePoint, Team Foundation Suite (TFS), Microsoft Office Communicator.
Languages: T-SQL, MS SQL, MDX, C/C++, VB, VBA, HTML, XML.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML.
O/S: Windows 2008/2007/2003/2000/ NT Servers, XP, Vista, UNIX.
Confidential, Somerset County, NY
SQL Server /SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Creating Schema Database diagrams, Tables structures and maintain teh relationships wif constraints and indexes as per business logic.
- Created Stored procedures, User Defined Functions (UDF), views, Joins and system defined functions, Temp Tables, Table Variables etc.
- Increase teh query performance, Handling teh errors in script level and used Transactions.
- Preparing teh release/roll back scripts as per production deployment process.
- Using transformations like Derived Column, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Row Count, Lookup, sort and Data Conversion to load data into Data Warehouse.
- Experience in creation of validation and Ingestion packages as per teh business logic
- Extensively working in Data Extraction Transformation and loading into staging tables, validate teh records on staging tables through validation process tan valid records are insert into production tables through ingestion process.
- Developed System logging and Custom logging on task and package level.
- Implemented Package Template and Package configurations.
- Creating Report subscriptions to store teh reports at shared locations at schedule time.
- Experience on rendering teh Reports in teh form PDF, Excel and CSV formats
- Building and generating reports wif teh help of Report Builder in teh Report manager.
- Generating sub report, drill down, drill through, Parameterized, Cascade parameters, Report Expressions and custom code.
- Migrated data from Oracle source to SQL server tables using SSIS.
- Deployed SSIS packages for various environments.
- Created packages in SSIS wif error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various data transformations like conditional split, fuzzy look up, for each loop, multi cast, column conversion, fuzzy grouping, and script components for de-duplication of data.
- Designed, created and distribute reports in multiple formats such as Excel, CSV using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
- I have created dynamic connection script using C# to dynamically set connection strings and make teh packages more portable.
- Performed Unit Testing and integration testing on teh completion of Development for requirement.
- Involved wif teh client interaction for functional and Technical clarifications and solutions.
- Used DTS Migration Wizard to convert DTS to SSIS packages and develop new SSIS packages.
- Generated server side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Modified existing databases by adding/removing tables their by altering referential integrity, primary key constraints and relationships according to requirements
- Created trace in SQL Profiler and used Data base engine tuning advisor for Performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts.
- Involved in resolving teh Production issues and deployment Process wif DBA's while deploying to different environments.
- Preparing Technical design documents (TDD), Code Review, Promotional and Deployment Process Documents.
- Fixes Production issues and monitoring teh whole job process to deliver committed work.
- Wrote documentation for teh packages and scripts and job created for migrate data.
- Deployed reports to Report Manager and Troubleshooting for any error occur in execution
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008, DTS, SQL Profiler, MS Office, Windows Server 2007.
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
SQL server Developer
- Worked wif business gathering requirements.
- Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Implemented Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data sources using SSIS.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages for loading data from text files, CSV files to SQL Server databases using SSIS.
- Scheduled teh SSIS jobs using SQL server agent for daily, weekly and monthly loads.
- Migrated data between different heterogeneous sources such as Flat file, Excel 2005 using SSIS.
- Worked wif different control flow elements like Data Flow Task, Execute SQL Task, Script Task and Send Mail Task.
- Used different data flow elements like Flat File, OLEDB, Excel Sources and Destinations and Data Flow Transformations like Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Derived Column etc.
- Deployed different SSIS packages on test and production servers.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user environments.
- Created Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes on tables for performance optimization of complex stored procedures.
- Did lot of Performance Tuning by using unblocking Transformations and row transformations for better performance of SSIS packages.
- Handling of Errors and Run-time Errors using VBA.
- Developed Tablix reports, chart reports, line reports, parameterized reports, sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Designed reports using Pivot-tables, bar-charts, Line-charts and Pie-charts on data from cubes and SQL Server in Excel 2007.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint and various delivery mechanisms.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from teh database.
- Deployed SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS).
- Designed and developed packages for data warehouse using Integration Services (SSIS) SQL Server 2008/2008R2.
- Involved in providing ETL support for teh production server.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2008R2 as SSIS Packages.
- Involved in creating SSIS jobs to automate teh reports generation and cube refresh packages.
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting (SSAS).
- Used VBA Code to automatically update teh Excel workbooks and external data Queries.
- Upgraded existing packages developed using SSIS 2005 to SSIS 2008 packages.
- Used SQL Analyzer and Profiler for monitoring teh SQL statements and procedures.
- Created Joins and Sub-Queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, functions, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Scheduled teh SSIS packages to run at different intervals to load teh data into SQL Server.
- Deployed teh created SSIS packages in Development and Testing environments.
- Created Linked Servers to retrieve data from other databases.
- Optimized teh T-SQL query performance wif modifications in TSQL queries, removing unnecessary columns, establishing necessary joins.
- Involved in preparing detailed technical documents and code review and preparing unit test cases.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005, Visual Studio 2010/2005, Integration Services (SSIS 2012/2008), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Office 2007, MS Access, ETL, Performance Point Server 2007, MS Excel.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
MS SQL Server / SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Scheduled teh packages to run automatically for incremental data and deploy them to their destination servers
- Developed tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions, Indexes and Triggers using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Understanding teh OLAP processing for changing and maintaining teh data warehouse, optimizing dimensions, hierarchies and adding aggregations to teh cube.
- Deployed SSIS package into production environment and used package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Developed SQL scripts to insert, update and delete data in MSSQL database tables in OLTP environment.
- Performed data consistency and performance tuning effectively wif SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard.
- Developed Report Models using report builder and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Improved data load performance by analyzing database design and query plans.
- Performed changes in teh schema of teh proposed database as required and informed those changes to teh application development team.
- Created numerous efficient Stored Procedures to perform data cleansing and loading task when data is loaded into staging area.
- Created dashboards using Performance Point Server, combining scorecards and reports generated in SSRS, PPS, and Excel Services.
- Developed Power Pivot Reports in Excel by publishing them to SharePoint for providing ad-hoc reports according to client need.
- Developed Charts and other visualization using Power View and Uploaded reports on to teh report manager and organized them into folders.
- Filter and Sorting Data using Power View in Excel and Developed Power Maps using Excel for Reporting.
- Documented different stages of data transformation, procedures and scripts.
- Optimized teh query performance wif modification in T-SQL queries, removing unnecessary columns, eliminating redundant and inconsistent data, establishing necessary joins, creating useful clustered index and non-clustered indexes.
- Created score cards wif advanced set of dashboards using MS Office Performance Point Server Dashboard Designer dat feature executive summary measures for revenue and profitability trends.
- Involved in Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Automate and enhance daily administrative tasks, including space management, object alteration, backup & recovery and performance monitoring.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Excel, MS Visio, Windows 7.
Confidential, Jackson, MS
SQL Server Developer
- I was involved in database design and defining ETL processes and Created Multi-Dimensional Cubes using SSAS.
- Used SSIS to extract and load data from different sources.
- Conversion of DTS packages in SQL Server 2000 to SSIS packages SQL Server 2005.
- Developed several reports using reporting services.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for teh reports.
- Creating functions and developing procedures for implementing enhancements.
- Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating teh integrity of teh data.
- Created ETL package for data conversion using various transformations tasks.
- Created various scheduled jobs to handle teh data migration from SQL 2000 to 2005 periodically.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- VB.Net and other .NET languages C# used for Script task. Script task is primarily to control teh flow of SSIS package
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) wif proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated periodic reports based on teh statistical analysis of teh data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Drill-down, Parameterized and Sub-Reports using RDL.
- Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server (SSRS).
- Implemented business Intelligence dashboards using MOSS 2007 Report Center and Excel services producing different summary results based on user view and role membership.
- Created scorecards wif executive summary dashboards using MS Office Performance point server 2007 Dashboard designer dat display performance monitoring measures.
- Designed and developed Data-mart using SSAS and Build Cubes on Enterprise Date Warehouse (EDW).
- Analyzed and created Multidimensional Cubes in Facts and Dimension Tables using SSAS.
- Performed DBCC checks and fixing data corruption in Application databases.
- Scheduled Backups and performed Restore operations for system test data.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, MS SQL Analysis Services 2008,MS SQL Reporting Services 2008, MS Access, MS SQL SSIS/SSRS 2008, Windows XP Professional, Relational DBMS, data warehousing, Insurance Systems.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
SQL Server SSIS / SSRS Developer
- Description: Protech develops and delivers software business solutions for member-based organizations, commonly referred as association management software systems (AMS) systems. Teh company was founded in 1984 wif teh passion of helping associations and non-profits structure and manage teh complete membership experience.
- Involved in supporting more TEMPthan 80 Users for various Reporting and Analytics requirements across multiple Business Units and departments.
- Created Databases, Schemas, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Indexes and various other database objects Wrote Efficient Stored Procedures for teh optimal performance of teh system
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating teh integrity of teh data
- Debugging / Troubleshooting Stored Procedures, upgrading existing ones.
- Involved in writing multiple reports incorporating business logic and user requirement.
- Developed Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports
- Created large enterprise reports for various Business functionalities assigning report parameters.
- Good Hand on Resolving complex issues and Error Handling in SSIS.
- Created and scheduled SSIS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to various data sources like Excel Spreadsheets, Flat File etc and vice versa.
- Used various control flow tasks like for Loop, execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, send mail task etc and different data flow tasks.
- Worked on SSIS script task, look up transformations, persistent lookups and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Worked on SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints
- Wrote stored procedures for all teh Database Interfaces, created user defined functions, constructed triggers, tables, views, indexes and user profiles.
- Involved in Installation, configuration and setting of Database servers for various test and development environments including SSRS Installation configuration and administration
- Involved in Security administration, granting permissions, roles and maintain various AD Permissions at database and report levels.
- Interacted wif end users and customers and act as functional analyst /development member wif various cross functional teams
- Well versed in doing remote support for various levels of customers across different geographical locations.
- Worked closely wif teh team in meeting teh deadlines pertaining to design and development deliverables.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, SSRS, SSIS, Excel, Word.
SQL Server Developer
- Interacted wif Team in Analysis, Design and Develop database using ER Diagram, Involved in Design, Development and testing of teh system
- Developed SQL Server Stored Procedures, Tuned SQL Queries( using Indexes)
- Created Views to facilitate easy user interface implementation and Triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into teh database.
- Implemented Exceptional Handling
- Worked on client requirement and wrote Complex SQL Queries to generate Crystal Reports
- Creating and automating teh regular Jobs.
- Tuned and Optimized SQL Queries using Execution Plan and Profiler.
- Security issues related to logins, database users, and application roles and linked servers.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL profiler and Index tuning advisor.
- Administered of all SQL server database objects, logins, users and permissions in each registered server.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues wif Databases/Servers on a real-time basis.
- Wrote scripts for generating Daily Backup Report, verifying completion of all routine backups, log space utilization monitoring etc.
- Generated reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using table control, matrix control for cross tab reports.
- Developed Tabular, Drilldown, Parameterized, Charts, Sub-Reports using SSRS.
- Defined Report Layouts for teh report design as per teh need.
- Rebuilding Indexes and Tables as part of Performance Tuning Exercise
- Involved in performing database Backup and Recovery
- Worked on Documentation using MS word
Environment: Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Import and Export, SQL Profiler.