- Over 6+ years of hands on experience in various domains of IT industry like Communications, Banking and Insurance as SQL and MSBI Developer.
- Expertise in Microsoft Business Intelligence Services like SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services and designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Working knowledge of Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between homogenous and heterogeneous sources using SSIS packages.
- Experience in designing Star, Snowflakes schemas and database modeling using Erwin tool.
- Expert in developing and modifying multidimensional Cubes in SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Hands on experience in Data Migration and Transformation from different file formats like Flat file, MS Excel and Oracle to SQL Server (2012/2008R2/2008/2005).
- Expertise in creating drill down reports, parameterized reports and Ad - Hoc reports using SSRS (2012/2008R2/2008/2005).
- Excellent knowledge in creating custom specific and schedule reports using SSRS (2012/2008R2/2008/2005).
- Working experience with OLTP and OLAP databases in MS SQL Server (2012/2008R2/2008/2005).
- Proficient in the SSAS storage and partitions, aggregations, calculation of queries and developing reports using MDX and T-SQL.
- Expertise in modifying and developing multidimensional cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Working knowledge in Creating tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-Defined Functions, Views, Indexes, User Profiles using Transact SQL.
- Experience in installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server (2008R2/2008/2005).
- Experience in working with Normalisation and Denormalisation databases for reducing redundancies and dependencies.
- Experience in Performance Tuning using SQL Query Analyzer and by applying Tuning Techniques like Rebuilding Indexes and rewriting the queries.
- Strong programming and excellent analytical skills besides competent experience in handling critical situations.
- Good presentation and communication skills and a good team player by providing healthy working environment.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, Oracle 8i,9i, 10g, 11g, MS Access 97/2000, DB2, Teradata
Languages: T-SQL, C#, ASP.NET
Operating Systems: Windows server 2003,windows 95/98/NT/4.0/2000/XP, Windows 7
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SSIS and SQL Developer
- Extensively worked on Data Flow transformations like Foreach Loop Container, Execute process task, Transfer SQL Server Objects task, Transfer Jobs task, Transfer Logins task.
- Worked with SSIS packages involved FTP tasks, Fuzzy Grouping, Merge, and Merge joining, Pivot and Unpivot Control Flow Transformations.
- Used SQL Server Package Configuration technique to make Dynamic configurations.
- Used Text Files/ SQL Server Logging for all SSIS packages.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created On demand (Pull) and Event Based delivery (Push) of reports according to the requirement.
- Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
- Extracted Data from various Heterogeneous Databases such as Oracle and Access database, DB2, flat files to SQL server 2012 using SSIS.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data into data warehouse and data marts.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Worked with various SSIS packages, which involve Transactions, Restartability and roll back techniques.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails when SSIS packages fails or succeeds.
- Created Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Created User Defined Functions to encapsulate frequently and commonly used business logic making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
- Optimizing Stored Procedures and long running SQL queries using indexing strategies and query optimization techniques.
- Schedule the packages to keep extracting the data from OLTP at specific time intervals.
- Responsible for rebuilding the indexes and tables as part of performance tuning.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Used Autosys for scheduling jobs and alerts.
- Configuration and Deployment of all reports across various SDLC environments.
- Deployed the packages to production using XML package configuration.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005, SSRS 2008, SSIS 2008, DB2, Oracle 11g, Visual Studio 2005, XML, XSLT, MS Office and Visual studio, Autosys 11.1
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Responsible for creating SSIS packages to extract data from different sources consolidate and merge into one single source.
- Modified existing SSIS packages to meet current business needs.
- Wrote stored procedures to be used in the SSIS packages.
- Deployed SSIS package involving complex Transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Fuzzy Grouping, Merge, Merge joining, Pivot, Unpivot.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Created various DimensionalHierarchies, KPI’s as part of cube design.
- Created Effective Partitions and used Proactive caching options as part of OLAP cube design.
- Designed aggregations using aggregation wizard.
- Used Processing Options: Process Full, Process update, Process Incremental, Process Data, Process Index.
- Designed STAR, SNOW FLAKE Schemas.
- Worked on database modeling, logical and physical database design using Erwin.
- Part of Relational Data Warehouse Designs and effectively identified and created Facts and Dimensions tables.
- Worked with Managers and Management to design customized Reports to view OLAP cube Data.
- Created custom and Ad hoc reports using SSRS.
- Generated different types of Reports like Tabular, Matrix, and Charts.
- Generated several drill down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Identified and worked with Parametersfor parameterizedreports in SSRS 2008.
- Deployed the generated reports directly on the client’s workstation.
- Helped in the Installation and configuration of MS SQL Server 2008.
- Responsible for developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and User defined functions.
- Made Efficient use of Joins and sub-queries in queries that involve data from multiple tables.
- Used Audit functions to keep track of the changes made to the database.
- Had to modify the current stored procedures to meet the current design.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for report generation.
- Wrote T- SQL queries for data retrieval.
- Took part in the normalization and de-normalization of database.
- Worked with team in developing interfaces using C#, ASP.NET.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005 Analysis Services(SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle 9i/8i, C#, Erwin, ASP.NET, Visual Studio 2005, Windows NT, MS Office, Team Foundation Server.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in transferring old data from various sources like flat files, MS Access, and Excel into MS SQL Server 2008 using SSIS Packages.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, SQL joins and other T-SQL code to implement business rules.
- Created SQL server Reports using crystal reports for the manager and the brokers involved.
- Formatted the report layout for the requirement of the end users and deploy the developed reports on to the server for the end users.
- Tested to optimize the procedures and triggers to be used in production.
- Performed efficient tuning of SQL source queries for data load/ Usage of stored procedures for performance.
- Research onupgrading the SQL Server from 2005 to 2008.
- Researched on database issues (specifically performance issues).
- Worked on Migration of SQL Server 2005 instances to SQL Server 2008.
- Upgraded large number of objects from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Administered tasks such as scheduling, deployment and security.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access, Erwin, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Developer.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Modified existing database by adding tables and relationships
- Created views as per the requirement of front-end developer.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modification in TSQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
- Wrote complex queries and stored procedures.
- Designed and Created databases, tables, views, stored procedures and triggers.
- Created groups, roles, users and assigning access privileges to users.
- Setting up database backup and recovery procedures for production, quality and development servers.
- Monitored and scheduled existing/new jobs on production environment.
- Periodic checking of all databases with DBCC commands for maintaining data consistency and integrity.
- Coordinated with back-end programmers in writing stored procedures, implemented referential integrity by using triggers, performance and tuning.
- Configured replication methods like snapshot, transactional and merge replications.
- Deploying database objects from development/testing environment to production environment.
- Coordinated and performed quality assurance testing for movement of database and objects from development environment to testing and production environments.
- Created logins and users as and when required with specific roles on production server.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, SSIS, SSRS, DB2, Oracle 9i, ASP, ODBC, VBScript, Windows 2000/XP.