- 6+ years of experience in the state - of-the-art mission critical and scalable end-to-end (Full life cycle) Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions with expertise in Tableau BI Products (Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader).
- Involved in effective content sharing and distribution with end users and interaction with the same on Tableau Reader/Desktop and using Tableau server publish and Tableau Online features.
- Used multiple Tableau data sources from excel, CSV, text files and RDBMS (SQL Server) as source systems for workbook generation using Import/Live connection and methodologies.
- Proficient in writing Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and Database Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle.
- Extensive experience in Data Analysis, Migration, Cleansing, Transformation, manipulation, chart creation, visual representation, Import and Export through various ETL tools.
- 3+ years of excellent working experience on Tableau reporting tool.
- Good experience in drill down approach, Filtering, Parameters, Actions and Dashboard development using Tableau Desktop.
- Created different visualizations using Bars, Lines, pie chart, Maps, bubble chart, scatter plots.
- Good Knowledge on Tableau Server on deploying and scheduling Dashboards.
- Excellent knowledge on Data Warehousing Concepts.
- Creating Tableau Dashboards- combining data from multiple data sources.
- Design Dashboards with best practices for optimum performance
- Responsible for developing, analyzing and reporting key risk indicator and key indicator metrics that enable management to make timely and effective decisions related to threats, risks and control requirements.
- Experience in utilizing newer Oracle tools and methods like the use of External Tables, merge statement, Pipelined functions and 10G features.
- Performance Tuning & Query Optimization of SQL statements.
- Comfortable in working with Composite Data Types.
- Experience in Debugging, Testing, and Deploying the Applications.
- Experience in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle which include Analysis, Design, Development and Testing.
- Successfully utilized performance enhancements features of Oracle to optimize the batch processes.
- Excellent logical and analytical skills, enthusiastic, excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Leveraged advanced features of tableau such as calculated fields, parameters, and sets to support data analysis and data mining.
- Good understanding and background in financial services, healthcare, and telecom industry.
- An excellent team player with fast learning curve, strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills to work under time constraints and has capability to work with business users, project managers, team leads, architects and peers, thus maintaining healthy environment in the project.
Databases: Oracle … MS Access, MySQL
Scripting: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, PERL scripting
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML and XML
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS
BI Tools: Tableau desktop, Tableau Server, Qlikview, Business Objects,SSIS, SSRS
Query Tools: TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL*PLUS
Domain: Financial, Banking, Retail, healthcare, and telecom
Other Tools: SQL*Loader, Erwin, MS Visio, MS Project, Informatica
Confidential, Durham NC
- Gathering, Understanding and analyzing the report business requirements with BRD, report Inventory and converting the report business requirements to report technical requirements with FSD and Data mapping document, Design diagram, Solution design diagram and mock ups.
- Owned, responsible and accountable for the business, functional, technical, documentation, design (mock up, wireframe and, proto type), pipelining, base lining, Gap analysis, reverse engineering, development, testing and UAT of the whole project in 3 environments RT (Run Time) Dev\Staging and PROD of all requirements of the 3 layers of the project as a Clarity Analyst (Source level), Tableau Analyst (Project level and Systems) 11 Sources, Composite middle and Tableau Reporting level).
- Liaison between the client business departments and the project management and Technical development teams to share the business report expectations knowledge and needs.
- Prepared the Report Inventory, Report Mapping doc, report business requirement document (BRD) and the report Functional Specifications Document (FSD) for all the 3 tiers source, data and Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the various source systems, middle data composite fields and destination reporting Tableau fields.
- Involved actively in Inception, elaboration Phases and prepared vision statement and initial data models and flows that contained Business Requirement Documents and supporting documents that contain the essential business elements and detailed definitions.
- Act as a Tableau BI end to end life cycle implementer involving in Data Analysis (Tableau Analyst), Dashboards development (Tableau Developer) and Dashboards Administration (Tableau Admin).
- As a Tableau Analyst, using Tableau for Data Analysis, Digging the data for source, systems analysis and deeply diving the data for Predictive findings and for various data Analysis. Also to slice and dice the data, for analyzing the data of patterns, trends and fashions of various KPIs, Measures using various graphs, charts, indicators, and gauges.
- Understanding the tool capabilities of CA Clarity PPM tool and Composite data virtualization tool.
- Majorly focused on Tableau BI tool and to bring the new requirements from Clarity system and then to end tableau dashboards and closely worked with the clarity development team and Composite team acted like an end - to -end Tableau Implementer (Tableau Analyst, Tableau Developer and Tableau Admin) throughout the project.
- Worked with clients to better understand their reporting and dash boarding needs and present solutions using structured Waterfall and Agile project methodology approach.
- Act as Tableau Developer (for designing and developing, proto typing the various dashboards using tableau desktop. Also involved extensively for building the dashboards such as creating Tableau Extracts, Refreshing extracts, Tableau Layout designing, Tableau Work Sheet Actions, Tableau Functions, Tableau Connectors (Live and Extract), Dashboard color coding, formatting and report operations (sorting, filtering (Quick Filters, Cascading filters, context Filters), ranking, Top-N Analysis, hierarchies)
- Interacted closely with the Business users along with the administration and management to gather the report business requirements, report types and report formats.
- Involved with business to sign off the report requirements and freeze out the report requirements and phases to facilitate the project to move in a right direction.
- Closely worked with the Program manager, Project manager, business teams, and technical folks collaborate with regular reviews.
- Met with business client groups to determine report requirements and goals. Utilized agile methodology to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create report business requirement Document and Report Inventory.
- Worked closely with the other CA Clarity PPM production team for the clarity system impact analysis and gap analysis for the new clarity requirement, clarity and existing data models by pulling the data to Tableau Presentation layer to make the data visual for the data analysis
Environment: SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, MS Office … Power pivot, T-SQL, Tableau Desktop
Confidential, Charlotte NC
- Gathering the report requirements from various stakeholders, cross functional departments, business users and documenting them in the reports specifications document and report inventory.
- Involved in translating the business questions and business requirements to actual and final dashboard technical requirements.
- Understanding and translation of the current existing reporting system SSRS reports to convert them as Tableau reports and dashboards
- Installation and configuration of Tableau Products Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server in different environments DEV, STAGE and PROD.
- Experience using the Tableau tool to handle the various data feeds from different data sources using the Tableau Desktop tool.
- Building the customized and interactive dashboards using multiple data sources.
- Good Experience in working on Tableau data analysis as Tableau Analyst and building, developing the Tableau development dashboards as a Tableau Developer and Publishing the developed Tableau dashboards to Tableau server with security and authentication as a Tableau Administrator.
- Acts as a Tableau Analyst, for performing various report\dashboard activities such as grouping, sorting, filtering, ranking and ordering the data and using Tableau reports for various analysis Top - N Analysis, Comparative Analysis, Systems\Sources GAP Analysis, Trend Analysis (Data vs Time).
- Using the Tableau for the data\business predictive findings, for trending, for finding the pattern of data over the period of time.
- Involved in creating the report-mapping document, reports specs doc and interacting the cross-functional departments and stakeholders for gathering report\dashboards requirements.
- Involved in creating the report mock ups, proto types for the end dashboards and interacting with stakeholders for report change request and sign -off on the requirements.
- Acts as a Tableau Developer, experience in extracting, transforming, analyzing, visualizing, and presenting data from diverse business areas in novel and insightful ways to enable business executives to take informed action.
- Using the Tableau desktop for the dashboard development activities such as creating the calculations, calculated fields, hierarchies, filters, Actions, Defining the various indicators, gauges for the various KPIs and Measures with various charts and Graphs.
- Implemented the various Tableau functions, Tableau extracts, parameters, conditional formatting, color-coding to the dashboards and reports in Tableau Desktop.
Environment: Tableau Desktop, Tableau server, Sql Server, Oracle, Windows 8
System Support Engineer
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures, packages, triggers in Oracle 10g as required. Involved in creation of databases, moved databases by recreating control files, export/import, and complete backups. Created and maintained Oracle schema objects like Table spaces, Tables, Rollback segments, Indexes, Sequences and Synonyms.
- Design Logical and Physical data, define relationships, and implement business rules as constraints for normalization / demoralization of entities.
- Developed custom forms using standard AOL components like template forms and libraries. Used descriptive flex fields extensively to capture additional information in standard as well as customized forms.
- Wrote SQL*Loader scripts to migrate the data from the text files, Spreadsheet etc. and populated the intermediate tables.
- Developed and implemented concurrent process to load item details from external sources into inventory item tables and also created forms to view interface errors with details and correct the data in the interface table.
- Performance tuned the PL/SQL stored procedures in Oracle 10g.
- Oracle PL/SQL, Java (JDBC) coding/unit testing.
- Design/Develop various technical components such as Discoverer EUL, Workbooks, Oracle reports, PLSQL and SQL Reports, workflows, etc. as well as participate in the maintenance of existing reports.
- Used Qwest tools (Toad 8.0, SQL Navigator) for database monitoring and tuning.
- Designed and developed forms and reports for easy data updating that increased data entry efficiency over the existing system.
- Generated XML files for data transfer. Used XML parser to parse the data.
- Interacted with users regarding the proposed solution and design for customization and the migration strategy.
Environment: SQL Server, T-SQL Windows Enterprise Server, Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle 10g, SQL ServerBusinessIntelligence Studio, SQL Server Profiler, XML, Microsoft Visio 2003, SFTP