- 8 years of professional experience in Microsoft SQL SERVER Database Administration; Designing and Implementing solutions on SQL 2012, 2008R2, 2008, 2005and reportdevelopment SSIS and SSRS ; Databases ranging from GB’s to TB’s in size forFinancial, Healthcare, Retail, freight and Manufacturing Industries.
- Solid expertise in Database Design, Administration, Implementation and Application Development.
- Experience in Migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 2008 (side by side), as well as DTS exchange tool for migrating DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/2012/2014 forboth OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & Data warehousing Systems (SSRS,SSIS, SSAS).
- Deep understanding and solid skills in MySQL Shading, and Master - Master / Master-Slave Replication. Extensive knowledge using PowerShell for different tasks.
- Provided 24/7 support in monitoring, troubleshooting, optimization and tuning of SQL Server environments and Good hands on performance and tuning issues and developing and implementing emergency fixes, resolving database problems.
- Extensive experience in high availability SQL Server Solutions that includes Mirroring and Clustering.
- Expertise in using various SQL Server Tools like Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, Query Analyzer, Profiler, SQL Server Agent, DTS, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- Monitored and tuned SQL Server performance using System Monitor, SQL Profiler, Query Execution Plans and checking teh consistency of database using DBCC Utilities.
- Experience in database programming in writing Stored procedures, User Defined Data Types, Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, CTEs and Batch Scripts using T-SQL/PL-SQL.
- Experience in Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, Sub-queries, Co-related sub queries, Complex joins.
- Excellent knowledge of performance tuning in tuning stored procedures, Queries using tools like SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plans, DMV’s and Efficient coding standards.
- Experienced in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, ConditionalSplit, Bulk Insert, merge and union all etc...
- Strong knowledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages using transactions, check points (package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures.
Platforms: Windows XP/2003 server/2008 server/ 2008 R2/2012/2012R Server and Windows7
Databases: SERVER 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, MS-Access
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, VB.Net, VB 6.0, C, VBScript
Web Technologies: ASP, HTML, DHTML, XML, Java Script
Security Tools: MS Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA), NGSSQuirrel for SQL Server, Scuba by Imperia
Tools: SQL Server Management studio (SSMS) / Enterprise Manager, SQL Navigator, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Enterprise Manager, Visual Studio 2005/2008, Foglight, VERITAS, Quest Litespeed, Excel Macro 2007/2003, Erwin, Toad
Confidential ., Morrisville, NC
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database diagram using Erwin on business requirements and provided documentations.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports wif drill down, drill through and drop down menu and used gauge reports wif KPI’s in SSRS.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and Scheduled Jobs to call teh packages and Stored Procedures.
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat files, CSV files into SQL Server 2005.
- Worked wif Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Worked on SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries wif MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from teh database.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues by monitoring and tuning to ensuredatabase optimization.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Created/Updated database objects like tables, views, stored procedures,function, packages.
- Created VB.Net Script for Data Flow and Error Handlingusing Script component in SSIS.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into teh database.
- Designed and build teh OLAP cubes using Star schema and Snow Flake Schema using native OLAP Service Manager.
- Performed maintenance duties like performance tuning and optimization of queries, functions and stored procedures.
- Rigorously tested and debugged teh Stored Procedures and used Triggers to test teh validity ofthe data after teh insert, update or delete.
- Created various SSIS packages using data transformations like Merge, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, and SCD (Slowly Changing Dimension) and Derived column, transformation of XML based on XSD File.
- Involved wif designing teh ETL process, including data read/write, data transformations, error handling, process design, logging and Development.
- Generated Drill down, Drill through, Adhoc, Matrix Reports, parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Designed and developed monthly, quarterly and yearly reports at product and client level.
- Involved in table and indexpartitioning for performance and manageability.
- Monitored teh overall performance of teh database to recommend and initiate actions to improve/optimize Performance.
- Helped create process logging and new monitoringtools, integrity reports, and mapping tools
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, ETL, Windows server 2003, Visual Source Safe, SQL Profiler, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Intercept Enterprise Edition,TFS, Erwin.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Defined, planned and lead teh Development tasks.
- Tracked and reported status, risks and issues to teh business.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel and Flat files.
- Implemented SSISpackages for data export/import and created maintenance procedures and deployed them to teh server.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing teh ETL operations.
- Built Control flows and data flows for incremental data loads.
- Involved in automation of Jobs that perform Incremental load on a timely basis using lookup’s and data is delivered in teh form of flat files to certain storage points.
- Involved in SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML (Extensible Markup Language) Files, SQL Server, Excel and Access to SQL Server.
- Created Parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports by using SSRS and designed reports using Crystal Reports.
- Used Configuration files for changing variables easily.
- Worked wif SSIS package event handlers, property expressions.
- Designed teh production roll-out strategy and migration of assets from environment to environment.
- BI reporting using Excel wif Power Pivot.
- Implemented data integrity procedures and logics.
- Performed and managed SSAS cubes to handle parameterized queries in various SQL Database Reporting tools.
- Assessed requirement and defined teh strategy, technical architecture, implemented plans and delivery of a data warehouse.
- Created and implemented MDX scripts to handle complex designs.
- Made teh SSIS code changes depending on teh business requirement, deployed teh changes SSIS packages and propagated them into different environments.
- Worked on encryption of teh file set using PGP and GPG.
- Expertise wif Agile&waterfall methodology
Environment:SQLServer2012, 2008/2005, WindowsServer2003/2008, Peer-Peer Transactional Replication, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSIS, SSRS, .NET, Microsoft Exchange Server,SQLDiagnostic Manager, MS Visio 2003.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
SQL Server/SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Using teh Execute DTS 2005 package task to execute DTS packages.
- Creating Data Transformation tasks like BCP, BULK INSERT to import/export data from clients.
- Using SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Hands on experience in using different transformations like fuzzy lookup, derived column transformation etc., using SSIS.
- Designing a new schema for teh Data Mart databases.
- Involving in Creating Stored Procedures for Reports generation.
- Migrating DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Creating complex reports using Report Designer in SSRS.
- Creating ad hoc reports on relational and multidimensional data using model data sources in SSRS.
- Creating SSIS packages in Business Development Studio 2005.
- Development, improvement, customization and deployment of SSRS reports in Business Development Studio.
- Implemented SSAS Cubes, Facts and Dimension tables to perform analysis.
- Created MDX queries to extract data from teh Data Mart.
- Writing T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages.
- Handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain teh history of teh data.
- Creating aggregations, partitions, KPI's and perspectives for a cube as per business requirements.
- Calculating measures and dimension members using MDX, mathematical formulas and user defined functions.
- Using SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing teh events which occurred during a particular time horizon and stored in script.
Environment:SQLServer2000,SQLServer2005/2008, Windows 2003Server, MS Access, ASP, Java Script, MS Reporting Services, HTML, Cluster.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Migrated Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2 in Production and test Environments.
- Involved in Data modeling, designing, and building relational databases.
- Monitored Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance teh performance of database servers.
- Backup and recovery of production databases and tuning them for better performance.
- Experience in Installing and configuring SQL Server Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters
- Configured Transactional replication between primary servers and read only server, wif separate Distributor server and experience in troubleshooting replication problems.
- Fixed several SQL Query performance issues by examining execution plans, tuning indexes, creating plan guides, adding hint words.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Autantication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Troubleshoot Blocking and Deadlocking issues by making appropriate changes to Transaction Isolation levels and teh types of locks being held; avoiding keeping transactions open for long durations, breaking large transactions to smaller ones.
- 24 X 7 Production Database On Call Support.
- Involved in Data Center Migration and Consolidation Project
- Designed and populated reporting tables, views and stored procedures.
- SQL Query Performance Tuning, system Performance Analysis, analyzing teh Query Execution Plans, Used SQL Profiler for optimizing teh store procedure.
- Work wif responsible applications personnel; coordinate testing of new release sand upgrades from applications perspective.
- Created ETL packages wif different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and tan loaded teh data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Developed SSIS packages to export data from OLTP database to OLAP database.
- Involved in maintenance and configuration of Database Servers to connect wif SAN Storage Environment.
- Worked in implementing yearly password changes on teh production in updating passwords for SQL Services, replication, Reporting services database connection strings
- Helping Development Team in deploying and testing teh application, which uses SQL Server as a database.
Environment:SQL Server 2012, 2008/2008R2, Visual Basic, .net, Windows 2008 data Centre/advance server, SQL Server integrated services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Internet Information Server 6, HTML, .Net Framework 2.0, VB.Net.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
SQL Server DBA
- Planned, Configured, Installed and Maintained for SQL Server in Clustered(Multi-Node) and Non-Clustered environments
- Configured and Monitored Database Mirroring for one of teh Business Development scenario
- Involved in Configuration, Administration, Implementation using Log Shipping and Replication
- Configured Merge and Transaction Replication from Production to Development Server for Multiple subscribers wif Updatable Subscriptions
- Involved in development of SSIS packages for ETL applications
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of Reports using SSRS wif Scale-Out topology
- Involved in Designing for Logical Databases for SQL Server2005 and SQL Server2008
- Involved in Upgradation of Servers from SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server2008
- Involved in Migration of Databases from SQL Server2000 to SQL Server2005 and SQL Server2008
- Created automated T-SQL scripts to process summary database transactions that run off-hours
- Used Rebuild Indexes to reduce fragmentation and enhance teh performance
- Involved in maintenance and configuration of Database Servers to connect wif SAN Storage Environment
- Controlled and coordinated teh installations(Security Patches, Service Packs)
- Regular Database Maintenance process, Checking teh disk, Defrag procedures in Development environments
- Used SQL Profiler for Performance Monitoring to resolve Dead Locks and Long running queries by checking appropriate changes
- Performed Database Refresh tasks from production to Development servers
- Involved in resolving performance issues of Indexes
- Used Fog Light for monitoring Databases
- Designed Users and Logins as per SOX Standards
- Work involvement in performance monitoring of Memory, Processor, DiskI/O and fine tuning.
- Involved in writing Stored Procedures and Functions to handle database automation tasks.
- Performed Backup/Restore by using VERITAS Net Backup.
- Created and scheduled back up using Maintenance Plan wizard.
- Extensively used Database Tuning Advisor to improve teh performance of Query.