- Highly motivated Professional with extensive IT experience as Microsoft SQL Server Developer in diverse Sectors and Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 with OLTP/OLAP and Business Intelligence delivery using SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Implemented agile project methodology and involved in estimations for each sprint, and provided status in scrum meetings.
- Designed conceptual logical and physical model using Erwin.
- Experience in Designing, Building the Dimensions, cubes with star and snow flake schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for analyzing purpose.
- Extensive Experience in Creating Tables, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures, and User Defined Functions for data consistency and data manipulation.
- Experience in optimizing the queries by creating various clustered, non - clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Experience in creating traces using SQL profiler to find long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning operations.
- Experience in migrating packages from DTS to SSIS 2008R2/2005 and SSIS 2008R2/2005 to SSIS 2012.
- Expert in data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), creating Dynamic packages for Incremental Loads.
- Expert in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLEDB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Lookup, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server by using package configurations.
- MS Office skills including the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets. Knowledge of spreadsheet functionality including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts and graphing.
- Experience in developing of Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in a data analyst, data mining, and/or statistical analysis role; demonstrating an ability to integrate and analyze data from a variety of data resources.
- Ability to perform analysis (as needed) to identify availability of data as well as gaps in data and deliver recommendations / considerations based on those findings.
- Ability to perform data analysis to identify relevant trends and/or data quality issues and execute follow up analysis and formulate recommendations as needed.
- Good at understanding and developing large normalized databases, operational data stores, data marts, and enterprise data warehouses
- Designed and deployedreportswith Drill Down, Drill Through, Parameterized, Sub-reports, matrix reportsand Linkedreports.
- Involved in some administration tasks including Performance Tuning, back-up/recovery, preventing deadlocks, Disaster recovery models on a needed basis.
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and interpersonal skills. Strong inclination for finishing job before project deadline. Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012,MS Access
Languages: SQL, T-SQL,C, C++, C#, VB.Net
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Tools: Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server data tools(SSDT)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Micro Strategy Qlikview, Tableau, MS Reporting Tools: Power View, PowerPivot, PerformancePoint, Microsoft Dynamics AX
Operating Systems: Win Server NT 4.0, 2000, 2003 server, Win 8,7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2005
Confidential, Fort Gibson, OK
Sr SQL Server BI Developer
- Involve in complete SDLC requirement specifications, analysis, design, development and testing the user stories.
- Designed conceptual logical and physical model using Erwin.
- Created complex T-SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Indexes, Functions and Views to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Created appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Created traces using SQL server profiler to find long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning operations.
- Responsible for ETL Operation which extracts and transforms the data to Data Warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Loading data from various sources like OLEDB, flat files to SQL Server database Using SSIS Packages and created data mappings to load the data from source to destination.
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute SQL Task, Execute Package Task and conditional split, Script Component, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Developed Dynamic packages using SSIS and Implemented Incremental Data Loading.
- Created and scheduled jobs for Drip Campaign, feedback from patients and for waiting list of patients using SQL mail task to send the alerts.
- Created a custom error handling process for SSIS packages and also created a process to monitor scheduled jobs on a periodic basis.
- Handled errors using Exception Handling extensively for the ease of debugging and displaying the error messages in the application.
- Provided test data scenario for data quality and maintenance.
- Created statistical reports, internal reports, and parameterized reports as per the requirement.
- Automated the execution of SSRS reports using Subscriptions and Data-Driven Subscriptions.
- Involved in some DBA activities like Performance Tuning, Backup the data, recovery models and Disaster recovery scenarios.
- Ensure proper source control (Git), documentation (Confluence), testing and quality assurance processes are established, implemented, and followed to maintain high data integrity.
- Investigate issues/bugs in reporting processes and output, identify root causes, and implement robust fixes.
- Attended the daily scrum meetings to update the status.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008R2 Enterprise edition, SISS, SSRS, BIDS, Erwin, Visual Studio 2012, ASP.Net 4.5, MS SharePoint 2010/2013, Windows PowerShell C#, GIT HUB
Confidential, Waynesboro, VA
Sr SQL Server BI Developer
- Interview customers, capture and document requirements, analyze and validate data needs, design and develop the end reporting solution, manage the implementation, test and train users.
- Actively involved in creation of database, modified tables, triggers, procedures to clean and validate the data about the cable layout, so as to meet the company specifications.
- Created clustered indexes on certain tables which have data frequently in use and important from records point of view.
- Wrote and executed certain triggers to ensure that any update or delete operation gets correctly reflected in backend.
- Develop the audit process to evaluate the source systems for data integrity and availability.
- Wrote backend T-SQL Programming to handle the business validations. As a part of back end programming extensively used stored procedures, Functions, Triggers.
- Created and scheduled SSIS packages to load the data coming from multiple store sites to the centralized database.
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Work around with production services team to promote the ETL objects across the different environments and create the workflow job plans.
- Worked extensively with SSIS transformations such as lookup, derived column, data conversion, aggregate, conditional split, SQL task, script task and send mail task.
- Created Drill-down, Drill-through, Parameterized, dash board, calendar and Sub-Reports using SSRS.
- Monitored SQL and fine-tuned the queries on a case by case basis.
- Provide the test scenarios and test scripts for data quality assurance and maintenances.
- Develop the data source files for easily deployment of ETL objects across different environments.
- Review and implement performance strategies on ETL solutions to run with in the expected time intervals.
- Write queries and stored procedures in SQL, export data into excel or csv files, review them for quality and data integrity, and send them to internal clients and external agencies.
- Attend the daily scrums to present the status and highlight if any road blocks.
- Conduct SQL code walk-thru of systems solutions to ensure design quality and consistency, as well as cross-reference to the business requirements.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008R2 Enterprise edition, ASP.Net 3.5, SISS, SSRS, BIDS, visual C#, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Erwin and MS Excel 2007, Windows Power Shell C#.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
MS SQL Server / SSIS / SSRS Developer
- Work with the business owner directly to participate in requirements gathering sessions, design, code and implement solutions that best fit the financial applications.
- Wrote complex T-SQL batches with Common Table Expressions (CTE’s) for recursive operations.
- Exceptional communication skills in requirement gathering and design strategies for database management system.
- Created SSIS to load data from multiple POS system to single Data Warehouse.
- Created Database Objects - Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures and User defined functions according to the requirements of the project.
- Creating complex store procedures in T-SQL for complex calculation related to lender, borrower and finance users in multiple POS (Point of Sale) systems.
- Improved Performance of the database by creating Clustered and non clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Performance tuning and rewrite long running store procedures having cursors by using table types, table variables, temp tables and virtual tables like inserted.
- Optimize existing SSIS packages with options like delay validations, buffer sizes, parallel processing and maximum concurrent executions etc.
- Designed and Developed SSIS Packages using various Control Flow and Data Flow items to Transform and load the Data from various Databases and into Siemens Servers using SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS).
- Involved in maintaining the Error-Logging for the SSIS packages.
- Involved in creating documentation and environment for QA and deployed SSIS packages for testing.
- Supporting ETL (Extract Transform and Load) for fetching data from multiple POS system to single Data Warehouse.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Used ETL to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Involved in Creating, Charts, Drill Through, Sub reports and Report Models Drill down Reports through SSRS.
- Created scheduled jobs for daily process to migrate data from other servers.
- Generated the weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports by using SSRS.
- Supporting existing Data Warehouse for daily issues.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 Enterprise edition, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, visual C#, SAP ERP and TFS.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
MS SQL Server / SSIS / SSRS Developer
- Perform all SDLC phases related to extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes using SSIS and stored procedures within SQL Server 2008 environment.
- Developed various objects such as Functions, Tables, Views, Triggers, Indexes and Constraints.
- Created Dynamic and Static Stored Procedures and Queries to develop Decision Engine.
- Developed User Defined Functions for giving Scores and views for the application.
- Reviewed and fine-tuned stored procedures and triggers before production migration.
- Optimized queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Created Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes for Query Optimization and also involved in Database Tuning.
- Used SQL Profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues in T-SQL code and stored procedures.
- Involved in DBA activities such as backups, restores, replication etc. Performs database tuning and troubleshooting. Install and troubleshoot replication, performs production migrations, backups, and database recovery.
- Performed Full load & Incremental load with several Dataflow tasks and Control Flow Tasks using SSIS.
- Configured Connection Manager files for SSIS packages to dynamically execute on Quality Analysis server and Production server.
- Maintained Batch logging, Error logging tables and handled errors using Event handlers.
- Create SSIS package to export and import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and Excel files and configured database mail agent for sending automatic mails.
- Involved in generating Parameterized, Drill-through, and Drill-down Reports to get monthly customers account details and profits using SSRS.
- Involved in deploying, configuring and managing reports using Report Manager and Report Builder.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, T-SQL, MS Excel, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created and modified procedures, triggers and functions.
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and user training.
- Involved in Physical / Logical design of database, creating and managing the database and all the database objects.
- Used SQL profiler to monitor the performance, Debug Transact-SQLstatements and stored procedures in existing application, to identify slow running query etc.
- Modified store procedure for performance tuning.
- Transformed data from text file toSQLserver using OLE Automation Objects.
- Deployed database objects from development/testing environment to production environment.
- Created SSIS package to export and import data fromSQLServer to text files and data files.
- Worked with ApplicationDevelopersto support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
- Monitored and scheduled existing/new jobs on production environment.
- Created all administration tasks ofSQLServer.
- Used system stored procedures and DBCC commands.
- Keep trace of version of store procedure in Visual SourceSafe.
- Responsible for keeping system and databases up-to-date by making necessary changes.
Environment: MSSQLServer 2008/2005, MSSQLServer Integration Services, TSQL, BIDS.