- Overall 8 years of extensive IT professional experience with expertise in Design, Analysis, Development using Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014 and SQL server BI suite of products SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS in various domains like Finance, Health Care and Insurance as SQL Developer and MSBI Developer.
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Involved in all teh phases of software development life cycle SDLC process (Design, Development and Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and Functional Testing).
- Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, cursors
- Experienced in ETL - Extract Transform and Load experience using DTS & SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) in SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- Proficient experience in working on conceptual, physical and logical data modeling tools(3NF) using various Data Modeling tools like Erwin, MS Visio.
- Written stored procedures for Automatic Scripting to backup transaction logs, log files, maintain archive of objects and so on.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Creating SSIS Packages and involved in Package configurations and deployments between Development and Production servers.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and MSExcel spreadsheets and Power Pivot .
- Strong experience in creating various reports like Drill through, Drill down and Ad-hoc according to teh user requirement using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes, Dimensions and data source views SSAS-Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Expert in Database Normalization, Optimization and Tuning, Backup/Restore, Data Import/Export, Trouble shooting, and Database Objects authorization.
- Extensively experienced in database activities like Maintenance and Performance Monitoring and Tuning using tools such as Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, Troubleshooting and Replication.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for OLAP.
- Well versed in Forward and Reverse Engineering principals.
- Coherent with Normalization/Denormalization techniques in relational/dimensional environments and have performed normalizations up to 3NF (Third Normal Form).
- Articulate with Data Conversion, Data Quality, Data Profiling, Performance Tuning and System Testing and implementing RDBMS features.
- Efficient in Dimensional Data Modeling for Data Mart design, identifying Facts and Dimensions and strong understanding of principals of data warehousing, fact tables, dimension tables, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) Type me and Type II.
Databases Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (2012/2008/2005/2000), Microsoft Access 2013, MS Excel, Microsoft-Access, Excel
Database: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/2005/2000, MS Access
Programming: T-SQL, PL-SQL, C
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSL
Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2003R2, 2003, 2000 Advanced Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP, ERWIN 7/8, TOAD.
SR. SQL/ BI Developer
- Optimized teh performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Experience in Creating and Updating Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes to keep up teh SQL Server Performance
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases
- Using transformations like Derived Column, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Row Count, Lookup, sort and Data Conversion to load data into Data Warehouse.
- Developed normalized Logical and Physical database models to design OLTP system.
- Identified teh Entities and relationships between teh Entities to develop a logical model and later translated teh model into physical model.
- Created Source to Target mappings and Transformations. Mapped data between Source and Targets.
- Created dimensional model for teh reporting system by identifying required dimensions and facts using ERWIN.
- Enforced Referential Integrity (R.me) for consistent relationship between parent and child tables.
- Extracted large volumes of data feed from different data sources, performed transformations and loaded teh data into various Targets.
- Created and deployed new SSIS packages to extract data from legacy to SQL Server Objects. Implemented BCP for bulk inserts.
- Transferred data from various data sources systems including MS Excel, MS Access, flat files to SQL Server using SSIS. Created SSIS packages and scheduled teh jobs to run automatically.
- Table renaming, splitting or merging columns and changing teh data type or size of teh column
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Data migration (Import & Export - BCP) from text to SQL Server.
- Created complex stored procedures with parameters and generated multi parameterized SSRS reports from them, where teh user has a choice to select teh parameters.
- Created reports such as Parameterized, Cascading, Drill through/Drill down Reports, Charts and specialized inproducing Sub Reports using Relational data warehouse and OLAP Cubes.
- Created daily, weekly, monthly reports for various categories and Hierarchies based on business needs.
- Converted existing excels based reports and crystal reports to SSRS reports.
- Deployedanduploaded teh SSRS reportstoReport Managerfor teh end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Improved existing reports performance by using execution log2 and optimized teh underlying procedure and queries.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005, Visual Studio2012/2010, Windows 7, SSIS, SSRS, Report Builder 3.0, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Agent, MS Excel, Power Pivot .
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
MS BI Developer/ Data Modeler
- Involved in supporting more TEMPthan 80 Users for various Reporting and Analytics requirements across multiple Business Units and departments.
- Identified teh data sources and created new datasets to design teh queries in SSRS for teh report generation.
- Identified teh dimension, fact tables and designed teh data warehouse using star schema.
- Designed logical and physical data model based on teh requirements for property predictive Modeling (PPM) project and Claim Path Business Intelligence Predictive Modeling initiative (Claim PMBI).
- Worked on various models new and already existing for various business units- CCI, CLM, EBA,
- Designed new logical and physical models for external data sources like Accu weather, ISO, CPI matrices, BLS, etc., as part of teh PPM project.
- Generated various reports like pinned reports and metadata reports for business units using teh report designer and pinned reports or teh ODBC tool in Erwin9
- Performed Erwin upgrade for models in 7 and ER1 to Erwin 8.5.
- Developed reports like Claim Statements, Fee Bills Transactions and some end user request reports on periodic basis
- Debugging / Troubleshooting Stored Procedures, upgrading existing ones.
- Identified and tracked teh slowly changing dimensions and determined teh hierarchies in dimensions.
- Maintained Referential Integrity by adding foreign keys and normalizing teh existing data structure.
- Involved in designing sub reports and linked reports depending on teh user requirement and in order to limit teh number of Data Sources.
- Designed and deployed various complex reports such as Pie Chart reports, Sub Reports, Drill down reports using MS Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server 2012 and Flat files.
- Created complex SSIS packages making use of various tasks, Send mail tasks, Data transformation task, Execute SQL Task for stored procedures and T-SQL commands.
- Created For each loop to iterate through a number of customers having multiple text files to be loaded to teh database.
- Created and scheduled SSIS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to various data sources like Excel Spreadsheets, Flat File etc and vice versa.
- Used various control flow tasks like For Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, send mail task etc and different data flow tasks.
- Worked on SSIS script task, look up transformations, persistent lookups and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Worked on SSIS performance tuning using counters, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008,Erwin7.x,8.x,, SSRS, SSIS, Excel, Word.
MS SQL Server / SSIS/SSAS/SSRS Developer
- Involved in Creating New SSIS Packages (loading data from Oracle to Sql server data ware house tables) based on teh existed DTS Packages functionality.
- Experienced in creating Configuration files for teh packages in order to store or change teh server credentials while moving to another server location.
- Used parent package variable configuration type under package configuration to pass teh variable value to teh child packages under teh master package instead of passing them separately.
- Experience in working on Cube structure optimization for MDX query performance in Analysis Services 2012/2008(SSAS).
- Had to write c# code by using script transformation under teh data flow task while converting teh DTS Package which had a VB Script under teh data flow properties.
- Created new store procedures to teh store teh logic of inserting and updating data into dimension tables and fact tables.
- Deployed multiple packages to integration services server by using Deployment utility method.
- Scheduled teh jobs to run teh packages on daily, weekly manner by using sql server agent.
- Used different types of tasks (Data flow task, Execute sql task, Execute package task) to make teh package work efficient based on teh business requirement and existed DTS Package.
- Created Parameterized reports, Cascading parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports in SSRS.
Environment: SQL Server 2008(Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Crystal Reports 8.0, XML, ASP.Net, VB Script.
Confidential, Webster, NY
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Involved in analysis of Report design requirements and actively participated and interacted with Project Lead, Technical Manager and Lead Business Analyst to understand teh Business requirements.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder..
- Worked on OLAP Data warehouse, Model, Design, and Implementation.
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per teh requirement.
- Created complex reports which involve more number of groupings and multi-value parameters.
- Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP and OLTP cube, Data mining and Architecture.
- Created multiple reports with drop down menu option having complex groupings within teh report.
- Designed, Build teh Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports.
- Developed reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures.
- Rendering teh reports to PDF formats as per teh requirement and printing all teh reports in a batch process for Monthly Statements.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Source Safe, MS Excel, Performance Point Server 2007.
SQL Server Developer
- Developed SQL Server Stored Procedures, Tuned SQL Queries (using Indexes)
- Created Views to facilitate easy user interface implementation and Triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into teh database.
- Worked on client requirement and wrote Complex SQL Queries to generate Crystal Reports.
- Tuned and Optimized SQL Queries using Execution Plan and SQL Profiler.
- Rebuilding Indexes and Tables as part of Performance Tuning Exercise
- Worked on Documentation using MS word
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted teh results into reports and kept logs
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- Wrote Transact SQL utilities to generate table insert and update statements
- Developed and optimized database structures, stored procedures, DDL triggers and user-defined functions.
- Implemented new T-SQL features added in SQL Server 2005 that are Error handling through TRY-CATCH statement, Common Table Expression (CTE)
Environment: Windows 2000 Server, SQL Server 2000, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Import and Export, SQL Profiler.