- Over 12 years of experience in Relational and Multi - Dimensional databases, System & Data Integration, Data Warehouse, Reporting, Data Analytics, Data Migration and Data Management
- Extensive experience in managing a team of developers in onsite/offshore model, Believe in team work. Have delivered as a team member, team lead and as independent consultant
- Experienced in database development, modeling, testing, deployment and Business Intelligence Solutions in Finance, Healthcare, Investment Banking, Retail and Insurance industries
- Expertise in Microsoft BI Suite, 10+ years of ETL(SSIS), 8+ years Report development(SSRS),10+ years of Database development and Analysis, 2 years of Power-BI, 5 Years of Analysis services(SSAS) experience
- Work with business stakeholders, application developers, production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options
- Participated extensively in area of Database Administration including installation, upgradation and migration, backup, restore, isolation levels and business analysis methodology like Agile, Scrum and JAD
Development: T-SQL, XML, PL-SQL, Unix, Python, DAX, MDX, C#
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 / 2008/2005/2000, MS Access, Oracle, Sybase
Reporting Tools: MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, Crystal Reports, Qlikview, Power BI
Other Tools: BMC Remedy Action Request System 7.1, Tortoise SVN, Robocopy, Visual Studio 2008 2010, 2015, CVS, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer, JIRA, CONTROL-M, Actimize, SQL*LOADER, RCM, AIS, Erwin, MS Visio
Tools: MS SQL Analysis Services (SSAS), MS SQL Integration services (SSIS) Business/Data Analysis, Datawarehouse, Data quality and standards, Agile Methodology, Data modeling
SR Power BI developer
- Gathered and documented business requirements for analysis report. Participated in requirement meetings and data mapping session to understand the business need
- Developed powerBI reports in desktop which include multiple visuals, data models, and slicer
- Included custom visuals, parameters and filters based on business requirements using powerBI desktop.
- Calculated ratio and expenses on powerBI reports using DAX function and SQL
- Wrote complex SQL Queries using CTE, store procedure, temporary tables to support powerBI and SSRS reports
- Embedded PowerBI reports to portal. Managed and secured data and report for individual users by implementing RLS and Roles
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Lead BI Developer
- Priorities and estimate development and deliverables to Project manager
- Created Relational Data model for PAM database to manage and organize data from different platform like AD, UNIX, Oracle, UDB, Mainframe, RACF and Top-secret
- Develop and publish Different types of SSRS reports for Business engagements team, remediation team
- Code review of SQL server database objects like Store procedures, Functions, views and adhoc excel reports
- Created BI report requirements document to capture Business and functional requirements including system details, design and data model
- Assisted in designing and development of complex ETL (SSIS) Pipeline structures for transformation of data sources into database
- Implemented procedures for validation, reconciliation of metadata and error handling in ETL processes using SSIS
- Developed Power BI Desktop Dashboard, Reports. Power BI Data Models and reports using Visualizations
- Created stored procedures and performed index analysis for slow performing SSRS reports to bring down the report rendering time to 70%
- Publishing scorecard and dashboard for GRID team reports
- Designed and developed SSIS packages, configuration files, logging, checkpoint and automate packages
- Assign and review Team work. Conduct status calls to review progress. Resource planning and projections. Interviewing candidates
- Experience with Power BI desktop, Power BI Service and DAX expressions
- Involved to creating Power BI visualizations with ideas of implementing the appropriate visuals based on the relevancy and need of the requirements
- Created different visualizations using slicers, charts, TreeMap, card, Multi-row card, Bullets and data models as required
- Knowledgeable with Power BI admin activities and gateway Server setup
- Performance tune of slow running queries and database. Created and troubleshot stored procedures and queries performances using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor and DBCC Commands
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. ETL/PL SQL Developer
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various daily Broker feeds
- Created and modified several UNIX shell Scripts to process the flat files to tables like rename, Load, unzip
- Generated server-side PL/SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and materialized views
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data to staging area
- Partitioned the fact tables and materialized views to enhance the performance
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, materialized views, procedures and packages using oracle tools like Toad
- Schedule and Automate Jobs through Control-M
- Modify ETS Models in AIS to generate Alerts in Risk Case Manager for Business
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures, common table expressions (CTEs), temporary table to load third party broker feed
- Worked with Business Analyst to review functional specs and developed test requirement plans to ETS, IB models and ETL processes
- Involved in Partitioning of SSAS Cube for Performance increase and availability of Very large volume data
- Developed SSAS Cube. Added Dimensions, Facts, data source views, calculated measures, KPIs, Actions Deployed and Processed SSAS objects using BIDS designer interface
- Created horizontal Table partitioning of high volume data for different file groups.
- Involved in Revenue system data analytics using Data Profiler task and SQL queries to perform data clean up and pre-aggregation
- Created aggregates, partitions, attribute relationships and user defined hierarchies which reduce the cube and query processing time
- Wrote Basic MDX select statement to query multidimensional data
- SSAS Database Backups and Scheduling Backups by SQL Jobs for deployed SSAS Cube
- Employed Filtered Indexes to improve query performance and reduce the storage and maintenance cost
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. ETL Developer / BI Developer
- Created SSIS (ETL Pipeline ) packages to load data into Repository using various SSIS tasks including Script task with C#, Looping and XML.
- Improve performance of the database by creating clustered and non-clustered indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler which speed up front end OIM operations.
- Import-Export Data from various data sources including Excel, Oracle, Sybase and files (structured, unstructured, xml) using SSIS.
- Create Metrics dashboard for Information Security data to provide an analytical snapshot of point in time data for decision support.
- Design technical and functional documents for GIS repository, ETL processes and Report Dashboard
- Developed multiple dashboards, analytical reports, KPIs, KRIs and Interactive reports based on business requirements using SSRS to support executive business needs
- Design and deploy more than 35 GIS reports Including SLA Reports for GSA with drill down, drill through, charts, parameterized and linked reports using SSRS as well as managed the subscription of the reports.
- Updated and maintained data modeling concepts (logical and physical model), normalization (3NF) & de-normalization of database
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior SQL Developer/SSRS Developer
- Created and implemented Logical to physical database design for the Particular Application System.
- Developed objects (i.e. tables, views and stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes) in SQL Server 2008 to get a better and faster performance. Used BCP utility for bulk Import - Export of the data
- Wrote complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, cursors and user defined functions (UDFs)
- Developed and deployed custom HR (EPM) reports on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS
- Created SSIS/ETL Packages and jobs to perform filtering operations and import the data on daily basis from the Oracle DB to SQL server
- Implemented and Developed SSAS Cube, Facts and Dimension tables to perform analysis
- Worked with report parameters and performed Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS in Visual Studio
- Organized data from a data warehouse into multidimensional cube with MS Analysis Services to allow the execution of sophisticated reports and complex queries
Confidential, Hopewell, NJ
BI Developer/SQL Developer
- Data architecture, design and creation of MS SQL tables, views, triggers and other objects required for web statistics & analysis.
- Created SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) the data into Reporting instance to generate the reports easily and quickly.
- Created SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) consolidate data from different sources into Data Warehouse
- Created Dimensional Data Model and ETL design specifications for Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Responsible for T-SQL coding, performance tuning and analysis.
- Implemented type 1 and type 2 Slow Changing Dimension.
- Review and design the Business requirement document for Dashboard reports and Data mart