- 8 + Years of experience in working on BI solutions, Database Design, Analysis, Modeling, Development, and Support of Microsoft SQL Server/ 2014 /2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 .
- Hands on experience with performing various SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) data transformation tasks like Derived Column, Data conversion, Merge, Bulk Insert, Data Mining, Look - ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, OLEDB Command, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error HANDLING etc.
- Created various SSRS Reports involving variety of features like Reports, Charts, Filters, Sub-Reports, Drill Down, Drill-Through, Multi-valued parameters
- Experience in Excel data analysis to provide data cleansing support and validation of data for use in presentations, Metrics and reports of information.
- Experience in creating Analysis services databases, data sources, data source views, named calculations, named queries, dimensions, cubes, calculations
- Good experience in creating objects such as Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Constraints, Indexes, Full-text Indexes, Views, Indexed Views, T-SQL Merge Command in Microsoft SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000
- Experience in optimizing teh database by creating Clustered, Non-clustered and Full-Text Indexes.
- Experience in tools like SQL Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance
- Involved in package migration from DTS packages to SSIS packages, running teh Microsoft upgrade advisor tool
- Strong noledge of star schema, snow flake schema in dimensional modeling and their usage in different data modeling design
- Involved in all phases of database modeling: conceptual, logical and physical ex: Erwin and Microsoft VISIO
- Strong noledge and experience working with Slowly Changing Dimensions, type 0, type 1, type 2 and inferred dimensions.
- Dealt with performance of packages at different levels of package execution
- Strong noledge and experience in error handling of SSIS packages using transactions, check points(package restart ability features), break points and error logging procedures
- Worked with degenerated dimensions, role playing dimensions
- Strong noledge and experience in deploying and partitioning cubes
- Have worked in rapid development/ agile model.
- Experience with parameterized reports and custom reporting using SSRS
- Expert in Extracting and Transforming data (ETL) from various heterogeneous sources and creating packages using SSIS/DTS, Import, Export Data, Bulk Insert and BCP utilities.
- Great Expertise in creating and managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in conversion of packages from legacy systems (DTS SSIS) and migrating, deploying teh packages across Dev./UAT/Prod environments.
- Worked with end users/customers to understand business requirements, recommended technical solutions and documented functional requirements.
- Excellent analytical/Communication Skills, Team Play and very much result Oriented.
ETL Tools: Experienced working with SSDT/BIDS-DTS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting (SSRS), Informatica
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports
Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2003R2, 2003, 2000 Advanced Server, Windows NT, Windows 95/98/2000 XP/Unix
Web Technologies: ASP.NET, VB.NET, JQuery, ADO.NET, AJAX, XMLJava Script, HTML
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012,Datatools 2014,MS Excel/MSWord/MS Access,DB2
Database Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Power Shell, DTS Import/Export, SQL Client Configuration utility, MS OLAP Services, SSMS, SQL Server BIDS/SSDT(SQL Server 2012)
Modeling Techniques/Tools: Flow Charts, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Use case diagrams, Data Modeling, ER Diagrams, MS Visio, Rational Rose
SQL BI Developer
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Oracle, Flat Files etc.) and loaded teh data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations like Conditional Split, Derived Column, Data Conversion, Look Up, and Merge Join as required using SSIS.
- Worked with a combination of multiple Control Flow Tasks, Data Flow Tasks and Dataflow Transformations to build packages in SSIS especially For Loop and For Each Loop containers with Execute SQL and Script Tasks.
- Developed a MDM solution for data managed mainly in excel files, building teh models in Microsoft Data Services (MDS) and creating teh SSIS packages to pull data from numerous sources into MDS.
- Designed teh SSIS Packages for importing data from Master Data Services and loading into staging tables in Data Mart.
- Managed teh data and model changes, entities, domain based attributes and version control in teh Master Data Services.
- Deployed Master Data Services from Development to Test using both teh Master Data Services Model Deployment wizard and MDSMODELDEPLOY tool.
- Managed entire SSIS packages, tables, and stored procedures in TFS 2014.
- Created columns store indexes indexes to speed up queries and analyses in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Scheduled and Monitored SQL Server Agent Jobs to run various SSIS packages in SQL Management Studio
- Developed SSAS Cubes in Tabular model for teh analysis and reporting data out of Data Mart based on business requirements.
- Created logic and indexed tables/views/stored procedures based on teh business requirements.
Environment: MS SQL SERVER 2014, SSIS, SSAS, TFS, MDS
Confidential, Springfield, IL
SQL BI Developer
- Created ETL Procedures to load data into tables.
- Created Joins, Subqueries, Views and Stored Procedures to load data in different tables
- Extracted data from flat files using SSIS into Data warehouse
- Created multidimensional optimized OLAP cubes, Dimensions and data source view using SSAS
- Experience in developing Star schema for building cubes.
- Accessed SSAS Cubes with Excel 2014
- Developed dashboard reports using Reporting Services, Report Model and ad-hoc reporting using Report Builder.
- Developed Drill through, Drill down, Parameterized reports and Linked reports with thorough noledge of report serving architecture. (Table, chart and matrix report).
- Experience in configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Involved in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created reports in SQL reporting to SharePoint server dashboards.
- Used Performance Point Server to create reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Developed reports using Power View, Performance Point and Excel and loaded into SharePoint.
- Loaded data into Dimension and Fact tables
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SAS, Power View, PowerPivot, Power BI Microsoft Performance Point Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2013
Confidential, Chicago, IL
MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/ triggers for validating teh integrity of teh data.
- Involved in scheduling jobs for SSIS packages.
- Updating SSIS packages according to users requirements.
- Created indexed views and appropriate indexes to reduce teh running time for complex queries.
- To keep track of data manipulations using Audit functionalities.
- Generated custom and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created reports dat call sub reports in SSRS.
- Configuration and Deployment of all teh Reports (RDL, RDS) across various SDLC environments.
- Actively involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Responsible for creating datasets using T-SQL and stored procedures.
- Scheduled teh packages to keep extracting teh data from OLTP at specific time intervals.
- Used various transformation tasks to create ETL packages for data conversion.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Responsible for rebuilding teh indexes and tables as part of performance tuning.
- Performed Query optimization & Performance Tuning.
- Optimized queries using SQL Profiler and Database engine tuning advisor.
Environment: Windows SQL Server 2005 SQL Server Management studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, XML, Erwin
Confidential, Bala Cynwyd, PA
SQL Developer/SSIS Developer/SSRS Developer
- Experience in applying Service Packs at database and OS Level.
- Helped in teh Installation and configuration of MS SQL Server.
- Responsible for developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and User defined functions.
- Efficient use of Joins and sub-queries in queries dat involve data from multiple tables
- Fine tuning of stored procedures to improve teh performance.
- Performed Performance tuning on SQL queries, triggers and stored procedures.
- Used Audit functions to keep track of teh changes made to teh database.
- Responsible for design and Normalization of teh database tables.
- Used Exception handling to catch and report teh errors.
- Generated several drill down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Responsible for creating SSIS packages to extract data from different sources consolidate and merge into one single source.
- Used DTS packages to implement Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL).
- Modified existing SSIS packages to meet current business needs.
- Wrote stored procedures to be used in teh SSIS packages.
- Played Active part in teh development of SQL Server Maintenance plan, scheduling of Jobs, Alerts and Troubleshooting.
- Had to modify teh current stored procedures to meet teh current design.
- Responsible for creating indexed views, and appropriate indexes to cut teh complex query time.
- Involved in system testing.
- Active part in maintenance of data cubes for OLAP.
- Monitored performance and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Identified and defined teh Datasets for report generation.
- Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning(Performance Tuning) queries and stored procedures
- Implemented teh AGILE Method of Development.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, ASP.NET, Vb.Net, SQL Profiler
SQL Developer/SSIS Developer/SSRS Developer
- Involved in Data Source layer, data transformation layer, data storage and retrieval layer, analytical layer and presentation layer of business intelligence solution
- Data cleansing Techniques, Excel pivot tables, Formulas, Charts
- Used Linked servers to connect to remote OLEDB source and joined teh data present in OLEDB source with local data (referred teh OLEDB source more than once)
- Used open row set function for one time access of teh other OLEDB source data
- Data from sources MS SQL Server, Oracle, text files, Microsoft access are extracted, transformed and loaded into a data warehouse
- Involved in teh design of star and snow flake schemas for teh data warehouse
- Handled inferred and slowly changing dimensions while loading fact and dimension tables respectively
- Involved in package migration from DTS to SSIS, running upgrade advisor tool against DTS packages before migration, troubleshooting issues and conversion into SSIS through wizard or manually
- Involved in loading teh fact and dimension tables
- Involved in teh ETL process, used SSIS tasks and transformations to accomplish teh ETL process
- Deployed reports on to teh report manager and presented them to teh users creating custom vb.net applications and asp.net pages
- Created data source views from data sources SQL Server, Oracle
- Included computed columns using named calculations and removed unwanted columns using named queries
- Created multidimensional optimized cubes using SSAS
- Involved in processing teh cube, calculated members using SSAS
- Created different drill down and parameterized reports depending on teh requirements and developed data driven subscriptions for those reports using SSRS and report manager
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS 2008, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008, VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server Profiler, SSMS, BIDS
Confidential, Roseville, CA
MS SQL Server /SSRS/ SSAS Developer
- Created SSIS packages to load data into staging table and data mart and also Performed logging in SSIS packages to capture error data and for error handling.
- Used teh SSIS to migrate Databases such as Access database, flat files to centralized IT destination.
- Extract data from flat files which comprised of header and input files to SQL server 2008R2 and Created Testing scripts for staging validation, generated teh MapForce file for mapping between flat file and database.
- Involved in Installation, configuration of SQL Server 2008R2 on Windows 7.
- Created different kind of reports like cascading reports, Drilldown reports, Drill through Reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports and charts in SSRS 2008R2.
- Excellent command on subscriptions, report snapshot and report cache.
- Created trace in SQL Profiler for Performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts.
- Created tabular and matrix Reports using SSRS.
- Provided a support for data issues and given appropriate solutions.
- Monitored teh system utilization and checking teh execution plan to improve teh performance
- Created Views to reduce database complexities for teh end users. Created Stored Procedures to load data in different tables.
- Created SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and EXCEL files and Configured SQL mail agent for sending mails upon package deployment.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, Map force, XML Spy, Version Control, Agile Environment
SQL Server Developer
- Worked as a developer on databases like MS SQL Server 2005, MS Access (using DTS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Maintained teh client relationship by communicating teh daily statuses and weekly statuses of teh project.
- Managed requests from teh clients and from teh development teams.
- Designed and developed teh Logical and Physical model of teh database.
Environment: MS SQLServer2000, MS Access, Query Analyzer, DTS, BCP, SQL Profiler, Import &Export Data