- Around 7 years of experience in the analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, and documentation of Database and Client Server applications.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 and worked on Integration services (SSIS), Reporting services (SSRS) and Analysis services (SSAS).
- Strong experience of DDL, DML, T - SQL, views, stored procedure and packages.
- Strong experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) in SQL Server database.
- Experience in using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for performing ETL by extracting data from different sources, applying various transformations and loading into warehouse.
- Worked with various control flow tasks and containers (Data Flow Task, for loop, for each loop, Execute SQL task, etc.) and transformations (Derived Column, Aggregate, Multicast, Sort, Lookup, Merge joins, Conditional Split etc.)
- Implemented logging, event handling as and when required in various projects.
- Worked with SQL Server Agent to schedule SSIS Packages and T-SQL Scripts.
- Identifying long running queries, packages etc..., implementing appropriate tuning methods.
- Created various types of simple, complex, parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Developed various types of complex reports likeDrill Down,Drill through, Cross tab reports.
- CreatedReport SubscriptionandData Driven SubscriptionusingSSRS.
- CreatedReport SnapshotsandReport cachingto show the data changes over time.
- Involved in designingParameterized Reports andReportModelsfor generatingAd-Hocreports as per the client requirements.
- Experience with SSRS Report Server, Report Manager and SSRS deployment Process.
- Experience Expert in designing Star and snowflake schema with Facts, Dimensions, Measures and Cubes partitions and perspectives.
- Proven logical & analytical abilities to see both the business & technical sides of a problem.
- Capable to quickly learn new technology and adapt to a new environment.
- Strong Exposure on Object Oriented Programming Concepts.
- Having Experience on C#, ADO.Net and ASP.NET.
- Experience on Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012.
- Involved in each Application Unit Testing.
- Highly motivated team player with immense ability to grasp new concepts.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills, Multi-Tasking with proven experience in utilizing people and process knowledge to assist enterprises in making critical decision.
Microsoft Technologies: MSBI (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), C#.Net, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
Languages: SQL, TSQL, PL/SQL, C#
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, Oracle 8i/9i, MySQL
Database Management Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL*PLUS
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, BIDS (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL Server mail service
Operation Systems: Windows 95/2000/2003/ XP/Vista, Windows NT, UNIX, Linux, MS-DOS
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
OLAP/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Analysis Service(SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Service(SSRS), MDX, Crystal Reports 9/10/XI
Tools: / Packages: MS Visual Studio, MS-Office, SQL*plus, Familiar with OLAP tool SSAS
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Created SSIS Packages to load data from Oracle to SQL Server.
- Created different types of User-defined functions.
- Used Package Configurations to make use of same SSIS package in Dev/Testing/Prod Environments
- Created Parameterized reports, Cross-Tab reports, Drill down reports & Summary reports by using SSRS.
- Developed T-SQL queries and stored procedures with multiple parameters to created data sets for reports.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008. Prepared ADHOC reports through report builders.
- Created report snapshots to improve the performance of SSRS.
- Created Event Handlers for the SSIS package on Error, on Post execute.
- Worked with T-SQL, DDL, DML and DCL.
- Used Performance Point server 2007 to integrate SSRS reports.
- Designed reports and tuned them for optimal performance when using multiple parameters.
- Used Report Manager to assign roles, permissions and to create report schedules.
- Configured Reporting Services to a scale out deployment to allow concurrent users.
- Developed SQL scripts, ensured optimal performance of the queries to generate reports from various relational databases like Oracle, DB2.
- Created complex SSIS packages using various transformations.
- Used Lookup Transformation to get the data from reference data sets.
- Created permanent tables, temporary tables and table variables.
- Making a Report as per user requirement using MS Reporting Services 2005/2008.
- Worked on testing.
- Conversant with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Data modeling under different schemas like Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema.
- Worked on maintaining databases, created indexes, created permissions.
- Worked on backup databases. Recovering information from databases when system fails.
- Used Joins to write queries that retrieve data from more than one table.
- Responsible for hiding and disabling attributes and attribute hierarchies.
- Implementing the calculations to aggregate physical measures
- Worked on share point architect.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, Enterprise manager, Query Analyzer, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS,DTS, SQL profiler, Performance Monitor, Query Optimizer, T-SQL, Agile, Share Point Portal Server 2007 (MOSS 2007), IIS 6.0, .XML, ETL, Microsoft Visio 2003, MS Visual Studio 2008,SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Master Data Services.
Confidential, Miami, Florida
SQL Server Developer (SSIS)
- Worked on a SSIS package to extract the store and ownership details from SQL Server into a flat file.
- Encrypted the file with a password and placed the file on a FTP site.
- Scheduled the package to place the file with current date with name on the FTP.
- Designed and Deployed Tabular, Matrix, List and Chart reports with Drill Down, Interactive sort and Drop down menu option and Parameterized and Sub reports.
- Prepared the Layouts by placing the fields to the appropriate place according to the requirement of the final Report and deployed on report server.
- Created standard report Subscriptions to export into particular formats and put them on shared.
- Worked in team environment in gathering project requirement with clients for new application development process.
- Worked on SSIS package to exact the files and load them into the load tables.
- Created lookup tables to translate the values to current system.
- Worked on SSIS packages to load the Dimension and then updated the Fact tables.
- Created SSIS package to extract the data from the Environment and load it into the stg area.
- Decrypted and encrypted the pins using IPC approved tool and loaded the data into targets.
- Scheduled the package to run daily incremental loads.
- Coordinated with the reporting teams to generate reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2005, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, BIDS, Windows7
Confidential, Columbia, MD
SQL Server Developer
- Worked with Business Analyst and System Analyst in gathering business requirements and specifications from different stakeholders.
- Developed SSIS Packages to extract, load and transform data on daily, weekly and monthly basis using SQL Server Agent Jobs from SQL server to different files and external databases.
- Created parameters, Expressions and calculate the expressions according to the business requirements.
- Involved in design, development, and enhancement, testing of DTS & SSIS packages.
- Developed Dynamic and Static Stored Procedures and Queries to maintain central Database and store details of locations and consumer lines.
- Developed MS SSIS Packages to load very large data set in less time which enhanced DW data loading performance.
- Interacted directly with various business users as a part of team involved in requirements collection and analysis.
- Extensively used SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2(SSRS) with relational and multidimensional data.
- Created user defined functions to split the string in the multi valued parameters and pass to the main query.
- Implemented business logic by extracting data from different sources like Flat files and loaded the results into the target table.
- Extracted data according to specification and created a new table.
- Designing and Deploying Tabular, Matrix, List and Chart reports with Drill Down, Interactive sort, Drop down menu option, Parameterized and Sub reports.
- Developed several 2008R2SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), with Visual Studio and supporting Stored Procedures.
- Develop SSIS Packages to transform data from Excel/Access file to SQL Server database.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters.
- Created parameterized, drill down in MS SQL environment using SSRS 2008R2.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2005 Enterprise, SSRS, SSIS, Crystal Reports, Windows Enterprise Server 2000, DTS, SQL Profiler, and Query Analyzer, DBCC Utilities.
SQL Server Developer
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2000 on Window 2000/NT OS.
- Managing of database objects like Tables, views, indexes etc.
- Managing of users including creation/alteration, grant of system/db roles and permission on various database objects.
- Managing Backup and restore, export and import.
- Developed DTS Packages to transfer the data between SQL Server and other database and files.
- Well experienced with tools like Query Analyzer, SQL utility.
- Implementation of data transfer through DTS and setting guidelines to automate recovery scenarios.
- Creation and management of Database maintenance plan for various database consistency checks.
- Used SQL Profiler to monitor the server performance, debug T-SQL and slow running queries.
- Automation and execution of data transformation scripts.
- Developed Transact-SQL scripts to enforce business rules.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000, MS Access, T-SQL, DTS, VB 6.0.
SQL Server Developer
- Designed and developed database infrastructure.
- Created ER diagrams (physical and logical using Erwin) and mapping the data into database objects.
- Written Complex and Extended Stored Procedures for application developers and some User Defined Functions.
- Created Triggers to enforce data and referential integrity. Created After and Instead of Triggers to enforce data consistency and referential integrity.
- Created views as required by front-end developers for easier implementation on web pages. Created Views, Parameterized Views, Partitioned Views and Indexed Views.
- Created Clustered and Non Clustered Indexes on tables, views, and columns.
- Wrote stored procedures, Created DTS Packages for data import, export, scrubbing and scheduled jobs for backups, Database maintenance using SQL Server 2000, Created Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) & define the attributes, constraints and relationships between the entities.
- Involved in Writing, Modifying complex Queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Developed various types of MIS reports using Crystal Reports.
- Technical Analysis, Code Review, Implementation.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Visual Basic 6.0, Crystal Reports