- Over 8+ years of IT Experience in Database Design, Development and business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 in Development, Test and Production Environments.
- Experience in Banking, Finance, Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Telecommunications, B2B and Sales (POS) business sectors.
- I have vast experience in understanding business in banking and financial domain.
- Can effectively adapt to any environment and business requirements which was already been ssetup.
- In - depth understanding of all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Expert in MS SQL Server suite of products like SSRS, SSAS and SSIS of MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 .
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Index Tuning Wizard, Maintenance, Troubleshooting,Query Optimization, Client/Server connectivityand Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities, DMVs and DMFs.
- Hands on experience with SQL Server 2012 Always On High Availability Groups.
- Expertise on new feature ALWAYSON in SQL 2012 for HA, DR and Reporting access for faster, easier and better safety of data.
- Proficient in SQL Server 2008 new features like Merge Statement,Filtered Indexes, Policy BasedManagement, Data Compression, Resource Governor, Performance Data Collector and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Backup compression, Lock escalation and new data types.
- Extensive experience in developing Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and Complex Queries on SQL Server 2014,2012, 2008.
- Highly proficient in the use of SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Expertise in working on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using Bulk Copy Process (BCP) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) with MS SQL 2014,2012, 2008 R2/2008.
- Created various SSRS Reports involving variety of features like Reports, Charts, Filters, Sub-Reports, Drill Down, Drill-Through, Multi-valued parameters.
- Proficient in creating and designing the report layout, sorting the data, defining subtotals and generated Reports like parameterized reports, drill down reports using SSRS 2008 R 2/2008/2005.
- Experience in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Excellent T-SQL Programming, query optimization & performance tuning skills.
- Proficient in using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor and DBCC Commands.
- 2+ years’ experience programming business requirements, technical analysis and design, coding, testing, and implementations of customizations within the Tableau software environment
- Experienced in all phases of project life cycle starting from business requirement gathering an analysis.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Database Objectscreation such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Proficient in creating SQL Server reports, handling sub reports and defining query for generating drill down reports using SSRS.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Un-Block Transformations.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTP and SMTP.
- Very well aware of the changes made to Configuration files and deployment models and other changes in SQL Server 2014.
- Experience in deploying packages to Integration Services Catalog in SQL Server 2012.
- Created various dashboard report and deploy on SharePoint server
- Proficient in Database performance optimization, debugging and tuning using the Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and SQL Server Debugger.
- DTS applications moving data between different types of databases and legacy systems.
- Proven ability in data modelling tools, e.g., Erwin 8.1/8.0/7.1/4.2/4.1
- Extremely diligent, strong team player with an ability to take new roles with Excellent verbal and written communication skills and possesses strong analytical skills.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008, 7.0 and 6.5, Oracle9i, Access and Dbase
Operating Systems: Windows 2008, 2003,2000 Windows workstation, NT 4.0 servers, Windows 95/98/XP, Windows 3.11, Millennium, 2000/XP/95/98, MS DOS, Novell Netware, Linux and UNIX.
Applications: MS Office 2010, Adobe (Reader, Photoshop, Flash cs3), SQL Mail and Outlook Express.
Programming: VB.net, Java
SQL Server/Oracle Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Developer, SQL Plus, PL/SQL.
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Tableau Business Objects XI / XI-R2 Visio, Erwin, Sharepoint, SAP Business objects, Crystal Report, Universe, Web Intelligent and Dashboard, Power BI(Power Pivot, Power View).
Databases: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 , MS Access 97/2000, DB2
Languages: T-SQL, C#, VB.NET, PL-SQL.
Sr. SQL SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server R2 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Source Safe 2012, Erwin 4.0, MS Excel 2007, C#, Tableau, VB.Net, Sharepoint, Windows Server 2010, VB6, SAP Business Objects.
- Involved in gatheringBusiness Requirements, understanding workflow, Impact Analysis and Technical Specification Documentation.
- Experienced in creating SSIS packages to import & export data from text files MS SQL Server databases.
- Involved in Data cleansing, Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Data through SSIS packages.
- Involved in writing T-SQL script for databases and tables.
- Involved in Error Handling, Package Logging and Configuration of packages.
- Created database objects including tables, triggers, views, stored procedures, Indexes, and Functions.
- Involved in Deployment, scheduling and Running SSIS packages on SQL server.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage time efficiently Have an understanding of Microsoft AnalysisServicesand the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack.
- Upgrading the Excel Power Pivot reports from with using Excel 2013 features.
- Generated Pivot reports by auditing the SharePoint and Excel Pivot logs.
- Created the ETL’s to download from SharePoint / shared folders and automated the Excel file refresh again published to shared folders.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business (analyst, managers, executives)
- Worked closely with finance team to build SSRS reports with different kinds of parameters.
- Excellent team player and worked on development projects.
Sr. MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer/ETL Developer
Environment: SQL Server 2012,SQL Server R2 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Source Safe 2012, Erwin 4.0, MS Excel 2007, C#, Tableau, VB.Net, Sharepoint, Windows Server 2010,VB6, SAP Business Objects.
- Created SSIS packages for importing the Excel layouts into the database using SSIS.
- Used BIDS to design SSIS packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, and archived data file from different DBMS. Scheduled the job to do this task periodically.
- Loaded data from ODS to Data Warehouse using SSIS packages.
- Experience in SSIS script tasks, Look up transformations and Data flow tasks using T- SQL, C# and Visual Basic scripts.
- Using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes.
- Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports using SSRS 2012.
- Designed and developed Drill down and Drill Through reports with Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Wrote new Stored Procedures for new system and optimized old Store Procedures and Functions on Production Server.
- Developed packages using various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Prepared the Power Shell scripts to deploy BI (DB, SSIS, Model and Job Configuration) Components.
- Used to Work with Active Directory Tickets.
- Improved data load performance by analyzing database design and query plans.
- Modified and Create Joins to Improve the Database and execution speed.
- Experience in optimizing the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Used MDX to query Analysis Service Databases, debugging and supported the purpose of data analysis.
- Supervising process and functional design activities
- Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
- Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
- Performing/supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
- Involved in business analysis and technical design sessions with business and technical staff to develop dimensional models, requirements document, and ETL specifications. Maintenance of OLAP cubes, data profiling and auditing.
- Involved in Performance Tuning using SQL Server Profiler and SQL server Hints. Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2012.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
Sr. MS SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS) / ETL Developer
Environment: MS SQL SERVER 2008/2012, SSIS 2008/2012, SSAS 2005/2008, MS Excel, SAP Business Objects.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, T-SQL
- Creation of temporary tables, efficient index mechanisms and optimizing joins to match the performance expectations of the system
- Did unit testing on data and pull the data for users requirements
- Developed SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Excel and flat files into SQL server 2008 using different transformations: derived column, sorting, aggregation.
- Planning and executing data conversion activities (e.g., test data)
- Driving test planning and execution f internal staff on the SAP Business Objects Toolset.
- Created different kind of charts like Pareto, Bar and Line charts by using Excel Power Pivot.
- Assigned for Database Optimization that involved re-engineering the databases, data and index organizing, performance tuning and query tuning.
- As a part of the team, configured Transactional Replication with multiple publishers and centralized subscriber for real time reporting.
- Also implemented Mirroring for DR Plan.
- Created dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Involved in Creation of Dimensions using STAR and SNOW FLAKE Schema.
- Defined cubes, dimensions, user hierarchies, aggregations in an OLAP environment.
- Developed Multi-dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using MS Analysis. Involved in Performance optimization created a Log tables to capture the SSIS events and used it to Perform Debugging of packages.
- Resolving blocking and deadlocks using DMVs, Profiler and killing respective SPIDs and also optimizing the queries, which are involved in blocking and deadlock issues.
- Scheduling SQL Server Agent Jobs for updating statistics, checking fragmentation, checking database integrity and backup plans
- Experienced in designing reports through Report Builder and Report Designer.
- Identified and worked with parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2005/2008.
- Created and scheduled a SSIS package to run our stored procedures to create the output report tables and regenerate reports automatically on weekly or monthly bases using SSRS 2005 and SSRS 2008.
- SSRS module to request data from output tables, design of report templates, use of bar and pie charts, drill-down and drill-through reports, use of parameters, global variables and functions to generate final reports.
- Designed ad-hoc reports using Report Model and configured using Report Manager.
- Used complex expressions to group data, filter and parameterize reports.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
MS SQL Server/SSAS/SSRS Developer/ ETL Developer
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, Crystal Reports 10, Crystal Enterprise, Remedy 4.5.1, CRM, MS Windows Server 2000/2003, MS Access, Windows 2003
- Created report form with Stored Procedure using T-SQL, which contain number of sub report to bring data to Master report.
- Assisted reporting team to work on SSRS and performed VB.Net coding to access data.
- Designed star schema for OLAP cube generation and extensively worked dimension modelling for analysis service using SSAS.
- Developed a multi-dimensional database and OLAP cube using SSAS that stored and maintained the data also designed and developed MOLAP and ROLAP cubes with SSAS.
- Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of several cubes.
- Designed and implemented data mart, facts, dimensions and OLAP cubes using dimensional modelling standards.
- Implemented member properties, virtual dimension, dimension custom rollups, write back, action and drill through.
- Assisted users to work with OLAP cubes into SSRS for enterprise reports.
- Audited and enforced database security, code and procedural standards.
- Designed, developed and modified various Reports.
- Designed, developed, and tested complex queries for Reports distribution.
- Built and performed user acceptance testing on modified reports.
- Skilled in running jobs in Enterprise Manager using job-scheduling tool.
Confidential, Houston, TX
SQL Server/SSIS / SSRS Developer/ ETL Developer
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows 2003 Server, SQL Query Analyzer, SSIS, TSQL, C#,ASP.NET, MS Outlook.
- Installation, configuration of MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Consistency and Integrity.
- SQL serverUpgrade from 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Designing and creation oftablesandstored procedureswith E-R diagrams.
- Merging 2 different versions of databases to one single database and upgrading to SQL 2008.
- Designed the Dimensional modeling of the Data warehouse using Erwin.
- Data Warehousing using Data Transformation Services Package (SSIS).
- Directly responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse
- Extensively involved in designing (Logical and Physical) of customer database.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, cursors, indexes, procedures dynamically for any tables, triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Database and log backups and restoration, backup scheduling the backups.Backing up master and system databases and restoring them.
- Query optimization and performance tuning. Writing triggers and stored procedures and optimizing it.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory and connections. Running DBCC consistency checks, fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Ensured developers coordinated their efforts in managing and maintaining different application databases.
- Reduced systems downtime risk through automatic offsite backup and recovery over network.
MS SQL Server Developer / ETL Developer
- Interacted with the client trying to figure out the requirements.
- Developed modules, sample codes for the entire team to use.
- Developed and implemented procedures to ensure the quality, usability and accuracy of reports.
- Tested all the modules to see the desired output.
- Generated various scripts for the team members to use.
- Created stored procedures for the business logic using T-SQL.
- Used query analyzer to optimize queries.
- Developed backup restore scripts for SQL Server as needed
- Developed database and even configured based on the present need.
- Solved the problems by re-configuring parameters.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with the Databases/Servers on a real-time basis.
- Designed and implemented user log in and security.