- Over 7 years of extensive experience in the IT industry as a MS SQL /BI Developer (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005
- Experience across all phases of SDLC from project initiation to post - implementation.
- Excellent knowledge in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema, FACT and Dimensional tables.
- Expert in developing, deploying packages and extracting data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Experience in defining queries, generating drill-down reports, complex formulas, sub-reports, and on-demand reports and also expert at basic and advanced report creation (table, chart, matrix report, web reporting) using SSRS along with excellent experience in report serving architecture.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created SSIS Packages using Various Transformation like Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Data Conversion, Aggregate, Merge Join, Sort, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, XML and Flat file using SSIS utility. Involved in transformation of OLTP data to the Data Warehouse using SSIS and SQL commands.
- Expertise in Developing and Extending SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Cubes, Data Mining Models, Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Adept in defining referenced relationships and calculated members in SSAS and used MDX queries.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Database consistency checks using DBCC
- Experienced in creating packages, Jobs, sending alert mails, scheduling and running packages, designing, compiling and testing.
- Experienced in using global variables, expressions and functions for the reports.
- Experienced in sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports.
- Experienced in Cube designing in Business Intelligence Development Studio to edit various properties of a cube, including the measure groups and measures, cube dimensions, dimension relationships and Calculations
- Responsible for interacting with the client, understanding their requirements and implementing the necessary changes in the program.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with ability to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs using agile methodologies.
- MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000
- MS SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- MS SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
- SQL Server Management studio (SSMS)
- MS SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard
- SQL Profiler/Analyzer
- Bulk Copy Program (BCP)
- Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- SQL Agent
- Service Manager
- Visual Studio
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
Confidential, NYC, NY
SQL Server BI Developer
- Created Complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, Views and other SQL joins and statements for applications by using T-SQL. Worked on Performance point server and created management reports.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of Code using execution plan and SQL profiler and added Indexes to improve performance on tables.
- Capturing error data in flat file using flat file destination, sending the error data in flat file attached to the corresponding mail ids using Sent Mail Task, and correcting error data.
- Implemented Error Handling in Stored Procedures using Try and Catch, @@error and Raise error.
- Designed and developed efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables using Transformations like Fuzzy lookup, lookup, merge, merge join, script component and slowly changing dimension.
- Integrated SQL Server reporting services with MOSS (Microsoft Office Share Point Server) to automatically deliver reports to the Share Point portal.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a SSIS process failure or success.
- Used Script task in SSIS to write custom code
- Created Drill down Reports, Sub-Reports, drill through and parameterized reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS
- Generated reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries and defined datasets for report generation
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for the managers
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries
- Deployed SSIS packages on Dev/Testing/Production servers
- Experience in using Package configurations and implemented custom logging in SSIS.
- Developed custom reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to review score cards, business trends based on the data from different locations.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, and optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Identifying the bottlenecks (in sources, targets, and packages) and tuning it.
- Experience in creating and managing fragmentation of Indexes to achieve better query performance.
- Deploying and Scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports including current status.
- Experience in creating snapshots of reports to reduce the load on the server.
- Used SQL SERVER AGENT to automate the process of rebuilding indexes at regular interval for better performance.
Environment: SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, OLTP, SQL Server Business intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Access, MS Excel, Windows, T-SQL, Visual Studio.
Confidential, Bethelehem, PA
SQL Server BI Developer
- Utilized documentation prepared by Business Analyst to complete projects.
- Increased query performance, necessary for statistical reporting by more than 25% after performing monitoring, tuning, and Optimizing Indexes tasks by using Performance Monitor, Profiler, and Index tuning wizard.
- Implemented complex business requirement in backend using efficient stored procedures and flexible functions, and facilitated easy implementation to the front end application.
- Migrated data from different sources (text based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Access) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extracted data from various data source including OLE DB, Excel, flat files and XML using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge, derived columns, fuzzy lookup and lookup
- Migrated all DTS packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and modified the packages accordingly using the advanced features of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Extracted data from Oracle and migrated into SQL Server using SSIS.
- Creating and managing scheme objects such as tables, views, clusters, Indexes, Procedures, triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Highly skilled in configuring and creating SSIS solutions for ETL and Data Migration services, and in managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Migration is also done using Bulk Insert and dynamically created queries in the job steps.
- Implemented automated jobs for Database Backup on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Implemented complex conceptual database design and database architect into SQL Server using various constraints and triggers.
- Played a major role in production support of SSIS jobs.
- Using Visio design different kind of Data Models for various kind of databases as per the requirement and designed various E-R diagrams
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Created reports from data warehouse using SSRS such as Drill Down, Drill Through, adhoc reports, tabular report, Sub Reports, Charts
- Deployed 2008 R2 Reporting Services (SSRS) RDL files to Reports server.
Environment: SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Oracle, SSMS, Outlook
Confidential, NYC, NY
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in monitoring production systems, troubleshooting stored procedures and writing Transact SQL code, troubleshooting complex production issues and delivering high quality reports.
- Proposed various change requests to enhance the functionality and stability of the existing system.
- Created stored procedures, views, tables, views, triggers, and custom user defined functions.
- Extensively utilized SSIS packages functionality to create complete ETL process using scripts, stored procedure, functions, transformation of data etc.
- Migration from HR data (2 GB) to SQL server, converting codes to stored functions, user defined functions
- Experience in data migration (using tools like DTS, BULK INSERT, BCP and Replication) between different homogeneous and heterogeneous systems and SQL Server.
- Reports were scheduled to be executed and sent to client via email and posted on SharePoint Server. Created views in SharePoint modified web parts uploaded new documents and customized the existing SharePoint site.
- Created SQL jobs to process files, execute SSIS packages and publish data on the web server.
- Retrieved data from Web service, creating an XML file and utilized it in packages for further processing.
- Involved in performance tuning to optimize existing applications and processes.
- Supported applications by rerunning previous files, handled queries, and created ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Reviewed and optimized SQL queries, stored procedures, views and triggers from other developers to achieve maximum efficiency and scalability.
- Designed Complex reports using cascading parameters, Drill through Reports, Parameterized reports using SQL server reporting services and Matrix reports were created for the report whose columns were not predetermined.
- Various user defined functions were created to reuse in reports and store procedures.
- Managed database security, created and assigned appropriate roles and privileges to users. Created database backup and recovery using Lite Speed scripts and also MS-SQL scripts.
- Extensively used windows batch processing for large data.
- Created schema objects like attributes, facts, hierarchies, transformations and public objects like metrics,
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSIS, T-SQL, SQL Reporting Services, Visual Studio, SharePoint
SQL Server Report Developer
- Experienced in working with many complex SQL queries with joins, date functions, inline functions, and sub-queries to generate various reports.
- Extensive experience in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User-Defined Functions.
- Experience in using all kinds of Constraints, managing Indexes, Locks, troubleshooting deadlocks and handling the Isolation Levels.
- Created and maintained Database Objects (Tables, Stored procedures, functions) in SQL.
- Worked on various work orders to fix and find solutions to existing ETL code.
- Worked with the Business users and the data/system analysts to understand the Business rules and Business requirements and updated the ETL code accordingly.
- Worked on loading the data from the client on to our dev regions cycling them and checking for the issues and fixing them, Running metrics for client on bi-Weekly basis.
- Written and executed ETL test cases as part of testing the code before migrating to Production.
- Analyzed the source data and decided on appropriate extraction, transformation and loading strategy.
- Integrated with the end users to gather requirements, plan, build, test, deploy, document and apply change control
- As part of an agile team, implemented Test Driven Development by working with the SA/DA/Tester before the actual ETL development has started.
- Implemented Pair Programming, Code Reviews and Unit testing as part of Agile Methodology.
- Handled successful production code fixes with minimum/no impact to business.
- Created, Maintained & Scheduled various reports in SSRS like Drill down and Drill through & Parameterized Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS
- Configuration and Deployment of all the Reports across various SDLC environments.
- Created different reports using complex queries to create the datasets in SSRS
- Responsible for deploying reports to Report Manager and Troubleshooting for any errors occurred during execution.
Environment: MS SQL Server, TFS (Team Foundation Server), MS Office, SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Oracle, Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Management Studio
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Worked with team of technical staff and business managers and practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex
- Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and worked with nested Stored Procedures
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables and fields
- Work directly with users and business partners to gather reporting requirements and provide solutions.
- Developed code, perform reviews to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Responsibility as a Tier-3 Primary during the production support for applications as on needed basis.
- Implemented Source Control using Team Foundation Server.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, business analyst, and production teams across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
- Designed and developed Queries, T-SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Constraints, Views, and Functions in MS-SQL Server
Environment: SQL Server, T-SQL, Visual Studio, BIDS, Windows Server, MS office