- Over 7 years of strong SQL Server Developer and Business Intelligence experience in Finance, Banking, Retail, Insurance domains with expertise in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 and Business Intelligence including SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehouse methodologies, including Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimension Tables, worked with high volume databases with partitioned data.
- Expert in planning, modeling, designing, developing, implementing, administering, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 and Access databases. Some experience with Oracle and MYSQL Databases.
- Highly proficient in the use of T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, Indexes, User Defined Functions, Relational Database models, Data integrity and SQL joins.
- Experienced in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous Systems using SSIS of MS SQL Server 2012/ 2008R 2/2008/2005.
- Expertise in working on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using Bulk Copy Process (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS with MS SQL 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005.
- Expert knowledge and experience authoring, managing and deploying reporting solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experienced in creating many complex SSIS packages with complicated transformations using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Expert in designing complex reports like Drill-Down reports, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports, Sub Reports, Ad-hoc reports and Dashboard Reports using SSRS based on client requirement.
- Expertise in developing and extending MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2012/2008/2005 (SSAS) cubes, data mining models, deploying and processing SSAS objects, and writing MDX queries.
- Experienced with advanced attributes and dimension properties design, designing relationships between dimensions and measure groups, designing calculations, KPIs, actions, perspectives and generating report model based on cubes (SSAS).
- Experienced in sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports.
- Using Data Mining Wizard and Designer to Design, Manipulate models.
- Experience in Implementing Database Mirroring in SQL server 2005.
- Experience using source control (TFS).
- Experience in working with CLSLiNK data model.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models like Transactional, Snapshot and Merge.
- Experience with Database Backup and Restore.
- Documented disaster recovery plans and participated in disaster recovery drills. Proficient in Database performance optimization, debugging and tuning using the Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and SQL Server Debugger.
- Worked on administration tasks such as Data loading/unloading, Batch Jobs, Backup & Recovery, User and Application Table Management, upgrades, creating Databases/File groups/Files/Transaction logs.
- Experience with SharePoint 3.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities.
- Demonstrated experience seamlessly learning new technologies in a short span of time, integrating well into any environment, and working well under pressure.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/98/2000/XP/2003 Server, Unix, Linux, Sun Solaris
Languages: T-SQL, CSS, HTML, ASP.NET, C#, .NET Framework, C, PL-SQL
Data Warehouse Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS, Business Intelligence Development Studio, DTS, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 , Oracle 8i/9i/10g
Tools: /Utilities: Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Database Tuning Advisor, DTS, Analysis Manager, BCP, SQL Profiler
ETL Tools: SSIS SQL Server Integration Services, DTS
Architecture: Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLAP, OLTP
Reporting Tools: Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services 2012, 2008, 2005
Other Tools: MS Office, Visio, MS Excel, MS-Project 2000
Confidential - Hillsboro, OR
SQL Server BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Utilized documentation prepared by Business Analyst to complete projects.
- Increased query performance, necessary for statistical reporting by more than 25% after performing monitoring, tuning, and Optimizing Indexes tasks by using Performance Monitor, Profiler, and Index tuning wizard.
- Implemented complex business requirement in backend using efficient stored procedures and flexible functions and facilitated easy implementation to the front-end application.
- Migrated data from different sources (text-based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Access) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Managed database growth and performance with database reorgs.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat File (2GB -- 4GB) to Flat File and Flat File to SQL Server 2008R2 using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns and Condition Split.
- Migrated all DTS packages to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and modified the packages accordingly using the advanced features of SQL Server Integration Services.
- Extracted data from Oracle and migrated into SQL Server 2008R2 using SSIS.
- Creating and managing scheme objects such as tables, views, clusters, Indexes, Procedures, triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Highly skilled in configuring and creating SSIS solutions for ETL and Data Migration services, and in managing Event Handlers, Package Configurations, Logging, System and User-defined Variables for SSIS Packages.
- Extracted data from various data source including OLE DB, Excel, flat files and XML using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge.
- Design various E-R diagrams for different modules by using Visio.
- Migration is also done using Bulk Insert and dynamically created queries in the job steps.
- Implemented automated jobs for Database Backup on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Implemented complex conceptual database design and database design into SQL Server 2005/2008R2 /2012 using various constraints and triggers.
- Played a major role in production support of SSIS jobs.
- Using Visio 5.0 design different kind of Data Models for various kinds of databases as per the requirement.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Created reports from data warehouse using SSRS i.e. Drill Down, Drill Through, Sub Reports, Charts, Table.
- Created ad-hoc reports using SQL server 2008 R2 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Deployed 2008 R2 Reporting Services (SSRS) RDL files to Reports server.
Environment: MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS, SSMS, Oracle 11g, MS Office, Outlook, ASP.NET, T-SQL, MS Excel 2003, MS SQL Query Analyzer
Confidential - Columbus, OH
SQL Server BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS)
- Created logical and physical data models for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users as per agile methodology.
- Work closely with application teams to create and maintain database objects, refresh databases, SQL tuning, and provide production support.
- Implemented features of DB2 to increase database availability during REORGs and batch processing, and to allow for larger partition sizes, which resulted in the ability to store more client data and statements online.
- Wrote T-SQL, designed and modified database objects such as tables, views, triggers, indexes, Stored Procedures, defaults, function to meet the business and audit specifications.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP data warehouse databases, and Scheduled Jobs to call the packages.
- Designed and implemented facts, dimensions and OLAP cubes using dimensional data modeling in SQL Server 2008 that maintained data.
- Defined measure groups and further tuned dimensions’ attributes for a cube, created and deployed cubes to an instance of analysis services on the development server.
- Modified dimensions in the cube, created hierarchy and relationships among attributes, wrote SQL expressions to define named calculation.
- Defined different types of relationships between dimensions and measure groups and specified the properties of these relationships, such as referenced relationship, fact relationship and many-to-many relationship.
- Wrote MDX queries to define calculations including calculated members, named sets. Created Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the business.
- Created perspectives to reduce the apparent complexity.
- Created report based on those developed cubes and Designed and maintained view and stored procedure to retrieve data from data warehouse to create corresponding data set for the Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in generating reports like tabular, chart, matrix, parameterized and drill through reports using SSRS and deployed the same through report manager.
- Built advanced reports using query parameters, report parameters, user access restrictions, filters and interactive sorts.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and change management to existing reports and optimize report performance (SSRS).
- Designed index, statistics and optimized queries by using execution plan for performance tuning of the database.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Windows 2012 Server DTS, T-SQL, Report Builder, SharePoint3, Server Agent, Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Query Analyzer.
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in documenting the code for understandability.
- Participated in creating reports that deliver data based on stored procedures.
- Experience in creating snapshots of static reports and configure subscription.
- Encapsulated frequently used SQL Statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the execution time.
- Involved in developing triggers to audit schema changes at the database level.
- Created sub-reports to present more detailed information about the summary.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a SSIS process failure or success.
- Data from various sources like flat files, to SQL Server database Using SSIS Package.
- Used Lookups Transformation to get the data from reference data sets
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs
- Using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting so create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Developed SSIS Packages for extracting the data from the file system, transformed and loaded the data into OLAP. Used SSIS to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for applications
- Created reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services. Designed and deliver dynamic reporting solutions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Applied conditional formatting in SSRS to highlight key areas in the report data.
- Heavy integration of ASW400 IBD DB2 with SQL Server and StarQuest replication tool.
- Used Report Builder to do Ad-hoc Reporting. Develop various types of complex reports like Drill Down, Drill Through, Gauges, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, and Sub Reports. Used Reporting Services to schedule various reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Created Stored Procedures for commonly used complex queries involving join and union of multiple tables. Created Views to enforce security and data customization.
- Debugged applications written in .NET whenever needed.
- Making a Report as per user requirement using MS Reporting Services 2005/2008.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2005.
- Worked on improving the performance of the system.
- Created permanent tables, temporary tables and table variables.
- Used Query Analyzer to optimize SQL queries.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), C#, VBScript, ASP.NET, T-SQL, MS Excel 2003, MS SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler.
SQL Server Developer
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in SQL Server 2005. Validated change requests and made appropriate recommendations. Standardized the implementation of data.
- Promoted database objects from test/develop to production. Coordinated and communicated production schedules within development team.
- Modified database structures as directed by developers for test/develop environments and assist with coding, design and performance tuning.
- Managed user access and Created new security accounts.
- Performed Backup and restore of databases.
- Developed and implemented database and coding standards, improving performance and maintainability of corporate databases.
- Created the DTS Package through ETL Process to vendors in which records were extracts from Flat file and Excel sources and loaded daily at the server.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity checks, Database Statistics update and Re-indexing.
- Created check constraints to maintain data integrity.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Worked on DTS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from heterogeneous database.
- Data migration (import & export/BCP) from Text to SQL Server.
- Planned complete Back-up of Database and Restored the Database from Disaster Recovery.
- Coordinating post-implementation events such as testing.
- Updated the statistics information for both the old and new servers.
- Assisted with various ad hoc query requests.
- Provided back-end support for functional testing and performance testing.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000, DTS, T-SQL, VSS, VBScript, XHTML, XML, Windows 2000/2003 Server, MS-Office, MS-Excel