- Over 8 years of experience in SQL Server Development and Database Design in Production Development and Test environments with Microsoft SQL SERVER.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Data warehousing, including requirement gathering from business users, analysis, design, creation of mapping documents, specification writing, development, testing, and implementation using Microsoft Technologies.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP system study, Analysis and developing Database Schemas like star schema and snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de - normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation.
- Worked extensively on Erwin and ER Studio in several projects in both OLAP and OLTP applications.
- Handful experience and outstanding knowledge on High availability (HA) &Disaster recovery solutions (DR) - Log Shipping, Mirroring (High safety, High performance& High availability), Replication (Snapshot, Merge, Transactional& Peer -to- Peer) and Clustering (Active-Passive &Active - Active).
- Expert at driving Agile, Waterfall and test driven development. Evangelist of Agile/Scrum principles and methodology. Implemented agile project methodology and involved in estimations for each sprint, and provided status in scrum meetings.
- Extensive experience in usingT-SQL Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Cursors, Triggers, User Defined Functions, Table Types, Relational Database ModelsandData Integrityin observing Business Rulesin SQL Server platforms.
- Extensive knowledge in Tuning SQL queries & improving the performance of the Database.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting, debugging and supporting business intelligence applications in Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack configuration.
- Excellent in High Level Design of SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and union all.
- Experience in creating deployment utility to deploy SSIS packages over Production, QA and Local System.
- Strong knowledge and exposure to creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent and scheduled SSIS Packages.
- Experience in updating, accessing and version controlling the source code using visual source safe (VSS), team foundation server (TFS), sub version (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience in developing of Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through, Drop Down, Parameterized using SSRS.
- Expert in designing complex reports like reports using Cascading parameters, Parameterized Reports and Report Models and ad-hoc reports, Crystal Reports using SSRS.
- Involved in some administration tasks including Performance Tuning, back-up/recovery, preventing deadlocks, Disaster recovery models on a needed basis.
- Worked to establish connectivity between VB, ASP application servers by using ODBC and Maintained existing code and fix bugs whenever needed.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, documentation and business analytical skills with an ability to adapt new technology quickly and a strong team player.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new concepts, both technical and business related and utilize as needed.
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, Enterprise Manager, DTS, Profiler, DTA, Upgrade Advisor, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server data tools(SSDT)
ETL & Reporting Tools: SSIS, SSRS, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Micro Strategy Qlikview, Tableau, MS Reporting Tools: Power View, PowerPivot, PerformancePoint, Microsoft Dynamics AX
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, MS Access, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c
Programming Languages: SQL,T: SQL, C, C++, C#, VB.Net
Operating System: Windows Server 2000/2003, 2008, 2008 R2,Windows XP/98, Unix
Scripting: HTML, XML, VBScript, Java Script
Tools: Visual Studio 2008/2005 and Report Builder 1.0/2.0/ 3.0
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Sr. SQL/BI Developer
- Participated in requirement gathering meetings for functional requirements and involved in the documentation of the project.
- Performed thescope analysisof the user requirements.
- Migrated around 40 DTS packages to SSIS.
- Transferred data from various data sources/business systems includingDB2 (AS400), MS Excel, MS Access, Flat Filesetc. to SQL Server using SSIS/ETL using various data transformations components like data conversion, look up transformations etc. Created derived columns from the present columns for the given requirements.
- Created several batch processes which loads data from DB2 (AS400), MS Excel, MS Access, Flat Filesetc. to SQL Server on daily basis based on the business requirement.
- Worked with huge tables present in DB2 AS400 database, the table with maximum number of rows we worked with is 500 Million records.
- Created ComplexETL Packagesusing SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions in different mappings as per the requirements.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Ensure proper soured control (Git), documentation (Confluence), testing and quality assurance processes are established, implemented and followed to maintain high data integrity.
- Used SQL server configurations for all the ETL’s using environmental variable.
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries and data integrity.
- Tuned database SQL statements and procedures by examining explain plans, monitoring run time and system statistics. Applied database hints, fine-tuned indexes and rewrote code to improve performance.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedure, Views and other application database code objects to help with complex mappings.
- Developed SQL queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Responsible for scheduling jobs, alerting and maintaining SSIS packages.
- Performance improvement discussions every week to reduce the process timing of each milestone deliveries and implemented successfully several times.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2008 R2, T-SQL, SSIS/SSRS, Visual Studios 2008/2010, AS400 DB2, Active X Script, VBScript, MS-Excel, XML, Windows 2008 R2, Erwin, Visual Studio 2012, ASP.Net 4.5, MS SharePoint 2010/2013, Windows PowerShell C#, GIT HUB.
Confidential, Maumee/Toledo, OH
Sr. SQL/BI developer
- Involved in gathering the requirements, analysis, design & development of the project.
- Develop procedures to transform, integrate, and validate data in the creation of analytical datasets.
- Used agile software development methodologies, especially Scrums to ensure rapid iterative software development.
- Worked on a team to develop a completely customized relational database for maintained complex and client information.
- Supported customer segmentation initiatives by providing detailed data analysis, mapping, transformations, and reporting of buying behaviors and patterns
- Used SSIS for importing/Exporting data using SSIS.
- Extracted and validated customer level data from rich data sources using SSIS, and created analytical data sets for analyzing customer purchase behaviors.
- Developed web and social media KPI dashboards for the campaign web page by procuring and analyzing web data.
- Analyzed key business performance indicators and provided drill down research about market basket and product affinity patterns SSAS, leading to increases in online sales up to 10%.
- Attend the daily scrums to present the status and highlight if any road blocks.
- Conduct SQL code walk-thru of systems solutions to ensure design quality and consistency, as well as cross reference to business requirements.
- Designed data quality and monitoring processes to protect the integrity of sales and clickstream information loaded into the data warehouse.
- Designed and developed several Sql Server stored procedures, views, functions and triggers for all the DML functionality for the web site.
- Developed various report formats using SSRS which include Standard Reports and Graphical Reports. Supporting existing data warehouse for daily issues.
- Optimize existing SSIS packages with options like delay validations, buffer sizes, parallel processing and maximum concurrent executions etc.
- Analyzed & designed the business rules for data cleansing that are required by the staging & OLAP and OLTP databases
- Created calculated measures and dimension members using multi-dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions
- Used SMTP mail class of .NET for the users to send mail with suggestions, receive any alerts, receive confirmation notifications etc.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Cache Transform, Conditional Split and Derived column etc.
- Worked with version controller Team Foundation Server (TFS) for maintaining history of source-code and project documents
- Involved in the Unit and Integration testing.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, T-SQL, MDX, MS Excel, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), TFS, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SSAS.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
SQL server/BI developer
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
- Loading flat files every day and storing them in Archive by renaming the files with current date, and also creating SSIS packages to load from oracle to SQL server.
- Worked with the product owners, business analysts, and the design teams to understand the business requirements and translate them into technical designs.
- Expert in creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, cursors, derived tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency
- Implemented normalization techniques on different databases.
- Worked with Change Data Capture (CDC) feature in SQL server to capture all the changes during migration of data between databases.
- Configured Attunity for SQL Server, a third party tool to maintain the sync process from Oracle to SQL server (Staging Database).
- Involved in building a staging database for doing transformation and conversions of data while moving it between the databases.
- Mapped each KPI with Multiple data sources, threshold values, bending methods, and indicators.
- Identified the Data Sources and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Involved in Creation of Dimensions using STAR and SNOW FLAKE Schema in SSAS.
- Design and developed end to end reporting/dashboards using Business Objects, Congo and SQL Server Reporting Services (Dashboards, Analytical, and Canned reports) with drill up, drill down and drill through capabilities.
- Involved in creating documentation and environment for QA and deployed SSIS packages.
- Automate and enhance daily administrative tasks, including space management, object alteration, backup & recovery and performance monitoring.
- Developed custom transformations with VB.NET code to load data from iSeries to SQL Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008,.NET 2.0, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDX, VB.NET, ERwin 4.0, ETL, Erwin, MS Access, XML, Excel, Visual Studio 2008.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
SQL server developer (SSIS)
- Participated in integrating the front end with SQL server back end.
- Created logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users.
- Involved in migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle, XML files to SQL Server by using BCP and DTS utility.
- Used Event Handlers for Exception Handling in SSIS packages.
- Created User defined Functions, Stored Procedures and Triggers using DML and DDL
- Fine-tuning Stored Procedures to improve performance that was achieved by removing unnecessary cursors, temporary tables wherever possible.
- Involved in Data Administration and Database Design. Created Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions.
- Conducted performance tuning by using SQL Profiler and index tuning wizard.
- Helped end users with the ability to access and utilize the data stored in the data mart.
- Involved in SQL user logins, database user accounts, server roles, database roles and its permissions.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, MS SSAS 2005, MS SSIS 2005, DTS, T-SQL, VB Script.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Functions, DTS packages, Triggers, Cursors, Tables, Views, Indexes and other SQL joins and statements for applications. Used system stored procedures and DBCC commands
- Created SSIS package to export and import data fromSQLServer to text files and data files
- Created SSIS Packages and T-SQL Stored Procedures for the ETL Process.
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, BCP, DTS, Instances, Linked Servers and Indexes.
- Created fact and dimension tables as per the business requirements.
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, BCP, DTS, Instances, Linked Servers and Indexes.
- Configured Mail Profile for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a job failed or succeeded.
- Worked on difficult SQL statements and scripts while determining future business needs
- Involved in logical and physical schemas using ERwin.
- Installing packages on multiple servers in SSIS
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint, T-SQL, ETL, XML, Excel, Visual Studio.