- Around 8+ years of experience with MS SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012 and worked extensively on Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS) and Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good knowledge of OLAP tools, building cubes for business analysis using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experience in Installing, Upgrading, Managing, Configuring, Migrating and Troubleshooting MS SQL Server.
- Experience with tools like SQL Server management studio and SQL Server 2014 Integration (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Working experience with DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Data Cleansing, Data Scrubbing and Data Migration
- Good Experience in using ETL Tools such as Data Transformation Services (DTS)/ SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Expert in handling parameterized reports in SSRS 2005.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert, and BCP.
- Expert in creating Parameterized Reports, Drill through and Drill Down reports, Tabular reports, Linked Reports, Sub - Reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Expertise in generating reports using XML, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and Excel spreadsheet.
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and creating various types of reports like Table, Matrix, Drill Down, Drill Through, Parameterized and Cascaded reports. Working knowledge of Tableau, QlikView and Micro strategy
- Automated reporting tasks using MS Access & VBA macros and created new reports given the new capabilities and needs.
- Responsible for performing T-SQL tuning, multi-tasking and optimizing queries for reports which take longer time in execution with SQL Server 2012/ 2014.
- Comprehensively use tools like SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Good Knowledge of normalization/de-normalization of database tables, developing (DDL) and (DML) and building referential integrity for the (RDMS).
- Experience in Migration from MS SQL Server 2005 to MS SQL Server 2008 and MS SQL Server2008 to MS SQL Server 2012.
- Designs and develops databases structures, scripts, transformation (ETL) scripts and standard components.
- Experienced in writing SQL Queries, TSQL, Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, Indexes, and database Triggers.
- Excellent knowledge and Experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors.
- Experience in creating and maintaining Database objects in SQL Server 2014/ 2012/ 2008 in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience in Crystal Reports, Reporting Services for MS SQL Server and SQL Server Agent in Support Services and MDX technologies of Analysis services.
- Experience in Data PULL/Acquisition from upstream level to lower stream level using SSIS packages, Stored Procedures.
- Experience in Database Backup and Recovery procedures to protect the database from data loss due to any failure.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2008R2. Unix, MS Windows (95,98,NT,2000,XP)
SQL Server and Database Tools: Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Power BI, SQL Server Analysis Services, OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)-Cubes, Storage, Data Mining Models, T-SQL, Visual Source Safe, BCP, Enterprise Manager, Profiler and Data Transformation Services, SAS enterprise guide 4.3
Languages: MDX/DMX, VB.Net, VB Script, Transact-SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, DHTML, XML, ASP, C and C++.
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS.
Reporting Packages: SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Import Export Data, Bulk Insert, Business Objects 6.5/XI/XIR2, Crystal reports MS Excel.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000/7.0 , Oracle 9i/8i, MS Access, DB2, Teradata V2R6/V2R5,Teradata SQL Assistant
Data Modeling and Configuration Tools: Erwin, MS Visio, Toad Data Modeler 5.1
Methodologies: Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro, Mercury Quality Center, TOAD (Tool for Application Developers).
Confidential, St Louis, Missouri
Sr. SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Analyzed data by creating simple SQL queries and identified fact and dimension tables.
- Designed mapping using various transformations such as source qualifier, expression, joiner, sorter, union, etc.
- Performed data analysis primarily Identifying data sets, source data, source meta data, data definitions and data formats.
- Designed Physical and Logical Data model and Data flow diagrams.
- Designed, constructed, and tested ETL processes. Created SSIS packages to extract data from the transactional and operational databases, MS transformed the data according to analytical / reporting business needs and loaded the data into a data warehouse or data mart.
- Converted Data Transformation Services (DTS) application to SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) as assigned.
- Creating reports using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) for customized and ad-hoc Queries.
- Implemented business logic utilizing CTEs, temporary tables, table variables, dynamic SQL,and system / aggregate / ranking functions.
- Developed DTSX packages to extract, transform and load into the Campaign database from OLTP database using of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view.
- Assisted in production OLAP cubes, wrote queries to produce reports using SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting service (SSRS).
- Created data mapping document (DMD) by analyzing various OLTP data sources
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for various DBMS.
- Developed dashboard reports using Reporting Services, Report Model and ad-hoc reporting using Report Builder.
- To implement windows authentication for SQL Server instance we use AWS directory service for Microsoft active directory.
- Experience in creating Parameterized reports and Linked reports with a thorough knowledge of report serving architecture. (Table, chart and matrix report)
- Used SSIS to unite data from existing system and performed transformations on MS SQL 2008
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development Using SQL server 2008, SQL 2008 Integration Services (SSIS) with Oracle, MS Access, and flat files.
- Generated several drills down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Expert in creating Star schema cubes using SSAS.
- Extensively worked on OLAP cubes using SSAS.
- Utilize templates to create Perl scripts that are used to schedule the workflows as per business requirement.
- Setting up ODBC connections with Teradata, SAS, SQL servers on the machine to extract data.
- Used SAS/SQLto extract Data from different RDBMS like Teradata, SQL Server and Merging them efficiently.
- Used SAS Datasets that is extracted from SQL Server, Teradata
- Ran SQL queries Via Teradata SQL assistant.
- Use Control-M job scheduling tool to execute the workflow.
- Create Unit test documents and process flow documents using Business Requirements and Design flows.
- Co-ordinate with Data Architects team, to import required source and target tables from specific database schemas.
- Create test data that can be used in Unit testing most efficiently.
- Perform load testing, with vast amounts of data to validate the performance of mapping.
Environment: MS SQL Server2012/ 2014, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), MS Access, Windows 2008 Server, Toad Data Modeler 5.1, SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3, Teradata SQL assistant, PowerPivot, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Web Services, Control-M.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. MS SQL BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Plan, design, and implement application databases code objects, such as stored procedures and views.
- Installed and configured SQL 2014/2008R2 and 2012 servers in clustered and non-clustered environments.
- Developed tabular queries for efficient analysis of report using Pivot/Un pivot in T-SQL
- Designed and Co-designed SQL Database, developed and wrote Macro to read data in Excel spreadsheets to SQL database for data-driven e-Commerce Web Applications.
- Assisted with automation of finance department's manual processes by writing VBA code and using macros and formulas to speed operations and maximize accuracy.
- Created Database Maintenance plans for Full/Differential/Transactional backup Strategies, Disaster Recovery and involved in database partitioning.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Involved in development, enhancement, testing and performance tuning of the application.
- Manage a centralized MS SQL Server 2014, SQL 2012 and 2008R2 Platform consisting of thousands of mission-critical databases.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Created XML Web Services, Managed web service interaction through SOAP and XML messages encryption and consumed Web Services from ASP.NET web applications.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2014 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Experience in working as a member of Data Architecture teams.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to the staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed an action in XML.
- Implement and automate existing manual process, to create CRF by creating new database objects in SQL and macro in excel.
- Developed reports and deployed them on server using SQLServer Reporting Services(SSRS)
- Develop customized Access/SQL databases with fully automated front ends using VBA and SQL, integration with Excel for data importing, cleaning and exporting to interactive reports.
- Involved in creating elevated level ETL architecture for overall data transfer to OLTP, ODS with the help of SQL Server 2014 and Integration services.
- Set up, and maintain the Windows/SQL Server 2016 virtual machines in Amazon (AWS) Cloud that support our customer's application environment deployed in the Amazon Cloud.
- Automated reporting tasks using Excel VBA macros. Test/Updated MS Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, published content and provided security administration to content using Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Provided analysis and recommendations for setting up a comprehensive Backup and Recovery Strategy for SQL Servers.
- Designed ETL packages with the different sources as Flat Files, Excel, Text files, CSV Files, MS Access, Oracle and XML files and migrating the data into SQL Server using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Tuning the performance of the Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions using SQL Server Performance tools.
- Developed Reports, Sub Reports, Parameterized reports, drill down reports and various features using Tableau
- Hand on experience on Oracle database wrote PL/SQL Packages, Store procedure, functions to manipulate data.
- Extract, Transform and Load data from heterogeneous data sources to SQL Server using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Packages.
- Scheduled jobs to run the SSIS packages on a daily basis and monthly basis using SQL Server Agent.
- Supported all production operation activities, with focus on integration and development of new and existing products and services.
- SQL Query Performance Tuning, System Performance Analysis, analyzing the Query Execution Plans, Use SQL Profiler for optimizing the stored procedure.
- Worked on SSAS designing Star Schema and snowflake schema with Facts, Dimensions, Measures, and Cubes.
Environment: MS SQL SERVER 2008/2012/2014 , Tableau 8.0.21/8.0.22 , SSRS, Power BI, SSIS, SSAS, Business Intelligent Studio, SQL SERVER Management Studio, ASP, Crystal Report, ERWIN, T-SQL, Oracle 11g, MS Excel, TFS.
Confidential - Rochester, MN
Power BI/SQL Developer
- Defined and designed the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis.
- Participated in the Data Modeling to generate target database layout used for the data marts.
- Identified, mapped data sources from homogenous data sources to the EDW.
- Created Logical and Physical design of the data warehouse and Operational Database Store (ODS) in SQL Server 2012.
- Imposing security authorizations using Triggers in Oracle PL/SQL, transform, and update data in a database
- Used C# and VB.Net scripting when performing SSIS packages.
- Importing data from multiple databases like MySQL, DB2, and Oracle.
- Utilized SSRS reporting services to generate several types of reports from the database.
- Developing the reports using POWER BI, Power Pivot and SSRS and SSIS, SSAS
- Adding the feeds and Scheduling the jobs
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, CSV, Flat Files, etc.) and loaded the data into target data destination by performing various kinds of transformations
- Designed Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Queries, created indexes, constraints, and rules.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages for loading data from ODS to Data Warehouse.
- Performed various SSIS transformations before loading such as Derived Column, Slowly Changing Dimension, etc.
- Designed dynamic stored procedures to carry out complicated cleaning and data scrubbing transformations.
- Created drill down, linear regression, chart, Geo maps in Power BIand deployed them to Portals.
- Hands-on experience working with SSIS, for ETL process ensuring proper implementation of Event Handlers, Loggings, Checkpoints, Transactions and package configurations.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user environments.
- Frequently used to connect to the health care data marts at different locations using C#.Net and ADO.Net for scheduling jobs.
- Used native tools like Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor and Activity Monitor for performance tuning.
- Implemented and maintained routine DBA tasks like scheduling jobs, creating maintenance plans. Checked servers for optimizations and executed them.
- Troubleshooting blocking issues, deadlocks using blocker scripts, trace flags and activity monitor.
- Implemented new features in SQL Server 2008 like Policy-based Management, Table Compression, Backup Compression, SQL Server Auditing, Resource Governor and Merge statement in T-SQL.
- Performed data partitioning for efficient management of database tables and indexes.
- Extensively working on performance issues like update statistics, Auto Stats.
- Designed and developed SSIS packages using different control flow tasks, data flow task and data transformations.
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting
- Debugged and Deployed SSIS packages in to file system server and MS SQL Server with the help of manifest file, used checkpoints, configuration files, and error logging across multi-environment deployment.
- Experience in the design of data mart with confronted dimension abiding Type 2 changes to be used across the various providers, claims, eligibility, adjustments and plans at the enterprise level for generating system claim reports.
- Designed and built OLAP cubes to meet reporting needs.
- Implemented reporting packages involved Drilldown, Graphs, Subreports, Shared Data sources, and parameterized reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, MS SQL Server Integration Service, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL, Windows XP, Visual Studio 2012, MS-Access 2010, /SQL, MS Visio, SSRS, SSAS,SSIS, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008, Oracle 11g, Jasper Reports 6.1.0 API, SharePoint 2007/2010
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
SQL Server/MSBI Developer
- Implemented complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports.
- Writing queries to generate reports for analysis of data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Builder.
- Used the web form to host Report Viewer in Silverlight.
- Involved in SSAS Cubes design by creating KPI, Actions, and Perspective from the large dataset using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Implemented and Maintained routine DBA tasks like scheduling jobs, creating maintenance plans. Checked servers for optimizations and performed them
- Exported reports from crystal to PDF and Microsoft Excel formats
- Implemented dashboards and scorecards with power pivot for executive management for data insights as per business requirements.
- Production DBA for SQL Server Environment with over 50 Production Servers and 100 Development/ Test Servers and more than 1000 Databases.
- Involved in a significant role and understanding the business requirements and designing and loading the data into a data warehouse (ETL).
- Performed in various projects related to Data Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Worked heavily on SQL Server database to extract data and build Business reports.
- Installed, configured, maintained Tableau Environments; DEV, QA, and Production.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions, and Functions for the reports in SSRS.
- Generated various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports, sub-reports and linked reports using SSRS and integrated into the web front end.
- Created the Data source connections, Data Source Views, Relationships, Named Query for customized analysis in SSAS.
- Project includes extracting, transforming, loading data from ERP database in OLAP cubes
- Implementation of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), design/change/deploy OLAP Cubes.
- Installed MS SQL server 2005 and MS SQL Server 2008 on Windows 2003/2008 servers, applied service packs, and Security fixes. Implementing database standards and naming convention for the database objects.
- Created complex reports using Crystal Reports XI.
- Created SQL Scripts for data loads and upgrades for data migrations and data validations.
- Developed and scheduled DTS packages for each system Interface using SQL code in combination with VB ActiveX scripts and built-in DTS transformations.
- Worked on Data-Driven Subscription Tables for Quarterly Reports, Monthly Reports as well as Daily Reports.
- Identified and added the report parameters and created the reports based on the requirements using SSRS.
- Developed reports by using SSRS and deployed them on web pages using ASP.NET using C#.
- Wrote custom tasks using C# within SSIS to enhance processing of both Excel and flat-files into SQL Server
- Built and published customized interactive dashboards utilizing Excel Power BI.
- Maintained existing Power BI reports and dashboards and made changes to the same as per new and changing business requirements understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Created very complex SSIS Packages with considering all the best practice like error handling, logging, configurations, deployments, maintenance.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, DTS packages, Power Pivot, Visual Studio 2010/2008, Tableau, Crystal reports, Tortoise SVN 1.7.10, Red Gate 10.0, Window 7 Professional, Agile.
SQL Server Developer
- Create databases and database objects tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, rules, defaults, user defined data types and functions in SQL Server 2008R2/ 2008, DB2.
- Implementation of SQL Logins Roles and, Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Checking of logs, windows system monitor alerts.
- Creating users and assigning the respective privileges.
- Created Views to facilitate easy user interface implementation and Triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Worked on client requirement and wrote Complex SQL Queries to generate Crystal Reports.
- Creating and automating the regular Jobs.
- Query Optimization of long-running queries.
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for best performance.
- Automation of maintenance jobs.
- Optimized data retrieval and data modification query that deals with Tables containing a vast amount of data and create indexes to improve the query performance.
- Monitor the automated process for the activities such as database backup processes, and SSIS Packages run sequentially using SQL Server Agent job.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures, and Triggers.
- Configured Database Mirroring Successfully.
- Provide application support to the customers by resolving both server-side and database issues.
- Acting as a bridge in between customers and Engineering team for code related issues.
- Understand the process within the project and resolving the issue with the SLA.
- Coordinate all internal and external communications, notifications, and Bug tracking for outages and upgrades.
- Participate in weekly sync up calls with the service engineers and discussing on ongoing issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008R2, MS Access, MS Excel, SSIS, Crystal Reports, T-SQL, MS Visio, Oracle 10g.