- 8+ years’ experience in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Software Development, Testing, Tableau and Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Excellent experience in Designing, Maintaining & Tuning various RDBMS like T - SQL & MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014, MS Access databases and strong knowledge of SDLC principles.
- Expertise in creating Sub-Queries and Joins for complex queries involving multiple tables, error handling and Exception Handlers used in Stored Procedures, Views and User Defined Functions.
- Excellent experience in creating Indexes, Indexed Views in observing Business Rules and creating Effective Functions and appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Involved in Query Optimization and Performance Tuning using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Stored Procedure Debugger.
- Proficient in SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits, Aggregate, Derived Column, Event Handlers, and Error Handlers etc. and extensively used SSIS to load Data Warehouses.
- Strong experiences to design, deploy, and maintain various SSRS reports in SQL Server.
- Excellent experience in designing and developing stylish and complex reports like reports using Drill Down, Sub Reports, Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports, Chart Reports and ad-hoc reports using Global variables, Expressions and Functions for Business Users using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports on the portal for user accessibility
- Experience in configuration of report server and report manager scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in building and writing MDX Queries, Calculated Members, and KPI’s using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Business Intelligence (SSAS, SSRS).
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS and in adding calculations using Multidimensional Expression (MDX).
- Involved in coding new and maintaining current business applications and systems using SQL.
- Experience in developing testing and debugging.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) along with good organizational skills.
- MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005
- MS SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- MS SQL Analysis Services (SSAS)
- MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- MS SQL Profiler
- SQL Query AnalyzerDatabase engine tuning advisor
- Power DesignerErwin Data Modeler
- Lucid ChartMS Access
- MS Excel, MS Outlook
- MS Visio, MS Project
Sr. MSBI Developer
- Designed SSIS Packages, and/ or enhanced the existing SSIS packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, and Data Flow Task etc. to extract data from disparate sources (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Access and Excel) to generate underlying data for the reports.
- Developed T-SQL query, stored procedures and functions to retrieve data for reporting.
- Validated the daily, weekly, monthly grain transformed data by comparing it with the source system.
- Worked with internal customers to gather and analyze business requirements in order to identify and solve problems.
- Responsible for building the report solution like drill-down, drill-through, and linked reports using SSRS, testing for quality and finally review with the customer to ensure the solution meets requirements.
- Supported the efficient delivery of standard and ad-hoc reports with an emphasis on automating where possible.
- Generated weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the management using different techniques like data filtering, adding interactivity, deploying reports to report server in SSRS.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Business Object, Oracle, Teradata,Excel, MS Access.
Sr. MSBI Developer
- Created Star schema dimensional modeling for the data mart using Visio, and created dimension and fact tables based on the business requirement.
- Designed SSIS packages to Extract data from different sources like SQL server 2012/2008R2,MS Excel, MS Access, transform and then load into Dimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Gathered report requirements from BA and determined the best solution to provide the results in either a Reporting Services report, Analytical Cube or an Excel pivot table.
- Generates SSRS Report through SSIS Package using script component as per business requirement.
- Produced operational reports in SSRS 2012/2008R2 i.e. drill-down, drill-through, dashboard and matrix reports.
- Converted manual reports pasted together into parameter driven stored procedures to be used with Microsoft Reporting Services 2012/2008R2 and attained legacy data to use as a source to develop new reports previously compiled.
- Migrated data from Development to UAT servers and deployed packages to different servers.
- Translated XML Input file data to another XML from consumed by UI.
- Responded to ad hoc requests and special projects that require immediate attention while at the same time and maintained deadlines on existing requests.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2008, ExcelT-SQL, Visio.
Sr. MSBI Developer
- Created SSIS packages to clean data from various sources (Flat File, CSV files, Excel Spreadsheets, MS Access, XML, Oracle etc.) using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc., to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data to data warehouse.
- Created Cubes and populated them with Dimensions and Facts from the Staging Database.
- Scheduled Cube Processing from Staging Database Tables using SQL Server Agent. Created KPI Objects in line with Requirement Docs and optimized cubes for better query performance.
- Implemented Calculated Members and Actions such as URL Actions, Report Actions and Drill Through Actions in SSAS 2008.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through, Parameterized and Linked reports.
- Deployed and scheduled Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Used Notification services to generate error messages and send them to the user through e-mails, pager messages, and PDA as well as window messengers.
- Created ad-hoc reports, drill down, and drill through reports.
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Created and tuned stored procedures, triggers and tables and created several materialized views and UDF’s to be accessed by the new front end applications.
- Successfully tested all task in staging and stored all versions of data using team foundation server (TFS).
Environment: s: SQL Server 2008R2/2008, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, BIDS, T-SQL.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Sr. Application Developer
- Developed SSIS packages using Fuzzy Look Up and Fuzzy Grouping for data cleansing purpose.
- Used SSIS Variables for storing the values, which are used in various components of Data Flow Task.
- Developed Unit Test Plans for SSIS packages for checking the functionality of each component.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Developed Aggregations, Partitions and Calculated Members for cube as per business requirements.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS 2008.
- Worked on formatting SSRS reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Created Parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard.
- Responsible for Monitoring and Tuning Report performance.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2008, BIDS 2005, SQL Server Reporting services 2008, Integration Services 2005, Analysis Services 2005, Oracle9i, DB2.
Confidential - New York, NY
Junior SQL Developer
- Assisted with the development of logical database designs, data models and relational database definitions.
- Wrote SQL queries to populate data from different tables, which could be used for reports.
- Created SSIS packages including a variety of transformations, for example, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast, and Data Conversion.
- Created drill down reports by linking data from Data Warehouse Cubes using SSRS 2005.
- Deployed the generated reports on the server.
- Monitored the table-spaces for the production databases on daily basis and increasing the sizes if required.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, SSIS, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SSRS 2005, Report Manager, Report Viewer, Oracle 9i, Excel, Outlook 2003, Microsoft Visual Source Safe(VSS) 2005.