- Good Business and System analysis skills to understand the requirements and customize client applications.
- Conversant with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation.
- Experience in analytical Database Design and Data Modeling skills using MS Visio and ERWIN.
- Expert in ETL - Extraction Transformation Loading/SSIS, Data warehousing, Operations Data Store concepts, data marts and OLAP-Online Analytical Processing technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, ETL/SSIS processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Experienced in designing high level ETL/SSIS architecture, creating, configuring and fine tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS/SSIS for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP/EDW with the help of SSIS.
- Expert in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data Source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005.
- Expert in developing Drill through and Drill down reports using Crystal Reports and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Sound experience in design and development of GIS Applications, financial applications including loan management, Currency management, equity calculation and integrating .Net application with other ERP application like SAP and SAGE
- Experience in developing Windows applications using .Net Framework3.5, 2.0 involved in C# .Net 2003, 2005 and 2008, VB.NET, Win forms, Crystal report, SQL Reporting Services, WCF and Web Services.
Sr. SQL Server /SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/ETL Developer
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from fixed length flat file and validated and transformed data into corresponding data types.
- Created TSQL functions and stored procedure that can identify tables, columns and generate TSQL query to automatically map data to the column (Depending on mapping specifications daily MCEF files/weekly MCEF/Supplementary/Composite files).
- Did Performance tuning to the query using query analyser.
- Written C# script task to redirect different dataflow depends on various files types using script components in SSIS Packages.
- Used SSIS events handlers to log the rejected data and execution failures to the rejection and error logs tables.
- Data Sourcing, Data Mapping, Transforming and importing the data is done through the ETL SSIS packages.
- Used ETL (SSIS) package to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Design Data mart (Pharmacy Claim/Medical Claim) and Source to Target Mapping sheet.
- Worked with Data architect in the design of Dimensional database schemas and created conceptual, physical and logical data model using BIDS
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill-through, Parameterised and Sub-Report (Jump start enrollment and pharmacy claim related reports) using RDL and deployed to the production and test environment.
- Involved in Analyzing, compiling, verifying, extracting, converting, validating data for any data inconsistencies and errors.
- Created complex TSQL Database views, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Redesigned and implemented a dimensional data model.
- Developed ETL scripts to find files matching a pattern in an inbound folder files and created audit log and error handling at task level.
- Created Functional and technical design documents together with design document and unit test plans and test scripts
- Created and Scheduled jobs to run parallel for various company code in enterprise manager using job scheduling agent.
- Imported data to excel sheets and resolved various issues like cell and row merging from SSRS reports.
Tools: & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2012,SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, SSMS, Visual Studio 2012, MS Office 2013, SQL Profiler, Windows 8/2007/2003/XP,.Net 4.5/4.0, ADO.NET 3.5,Team foundation Server,C#.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
Sr.SQL Server /SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/ETL Developer
- Translated business needs into data analysis, business intelligence data sources and reporting solutions for different types of Clients.
- Involved in preparing Technical specification document based on the BRD and interact with the Business Analyst to analyze and understand the Business needs.
- Created various SQL objects such as schema, tables, field definitions and mappings, stored procedures, CTE, Triggers, views and indexes/keys.
- Involved in compiling of store procedures in SQL server and troubleshoot errors.
- Created documents for code review in test and prod server.
- Used complex query statements like sub queries, correlated queries, derived tables, CASE functions to insert the data depending on the criteria into the tables of hub.
- Conducted performance tuning of complex SQL queries and stored procedures by using SQL Profiler and index tuning wizard.
- Created SSIS package to load data from XML Files and SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2012 by using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Involved in maintaining batch log tables and error logging tables to handle errors using event handlers.
- Created Dynamic SSIS Packages using package configuration, variables and expressions to load data in various environments.
- Involved in creating dynamic reports using SSRS for the monthly Claims and details of all locations, generated report models using report builder for the end users.
- Worked with Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and success.
Tools: & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2014,SSIS, SSAS, SSRS 2008,T-SQL,SSMS,ANSI-SQL, Visual Studio 2013, MS Office 2010/2007, SQL Profiler, Windows 2007/2003/XP,.Net 4.5/4.0, ADO.NET 4.0,Team foundation Server.
SQL Server /SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/ETL Developer
- Create SSIS package to execute batch process that encrypt the client information and transfer data to the client location using FTP.
- Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2012 and SSIS in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Developed C# console application to extract the data from facet DB and schedule the task loading staging table to run at night every day.
- Used Caching (Cache Technology) for fast retrieval of data to generate reports against data warehouse.
- Successfully migrated data between different heterogeneous sources such as flat file, Excel and SQL Server 2012 using SSIS, BCP and Bulk Insert.
- Create when required and modified already existing stored procedures, triggers, views, indexes.
- Deployed SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Designed and created views for security purposes, implemented rules, defaults, and user defined data types.
- Loading data from various sources like OLEDB, flat files to SQL Server database Using SSIS Packages and created data mappings to load the data from source to destination.
- Created the automated processes for the activities such as database backup processes and SSIS Packages run sequentially using SQL Server Agent job.
- Created traces using SQL server profiler to find long running queries and modify those queries as a part of Performance Tuning operations.
- Created and Designed Data Source and Data Source Views Using SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 (SSAS).
- Created and Configured OLAP Cubes (Star Schema and Snow flex Schema) using SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services (SSAS).
Tools: & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2012,SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL,, ANSI-SQL,SSMS, Visual Studio 2012, MS Office 2013, SQL Profiler, Windows 2007/2003/XP,.Net 4.5/4.0, ADO.NET 3.5,Team foundation Server,Java.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
Senior SQL Server /SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/ETL Developer
- Installed and configured Data Quality server.
- Created various domain and maintain knowledge base to increase the quality of the knowledge base in DQS.
- Created SSIS package and run cleansing to make sure data’s are complete, valid and accurate.
- Integrated Sql server with Oracle using Oracle Net.
- Extracted data using SSIS packages (ETL) from different server locations and data sources.
- Designed and implemented Data Integration and ETL processes with SSIS packages to make data available for reporting purpose within a data warehouse.
- Involved in designing cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schemas.
- Implemented the Data Cleansing using various transformations such as Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Fuzzy grouping, Derived Column and DQS.
- Involved in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and querying the data with MDX script.
- Defined MDX scripts for querying the data from OLAP cubes (SSAS) and build reports on top of cubes.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose critical issues with SSAS Cubes. building SSAS cubes with complex data (dimensions, measures, data source views)
- Performance tuning, deploying and processing SSAS cubes
Tools: & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2 SSIS, SSAS, SSRS 2008, ANSI-SQL,Oracle 11i, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2014, MS Office 2007/2003, SQL Profiler, Windows 2000/2003/XP,.Net 4.0, ADO.NET 3.5/3.0.
Confidential, Richmond VA
SQL Server /SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/ETL Developer/SQL DBA
- Involved in extracting the data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Involved in Deployment and Administration on SSIS packages with Business Intelligence development studio.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Compared the discrepancies between SQL script and SSIS package which are transitioning from manual to automate.
- Enforced data consistency by adding data viewer to the transformations and created dynamic packages by using variables to store the data into SQL.
- Involved in maintaining batch log tables and error logging tables to handle errors using event handlers.
- I was involved in building the reports Mortgage Qualifier, Mortgage Refinance Analysis, Mortgage APR, Mortgage Loan using SSRS.
- Worked on version Control using visual source safe.
Tools: & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, SSIS,SSAS,SSRS 2008, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008, MS Office 2007/2003, SQL Profiler, Windows 2000/2003/XP,WCF,ADO.NET 3.5/3.0,ASP.NET 3.5/3.0,Java.
Confidential, New York, NY
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Created SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML (Extensible Markup Language) Files, SQL Server, Excel and Access to SQL Server.
- Involved in upgrading packages from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects (views, indexes, etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008.
- Created SSIS (SQL Server Integration Service) packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages and handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data.
- Responsible for optimizing all indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve the quality of software.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Developed complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2008.
- Used “SQL Profiler TSQL Duration” template for tracking execution time of TSQL Statements.
Tools: & Technologies: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, SSIS,SSAS,SSRS 2008, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2008, MS Office 2007/2003, SQL Profiler, Windows 2000/2003/XP,ADO.NET 3.5/3.0,ASP.NET 3.5/3.0.