- Over 6+ years of Data Warehousing experience with Business Intelligence Tableau 10.5/10.0/9.0/8.0/7.0 ,, SAS, SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office as a Developer/Analyst in various companies
- Involved in creating Visualizations, Dashboards and Workbooks, Stories as needed using Tableau Desktop and publishing on Tableau Server, creating Reports with appropriate design and layout as per requirements from End user using Tableau
- Extensive knowledge in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors..
- Involved in writing Complex SQL Queries and creating Custom Reports in Tableau, Testing of Tableau Reports including Data Validation with different Test scenarios before publishing on Tableau Server
- Experience transforming complex business requirements into rich data visualizations using Tableau.
- Connecting to different types of files like Excel, Microsoft Access, Text files and different Servers like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, Teradata.
- Knowledge in Data Joining, Blending of data, Cross data joins from different data sources.
- Extensively worked in creating Complex Filters and Calculated felids for Complex reports.
- Worked with Live Connections, Extract, Data Source Filters, Global Filters, Quick Filters, Parameters, Context Filters, Action Filters, Sets and Groups
- Experience in Tableau Desktop for Analysis and Data Visualizations; Tabular Reports, Tree Maps, Heat Maps, Line Charts, Area Charts, Dual Axis Charts, Geographic Maps, Pie Charts, different types of Bar Charts, Bump Charts, Water Fall Charts, Butterfly Charts, Donut Charts, Pyramid Charts, Page Trails and Density Chart.
- Involved in Creation of SAS Datasets from raw data using joins, set, merge, creating SAS daily and monthly Reports along with charts and Graphs as per requirements from the Clients and extensively used Advanced SAS, Base SAS, SAS/SQL, on Analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing of various projects
- Manipulating, cleansing & processing data using Excel, Access, SQL and SAS.
- Extensive used Tabadmin and Tab cmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository. Implemented flexible view of dashboard by using tableau.
- Created incremental refreshes for data sources on Tableau server.
- Improved Dashboards performance in Tableau using Extracts, using appropriate filters like Data source filters and Context filters.
- Knowledge to design right solutions with appropriate combination of Azure and custom technologies for deploying on Azure cloud.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Built data warehouse for Microsoft Adventure works 2012 database
- Created a Star Schema (Facts & Dimensions) using Extract, Transform, Load process (SSIS).
- Developed & loaded a dimensional model Data warehouse which is useful for OLAP purposes.
- Experience in using published data sources and Data blending techniques.
- Create Views with Formatting or standard templates, Applying sorts, calculations
- Involved in requirement gathering from user through meetings, understanding the business from end user and technical perspective.
- Extensive Experience in working with Tableau technical support, troubleshooting, report design and monitoring of the server usage.
- Extensively worked on databases like Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and DB2.
- Strong written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Excellent Analytical, logical and Programming Skills.
- Experience in working in Water fall, Agile
- Exposure to Amazon web services (AWS)
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Experience in documenting the testing process using MS - Office tools including MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-Project.
TECHNICAL SKILLS visualizations/Reporting tools: Tableau Desktop/ Server 10.310.1//9.3/9.1/9.0/8.0 Tableau reader/Public
Programming/Scripting Languages: SQL, TSQL,PL/SQL, Teradata
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , IBM, Postgre SQL, DB2, Teradata, Postgres Sql, SAS MS Access 2003, Oracle11g/10g/9i/8i.
Methodologies: Waterfall, SCRUM and Agile, Complete Software Development Life Cycle, Iterative, Scrum.
Operating Systems: Windows/Mac
Web Tools: PowerShell, Batch Python.
Productivity Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project, Erwin
Lead Tableau Developer
- Worked in coordination with Clients for feasibility study of the project in Tableau and drawing up the timelines and DB Teams for designing the database as per project requirement
- Created Users, User Groups and Projects through Tableau server Web and assigned roles and permissions for Tableau Users
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on the new changes to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately
- Created complex Executive dashboards using Tableau Desktop that was published for the business stakeholders for analysis and customization using filters and actions
- Implemented various data connections from data source toTableauServer for report and dashboard development
- Migrated the PowerBi Servicing Reports to the Tableau
- Worked on different areas of business servicing, Consumer lending,HR,Captial Markets
- Quarterly reports by creating multiple queries, sub queries, and merged dimensions, ranking features in single report
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Expert in creating a dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures.
- Extensively involved in creating graphs and charts by using measures and dimensions data from various databases by using joins and blending.
- Advanced Tableau experience from dashboard design and development. Expertise with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, Level-of-Detail (LOD) expression
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters, groups, sets, filters In Tableau
- Involved in creating guided navigation links for Interactive dashboards in Tableau
- Involved in testing dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user groupdiscussionsas well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups
Environment: Tableau Desktop 2018.2.0, Tableau Server, MS Office 2007/2010, SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11g, Windows 7, Microsoft Excel, Power point,PowerBi
- Captured requirements by white boarding with BA's and Product Managers
- Developed clutter free Tableau dashboards for various product lines and departments.
- Set up tableau data sources and refresh schedules in server
- Played many key roles in this project like Developer, Analyst
- Designed clean, easy to use, intuitive dashboards considering end user needs
- Effectively utilized Tableau features like parameters, calculated fields, filters to provide efficient data visualization solutions to the customer.
- Effectively used Tableau Marks to visualize data
- Used Custom SQL to manage complex data requirements from legacy systems and OLTP/OLAP systems
- Upgraded the existing server version to Tableau 10.4 and successfully migrated existing workbooks and data sources
- Worked extensively in creating dashboards using Tableau Desktop and published them on Tableau Server.
- Tableau dashboard layouts were effectively used to give interactive visual analysis experience to the end user.
- Handled the huge data volume by using Tableau extracts
- Used advanced concepts - blending, LOD to meet the customer requirements
- Used dashboard filter actions, forecasting, table calculations to meet user requirements.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for daily and monthly increments
- Experience in setting up and using background image as Map
- Worked with the data architects and ETL team to finalize the data model and transformations for the data mart
- Assisted QA team in understanding business process and helped them in successful completion of Unit Testing and Integration Testing
- Defined and used best practices for Tableau UI design
- Coordinate with user to gather the reporting requirements.
- Involved in building the ETL architecture and Source to Target mapping to load data into Data warehouse.
- Created mapping documents to outline data flow from sources to targets.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto Data warehouse.
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data by using SSIS.
- Extracted source data from flat files, Oracle and loaded to Dimensions in Oracle.
Environment: Tableau Server, Tableau 9.x, Tableau 10.4, ETL, SQL Server, Oracle 10, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Involved in analyzing the user requirements and transform them into Tableau Dashboards and Reports.
- Interacted with business to collect and understand Requirements
- Created Tableau worksheet, which involves Schema Import, Implementing the business logic by customization.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both Tableau and Excel.
- Worked on Motion chart, Bubble chart, Drill down analysis using Tableau Desktop.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like text tables, bar, pie, tree maps, heat maps, line charts, pivot tables, combination charts in Excel and SSRS.
- Worked extensively with advanced analysis is Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Tested reports, uploaded tableau dashboards on to server, and provided production support for Tableau users.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Defined and created procedures to install Tableau desktop in silent mode and best practices for Tableau report development.
- Translated the business needs into system requirements by communicating with the business on non-technical level and with the System Analyst on technical level.
- Working on the SQL tuning and optimization of the Business Objects reports.
- Arranged walkthrough sessions with the user group and to confirm that all the requirements have been captured and obtained sign off on the requirements documents.
- Created different KPI's using Table calculations and calculated key figures(Manipulating strings, arithmetic calculations, aggregation options and Logical functions)
- Defined appropriate Hierarchies, measure groups, and KPIs & deployed cubes.
- Created different reports like tabular, matrix, ad-hoc, drill down and drill through reports.
- Provided Production support to Tableau users and Wrote Custom SQL to support business requirements.
- Involved in administrative tasks such as creating and managing Sites, setting permissions, managing ownerships and providing access to the users using user filters and adding them to the specific group.
Environment: Tableau 10.1 Tableau Server, MS SQL server 2014, MS Access, MS Excel, Teradata, Oracle databases, UNIX, SQL BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS), MS Office, T-SQL, Visual Studio 2010
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau Dashboard and prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Responsible for interaction with business stakeholders, gathering requirements and managing the delivery. Analysis, Development and Customization of the Application and implementing requirements for the project.
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Involved in conducting trainings to user on interact, filter, sort and customize views on an existing visualization generated thru Tableau desktop.
- Created Advance connections, join new tables, create & manage Extract and Monitor Queries using SQL Developer.
- Creation of new datasets from raw data files using Import Techniques and modifying existing datasets using Set, Merge, Sort, Update for Analysis in SAS.
- Developed parameter and dimension-based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards, Heat maps using show me functionality.
- Created complex data views manually using multiple measures also used sort, Filter, group, Create Set functionality.
- Used SAS to extract transform & load source data from raw data files.
- Published Reports, workbooks & data source to server and exporting the reports in different Format
- Used URLs, Hyperlinks, Filters for developing Complex dashboards.
- Worked creating Aggregations, calculated Fields, Table calculations, window function, Totals, percentages using Key Performance Measures (KPI) and Measure
- Generate KPI for customer satisfaction survey results.
- Maintained Test log and Wrote Test Evaluation, Summary Reports.
- Extensively involved in doing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Generated Test Cases for each specification in Requirement Specification Document corresponding to each module.
- Generated the test plan specifying an overview of testing approach, testing strategy, roles, responsibilities and its scope.
- Analyzed user and business requirements attended periodic meetings for changes in the application requirements and documents.
- Performed Parallel Testing or Production Testing, which ensures that the new system will perform correctly in a production environment and interface correctly with other production systems.
- Participated in the User Acceptance Warranty Testing. Involved in doing security and negative testing of the application.
Environment: Tableau Desktop, Tableau server, MS-Excel, Oracle 11g, Hadoop Big Data, Toad, Jira, Microsoft office Suite.
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Participated in Tableau installation and configuration with Standalone and Distributed environment.
- Created Users, User Groups and Projects through Tableau server Web and assigned roles and permissions for Tableau Users.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Published Tableau workbooks (.TWB) from Tableau desktop to Tableau Server.
- Worked with Tableau data Extract (.TDE).
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau Server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Restricted data for particular users using Row level security and User filters.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed Tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using Data Blending
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
Environment: Tableau server, SQL Server 2008/2008 R2, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Excel.
Confidential, Englewood, CO
- Involved in full project lifecycle of SDLC and coordinated with all project teams.
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts & End Users and gathered business requirements.
- Responsible for writing Business Requirements Document,Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications Document.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing system, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Implemented the Tableau projects using Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Designed & developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop, allowing executive management to view past, current and forecast sales data.
- Created multiple Visualization reports/dashboards using Dual Axes charts, Histograms, Filled map, Bubble chart, Bar chart, Line chart, Tree map, Box and Whisker Plot, Stacked Bar etc.,
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from ODS to related destination databases.
- Integrated Tableau Desktop to OBIEE to recuse the metadata layer and calculations and incorporated tableau views in OBIEE dashboards using iframes.
- Migrated data using different SSIS packages and integrated data into the data warehouse.
- Created and administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau Server.
- Created dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Created advanced analytical dashboards using Reference Lines, Bands and Trend Lines.
- Experience in different formatting techniques, using Annotations and Mark Label.
- Developed effective and interactive Dashboards using Parameters and Actions.
- Setting the user permissions in Tableau Sever.
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Prepared proof of concept for best practices in Tableau deployment.
- Provided business solutions by analyzing various trends, risks and patterns in the data using interactive reports.
- Extensively used advanced filters, groups, actions, complex calculations in Tableau Desktop
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Created dashboards and reports for ad-Hoc Reporting.
- Played an important role in coordination with the entire team and managing the time estimates for the entire project.
- Used SQL tools like Toad and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and marts.
- Provided post implementation production support.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop/ Server), Teradata, SQL developer, MS SQL Server, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Teradata SQL Assistant, Toad, MS Access, Windows