- Skilled IT professional with 8+ years’ IT experience, looking for a position in areas of Software Configuration Management, Version Control, Build and Release management, Change management, Cloud Integration. Well versed with deadline pressures, superior analytical, time - management, collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Linux System Administration, Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end-to- end code configuration, building binaries & deployments and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment Configurations.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Experience with Jenkins as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool and strong expertise with Ant and Maven Build Frameworks.
- Experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) solutions.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in and managing Maven repositories.
- Involved in ARTIFACTORY Repository Managers for MAVEN and ANT.
- Extensive experience with AWS (Storage, Application Services, Deployment and Management) and managed servers on AWS platform instances using Ansible, Chef Configuration management.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Datadog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack, Elastic Search.
- Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Experience in managing infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN (Subversion).
- Proficient in setting up and configuring Baselines, Branching, Merging, and Backup through Subversion(SVN) and GIT.
- Monitor, build and deploy software releases and provide support for production deployments.
- Configured JENKINS Monitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Experience in working with automation tools like CHEF and ANSIBLE.
- Used Ansible as configuration management tool and has written several playbooks for server provisioning, configuration management, software installation and deployment activities.
- Used Ansible for configuring and managing multi-node configuration management over SSH and PowerShell.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning.
- Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL andSQLServer by usingPL/SQLfor data integrity.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Apache Tomcat and Web Logic Server.
- Configured and Deployed application packages on to the Apache Tomcat server. Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams.
- WorkedwithIAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes for container management.
- Experience of working with the release and deployment of large-scale Java/J2EE Web applications.
- Experience in building & deploying Java/SOA applications and troubleshooting any build & deploy failures.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Power shell.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy and Bugzilla.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Ability to quickly understand, learn and implement the new system design, data models in a professional work environment.
DevOps (6 years), Linux (7 years), Perl (6 years), Amazon Web Services (4 years), Automation (7 years), SCM (6 years), Git (6 years), scripting (7 years), Windows Server (3 years), Webserver (3 years), Azure (2 years).
Cloud/Virtualization Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure,PivotalCloudFoundry
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN.
Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgre SQL, SQL Server, No SQL.
CI Tools: Jenkins.
Config Management Tools: Chef, Ansible.
Bug/Issue Tracking: JIRA, ServiceNow.
Web/ Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web logic
Operating Systems: Windows Family, RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS
Scripting/Programing Languages: shell,Ruby, Python, C, SQL, Java Script.
Other Tools: Putty, Nagios.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Use agile methodology throughout the project. Involved in weekly and daily bases release management.
- Working with a strong team of architectures, backend developers to gather function and non-functional requirements.
- Involved in creating highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS cloud by using various AWS services like EC2, VPC, Auto scaling, ELB, RDS, Route53.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management.
- Optimized the EC2 instances run time using Lambda functions and ColudWatch events.
- Involved in performing application deployment toAWSElasticBeanStack environment.
- Configured & deployed Java applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a multitude of applications utilizing theAWSstack, cloud formation.
- Used the command line interface to manage apps, services in PivotalCloudFoundryas well as Apps manager.
- Create, bind the user defined and built in services in PivotalCloudFoundry(PCF).
- Build, Test and deploy applications by using pivotalcloudfoundry.
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins
- Built & Deployed Java/J2EE to web application server in agile continuous integration environment and automated Labelling activities in TFS once deployment is done.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Working knowledge of several types of configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible.
- Involved in phases of testing for example Integration testing, Smoke testing Performance testing and Load testing. We are also using inbuilt test cases in Jenkins and running those tests on master branch.
- Developed build & deployment scripts using MAVEN. Automated the process using plugins available Jenkins and move from one environment to other throughout the build pipeline.
- We are driving towards continuous integration and continuous delivery using Jenkins and Ansible for docker image building and deployment.
- Configuring ‘nginx’ for proxy RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef recipes& cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Worked on Installation and Configuration of Chef Server and Chef-client (Nodes)
- Deployed and maintained infrastructure using Chef cookbooks and recipes.
- Produced scripts for viable combination ofJIRAapplications with different tools.
- Customized bothJIRAand Confluence to integrate into the pre-existing systems with an eye towards making the programs extensions of their systems, and not hindrances to their systems.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Experience in usingSQL,PL/SQLstored procedures, indexes, materialized views, shell scripting, partitioned and non-portioned tables, packages and triggers for improved performance of the database.
- Deployment and management of many servers via script and chef, utilizing cloud providers as a direct substrate for implementation.
- Deploying and managing many servers utilizing both traditional and cloud oriented providers (AWS) with the Chef platform configuration system.
- Used ANT and Python scripts to automate the Build and deployment process. Used maven for few modules.
- Create, manage, and delete users and groups as per the request using Amazon Identity and Access Management.
- Monitoring each service deployment, and validating the services across all environments.
- Active participant in scrum meetings, reporting the progress and maintain effective communication with each team member and manager.
Environment: Git, Jenkins, Maven, nginx, Ansible, AWS, VPC, Shell scripting, Apache Tomcat, chef and python.
Confidential, Salt Lake, UT
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash
- Experience of writing & managing Chef Scripts& using Linux automated deployments using Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts and monitoring checks.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s
- Have experience of working with Docker- docker hub, pulling images from docker hub, running containers based on an image, creating Dockerfile to manage customized containers, exposing a container with port redirect, container volume management, docker inspect, docker commit to capture the file changes/settings into a new image and pushing the image to docker hub
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Used Ruby Rspec framework and wrote test cases for regression and to resolve refactoring problems.
- POC on Implementing AWS Kinesis based consumers in Lambda and pipeline data to a data lake while allowing real time analytics using DynamoDB and ordering based on the location of mobile users and ordering trends
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, and EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups and OpsWorks.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Creating Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash&Kibana stacks.
- Experience with Nagios/Observium/NewRelic monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that were risen during the deployments in different environments.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, Kinesis, VPC, IAM, Tomcat Apache, Micro-Services, Cloud Watch, New Relic, Git, Linux, ELK Stack, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible, JVM etc.
Confidential, St Louis, MO
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven in Linux environment.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes.
- Testing of cookbooks with chef-spec.
- Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI.
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Databags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, Testing docs
- AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Using CloudTrail, CloudPassage,Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Integration of Maven, Jenkins, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, andCloudFoundry.
- Installed the Ear, War files usingXLdeploy &XLreleaseand Integrated Jenkins withXLdeploy &XL release.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN,ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation and Involved in the migration of code from SVN to GIT.
- Developed vRA deployment blueprints, designed and developed VMWare Orchestrator Custom Workflows with the focus on vRA extensibility and REST API third-party integration to other systems of record and demand for services.
- Performance tuning, Monitoring, Capacity planning and Alerting system implementation with VMWarevRealizeOperations Manager and its integration with VMWarevRealize, Automation Center,vRealizeLog Insight, Splunk, IBM Tivoli.
- Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX Scripts, OraclePL/SQLbuild and deployment.
- Managed a cloud platform base on the Lambda architecture includingKafka, Spark, and Cassandra.
- Involved in scrum ceremonies (stand-up, grooming, planning, demo/review and retrospective) with the teams to ensure successful project forecasting and realistic commitments.
- Involved in scrum meetings, product backlog and other scrum activities and artifacts in collaboration with the team.
- Implemented and maintainedSalesforce.com including custom objects, fields, reports, dashboards, and templates.
- UsedSalesforceConnect to access product information stored on an external system.
- Experience withSSRS(tabular reports, parameterized reports, drilldown, drill through, sub reports, charts etc.)
- Experience in transforming unstructured data from various data sources usingSSISlike Conditional Split, Lookup, Merge Join and Sort.
- Migrating the data to respective DEV and QA Oracle database before doing code roll-out.
- UtilizedSQLDeveloper and Toad forPL/SQL, database updates, and row/column data tracking during testing.
- Created Security Groups, configuring Inbound/Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pairs.
- Used Elastic Load balancers andAutoscalinggroups to handle the traffic at peak times.
- Generated Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Used tracking tool JIRA and triaged the issues and maintained bugs using JIRA tool.
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build environment.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Nexus and Sonar.
- Gathered all the stakeholder approvals, necessary signoffs while acting as a release manager for two development teams.
Environment: Solaris, Linux, Eclipse, Java, SQL, SSIS/SSRS AWS,Python, Subversion, Bash, Hudson, Apache Kafka, Cloud Foundry, Java/J2EE, ANT, XL deploy and release, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet, ClearCase, JIRA, XML, Jenkins.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Rapid deployment method using Ansible to auto deploy servers as needed.
- Used Ansible to run ad-hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks and written playbooks.
- Protected encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault.
- Experience with Ansible Tower to more easily manage enterprise Ansible deployments
- Worked with Ansible in conjunction with Vagrant in a DevOps environment.
- Proficient with Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for application build and deployments.
- Developed the build CI/CD pipeline script using different programming languages like Shell and Python and secure them withApacheKafka,ApacheNifi and Agile methodologies.
- ImplementedVPCpeering connection to access the entire CIDR block of the peerVPCwithout any restriction.
- ImplementedAWSclient API to interact with different services as Console configuration forAWS EC2.
- UsedAWSLambda to manage the servers and run the code in theAWS.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source control management systems such as Subversion, Git / GitHub / Gerrit,ClearCase.
- Designed, created and maintained a completebuild-release environment forC, C++ compilers.
- Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT. Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn's come from the developer.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Wrote batch scripts for compiling csproj files and creating Solution files and WSP files for deployingASP.NETand Share point application.
- Maintained build management by modifying Nant and MS Build for all .Netapplications to include new components and changes.
- Deployed .NETapplications on IIS 7.5 and IIS 8.0 server.
- DeployedAsp.net(MVC) and Java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Manage 30+SalesforceOrganizations.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and ClearCase.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Apache MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Expertise in troubleshooting techniques of JVMusingThread,heapdumpsand analysisusingeclipseMAT.
- Build and maintainSQLscripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible forChangeManagementactivities, to include new business planning, leading regularchangecontrol meetings, prevention and detection of unauthorized migration to production environments.
- UsedXLReleaseOrchestration tools for continuous integration and management of several tasks in deployment process.
- Performed workload analysis on prod system based on APM/RUMtools and come up with workload to be simulated in pre-production environment.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Led design and implementation of Monitoring and Alerting for Cloud with vCenter Operations (vCOPs) as "single pane of glass" solution for FlexPod. Installed vCOPS adapters to monitor NetApp storage, Cisco Nexus 5000 switches.
Environment: SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, SQL, Chef, vCenter Operations (vCOPs), Apache Tomcat, shell, Kafka, Cloud Foundry, Puppet, JIRA, Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, Windows, Python, Linux, Unix, Git, ClearCase.
- Worked as a Systems Administrator onRed Hat 3/4, CentOS ¾ and Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04) servers.
- Worked on Applying patches, installed monitoring tools, and upgradedBIOSon HPC Clusters.
- Scheduled users to performHigh Performance Computingactivities on the Linux cluster.
- Created users and groups and assigned them appropriate quotas and ACLs as per company requirement.
- Experience managing and tuningMySQLand writing SQL scripts.
- Identified and solved any issues or errors.
- Installed and configuredNagiosmonitoring tool to manage infrastructure.
- Applied patches and supportedLinux Servers with Oracle Database servers.
- Worked onKernel tuningand Kernel patching.
- Monitored System Performance, Tuned and optimized systems for better performance.
- Managed Disk usingLVM, resized disk space when required. Managed disk space fromNetApp filers
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients withNTP server.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
- Provided 24/7-support coverage, pager support and weekend support.
Environment: RHEL (3.x & 4.x), Centos (3.x, 4.x), Ubuntu (6.06, 7.04), Netapp, NTP, Nagios, MySQL, SQL, HPC.