- Around 8 years of extensive experience in analyzing, designing, developing, installing, configuring, managing, upgrading, migrating, backup/restore, monitoring and troubleshooting and deploying MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including DTS, Confidential Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Expert Knowledge of Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment.
- Experience in ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in creating jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and scheduledDTS and SSIS Packages.
- Experience in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Merge and Union all.
- Experience in Error handling by using Event handlers and also provide custom logging for SSIS packages.
- Experience in data analysis and data migration by transferring them using SSIS packages.
- Experience in developing end to end complex dynamic SSIS Packages.
- Experience in developing reports on SSAS & SSRS on SQL Server (2000/2005/2008/2012 ). Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Experiencing in creating reports using cubes.
- Expert in creating the MDX cubes and dimensions and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Experience in Every stage of Report authoring, managing, developing, deploying.
- Experience in enhancing the Reports visually by adding the visual elements like charts, graphs, and gauges.
- Experience in creating data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Experience in generating Client Side Report, Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill down Reports, Parameterized Reports, Ad - hoc Reports, and Stylish Reports usingSQL ServerReporting Services (SSRS).
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Hands on Experience in Performance Point 2010.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, User Defined Functions, views, indexes, user profiles, Relational Database models, Data integrity, query writing and SQL joins.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, understand business requirements in various domains.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), .Net, XML,SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Performance Tuning, Data Modeling, SQL Server Data Design, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Micro Strategy, DBA,MS Performance Point
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 , Tableau, Oracle 8i, 9i/10g, SharePoint MS Access 97/2000,DB2
Languages: T-SQL, C#
Operating Systems: Windows server 2003, Windows 2000 advanced server, Windows 95/98/NT/4.0/2000/ XP/Vista/7,UNIX
Confidential, Redmond, WA
BI/MS SQL Server/SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Responsible for Gathering business requirements from the business teams.
- Extensively worked on Data Flow transformations like for each loop container, Execute process task, Transfer SQL Server Objects task, Transfer Jobs task, Transfer Logins task.
- Worked with SSIS packages involved FTP tasks, Slowly Changing Dimension, Fuzzy Grouping, Merge, Merge joining, Pivot, Unpivot Control Flow Transformations.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Extensively designed and developed hourly, daily, weekly and monthly flash reports using Power Pivot in Excel.
- Ensured the data quality and consistency across various databases in the Answer desk system.
- Communicating effectively and promptly with the offline team and peers about the technical and business details required for the project.
- Designed and developed the Score Card for Answer desk system.
- Develop reports, dashboards using Tableau 8.3 for quick reviews to be presented to Business and IT users.
- Developed Ad-hoc reports using Tableau Desktop, Excel.
- Prepared reports using Adobe Site Catalyst (Omniture).
- Created data objects CUBES and Dimensions in the OLAP data warehouse.
- Developed packages for loading data to data warehouse OLAP using SSIS from various data sources OLTP.
- Performed UAT testing on warehouse, Cubes and various other databases.
- DesignedSSIS packages to extract data from different sources like SQL server 2008, MS Excel, MS Access, transform and then load intoDimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Used the SSIS Import/Export, migrated the Heterogeneous Database such as Oracle and Access database, DB2, XML files, flat files to SQL server 2008.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data into data warehouse and data marts.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Generated various reports with drilldowns, calculated members, dropdowns from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts to develop the reports in SSRS.
- Deployed and generated reports on to the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
- Created subscriptions to provide a daily basis reports.
- Managed and troubleshoot report server related issues
- Define best practices for creating Tableau dashboards by matching requirements to the charts to be chosen, color patterns as per user's needs, standardizing dashboard's size, look and feel etc.
- Migrated some Crystal reports to SSRS reports
- Closely worked with business advisors to provide the required data which helped them to improve the Sales of Answer desk support services.
- Developed complex SQL queries for reporting and applications.
- Worked on writing queries using CTE’s and complex joins involving data from various data sources.
Environment: Confidential SQL server 2008R2 and 2012 SP1, Tableau, Adobe Site Catalyst(Omniture), Live Person, MS Excel Power Pivot, SSIS, SSAS,SSRS Windows 7,Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Confidential, Concord, CA
MS SQL Server /SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Participated in gathering the business requirements and Database Specifications.
- Created Database objects - Tables, Views, and Functions and developing Procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Developed T-SQL queries, triggers, functions, cursors and stored procedures.
- Responsible for logical and physical design of SQL Server databases.
- Altered the schema for the required objects.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Created views to restrict access to data in a table for security.
- Worked on extracting data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Performed Bulk data migration using DTS and SSIS from flat files.
- Worked extensively on SSIS Packages for extracting the data of the customers from OLTP, transform that data and load it into OLAP.
- Extensively used various SSIS objects such as Control Flow Components, Dataflow Components, Connection managers, Logging, Configuration Files etc.
- Developed custom ad-hoc reports by using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Conducted unit tests of ETL processes, and reports.
- Created and scheduling maintenance jobs in new environment using SQL Server Mailing Agent in SQL Server.
- Production Support and maintenance.
- Worked with end customers and non- technical staff to resolve incident tickets.
- Ensured crucial project deadlines/milestones are met without compromise on Quality of the work Product.
- Involved in fixing the acceptance bugs reported, coding based on the enhancements.
- Performed complete impact analysis on system software due to suggested modifications/ enhancements and prepared detailed design documents identifying program and database design changes required for successful implementation of change module.
- Generated Tableau Dashboard with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau (7.x / 8.x) reports.
- Created Tableau Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs along with user level security
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, R integration, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions.
- Resolved the issues and update the correction documents in intranet to share the information using SharePoint.
Environment: T-SQL, Business Intelligence MS SQL ServerIntegrated Services (SSIS) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, Share Point, SQL Server 2008, MS Office, Windows, Query Analyzer.
Confidential, Mt Laurel, NJ
SQL Developer SSIS/SSRS/SSAS.
- Dynamically supported business users for given requirements and developed the reports accordingly.
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, views and created/modified tables for data extraction, data load and transformations
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages
- Developed the packages with monitoring features and logging so that audit information of the packages and their execution results are loaded in to the audit table.
- Created database maintenance planner for the performance of SQL Server, which covers Database integrity checks and re-indexing.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source views.
- Created Dimensions with the cube wizard and also individually and Generated Named calculations and named queries.
- Refreshing the cube to get the latest information updated and deployment of Cubes to the production server.
- Worked on large data warehouse Analysis services servers and developed the different reports for the analysis from that servers.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Created data sources, connection strings and defined the datasets for generating the report.
- Designed and written the queries in the query builder for retrieving the data.
- Created and worked with drill down reports and identified the report parameters.
Environment: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Data Modeling, SQL Server Data Design, Visual Source Safe (VSS), Windows XP, Crystal Reports, Oracle 10g, VBScript.
Confidential, Rochester, MN
SSRS/ SSIS Developer
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2008.
- Responsible for creating Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, Sub Reports, Linked Reports, and Reports using stored procedures using SQL Server Reporting Services2008.
- Created Adhoc reports Using Report Builder 1.0 and Report Builder 2.0.
- Involved in Migration of SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008.
- Built the SSRS reports from Different Databases like Oracle, Hyperion and SQL Server.
- Involved in configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Confidential Office SharePoint Server.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports. (SSRS2005/2008).
- Designed and developed packages for data warehouse using Integration services (SSIS) SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Responsible for updating and staging the dimensional databases as well as rebuild the Dimensions and cubes in Analysis Services.
- Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages and scheduling the package through Jobs.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Deployed SSIS Packages into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Imported data from text files and excel spread sheets into SQL Server 2005 database using SSIS package.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Views, and triggers and stored Procedures.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS, Windows Server 2003.
SQL Server Developer/DBA.
- Designed and implemented physical and logical database (Data Modeling / ERD).
- Developed effective spreadsheets with system, workflow and global variables.
- Designed & developed automated workflow solutions.
- Developed stored Procedures & T-SQL scripts for workflow processes.
- Designed & Implemented Dimensions & Cubes with different properties as per business requirements using Analysis Services
- Developed Cubes with large dimensions with different schema options (star schema, snowflake schema). Implemented measures with ORACLE decode statements. Creating complex calculated members using MDX & measures with decode statements.
- Designed storage with different options (MOLAP, ROLAP, and HOLAP) as per requirements.
- Analyzed existing OLAP database and redesigned database for better performance.
- Optimized Dimensions & Cubes for faster performance. Creating partitions for faster Performance.
- Defined Entities and their attributes, relationships between entities. Normalizing database design.
- Deployed full, differential and transactional backup & recovery processes.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Win 2003, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, DTS.