- 6+ years of experience in Data warehousing, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server, HQL, Hive, Hadoop BIGDATA.
- Experience in Finance, Banking and Insurance Domains.
- Strong Skills in understanding the Client requirements and developing solutions to perform ETL operations using SSIS packages.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gatherings through post deployment of application systems in large and small organizations using agile methodology.
- Proficient in creating packages as part of ETL - extract data from heterogeneous sources like Excel, Flat file, OLEDB source and loading to SQL Server databases using SSIS (2016/2014/2012/2008/2005 ).
- Experienced in using various SSIS control flow items like Execute SQL task, Data Flow task, Send Mail Task, File system task, Bulk Insert Task, for-each Loop and Sequence Container.
- Experienced in debugging SSIS packages using checkpoints, breakpoints and error handling by configuring send mail task using event handlers.
- Proficient in logging the runtime information into different log providers like SQL Server, Text File using SSIS Logging to increase the performance of SSIS packages.
- Experience inPerformance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Experienced in DevelopingSSRS Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience in creating hierarchies in SSRS reports.
- Experience in optimization tools such asIndex tuning wizard,SQL Profiler.
- Formally trained in BI Tool, Business Objects.
- Working exposure and trained on Kafka, Storm, PIG, TRILLIUM (Data Quality) and Microsoft MDS.
- Experience in Manual Testing.
- Experience in Using the Test Management tools Quality Center V9.2, TFS (Team Foundation Server) for Bug/Defect tracking/Reporting system.
- Thorough Requirement Analysis, Test Data Preparation, Data mapping, Documentation, liaison with various stakeholders.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC and STLC.
- Expertise in Analyzing Business requirements, developing Test plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Execution of Test Case/Test Scripts for Web based Insurance Application.
- Good team Player and Onsite-Offsite Co-Ordinator ensuring timely handoffs.
- Auditing the projects and ensuring quality deliverables.
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014
- SQL Profiler
- Visual Studio
- Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Lake
Confidential, Malvern, PA
Sr. BI Developer/SQL Server developer
- Involved in Technical and Business decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, and Development team through Agile Kanban process.
- Creating Azure Data factories for loading the data to Azure SQL database from Cosmos platform.
- Created complex SSRS reports.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes.
- Created SSIS Packages to Extract and load data from and to different sources and targets like SQL Server, Text Files, Excel and CSV feed them to COUPA cloud server.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS, Azure Cloud services
- Performed Column Mapping, Data Mapping and Maintained Data Models and Data Dictionaries.
- Involved in retrieving multi-million records for data loads using SSIS and by querying against Heterogeneous Data Sources like SQL Server, Oracle, Text files and some Legacy systems.
- Expertise in using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component etc.
- Transferred data from various data sources/business systems including MS Excel, MS Access, and Flat Files to SQL Server using SSIS/DTS packages using various features.
- Involved in Performance tuning of ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing ETL packages using SSIS for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS which upsets data from staging table to database tables.
- Experienced in DevelopingSSRS Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Created hierarchies in SSRS reports using visualizations like Bar chart, Line chart, etc.
- Worked with both live and import data in to SSRS for creating reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, Visual Studio, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Data Lake.
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Participated in gathering User Requirements and System Specifications.
- Developed Stored Procedures, functions and database triggers and maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Created and executed SQL Server Integration Service packages to populate data from the various data sources, created packages for different data loading operations for many applications.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for exporting heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server.
- Migrated DTS packages to SSIS packages and modified the packages with new features of SQL SSIS.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XML) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Created multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and chart.
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server.
- Designed and implemented Parameterizedand cascading parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, and optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Backing up, restoring system & other databases as per requirements, and also scheduled those backups.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Excel, Visual Studio.
Big Data Developer-Senior
- Analyzed the source to target mapping from external tables in HDFS to Hive Internal tables and staging up to HBase Denormalized tables.
- Worked on writing Hive Query Language Queries which were in turn used to implement data transformations and table level joins.
- Developed HIVE scripts to load large volumes of data from external tables into HIVE tables and then worked on execution of Hive scripts in UNIX/LINUX environments.
- Worked on generating large volumes of data in excel/notepad files for HIVE Development and Testing. These files were comma/pipe delimited files which were used as raw data feeds into HIVE.
- To develop, deploy and monitor SSIS Packages for ETL Processes, upgrade and enhance existing and new ETL processes in production as well as development.
- Created packages using SSIS for data extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files, and OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, and triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Scheduling jobs to run packages for Initial, Incremental Loads using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Worked on TFS to track the changes and maintain latest versions for SSIS packages.
- Worked on migrating data from MDM to CRM using SSIS packages.
- Worked on improving performance of stored procedures for faster data loads, using Indexes, Database tuning advisor, SQL profiler and defragmentation techniques.
- Involved in Mapping, Functional and Technical Specification Documentation.
- Unit testing to make sure code works according to the Use case.
- Aligning with testing team for Defect Tracking and closure.
- Interacted with Business Analysts from business teams, development team members to better understand system functionality to improve testing quality.
- Gathering the requirements and analyzing business rules, system requirements and preparing test data for Test Scenarios.
- Understanding the Business requirements and gathering the testing requirements from the business stakeholders and from BA Teams.
- Prepared Test cases for Functional Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, E2E Testing, UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Preparation of test data for Positive scenarios and Negative scenarios.
- Defect tracking and Co-Ordinating with Development Team towards closure and retesting.
- Work closely with the development team and also suggested some suitable value-adds like Image Injector for automatic generation of data for Testing.
- Onshore-Offshore Co-ordination on daily basis.