- Highly motivated Business Intelligence Professional - MS SQL Server Developer 2012/2008/2005 with 7+ years of IT experience in various Industry verticals like Finance, Health Care, Technology and Banking with expertise on ETL process, reporting and support using SSIS and SSRS.
- Expertize in SQL Server SSIS package design, constructing, and deployment.
- Proficient in T-SQL programming on implementing Stored Procedures, Functions, Constraints, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Views, Triggers, Data Integrity.
- Expertise in Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
- Expert in Setting up, Configuring, Creating and Scheduling SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) reports and expertise on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Expert in creating indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, effective functions, and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Good Experience in creating Master Child Packages in SSIS and in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis using SSRS.
- Understand rules and regulations of HIPAA as imposed during Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Experience in Database Mirroring, Optimizing and Tuning of SQL Queries.
- Hands on experience in production/staging/test/development database administrative: Database Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Monitoring, Backup and Disaster Recovery procedure and Replication.
- Worked on OLAP Data warehouse design, and Implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Methodologies like Agile and Water Fall Model.
- Strong communication and People Management Skills.
- Interacted with different Business Users and Clients on application demo and discussions.
Relational Databases: SQL Server (2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005, 2000), MYSQL, MS Access.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS2005/2008 R2/2008/2012).
ETLTools: Microsoft Integration Services (SSIS), DTS.
Methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Enterprise/Advanced Server, Windows 2003 Enterprise/Datacenter Server, Windows 7, XP Professional and Windows 2000, UNIX.
Database tools: Analyzer, SQL Profiler, SQL Alerts, Index Tuning Wizard, BCP, DTS, Import/Export Wizard, SQL Mail, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Index Analyzer, SQL Client Utility.
Documentation Tool: MS Office (Including MS VISIO).
MS Tools: Management Studio, Visual Studio, TFS.
Languages: My-SQL, T-SQL, C, C++, Shell Scripting, SQL, XML, C#, VB.NET, MDX Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook, Google Docs.
Confidential, Ivyland, PA
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Worked on SQL*Loader to load data from flat files obtained from various facilities every day.
- Created PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages for moving the data from staging area to data mart.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Extensively worked with SSIS tool suite, designed and created mappings using various SSIS transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Lookup, Aggregator, Multicast and Derived Column
- Created efficient, robust SSIS packages for data movement and loading with error checking and well documented code.
- Reviewed Healthcare EDI 837 claims and flagged HIPPA noncompliant claims received from the Payer side.
- Understand Enrollment processing in the organization, to include Clearinghouse, EDI, Market Prominence, Claim processing system and Data warehousing.
- Worked on EDI 834, 837, 835 and 278 files and validated the functionality according to HIPAA regulation.
- Created SSIS Packages to integrate data coming from Text files and Excel files.
- Migrated old data from MS Access into SQL Server 2008 using SSIS Packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Wrote stored procedures and User Defined scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in the SSIS packages and SQL scripts.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy /exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Data management and data processing solutions using SSIS, this includes Error Handling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Wrote many stored procedures for cleaning, manipulating and processing data between the databases.
- Extensively used Joins and Common Table Expressions to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Deploying the Packages and Reports on to the server.
- Created different Power Pivot reports as per the client requirement.
- Worked on Filtered Views, views and Base table integration between different Source systems.
- Used Visual Studio 2008 as Source Control, to maintain drop location to test, all docs and scripts.
- Scheduled the Packages in SQL Server Agent on daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Document new SSIS packages and Train Senior Analyst on basic SSIS concepts
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2 & 2012 Enterprise Edition, SQL, T-SQL, MS Access, MS Excel,& Windows 2003 server, Business Intelligent Integration Services (SSIS 2012/2008), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Office 2007, MS Access, ETL, Performance Point Server 2007, MS Excel.
Confidential, PITTSBURG, PA
Sr.MS/SQL SSIS/SSRS Reports Developer
- Understanding the report design Requirements and Constraints.
- Creating Database objects - Tables, Views, and Functions and developing procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Design and implementation of Security Model, Policies and Procedures.
- Performing query plans and making sure each and every query is using appropriate useful indexes.
- Creating and Modifying T-SQL Stored Procedures/Triggers for validating the integrity of data.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler for Monitoring memory, processor, Disk I/O, SQL Queries, etc.
- Rebuilding Indexes and Tables as part of performance tuning exercise.
- Deployed the created SSIS packages in Development and Testing environments.
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases.
- Generated packages using different Transformations likeLookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component, etc.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) with proficiency in using Report Designer as well as Report Builder.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Drill-down, Parameterized and Sub-Reports usingRDL.
- Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server (SSRS).
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, MS Excel, Word.
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UT
BI Project Coordinator (SSIS/SSRS)
- Performed Documentation for all kinds of reports, DTS and SSIS packages.
- Conducted Data Analysis and did Data Modelling and Created the ER diagrams using Logical Schema and Star Schema.
- Generated ad-hoc reports using MS-Excel and Crystal Reports.
- Experience in creating complex SSISpackages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Created reports in SSRS with different type of properties like chartcontrols, filters, InteractiveSorting, SQLparameters etc.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQLServer2005, SQL2008 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used various ETL tools like SSIS/DTS for data flow from source files like XML, Excel, Tables, and Views to other databases or files with proper mapping.
- Migrating SQL Server 2005databases into SQL Server 2008.
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2008.Identified the data source and defined them to build the data source views.
- Involved in the analysis and profiling of sourcedata, creating prototypes and samplereports to help with requirements and design.
- Developed physical data models and createdDDL scripts to create database schema and database objects.
- Formatted the report layout for the requirement of the end users.
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, storedprocedures to check the data entry and payment verification.
Environment: Windows 2007 Server, SSIS 2008, DTS, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2008, MS Access, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL, SSRS.
- Created new databases and objects such as tables, stored procedures, constraints, and indexes to maintain referential integrity of data.
- Optimized queries by deleting unnecessary columns, eliminated inconsistent data, normalization of tables, developed joins and created clustered/non-clustered indexes wherever necessary.
- Involved in writing various DB objects like user defined functions, triggers, and indexes for accomplishing various tasks.
- Participated in all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC) while developing logical architecture for SSIS packages.
- Migrated data from heterogeneous data sources such as flat files, access, excel etc.., to SQL server 2008 using SSIS packages.
- Participating in client meetings on the work progress.
- Utilized various data flow transformations like lookup, derived column, row count, data conversion, conditional split, sort, aggregate, OLEDB command, union all etc.., to migrate data between different data sources according to business requirements.
- Performed debugging of SSIS packages using error handling methods like break points and check points.
- Coordinating with the off shore teams through every day hand off calls.
- Designed, deployed and maintained various SSRS reports like parameterized reports, sub-reports, cross-tab, drill-down, drill-through reports using RDL. Created Linked servers to retrieve data from different databases.
- Identified and provided necessary steps to enhance the user response time by checking fragmentation and re-indexing tables for efficient application access and methods.
- Documented all processes and tasks of all databases, stored procedures, functions, views for future references and maintenance.
Senior Software Engineer
- Using all kinds of SQL Server Constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Check, Unique etc.)
- Writing Complex Transact SQL (T-SQL) Queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, Dynamic SQL queries etc.
- Programming in SQL Server - Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions and Views, Cursors
- PerformancetuningofStoredProcedures and T-SQL Queries
- Implementing SQL Server Indexing and Queryoptimization using Indexes
- Normalization and De-Normalization techniques
- Involved in Backing up databases and refreshing Data across environments
- Huge Data Transfers from & to SQL Server Databases using utilities / tools like DTS, SSIS, BCP, BULKINSERT etc.
- Maintained a goodclientrelationship by communicating daily status and weekly status of the project.
- Managed requests that came from the client as well as the development teams.
- Managed and monitoredsystemutilization.
- Managed backup and disasterrecovery of the team.
- Managed the securityoftheservers (Logins and users).
- Designed stored procedures and triggers for automatingtasks.
- Worked on complexdataloading (implemented the batch data cleansing and data loading).
Environment: / Tools: MS SQL Server 2005, MS Access, Query Analyzer, DTS, BCP, SQL Profiler.