Seeking a challenging position as a SQL Server DBA with opportunity for career growth and be able to utilize my business, technical background and experience to contribute to the success of the organization.
- Over 20 years of progressive experience encompassing extensive range of IT areas combining leadership and technical expertise.
- Proficient in the Software Development Life Cycle methodology and skilled in dealing with both functional and technical communities.
- Experience in gathering business requirements, documenting, and help convert them into robust system design.
- Innumerable appreciation from employer for zero - defect, cost-effective, on-schedule quality deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills and rapport with Client, Senior Management and Team.
- Built and managed the MS SQL Server Databases and Infrastructures including upgrade of the legacy System (Sybase & SQL Server 2000) to MS SQL 2005.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Excellent Reporting skills in SSRS and Crystal Reports - Drill Down Reports, Report Models etc.
- Performed Database design, development, test and implementation.
- Resolve database performance issues (Performance Tuning), database capacity issues etc.
- Manage security of database structures and corporate data held within databases.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of database standards.
- Monitor databases for errors and perform problem determination when necessary.
- Extensive experience in working with cross function teams like Business Stakeholders/users, Business Analysts, Development teams, test engineers, Operations (various functional teams) and Finance.
- Involved in designing and installation of LAN/WAN networking.
- Installation and configuration of operating system Windows advance Server 2000 and 2003.
- Assemble, install and configure computer hardware, including but not limited to, Servers, workstations, laptops, printers, and peripheral devices.
- Trained personnel in computer software including Windows, MS Office suite etc.
- Effective communications (written and verbal), interpersonal and Relationship Management skills.
- Good learning ability and appetite for new technologies as well as responsibilities.
- Ability to funnel creative recommendations into initiatives which and beyond assigned task.
- Strong Analytical, Problem Solving and Conflict Management Skills.
- Excellent Presentation and Planning & Prioritizing Skills.
- Hard working, self-motivated, highly competent and a team player.
- Possess ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
Database: SQL Server 2000 & 2005, Sybase, Oracle, MS Access
Reporting: SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, Crystal Reports
Languages: Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic .net, ASP.net, XML, COBOL, Clipper
Operating Systems: Windows XP, NT, 95/98, Windows Adv. Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, DOS
Tool: MS Office suite, Sheriden controls, True DB Grid Pro v7.1, Vbalgrid, Visio, MS Project
Others: SharePoint, SOX compliance
Systems Design Analyst and Database Administrator
Environment: SQL Server 2005,(BI/Management Studio), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS), Crystal Reports 8.5, Visual Basic .net, ASP.net, ASP, Sybase
- Managed the migration of Sybase databases to SQL Server 2005.
- Prepared testing strategy to ensure successful migration of data from Sybase to SQL Server 2005.
- Involved in creation of tables, stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, indexes, and other Server objects adhering to SOX compliance.
- As part of migration activities was involved in analysis and documentation of existing application and reports. Documentation was provided in form of Visio ER diagrams, flowcharts, Process mapping and Gantt charts, Change Requests and Alloy Navigator Tickets.
- Developed Analytical reports in Crystal Reports and deployed to shared folders and database for front-end access of reports.
- Created reports in SQL Server Reporting Services and deployed to Share Point Server.
- Addressed issues occurred during Migration from Sybase to SQL Server 2005.
- Manage on-going Change Request and resolve tickets opened in Alloy ticking system.
- Troubleshoot system issues, monitored scheduled jobs and set up maintenance plans for proactively monitoring the performance of databases.
- Responsible for promoting code & scripts across environments - Test and Production.
- Investigating Space Usage & Monitoring the growth of the databases.
- Granting & Revoking of Object Rights, System Rights on Databases / Users / Roles.
- User training
- Set up database backup and recovery strategies.
- Worked with development teams in the design of physical databases and in modifications
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2005 including database consistency check, and index defragmenting and database integrity.
- Management was planning a company wide big-bang migration from Sybase to SQL Server 2005. I suggested pilot implementation for a branch which helped in clearing many unknown discrepancies/issues and customizations preventing from a big disaster. The overall project was a success and now the implementation is being leveraged across other branches.
- Optimized collection reports by eliminating reference to stored procedure and building logic in single view. The simplified logic eased maintenance and improved performance from 3 hours to 5 min.
- Implemented very complicated Charge Back Report to salesman for cancelled Services which recovered lost income and Service Renewal Report, retained customers and helped in bonuses to salesman.
Systems Design Analyst/Project Manager/Software Developer
- Maintain, understand and support the existing system in VB6/SQL 2000/Crystal Reports
- Analyze, review and evaluate user requirements considering all affecting parameters provide thorough tested resolutions.
- Provide problem identification and analytical support to conceptualize, develop and implement complex, multiple inter-linked system.
- Define system objectives and prepare system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems
- Change existing VB code to add new objects and if necessary modify/add store procedures/tables/assign user rights and other SQL Server Objects to provide solution.
Systems Design Analyst/Project Manager/Software Developer
- Provide guidance for migrating from existing VB6/SQL2000 System to VB.net/ASP.net
- Understand and support the existing system in VB6/SQL 2000/Crystal Reports 8.5
- Make modification to existing code to improve performance
- Identify and rectify problems in existing code, whenever necessary wrote patches or code to fix them
- Create new statistical and daily reports in Crystal Reports 8.5 and insert into VB6 code
- Modify existing and create new stored procedures and reports to improve performance
- Prepare Visio ER diagrams and flowcharts of existing system for migrating to .Net
- Perform needs analysis and prepare design reports and documents based on user meetings
- Provide migration strategy with separate applications for back office and internet booking
- Advise on system architecture, system design and functionalities for implementation of the new system
- Assist in High level and Low level document preparation for new system
- Coordinate with the offshore team to ensure project deliverables are completed on time
IT Manager/ Project Manager/Software Developer
- Managed and coordinated IT projects for various departments and branches.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented several software projects in VB6/SQL 2000
- Transitioned hospital management system from outdated organizational process to highly functional accounting and inventory technologies
- Programmed custom business solution modules in VB6/SQL 2000 for financial/accounting, payment processing, admissions, Human Resources, and hospitality departments
- Researched code for enhancements and issues
- Developed VB6/SQL 2000 custom package for residential program, which included admissions, attendance, dormitory, donor, fees, and reporting modules
- Wrote reports for various departments using Crystal Reports 8.5
- Responsible for assembling, installing and maintenance of hardware, operating systems, and networking.
- Performed business analysis and wrote business requirements
- Designed, developed, tested, and implemented systems for Botad Hospital, Festival Administration, and Festival Entertainment in Clipper and Authorware
- Assembled, installed and maintained hardware, operating systems, servers, and Ethernet LAN networking with Novell
Software Developer & Hardware Engg.
- Responsible for software development for radio car accounting, navigation, and dispatch system using Clipper
- Assembled, installed, and Maintained hardware, operating systems, and servers on Ethernet LAN Networking with Novell 3.11
Assistant IT Coordinator
- Developed multi-user software integrating all departments to share info in Clipper
- Assembled, installed, and maintained hardware, operating systems, and servers on Ethernet LAN Networking with Novell 3.11
- Prepared daily reports, ran backup tapes, and performed data analysis on DataGeneral Mini computers
- Supervised data entry operators and monitored data Integrity