- Highly motivated and resourceful SQL DBA with a solid record of developing and supporting successful projects.
- Proficient SQL BI - SSRS developer with a wide-ranging background in complex corporate and regulatory reporting projects that consistently improved operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- A team player and driven individual with a strong work ethic and an excellent ability to focus, prioritize and handle multiple assignments. Fluent in Spanish.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- SQL Server Administration
- SSRS Corporate Reporting
- Business Intelligence
- Integration Services SSIS-ETL
- T-SQL dev and automation
- Tuning and optimization
Database Developer - DBA Group
- Provide development support for data access, data analysis, ETL processes, reporting,databaselevel programming, and performance tuning.Evaluate strategic goals fordatabasedevelopment in conjunction with end users, managers, and clients to create functional specifications for databaseapplications.
- Follow best practices to design all stored procedures, including full responsibility for schemas and how data is populated.Diagnose and resolvedatabaseaccess and performance issues with the production team to plan and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of company databases.
DBA - Global Information Systems
- Executed all activities associated with DBA and project lead, completing over 12 software projects from requirements analysis to delivery and support.
- Coordinated with international IT team and business users to enhance, maintain, and monitor finance and sales applications encompassing Oracle enterprise and SQL Server environments.
- Created and kept documentation for database processes, built and optimized SQL queries used for direct back-end reporting from global enterprise applications.
SQL Server Production DBA
- Redesigned maintenance plans deploying enhanced t-SQL scripts to perform backups/restores, monitored SQL extended events, and optimized SSIS packages.
- Performance-tuned disk utilization, SQL file locations, and developed code for automated product deployments.
SQL Server Developer - Consultant
- Successfully delivered, under tight deadlines a Business Intelligence-DW project encompassing SQL Server 2005, Sybase-AS, Business Objects XI R3, and ETL-SSIS packages including installation, development, and deployment.
- Managed business-critical reporting systems in a SQL Server 2005-2008 environment using Crystal Reports, MS-Access, and advanced Excel analytic models to deliver timely and advanced reports to the VP Finance.
- Rewrote t-SQL queries improve execution time and optimize resources for company ASP-based reporting application.
- Solely responsible for managing company’s SQL servers in 24/7 environment, including database security, backups, maintenance plans.
- Developed and maintained a Crystal Reports library that included over 180 finance, marketing, and accounting reports.