- Seeking career enriching assignments to leverage expertise in database design and administration, performance tuning and optimization, capacity planning, database modeling, data migration, corporate security administration on data assets with a frontline organization
- Leading the database infrastructure sustainability engineering, design of production database, BI strategies and enhancing database performance and capacity to meet future expansion requirements and strategic organizational goals.
- Demonstrating business acumen and achieving business requirements and production standards ensuring optimal performance of the databases and application code from development to production.
Databases Products: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres. Redshift, MongoDB, Aurora, Bigquery
Development/Productivity Tools: SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Python, PowerShell, TSQL, HTML, XML, JSON
NoSQL, Big Data: MongoDB, COSMOS, SCOPE, Elastic Search, DynamoDB
Software Engineering Tools: MS Visio, MS Visual Source safe, Remedy, Product Studio, Source Depot, TFS
Performance: Solarwind DPA, Monyog MySQL, Idera, Quest Spotlight
Operating Systems: Windows Servers, RedHat/Centos Linux, Digital/HP/SCO UNIX,AWS Cloud, Google Cloud
SR DBA Consultant
- Expert level support of mission critical SQL Server databases, BI Cubes and other database applications
- Direct and advise other teams towards implementing secure database installations with least privilege access.
- Design, install and maintain highly available database systems including, monitoring, security, backup and recovery and performance tuning.
- Provide excellent troubleshooting skills with Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft SQL Server running on predominantly HP and DELL hardware and SAN storage.
- Managing many highly complex cross datacenter SQL clusters for Confidential .com, Confidential .com, Confidential .Co, Confidential Inc etc.
- Developing and managing ETL data pipelines using AWS, Google CLOUD resources
- Solid, proven expertise with writing TSQL scripts, stored procedures and command line batch scripts, to maintain and automate job functions and responsibilities.
- Utilizing native and 3rd party tools to diagnose and resolve issues or proactive monitoring of systems for capacity management and performance and tuning (Monyog for MySQL on Linux, Solarwind DPA for SQLServer on Windows)
- Security implementation including the use of certificates, Active Directory Security Groups, and Kerberos double - hop implementations.
- Implementing SDLC policies in a SOX/PCI compliant organization - supporting development, staging, build, and production environments. Involved in framing and auditing security policies on user permissions, group policies, PII data and enforcing and alerting SOX/PCI anomalies at production environment. Developed tools to monitor and alert audit failures directly with infosec.
- Maintaining service levels of project delivery and ensure availability of all site features and functions.
- Provide the database best practice design methodologies while continuously re-assessing the infrastructure for optimization opportunities that would save infrastructure costs and/or getting the best value and performance out of our technology assets.
- Managing Redshift Cluster/Postgress/MySQL instances and applications on AWS.
- Managing heavy traffic replication pipelines and production critical high available SQL clusters.
- Performance monitoring and performance tuning recommendations to Dev and Ops Teams
- Developing and managing infrastructure dashboards for various operational metrics and automations.
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential, Redmond WA
- Collaborating with business units to understand, develop, and document business intelligence strategies, create enterprise Infrastructure roadmap and plan the implementation of OLTP and BI solutions in support of the company s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Defining architectural patterns, tools, and standards in line with OLTP/BI strategies.
- Leading the design and development of highly scalable, efficient and secure SQL Server systems to host production OLTP data and data warehouse databases and OLAP Systems; Physical designing of OLTP databases, data warehouses, cubes, databases and underlying Software/Hardware.
- Closely coordinating with lead engineering managers and business partners to design system and to obtain information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements etc.
- Managing multiple VLDB SQL databases, data warehouses and mentoring DBA team.
- Designing and implementing security standards across multiple infrastructures and setting highly available infrastructure using advanced fail over clustering, Logs shipping, Mirroring and replication and assuring backup and recovery.
- Accountable for business continuity planning and disaster recovery setup, capacity planning, infrastructure migration design and implementation, incident management, problem management, production application releases, change management, deployment/post deployment support.
- Resolving database incidents with understanding of client/server architecture in highly available clustered environment.
- Accountable for Security Patching of servers, SQL Patching, SQL Version upgrades, Geo infrastructure migrations, Server upgrades.
- Developing and managing SSIS packages, SSRS reports, Cubes, Web services.
- Leading performance tuning, scripting, troubleshooting queries and data analysis using Profiler/DTA/Execution Plans /DMVs.
- Driving automation for asset management / security audits / user access control/ shares management etc.
- Implementing high-level security on corporate data assets, partner data exchange using encryption, SSL
- Managing and deploying NLB clusters, load balancers, maintaining server configurations and capacity monitoring.
SR DBA consultant
- Responsible for end-end database infrastructure design and administration.
- Managing Antispam/Anti abuse infrastructure management, PII data infrastructure management and collecting and handling various highly complex data assets for Microsoft Internal and external customers like various investigation agencies.
- Responsible of data asset management, Partitioning of data, data compression and transformations.
- Accountable for DBA managed service for the client Levi Strauss & Co., USA with an aim to providing database production support for their six hundred business critical OLAP, OLTP databases distributed across the globe. Provided solutions to production errors, conducted root cause analysis of database errors and fixed from offshore. Identified low performance queries and delivered consultation, database object storage management, and system performance monitoring support.
- Developed, planned and documented business intelligence strategies through an in-depth understanding of business needs.
- Responsible for enforcing database infrastructure standards.
- Installation of Service packs and patches, Version upgrades.
- Setup and Managed high availability solutions like SQL Cluster, Replication and Log shipping.
- Tier 3 support for critical production problems, recovery operations, change management using Remedy
- Providing solutions to production errors, root cause analysis of database errors and Problem management
- Capacity investigations and infrastructure recommendations.
- Developed automation tools for Infrastructure security audits, index management, backup management, performance monitoring, server hardware health monitoring and data exports.