- SQL Server BI Developer having around 8 Years of experience, well versed in all phases of Analysis, DesignDevelopment, Administering, Implementing and Testing Client/server application using Microsoft SQL Server and BIsuite (Development, UAT and Production Environment).
- Extensively worked on data modeling, Normalization and De - Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP.
- Excellent knowledge in database programming in writing T-SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key and Unique) Indexes and Batch Scripts using various DDL and DML commands.
- Very good knowledge in designing database objects like Tables, Views, Constraints, Indexes and defaults.
- Experience in designing Database Models using MS Visio and ER-Win for both Relational and dimensional modeling
- Implemented SQL Server Indexing, Index tuning using Index Tuning Wizard and Tuning Advisor
- Excellent knowledge in performance tuning and query optimization Using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan,
- Performance Monitor.
- Experience in Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, Sub-queries, Co-related sub queries, Complex joins.
- Experience DBA Activities in Development/Test environments including Backups, Restores, Data refreshes, Security and User management, Performance Tuning.
- Developed SSIS Packages to populate Data Mart from various types of sources files (EXCEL, Access, Flat files, CSVs, OLEDB Sources).
- Created several Staging Databases.
- Expert in Extracting and Transforming data (ETL) from various heterogeneous sources and creating packages using SSIS/DTS, Import, Export Data, Bulk Insert and BCP utilities
- Experience in conversion of packages from legacy systems (DTS to SSIS) and migrating, deploying the packages across Dev/UAT/Prod environments.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations
- Experience in Developing and Extending SSAS Cubes, Dimensions and data source views SSAS-Data Mining Models and Deploying and Processing SSAS objects.
- Expertise skills in calculating measures and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services using Multi Dimensional Expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Involved in adding KPI’s, Calculated Aggregates, Actions and Partitions.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS across various environments
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting services.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Ability to export reports and query results to MS Excel, PDF, HTML, etc.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Creating and Managing users, roles and assigning necessary permissions.
- Involvement in Backing up databases and refreshing Data across environments.
- Versatile in BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio), Query Analyzer, Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services etc.
- Excellent skills in preparing Project documentation and Use Cases, using MS Office and MS Visio.
- Ability to manage and deliver results on multiple tasks by effectively managing time and priority constraints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in handling multiple tasks, able take initiative to handle responsibilities independently as well as a member of team.
RDBM/Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008 /2008R2/2012, Teradata V2R5/R6, Mysql
Languages: T-SQL, Dynamic SQL, HTML, XML, C, C++ and MDX.
Data Modeling: MS Visio, ERWIN 4.5/4.0, FACT& Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical data modeling, Star & Snowflake schema Relational, Dimensional and multidimensional modeling and De-normalization Techniques, MS- Access.
Data Design Tools: ER/Studio, ERWIN, MS Visio.
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008/2012), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2005/2008/2012), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS 2005/2008), Visual Studio, BIDS.
Tools/Database Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Visual Studio, Microsoft Management Console, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Toad, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual Source Safe (VSS).
Application Packages: MS Office, Microsoft SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, Microsoft Performance Point Server 2007, ProClarity
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process by analyzing business requirements and understanding the functional work flow of information from source systems to destination systems.
- Designed and developedSSIS Packagesto import and export data fromMS Excel, SQL Server and Flat files.
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using for each loop Containers and Merge join, etc.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Developed various types of complex reports like Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports.
- Involved in designingParameterized Reportsfor generatingAd-Hocreports as per the client requirements.
- Coordinated with front-end for implementing logic in stored procedures and functions.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server from different environments for the SSAScubes.
- Involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Designed and implemented data mart, facts, dimensions and OLAP cubes using dimensional modeling standards in SQL Server that maintained data.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic and also created clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Optimized queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Used the Ralph Kimball methodology, star schemas with conformed dimensions and fact tables.
- Worked with Star/Snowflake Schema modeling to develop ROLAP/MOLAP/HOLAP cubes using the respective fact and dimension tables, performed the processing and deployed the cubes to SQL server analysis services database.
Environment:MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Business Intelligence Development Studio, MDX, T-SQL, MS AccessMicrosoft SharePoint, MS Project, Windows 2K platform.
Confidential, Hopkins, MN
MS SQL/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Responsible for building and supporting Patient Access applications Patient Registration, Payer Contracting, and Insurance Verification.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, and triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Created different types of User-defined functions and Stored procedures using T-SQL.
- Used Shared Connection managers and new functions like Reverse(), Left(), replace() functions in SSIS.
- Implemented error handling in SQL Server 2012 using the THROW function.
- ETL, data profiling, data quality and clean ups for SSIS packages.
- Designed Logical and Physical Data Model with Erwin tools.
- Created SSIS packages to populate data from various data sources.
- Developed Tabular Reports, ad-hoc reports using SSRS Report Designer.
- Configured SSIS packages using Package configuration wizard to allow packages run on different environments.
- Worked with Meta-Data Driven SSIS Packages to pull the data from different Sources and load to Data mart.
- Developed SSRS reports using multiple data providers, Global Variables, Expressions, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Deployed reports, created report schedules and subscriptions.
- Managing and securing reports using SSRS.
- Built ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Environment: MS SQL Server2008 R2/2012, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft SharePoint Server (MOSS 2007), Crystal Reports, (SSIS) SQL Server Integration Services, (SSRS) SQL Server Reporting Services, Teradata,T- SQL.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
MS SQL BI Developer
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements and System Specification from users.
- Involved in Creation of Facts, Dimensions using STAR and SNOW FLAKE Schema.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Regular responsibilities for updating staging and dimensional databases as well as rebuilding the dimensions and cubes on Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created several SQL Server Analysis Projects using MS SSAS.
- Created non-clustered Indexes to get the high level performance.
- Loading data from various sources like flat files, to SQL Server database Using SSIS Package.
- Performing the ETL operations to support the incremental, historical data loads and transformations using SSIS.
- Designed SSIS packages for synchronizing the data between two different servers.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages using different type’s task and with Error Handling.
- Written SQL queries, MDX queries and developed reports like cascade parameterized reports, reports with sub reports, drill through reports using SQL reporting services.
- Create scorecards, KPIs and dashboards, analytical charts and reports.
- Use different features like grouping, sorting, and reports parameters to build sophisticated reports.
- Built Ad hoc reports and added drill through functionality using report builder, and created tabular, matrix, graphical reports from SQL/OLAP data sources using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Involved in the implementation of share point.
- Reviewed and developed data models and database designs with development teams.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Responsible for generating different types of daily and weekly Reports based on requirements using SQL Server Business Intelligence Tool.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012, Query Analyzer, SSIS, MDX, T-SQL, Excel, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Windows 2000/XP, SSAS, SharePoint services, ERwin.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Wrote complex SQL queries to populate data from different tables and which can be used for reports.
- Developed ETL Packages using SQL Server Integration Services to populate data from different sources, for example flat files/SQL/Oracle Server to the Staging Database and then into the Data Warehouse.
- The packages created included a variety of transformations, for example, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast, and Data Conversion.
- Tested Packages and fixed bugs using SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Created SSIS Packages with Error Handling, logging and SSIS Configurations.
- Created SSIS packages which are Meta Data Driven and which has Parent child relationships.
- Deployed and scheduled SSIS Packages in the test environment and Pre-Prod environment to mimic the prod functioning.
- Created drill down reports, drill through reports, cascade parameter reports, parameterized reports and several other types of reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created subscription for reports.
- Deployed the generated reports on to the server.
- Script SQL statements to extract data from the SQL Server for data cleanup.
- Monitored the table-spaces for the production databases on daily basis and increasing the sizes if required.
- Written T- SQL queries for data retrieval.
- Fine-tuned SQL queries using hints for maximum efficiency and performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2, T-SQL, MS Access, Windows 97/2000/XP, ER-Win v4.0, Visual Source Safe (VSS), SQL Query Analyzer, Profiler, Data modeling, ETL, DTS packages.
MS SQL/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Developed Business Process Flows and created ER diagram using ERwin for social media management software for the development team to understand the system.
- Designed a relational database using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Created logical and physical data models.
- Defined the relationships between primary and foreign keys in tables.
- Generated the data base script using Erwin.
- Integrated Database maintenance jobs to perform full, differential & transaction log backups and scheduled them with the SQL Server agent job scheduler.
- Performed backup/restore, database objects such as tables, procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes and views.
- Created rollback and committed transactions in SQL queries, used collections, inserted various kinds of constraints and indexes to enhance the queries.
- Improved the performance of queries by introducing clustered and non-clustered indexes on tables in the data base.
- Use SQL profiler to identify long running queries.
- Write complex SQL queries and create stored procedures for retrieval of the data and analysis of the data. Created complex Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, SQL Joins and T-SQL code to implement business rules.
- Identified key dimensions and key measures. Built dimensional model and assign hierarchy, attribute relationship to the various dimensions and measures defined using SSAS.
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2005/2008, MS-SQL Server Reporting Services, MS-SQL Server Integration Services,