- Over 4+ years of solid experience in Programming, installing, configuring, designing, managing, Backup & Recovery, Performance Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Tuning experience in various platforms.
- Extensive Database experience in MS SQL Server in various capacities including Database/schema Design, Database Deployment, Database Up gradation, Data Sync and migration.
- Excellent Knowledge in RDBMS and Data warehouse concepts.
- Very good Experience in query optimization & performance tuning. Used SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor and DBCC Commands.
- Used several ETL tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Ab Initio, Pentaho etc of several acquired/working clients to convert them into MSBI stack packages, reports and procs.
- Experience in creating stored procedures, views, indexes and effective user defined functions and appropriate triggers to facilitate data manipulation using T - SQL.
- Experience in creating different types of reports like Table Reports, List Reports, Drill down, Drill through Reports, Pie Chart reports.
- Experience in creating database diagrams which enhances the understanding of data migration.
- Setup & Schedule database maintenance jobs across all Servers running various DBCC Utilities.
- Good Understanding of Data Visualization Tools and SSAS and SSRS skills.
- Thorough understanding of Kimball and Inmon methodologies.
System Development: Requirement Analysis (Hardware& Software), Business/Functional Process Analysis, Reengineering, Testing, Documentation, Setups and Implementation
Leadership Skills: Project Management, Project Coordinator (Functional)
Tools: MS SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), BIDS, Performance Monitor, SQL Server Migration Assistant(SSMA),SSMS,SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, MS SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, TOAD, Ab Initio, SQL Data Tools, SSMS, Octopus, Release Management, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau, Pentaho, DTS, Shell Scripting.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 , MS Access, MySQL 5.5, SQL Loader, MS Access, DB2/MVC
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, XP, 7,8,10, Linux, Macintosh.
Others: Visual Studio, MS Office and MS VISIO 2010/2013, Adobe Bundle, Catia, AutoCAD, Hyper Mesh
Languages Known: C, C#, Java, T-SQL, HTML, CSS,C#,ASP.NET
Source Control: Team Foundation Server 2010, Visual Source Safe 2005, GitHub
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SQL and ETL Developer
- Worked with Business Analyst in Gathering the Business Requirements and analyzing to design and create the database.
- Converted critical code from Teradata stored procedures to Ab Initio ETL jobs.
- Created SSIS packages for data conversion using Data Conversion Transformation.
- Created package configurations for dynamic connection string to enhance the ease of package deployment, implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel,SQL Server2008 R2 and Flat files.
- Created corresponding RDLs by using the stored procedures on New System.
- Using SSRS creating well-formed reports and web-based reports for Finance related applications and transactions.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills usingSQL Server 2012/2008 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports, Parameterized Reports and Report Models for generating Ad-Hoc reports as per the client requirements.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS 2012.
- Defined Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) metrics to create scorecards.
- Report parameters included single valued parameters, multi-value parameters which also consist of different parameter types like hidden, internal, default (queried and non-queried parameters).
- Created SSIS Packages to move files from one location to another using FTP Task.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports and etc. based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the Report Server to reduce the repetition the reports.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling by identifying the fact and dimension tables based on the user and reporting requirements.Work with the Data Modeler, Business and Business System Analyst to change any attributes in the database fields or the file and make changes in the graph accordingly.
- Work with the production support and EME team for deployment of the graph to Testing, UAT and production areas.
- Work with the Control - M team to deploy the graphs as jobs in production with a scheduled run time and calendar in Control - M scheduling tool.
- Developed SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Used Shell scripting to automate packages
- Optimized queries by using Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Worked on Data transformations, Data Migration / Data Conversion to extract data fromSQL Server Databases.
- Worked on DataMigration activities such as extracting, migrating, validation of data.
- CreatedSQL scripts for tuning and scheduling.
- Created extensive stored procedures and updated tables and triggers as per the changes in the requirement.
Environment: MicrosoftSQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 Enterprise edition, Ab Initio GDE 1.13, Co-op 2.13, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, Microsoft Visual studio, Windows Server2003,TeraData, Internet Information Server(IIS), MS Excel 2007,Shell Scripting Team Foundation Server(TFS) 2010
Confidential, Irving, TX
SQL Server BI/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Extensive experience in BI suite using integration services(SSIS) for ETL(Extraction, Transformation & Loading), reporting services(SSRS) for creating different types of reports and analysis services(SSAS) for design and developing complex cubes.
- Designed OLAP cubes with star schema and multiple partitions using SSAS.
- Designed complex SSAS solutions using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups span
- Setting up Web and SQL applications production and Pre-production environments.
- Setting up & maintaining ALWAYSON in all the environments according to Microsoft standards.
- Deploying Builds and patches in Preproduction and production as a part of quarterly and monthly releases.
- Maintenance activities like security patching, certificate renewals, password reset.
- Monitoring and maintaining the SQL jobs running on various servers
- Debugging issues on Job failures/SSIS package failures and providing the fix
- Building new production and pre-production environments as per requirement and on-boarding application on it with minimal impact to business
- Scripted all tasks by segregating them on daily, weekly and monthly basis using Shell scripting.
- Maintaining application data and sending reports to management, customer.
- Proactively worked on application errors due to configurations and environments
- Created test cases, scenarios, and supportingbased on customer requirements and design documentation
- Knowledge in designing and developing data warehouses, data marts and business intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as star schemas and snow flake schema for developing cubes using MDX.
- Built MDX queries and data mining expression (DMX) queries for analysis services & reporting services.
Environment: MicrosoftSQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 Enterprise edition, Ab Initio GDE 1.13, Co-op 2.13, Teradata, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, Microsoft Visual studio, Windows Server2003, Internet Information Server(IIS), MS Excel 2007, Team Foundation Server(TFS) 2010
- Used Niantic Geo Store tool to extensively for sort data received from submissions database based on the criteria for selection or rejection, used unique pre-defined codes to take decision.
- Co-ordinate with Quality Control, Fellow Ops, Leads among others to make critical decisions with both India and US (Bothell, WA) team.
- Improved the performance of the portals as and when we identify a glitch.
- Proper use of Pre-defined codes to enhance the performance of the total application.
- Meet the daily targets and weekly targets with high productivity.
- Onsite Coordination and planning and managing day - to - day activities along with Daily Status reporting.
- Worked in the end as Quality Control Operator for this assignment and ensured high quality portals gets live and rest rejected based on the already processed portals by Ops team.
- Responsible for data accuracy and identifying patterns in data to efficiently update information in maps.
- Coordinated with different internal teams of roads, buildings and businesses to facilitate user's features on Confidential maps.
- Added and updated content live in Confidential maps.
- Performed look and feel test to see the perspective of end user in not only English but other languages to avoid any data or policy discrepancies.
- Moderated users and internal reviewers added content to Confidential maps.
- Created customized test plans for external users and internal QA team.
- Executed test cases manually and by using automated script.
- Log any issues/defects encountered during test cycles and conduct fix verification.
- Provided detailed reports on test cycles to management, developers and internal testing teams.
- Proactively verified the data contents with end users to reduce recurrence of false data.
- Interacted with end users and team management on daily basis to keep requirements consistent.
- Created business documentations to keep teams on track with new/existing projects.
- Implemented policies and procedures regularly to keep work-flow consistent across all locations including offshore.
- Performed duties in implementing policies on how to resolve internal and external disputes.
- Updated maps information across Canada, Europe and South America to adhere to the laws in those locations.
- The Portals approved and accepted by our team for INGRESS are now used as Pokéstops in Pokémon Go application that is highest rated and most played games of this decade.
Environment: Confidential ’s own API called Niantic Geostore, MetaMaps, Confidential Spreadsheets and Confidential Analytics Internal Tools
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Used Live twitter data to analyze the sentiment involved
- Development of the application for analyzing the sentiment in the assumed 3 categories - Positive, Neutral and Negative.
- Information was retrieved using various LibSVM libraries
- Collaborated with the data analyst to scope and build the standardized sentiment involved.
- Used Confidential Charts to show graphical and statistical representation of sentiments involved
- NLTK was extensively used to filter the right data to make the decision.
- Had many clients go through the application that was built by presenting various prezis and demos.
Environment: Python 3.1, Natural Language Tool Kit, LibSVM libraries, Web.py, Confidential Charts
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Involved in installations, upgrades, patches and fixes.
- Migrated the data fromSQL Server2000/2005 toSQL Server2008.
- Involved in the complete lifecycle and planning of mission critical Databases.
- Scheduling SSIS jobs, Migrating DTS packages to SSIS packages, using DTS
- Generating Reports as per the requirement using SSRS 2005
- Assisted in the design and development of the Data Modeling and Data Warehouse design.
- Designing Logical and Physical Data Models with Visio.
- Increased the availability of production databases by setting up mirroring.
- Conducted performance tuning on regular basis to improve performance of slow running queries and stored procedures.
Environment: SQL Server2000/2005, MS Access, T- SQL, SSIS, SSRS, DTSRUN, Windows2008, Light speed, HYPER-V
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- DevelopedSQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using Inner/Outer joins, sub-queries, accommodating complex filters and database links.
- DevelopedSQL scripts to Insert/Update and Delete data in MSSQL Server database tables.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to process prospective customer information and balanced the processing load between front end and back end.
- Involved in query optimization and performance tuning.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS
- Implemented error handling in several existing Stored Procedures using Try Catch blocks.
- Generated Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports as per the requirements using subscriptions and Created Tabular Reports, Cross Tab Reports, Sub Reports.
- Designed different kinds of reports like Linked, cascaded and parameterized reports and Worked on Drill Down and Drill-through Reports, Tabular, Matrix etc.
Environment: SQL Server2012, T- SQL, Microsoft Visual C#, Visual Basic, Excel, MS Access, MS Project 2010,SQL Script, Linux Script, Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Windows Operating System, Microsoft BI, Windows Server2008, Visual Studio,SQL Server Data Tools, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Profiler.
Fabricator and Designer
- There are 24 rims of small rudders 8 set of 3 around the saucer, 4 sets are fixed and 4 set are controlled by a yaw servo. I played a major role in designing these on CATIA.
- Buffed the whole design using XPS material according to the measurements.
- Had a tough time maintaining the center of gravity, but was successful.
- Installed all the electronics right in place as per design and got it working
- Possible air flow was tested before making the real time object.
- Error Handling was maintained using CATIA V5.
Environment: Catia V5, AutoCAD, Mechanical Lathe, CNC lathe, Carpentry and Fabrication Skills.