- 7+ Years of IT experience which includes System Analysis and Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Servers 2012/2008 in Production, QA and Development Environments.
- Strong experience wif T - SQL(DDL & DML) in Implementing & Developing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Nested Queries, Joins, Cursors, Views, User Defined Functions, Indexes, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Creating & Updating tables and checking the database consistency by executing DBCC Commands.
- Good understanding of Normalization /De-normalization, Normal Form and database design methodology Expertise in using data modeling tools like MS Visio and Erwin Tool for logical and physical design of databases.
- Good Knowledge in programming languages C#, XML.
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Experience in application development and information systems.
- Expertise in SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2008 R2 Integration Services (SSIS) and in SQL Server 2008 R2 Analysis Services (SSAS) in Business Intelligence (BI).
- Hands on experience wif performing various SSIS data transformation tasks like Look-ups, Fuzzy Look-ups, Conditional Splits and Event Handlers, Error Handlers etc.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) (2005) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2008 R2/2012).
- Excellent noledge of Scheduling Jobs and Alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Ability to work in all stages of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, Create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
- Experience in Configure and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled the Reports in Report Manager.
- Experience in Interacting wif Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Experienced wif deployments, maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft cloud infrastructure Azure.
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, Loading data from Oracle, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Good noledge in creating OLAP cubes using SQL Server analysis services (SSAS).
- Good noledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using analysis Services.
- Involved in design of logical and physical data modeling using Erwin data modeling tool.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading) mappings using Informatica power center designer
- Experienced in Informatica by using different Transformations, creating Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions, Worklets, Workflows.
- Capable of functioning in an agile development environment, at times extracting data to enable discovery to help refine report specifications.
- As a key player in the team wif strong interpersonal and communication skills, me is ready to expand my noledge where it is necessary and dat me is eager to learn new technologies.
Operating System: Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2 Enterprise/Datacenter Server, XP Professional, UNIX.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2005/2000, MS Access, My SQL
Programming Languages: T-SQL, C, C++, Shell Scripting, SQL, HTML, Java Script, XML, C#, VB.NET, MDX
.Net Technologies: Microsoft .NET Framework CLR, CLS, CTS, C, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, XML Web Services, Win Forms, Web Forms, SOAP 1.1, WSDL, UDDI, .NET Remoting, COM/COM Interoperability, NUnit, WCF, WPF.
Business Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook.
Database Tools: SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, SQL Alerts, Index Tuning Wizard, BCP, DTS, Import/Export Wizard, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
Reporting Tools: Reporting Service (SSRS) 2008 R2/2012
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS, Informatica Power center.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Perform data Analysis and data validation by writing SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio
- Responsible for development of the UAT scripts, code fixing.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers, views, and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction.
- Experience in developing T-SQL queries for target data validation
- Analyze user requirements, functional and technical specifications, preparing test plans and writing test cases.
- Work wifBusiness users in understanding, documenting and testing their requirements.
- Work closely wif the Business Intelligence (BI) team to test reports.
- Conduct Post deployment analysis on production server for the new code changes.
- Proficient in usage of SSIS Control Flow items (For Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, and send mail task) and migrated data using SSIS, DTS wizard (Data Transformation Services) tool through Data Flow items (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot). Wrote SQL scripts using Script task to insert/update and delete data in SQL database.
- Developed complex mappings using corresponding Source, Targets and Transformations like update strategy, lookup, stored procedure, SQL, sequence generator, joiner, aggregate, and expression transformations in extracting data in compliance wif the business logic.
- Create SSIS packages wif error handling.
- Deploying packages on different servers by configuring it.
- Contribute to the test and production environment of the project after the completion of the development work assigned.
- Managed Business Executives and met document requirements on time.
- Developed mappings using Informatica to load the data from sources such as Relational tables, Flat files, Oracle tables into the target Data warehouse.
- Created complex mappings in Power Center Designer using Aggregate, Expression, Filter, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Rank, Joiner and Stored procedure transformations.
- Extensively used Informatica debugger to find out the problems in mapping. Also involved in troubleshooting and rectify the bugs.
- Experienced in development of sessions and workflows using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Involved in fixing of invalid Mappings, Performance tuning, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Testing of Informatica Sessions and the Target Data.
- Obtain end user sign off and approval on captured results before deploying the code to production.
- Participate in project meetings, providing input to project plans and providing status updates
- Actively participated in SCRUM Meetings to provide comments for user stories review meetings to provide updates on progress of the task.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, Windows 7, Query Analyzer, SSIS, SQL profiler, Performance Monitor, Query Optimizer, Microsoft Excel, Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.6, .NET, Unix.
- Formulated and documented the physical ETL process design based on business requirements and system specifications wif strong ETL design skills, including source to target mappings, transformations, lookups, aggregations, expressions.
- Design and develop SSIS packages, store procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; implement best practices to maintain optimal performance.
- ETL through SSIS and responsible for loading Data to DB from different input sources.
- Built SSIS packages wif EXCEL and FLAT file source wif validations to capture any kind of errors in the source.
- Migrated data from Oracle source to SQL server tables using SSIS.
- Deployed SSIS packages for various environments.
- Created packages in SSIS wif error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various data transformations like conditional split, fuzzy look up, for each loop, multi cast, column conversion, fuzzy grouping, and script components for de-duplication of data.
- Design, create and distribute reports in multiple formats such as Excel, CSV using SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 Reporting Services.
- Knowledge in creating dynamic connection script using C# to dynamically set connection strings and make the packages more portable.
- Knowledge in creating script tasks and script components using C# dat allow custom logic in control flows.
- Developed mappings/Transformation/Mapplets by using mapping designer, transformation developer and Mapplets designer using Informatica Power Center.
- Designed, developed Informatica mappings, enabling the extract, transport and loading of the data into target tables.
- Worked on different types of transformations available in Informatica like Expression, Filter, Aggregator, Lookup, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator and Joiner.
- Created and Configured Workflows, Worklets, and Sessions to transport the data to target using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Generated server side T-SQL scripts for data manipulation and validation and created various snapshots and materialized views for remote instances.
- Modified existing databases by adding/removing tables there by altering referential integrity, primary key constraints and relationships according to requirements
- Created trace in SQL Profiler and used Data base engine tuning advisor for Performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts.
- Fixes Production issues and monitoring the whole job process to deliver committed work.
- Provided documentation for the packages and scripts and job created for migrate data.
- Deployed reports to Report Manager and Troubleshooting for any error occur in execution.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, Windows 7, T-SQL, Informatica Power center 9.6, SSIS, SSRS, ASP.Net, C#
- Responsible for migrating data from staging area to enterprise-wide data warehouse to store reliable data for decision support systems using Data Stage.
- Transform data in ODS databases and load in the Enterprise data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Used several stages like Transformer, Sequential flat file, Aggregator, Remove Duplicates, Merge, sort, and Lookup during the development process of the Data Stage jobs.
- Working to design Dimension model for Business Process during project.
- Involved in setting up SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic Backups wif backup devices, database maintenance plans and recovery.
- Gathering and analyzing the requirements from both external and internal users.
- Created reports using SQL Server Reporting Services based on the requirements.
- Responsible for transferring the data using SSIS packages.
- Monitored the overall performance of the database to recommend and initiate actions to improve/optimize Performance.
- Extensive Knowledge in creating complex SSIS and DTS packages for ETL purposes. Implemented complicated transformations to be used in SSIS packages.
- SSIS Package Deployment to Production Server as well as Job Scheduling for Package in Daily bases.
- Generate Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS) and Experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Automated and enhanced daily administrative tasks including database backup and recovery.
- Create Complex SSIS Package from heterogeneous Source.
- Actively participated in review meetings wif Project Manager to ensure dat the development of projects meet business and system requirements.
- Documented the project work in Interface and for all process
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Integration Services tools (SSMS, BIDS and SQL Server Manager), SSRS, SSAS, Windows Server, MS Visio, Oracle 9i, MS Excel
SQL Server Developer
- Analysis, Design and Development.
- Database Administration, Production and Development Support.
- Created report interface using Visual Basic 6.0, which allowed users to select reports and dynamically filter reports.
- Created and developed the stored procedures, functions and triggers to handle complex business rules, history data and audit analysis.
- Created and maintained Roles and Database users.
- Provided assistance for development teams on tuning data, indexes and queries
- Automated and enhanced daily administrative tasks, including space management, backup & recovery and performance monitoring, block, and dead lock
- Configured securities and accesses for production databases and database servers
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Table Design, Schema Design and T-SQL in constructing Tables, Triggers, User Function, Views, User Profiles, Relational Database Models, Data Dictionaries and Data Integrity.
- Interacted wif Development Teams and Managers to analyze business needs and developed technical specifications.
- Merged Data from Heterogeneous Data stores (Oracle, Access and Excel) to SQL Server 2005 using SSIS packages.
- Participated in to Design ETL architecture and processes insurance and policies related record from different locations. Successfully met challenges of very high volume of data.
- Extensively used transformations, control flow tasks, data flow tasks, containers and event handlers