- 33 years of database design and development
- 28 years of Oracle development and DBA
- 25 years of PL/SQL and Ada programming
- 24 years of Unix and Linux
- 24 years of system design and architecture
- 20 years of custom ETL development
- 16 years of management and team leadership
- 15 years of data modeling and process modeling
- 14 years of scripting languages
- 14 years of OLTP systems development
- 14 years of BI, OLAP, and Data Warehousing
- 8 years of CASE, including DB/Artisan and Erwin
- 8 years of C programming
- 8 years of Scrum and other Agile
- 6 years of Agile tools such as JIRA
- 5 years of Object - oriented design and programming
- 4 years of management consulting
Software: Oracle, Performance Tuning, PL/SQL, Data Mart, Corporate Information Factory, Enterprise Data Model, Operational Data Store, ODS, Data Warehouse. Dimensions, Fact Table, OLAP, Cube, Database Administration. Code Generation, Rules Engine, Metadata, CASE, OLTP, Scrum Agile, Theory of Constraints, Agile, Extreme Programming, Advanced Queuing, Startup, Entrepreneur, ERP, Migration, ETL, Team Leader, Unix, Linux, C, OCI, Pro*C, Python, Ada.
- Built an Oracle real-time scheduling system supporting ETL and messaging traffic.
- Designed a data warehouse and operational data store (ODS) capable of implementation in either Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Performed as DevOps engineer for Oracle, Unix, and Linux systems.
- Built a data mart for political data synthesizing multiple data sources using Oracle 12.2, RHEL 7.4, and the Mulesoft Anypoint platform.
- Used Scrum as a project management method. Used integrated Oracle/Java testing environment, becoming proficient in UT/PLSQL, Junit and Cactus. Produced financial and demographic reports using PL/SQL and APEX. developed a data model and database using Postgresql, Hibernate, and Eclipse.
- Developed a batch external interface subsystem in 2 months without requirements, design, or ICDs.
- Refactored and ported 70,000 lines of PL/SQL code to a new Oracle 9i application. Produced an Oracle coding standards document.
- Produced system documentation using DB/Artisan and DBMS DDL.
- Produced system performance studies demonstrating orders of magnitude of improvement.
- Organized and managed a new team of production and development DBAs for a government agency.
- Participated in the organization of the larger IT staff for the same agency.