- Over seven years of Experience in developing Business Intelligence applications, Data analytics using Microsoft BI tools and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- Extensive experience in implementing BI and DW solutions in domains like Health Care, Insurance, Logistics, and Banking.
- Created query functions by understanding relationship between the business functions and its datasets to analyze the data and to find the powerful insights.
- Deep understanding of Power BI tool capabilities and appropriate use cases to extract the right value from the data.
- Can efficiently use Power BI and Tableau for reporting, modelling and transforming the data based on the requirements.
- Expertise in creating dashboards, reports, stories with visualization tools with forecasting and optimization of data and by proficiently writing sql queries, user defined functions, views, indexes and stored procedures.
- Meticulous in analyzing complex data using data visualization tools like SSRS, Tableau, Microsoft Power Bi to find the insights to improve decision making.
- Generated various types of reports like Tabular, Matrix and Charts using SSRS and created maps, animations, LOD dashboards using tableau.
- Created templates in SSRS and embedded KPI’s in web portal.
- Strong experience in Business and Data Analysis, Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Data Migration, Data Integration and Metadata Management Services.
- Excellent in High Level Design ofETL DTSPackages& SSISPackages for integrating data usingOLE DBconnection from heterogeneous sources like (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided bySSIS.
- Can trouble shoot technical issues during the ETL process, isolate the root cause and take appropriate action to amend the problem.
- In depth use of Data warehouse concepts, OLTP, OLAP, ETL, Star Schema, Snowflake, data modelling and SQL.
- Strong experience in SQL server integration services to integrate data from multiple heterogeneous data sources and to accelerate internal business processes.
- Experience in tableau report server development and deploying reports in tableau server and reporting services configuration.
- Experience inPerformance TuningandQuery Optimization.
- Exceptional analytical, qualitative, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge and aware of HIPAA privacy rules, ICD and CPT codes in healthcare domain.
- Implemented solutions using agile methodology by taking active part in sprint planning, Daily Scrum Stand Up, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Cultivated strong technical and soft skills to establish respect for the real - time data and importance of probability.
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Tableau 8.1/9.0/10.2
- Power BI 2.53
- VS 2008/2012/2014/2015
- R Programming
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- Team City
Confidential, Dayton, Ohio
- Interacted with the business users and business analyst to understand the requirements and develop reports by following all the reporting standards.
- Created and modified existing stored procedures to extract the data and to develop reports.
- Developed SSIS packages to load all lines of business data into a single table and use that data to populate dashboard.
- Modified existing Power BI dashboards based on the business user’s requirements.
- Worked on research stories to create STM for converting existing reports from Teradata to sql server.
- Developed SSRS reports in tubular, matrix and validated the reports. Trouble shoot the errors to break fix the report issues.
- Actively involved in Agile methodology by participated in story grooming sprint planning, Daily Scrum Stand Up, and Sprint Retrospective, JAD sessions, Peer review.
- Identified the factors involving the performance of the reports and coordinated in creation of indexes, statistics to improve the query turnaround time efficiently.
- Deployed the SSIS Packages and SSRS reports into all the environments using team city and octopus.
Environment: SQL Server, Teradata, Visual studio, MS Office Tools, Tidal, Team City, Octopus, Agile Methodology.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
- Interacted with Business users, Business Analysts to understand business requirements and transform them into technical specifications.
- Involved in the data migration from Teradata server to MSSQL Server of other reporting Systems.
- Created stored procedures, user defined functions, views, tables and T-SQL scripts for complex business logic
- Cleaned the data source using SSIS and MS SQL Server using conditional splits and Stored procedures.
- Used audit batch process to track number of rows inserted or updated on the tables.
- Grouped bunch of activities into one using sequence container and to organize things better.
- Generated a metadata for reporting using complex joins, Custom SQL, split and data blending.
- Designed, developed and managed metadata schema in regular intervals.
- Created a visualization dashboard which includes table calculations, calculated fields, filters, parameters, toggling, trend lines, clusters to meet the business requirements.
- Leveraged the power of visualization by making them interactive by creating groups and controlling them with parameters.
- Deployed reports onto the reporting server configuration.
- Deployed the workbooks and live data sources to Tableau Server under row-level security environment.
- Modulated reports performance by recording and analyzing performance workbook on timeline and execution query, tuned andoptimized analysis, calculated fields, layout and data source
- Troubleshoot errors and find the insights to solve the business problems.
Environment: Visual studio 2014/2015, MS SQL Server 2014, MS Office Tools, Control M.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Understand business initiatives including technical and none technical requirements.
- Development, support and monitorof SSIS packages using Visual Studio.
- Created SQL queries, Store Procedures, Functions, Views, Triggers and other DB objects in different phases as per required.
- Extracted data from multiple sources like DB2, Oracle, Access, MySQL etc.
- Scrubbing and monitoring data to make sure that it meets legal requirements.
- Developed SSRS reports in tubular or matrixand deploy them onto the server.
- Generated interactive reports by using cascading parameters, drill down and book marks.
- Involved in development of Dashboards like line graphs, bar graphs, area charts in Power BI using filters, drill down and drill through features.
- Transformed the data with the help of DAX, Power pivot and power query for the analysis using Power BI.
- Involved in assisting and assigning works to interns related to Power BI.
- Translated complex concepts in ways that can be understood by none technical audiences.
- Conduct code review to ensure delivery of high quality standards.
- Optimized the reports performance by understanding the end user’s interaction with the reports.
- Used TFS during development process to collaborate within the team members.
- Used agile methodology for SDLC and actively participated in sprint planning.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2012, Power BI, Team Foundation Server, Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Understood the objectives that make a project scope and helped in improving overall efficiency of the business functions.
- Performed data cleansing, data staging and transfer, and integrating and consolidating data from many usually disparate information systems and technologies.
- Created metadata for reporting services using joins, Custom SQL, split and data blending.
- Effectively involved in the maintenance of Data Server, metadata management, creating shared Data sources and publishing them to Server.
- Created multi-dimensional models using SSAS.
- Implemented a process of continuous review to reaffirm, adjust or replace metrics and see to it that the metrics measured are always optimal for achieving the missions for which they are aligned.
- Reviewed Business requirements and prepared the data and the reports as per the requirements.
- Developed various types of charts using SSRS to provide better visualization and to extract the knowledge from the data.
- Created Ad Hoc Reports, Frequency Reports, Summary Reports, Drill-down, Dynamic grouping, graphical, aging reports using SSRS.
- Deployed and configured SSRS reports in SQL Reporting Services Server.
- Guided end users to interact with reports to find insights.
Environment: Visual studio 2010, MSSQL Server 2008, MS Excel
- Effectively Involved in gathering the requirements of the project and analyzing them. And interacted with the client to analyze requirements in-depth.
- Extracted data from various sources and performed data joins and data blending.
- Developed crystal reports based on the business requirement.
- Created different type of charts Like tabular, matrix, list, bar, pie charts.
- Created worksheets and dashboards using custom queries and multiple tables.
- Developed interactive reports using Cascading parameters, Embedded reports and bookmarks.
- Created templates in SSRS, placed into the directory and modified the templates as per requirement.
- Validated the data for each report and reviewed the reports before deploying.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Deployed reports on to the server.
- Designed OLAP cube(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart and warehouse systems to meet reporting requirements.
Environment: Visual studio 2010,2012, MS Office Suite, SQL Server 2008, MS Excel
- Understand the business requirement document and supported team in designing database model.
- Created queries to store the application’s data into the database tables.
- Involved in developing conceptual and logical data base model to visualize database structure.
- Created database triggers for automation with the help of stored procedures for logging and storing information on table access, imposing security authorizations and preventing invalid transactions.
- Created indexes to improve database performance.
- Reviewed the query performance and to optimize the code.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Share Point, MS Excel 2008