- Around 9+ years of IT experience in Database Design and Development on Microsoft SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 /2005 Sound knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) with substantial experience with object oriented analysis and design methodologies. Possess experience in independently handling design, development, documentation and testing phases in a project environment.
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Troubleshooting.
- High degree of proficiency in gathering user specifications from business users and preparing detailed Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s).
- Extensive experience with T - SQL, Functions, Views. Created complicated SQL procedures to meet the requirements of the systems being developed.
- Experienced in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP utility, DTS and SSIS services.
- Experience in building Data Integration and Workflow Solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Highly skilled in creating dynamic and customized packages for ETL from various data sources using SSIS.
- Expertise in designing Data Flow task, Work Flow task and designed various SSIS Transformations like OLEDB Command, Conditional Split, Aggregate, Multicast and Derived Column.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB Connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and union all.
- Experienced in performing Incremental Loads and Data cleaning in SSIS. Managed Error handling, logging using Event Handlers in SSIS.
- Expert in creating simple and parameterized reports and also complex reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Tabular Reports, and Charts/Graphs using SSRS in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Expert in creating different types of reports such as drill down reports, drill through reports, parameterized reports, linked reports, sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience in Deploying reports in various sources like Web browser in XML and PDF formats.
- Experience in design and implement processes for deploying, managing, and extracting data for reporting using SQL Reporting Services SSRS.
- Hands-on experience with analyzing query plans, using extended Stored Procedures, managing indexes.
- Thorough Software Development life cycle (SDLC) experience including development, designing, analysis, coding, testing and implementation.
- Performance tuning MDX and dimensions design and scaling to large numbers of users in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Enhanced the functionality in database and data ware housing concepts (OLAP, OLTP) Cube by creating KPI, Actions and Perspective using SQL Server Analysis Services 2008(SSAS).
Database Management System: MS SQL SERVER 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS-Access,DB2
Database Utilities: Enterprise Manager, query analyzer, SQL server, Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio.
ETL Tools: SQL Server integration services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services
Reporting Tools: MS SQL Server Reporting Services, Qlik View, Power BI
Programming Language: TSQL, SQL,.NET,Java
Operating Systems: WindowsServe 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014
Utility Tools: MS Office, Visual Source Safe 6.0
Confidential - Trenton, NJ
SQL MSBI Developer
- Worked as adeveloperin creating complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views and complexSQLstatements for applications.
- Extensive Testing on the Performance of the Stored Procedures.
- Developed complex T-SQLcode for the application conversions.
- Wrote and integrated Stored Procedures to generate the Reports.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed various operationalDrill-throughandDrill-downreports usingSSRS
- Developed different kind of reports such aSub Reports,Charts,Matrix reports,Linked reports.
- Design and implementation of stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Wrote complex stored procedures to process employee requirement and generating records between front End
- Interacting with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the development of stored Procedures, Triggers, and problems related to the privileges.
- Developed complex SQL queries using store procedure, CTE, temporary table to support SSRS and Power Bi reports
- Managed and resolved design issues during development
- Created dashboard reports in Power BI Desktop, using SQL server Data source
- Developed Dax measures in Power BI to satisfy business needs.
- Experienced in creating package dynamics by using SSIS expressions and variables.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to Data warehouse systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Performed Documentation for all kind of SSIS packages.
- Identified data sources, constructed data decomposition diagrams, provided data flow diagrams and documented the process
- Created and designed the multiple dimensions and fact table for business report purpose
- Designed and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers according to business rules using SQL server 2012
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of the data warehouse, analysis services cubes, dashboards, and reporting needs.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard in SSAS and SSIS.
- Identified data quality issues and supported the data governance initiative by participating in necessary activities including data profiling
- Developed logging for ETL load at the package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012/2008, SQL Integration Services (SSIS)2012/2008, SQL Analysis services (SSAS)2012/2008, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2008, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL.,VB.Net, Java, Power BI
Confidential, Warren, NJ
SQL server Developer
- Worked on the file import framework process for the various flat files structures to get data imported into our database.
- Created the Stored Procedures, tables, Views depending upon the project requirement.
- Created the deployment scripts after the development is done for every project.
- Automated the SSIS Packages using the SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Troubleshooter the SSIS/SQL job Agent whenever necessary.
- CreatedSSISpackages to clean and load data to data warehouse.
- Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages and scheduling the package through Jobs in all Tiers including Dev, UAT and Prod, Setting the Configuration files which is done in the specified tables and created technical specs documents for all the enhancements.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of T-SQL blocks.
- Imported the various files provide by the clients into the relational database systems.
- Used the BCP to load the large volumes of data from files into tables.
- Worked with Business Analysts and Users to understand the requirement.
- CreatedSSISPackages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Responsible for creating internal reports based on the project requirements and deployed the generated reports directly on the client’s workstation.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and customer representatives for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS).
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drilldown reports, and parameterized, cascaded reports according to business requirement.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, report expressions and Functions. Designed complex reports like dynamically driven parameterized reports, reports with sub reports, drill through reports using SQL Server reporting services 2008.
- Defined Schemas, i.e. relationships between Measure groups and Dimensions in SSAS.
- Used Visual Source Safe as Version Control Tool.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Performance Point Server, T-SQL, Visual Source Safe, SQL prompt, .NET Framework.
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
SQL Server Developer
- Actively participated in gathering of User Requirement and System Specification.
- Filtered bad data using complex T - SQLstatements, and implemented various constraint and triggers for data consistency.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistency Data entry into the database.
- Created reports from database onto excel spread sheet using DTS.
- Wrote complex stored procedures to process employee requirement and generating records between front End and back end.
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for the Performance ofSQLServer, which covers Database Integrity
- Experience in Data Modeling using Erwin Design Tool
- Created Users and Roles, and managed security and permission of database.
- Managed and resolved design issues during development
- Worked to establish connectivity between VB applications and MSSQLserver by using ODBC
Environment: T-SQL,SQLServer 2000, SSMS, DTS, Erwin, Windows NT server, VB, Visual Basic.net
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Jr. SQL Server Developer
- Involved in configuring and converting MS SQL Server 2000 database to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Partially involved in Database design and Database objects.
- Created backups for databases.
- Partly Involved in Performance tuning.
- Created ActiveX DLL COM Components using Visual Basic 6.0.
- Responsible for Developing GUI Screens
- Involved in developing E-R diagrams, logical & physical data modeling, development and implementation of the system.
- Responsible for creating COM Components using ActiveX DLLs and for creating database and database objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules and functions.
- Developed various management reports using Crystal reports 8.0.
- Maintain the application as per the user requirement.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, ASP .Net, VB Script, Crystal Reports, Access, Excel,C++