- 7 years of experience in data analysis, Database Installation, creation, configuration, maintenance and development support using MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016.
- Experienced in troubleshooting during a crisis, incident or disaster. Whether it is a planned mock event or production outage.
- Experienced in performance analysis, tuning, query optimization and system monitoring techniques.
- Good experience in database partitioning such as creating file groups, table and index partitioning.
- Experienced with Clustering, Standby Servers, Mirroring and Log Shipping for ensuring High Availability.
- Experienced in implementing Replication models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional Replication.
- Expert in creating linked servers to run distributed queries between Oracle10g and SQL Server 2014, 2012, and 2008R2.
- Good Experienced in monitoring views, stored procedures and functions for better performance.
- Experienced in data modeling, design of OLTP, OLAP using normalization and de normalization methods.
- Experienced in database logical design and converting into physical Model using Ervin and Visio.
- Experienced in fine tuning SQL queries, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Experienced in implementing SQL Server security like maintaining Database authentication modes, creation of users and login, configuring permissions and assigning roles to users.
- Excellent knowledge with SQL Server Storage Structures, Index and Security Architecture.
- Experienced in creating clustered and non clustered indexes and full text indexing for better performance.
- Experienced in database Migration, Backup, Restore and Recovery procedures.
- Experienced in taking full, differential, log and file group backups for SQL 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008R2, 2008 and 2005.
- Experienced in using System Monitor, Profiler and Database tuning advisor to resolve long running queries.
- Good Experience in Monitoring SQL Server logs and performance counters for better productivity.
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization using database tuning adviser.
- Experienced in SQL Script development and scheduling Agent jobs in SQL 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008R2, 2008.
- Experienced in writing T - SQL code for joints, sub queries and co-related sub queries in Stored Procedures.
- Experience using Oracle database system, customer relation management (CRM), service management system (SMS) and Trouble ticketing system.
- Extensive Knowledge of data mining and Time Series algorithms and statistics.
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) OLAP Cubes, Snow Flakes Schema, Star Schema.
- Expert level ability to sort, mine and analyze data using Microsoft Excel, including pivot table.
- Expert level ability in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft publication, Microsoft lync, Microsoft project and Internet Applications.
- Strong skills in application of oracle.
- Demonstrated ability to make use of large databases by means of analytical tools.
- Experienced working with group and independent in 24/7 production environment.
Operating Systems: MS Windows 10/8/7/XP/2000/NT, DOS and Unix/Linux, Citrix, Sharepoint.
Windows Servers: Windows 2016/2014/ 2012 R2/2012/2008R2/2008/2003R2/2003.
SQL server tools: MS SQL Server Management Studio 2016/2014/ 2012 /2008R2/2008/2005, Business Intelligence Development Studio, MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, DTS, SQL Server 2014/ 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005 Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Advisor.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/ 2012 /2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS Access 2010/2007/2003 , Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g,9i MY SQL, DB2, Power Builder, Sybase, ASE 15.0, Mongo DB, Hadoop, Teradata & Oracle Clinical 4.6.
Oracle Tools: Toad 12.0, PL/SQL, Ora-Excel, Shell Scripting, Power Shell, VB Script & Java Script.
Languages: T-SQL, C, C++, VB6, Oracle PL/SQL,ASP.NET,VB.NET,C#.NET,Java,Assembly Language, High Level Fortran 77,Smil,XML,HTML,DHTML, SAS,OpenCdisc,CDARS R,CDM,SapMaker, SPLUS and SPSS.
Reporting Tools: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 /2008 R2/2008/2005 Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports XI, Cognos, Abinitio, Macromedia Director 8, Quality Center, Loadrunner8.0, Winrunner 7.6,Testdirector 8.0.
Web technologies: XML, HTML, XSLT, Ado.Net, VBScript, IIS, Web logic, IE, Web Fair Netscape & Active Server Pages.
Modeling Tools: ER Diagrams, Erwin 4.x,9.2, MS Visio 2013/ 2010/2007/2003 .
Other Tools: SQL LiteSpeed, SQL Watch, DB Artisan, Rapid SQL.
MS SQL Server DBA
- Established and maintained the direction of the SQL Server service and managed the acquisition and implementation of the hardware, software, and storage components to achieve that direction.
- Managed SQL Server services including availability, performance, backups, security, software updates, customer support, communication, and documentation.
- Involved in defining, creating, and maintaining SQL Server databases and instances.
- Maintained SQL Server database backup and recovery procedures.
- Involved in Troubleshooting and resolving any Database performance issues.
- Involved in designing of high-availability methods such as Clustering, AlwaysON, Transactional Replication and Log Shipping.
- Involved in monitoring and fine tuning the database indexes and performance.
- Migrated and refreshed SQL Server databases between the development and production environments.
- Monitored and tuned databases and underlying subsystems (like windows and storage) for improving performance.
- Monitored database space utilization and reorganize as needed.
- Supported the implementation of new versions of the MS SQL Server software.
- Assisted with problem determination isolating the source of problems in the SQL instances, tools, applications.
- Performed operational DBA duties, such as installation, database upgrades, patching, environment cloning, implementing backup/recovery and monitoring procedures, capacity planning, site failover/switchover.
- Created various reports using SSRS.
- Loaded the data into another data sources (SQL SERVER, MY SQL, ORACLE) using SSIS.
- Created various SSIS packages based upon the requirement.
- Involved to Azure Cloud Technologies.
Environment: SQL Server 2016/2014/2012 , Windows Server 2008/2012/2012 R2, SQL LiteSpeed, MSE, VSS, Password Updater,Idera, Sql Diagnostic Manager, Microsoft Azure and SCOM.
Microsoft SQL Server DBA
- Installed and Upgraded from SQL Server 2008 to 2008 R 2/2012/2014.
- Migrated Databases from SQL Server SQL 2008r2 to SQL 2012/2014.
- Migrating and new installations of SQL Server on VMWARE environment and supporting the SQL Server instances, which are lying on the VM servers.
- Installed and configured SQL 2012/2014 AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Installed and configured clustering and AlwaysOn Availability Groups environment as a High availability DR solution.
- Tuning queries which are running slow using Profiler and Statistics IO by using different Methods in terms of evaluating joins, indexes, updating Statistics and code modifications.
- Created complex stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Tables and other SQL Joins and Statements for Applications by using T-SQL.
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Involved in performing Database security and integrity planning
- Designed Data Integrator jobs with Error Handling and email notifications.
- Managing Databases spread across multiple servers in Production, Development, staging & testing environments.
- Daily routine DBA tasks like handling user's permissions and space issues on Production and Semi-Production Servers and handling maintenance Jobs.
- Routine DBA jobs like Backups and Restores.
- Performed Encryption on table level, TDE encryption (database level) and SSL encryption (server level).
- Setup and maintained Linked Servers.
- Used SQL compare tool to generate SQL upgrade advisory reports for the application teams.
- Monitored SQL server performance using spotlight.
- Create custom and Ad-hoc reports using SSRS.
- Create Event Handlers for the Packages using Event Handler Tab for Error Handling.
Environment: SQL Server 2014/2012, IIS, Windows Server, Performance Monitor, Backup Utility, MOM, MSE and Sitescope.
MS SQL DBA
- Installed and upgraded all software from SQL 2008 to 2008 r2.
- Identified and resolved the query performance using SQL Profiler and Index tuning wizard.
- Created and monitored jobs on backup, recovery and other maintenance services on specific databases.
- Involved in managing backup strategy, monitoring logs, advising on hardware configurations.
- Implemented and tuned queries developed by other members, and worked with QA teams to test and verified solutions.
- Acted as the subject matter expert SME for database-related matters.
- Participated in creating and implementing Disaster Recovery and High Availability Plans Backup/restore, Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication etc.
- Analyzed, designed, and architected the infrastructure of the migration of standalone environments to clustered and mirrored environments.
- Involved in implementing Quest Lite Speed for SQL Backup and Restore.
- Worked closely with project managers and technical project leads to develop and formalize tasks relative to database development within each project.
- Worked on Merge, Merge Join and Multicast Transformations while migrating data using SSIS.
- Worked on monitoring SSIS data flow transformations using data viewers and event handlers.
- Worked on moving data into flat files, OLEDB destinations and SQL server using SSIS packages.
- Developing Crystal Reports used to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Report including current status.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 r2, MS Office, Oracle, Windows, XML, MS Project.