- 9 years of experience in Data Analysis, Design, Implementation, Administration and support of Business Intelligence using SQL Server SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Published reports to Azure based Power BI services (Pro) and schedule subscription and various sharing options (workspace, content pack, and Apps).
- Excellent hands on experience in groups, hierarchies and measures, KPIs.
- Expert in working on all phases of Data warehouse from gathering requirements to testing, implementation, and support.
- Excellent knowledge in Performance tuning methodologies at database level, ETL, and Report Level
- Proficient in teh ER - Data Modeler, for teh designing of Conceptual Design, Logical Design, and Physical Design and setting up teh database model.
- Excellent knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including Star schema, Snowflake, ETL processes, Dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Proficient in applying transformation rules - Data Conversion, Data Cleansing, Data Aggregation, Data Merging and Data split.
- Expert in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Proficient with SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Query Analyzer, scheduling jobs with SQL Server Agent, and SQL Profiler
- Expert in creating ad-hoc reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Proficient in writing teh Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexed Views.
- Internally trained on Cosmos, Kusto's.
- Converted unstructured stream to structured stream by Writing Scope Scripts, scheduling jobs in time ranges as Daily/weekly/Monthly, writing merge scripts to merge years of data to represent in trend graphs and publishing teh data to cosmos/Kusto's/ Sql according to requirements
- Good Hands on experience writing Scope Scripts for Cosmos (Big Data) Azure Services and cloud services.
- Experience in providing logging, Error handling by using event handler and custom logging for SSIS packages.
- Excellent hands on experience in groups, hierarchies and measures, KPIs.
- Strong Communication and Management Skills with excellent role-playing capabilities.
- Extensive use of DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) functions in creating Power BI dashboards, reports and Tabular Models.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks, decisive with strong leadership qualities, flexible in work schedules and possess good communication skills.
- Proficient in Data Warehouse concepts, OLTP, OLAP, Star Schema, Snow flake Schema, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Proficient in creating joins for queries involving multiple tables.
- Proficient with T - SQL to create Tables, Views and Stored Procedures.
- Proficient in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Strong knowledge inPowerBIon how to import, shape, and transform data for business intelligence (BI), Visualize data, author reports, schedule automated refresh of reports and create and share dashboards.
- Extensively used DAX functions like SUM, MIN, AVG, COUNTROWS, DISTINCTCOUNT, IF, OR, SWITCH, ISFILETERD, ISCROSSFILTERED, CALCULATE, CALULATETABLE, ALL, VALUES, SUMMARIZE, ADDCOLUMNS, ROW in Power BI and Tabular reports.
- Extensively used custom R-Visuals, Clustered Bar Charts, Clustered Column charts, Donut Charts, Hierarchy slicers, Waterfall charts, Scatter charts, Area charts, KPI s in power BI reports.
- Extensively involved in creating robust complex power BI models, writing complex DAX logic s involving rank, filters and data massaging.
- Extensively used visual filters, page filters, report filters and drill through filters in power BI reports.
- Designed, developed and deployed reports, sub-reports, drill down reports, and drill through reports and parameterized reports and adding new features to teh reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS.
- Possess technical skills in defining Source and target metadata definitions for Source to Target mapping specification.
- Used Script component using C#.Net to perform row by row transformations in data flow tasks
- Designed and developed SSIS packages to extract data from teh transactional and/or operational databases, transformed teh data according to analytical / reporting business needs, and loaded teh data into a data warehouse or data mart.
- Worked with subject matter experts (SME's) and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate teh data migration requirements.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, Windows 7, MS Office, Dax, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SharePoint,Powerpivot,Powerview,PowerBI, Python.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Proficient in designing, developing and deploying reports, sub - reports, drill down reports, and drill through reports and parameterized reports and adding new features to teh reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS.
- Excellent knowledge in performing daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server tools like SSMS and SQL Server Agent.
- Communicate with Business to gather requirements and to implement teh changes efficiently.
- Proficient in teh ER-Data Modeler, for teh designing of Conceptual Design, Logical Design, and Physical Design and setting up teh database model
- Designed and implemented SSIS packages to migrate data from heterogeneous data sources to staging database and load teh data to data warehouse or data marts.
- Strong knowledge in designing and developingPowerBIvisualization according to business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards
- Manage offshore team and assure timely delivery
Environment: MS Visio 2008, SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Windows 7, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS,PowerBI
Confidential, Atlanta, GA.
- Conducted database administration, execution estimation and execution tuning for new databases and existing databases by utilizing SQL Profiler, Data Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Developed complex projects in T - SQL, composing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution design.
- Generated occasional reports in view of teh factual investigation of teh information utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed large number of standard and customized reports using SSRS for data feeds and for Reports on server.
- Rewrote SQL questions to redesign SQL Server execution utilizing SQL Server 2008
- Defined Check imperatives, Business Rules, Indexes, and Views.
- Optimizing Stored Procedures and long-running questions utilizing ordering methodologies and inquiry advancement strategies.
- Created reports utilizing SSRS, Excel services,PowerBIand deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements.
- Used teh SSIS Import/Export, relocated teh Heterogeneous Database, for example, Oracle and Access database, level documents to SQL server 2008.
- Managed up degree of DTS bundles to SSIS bundles
- Responsible for creating, observing and conveying SSIS bundles.
- Configured SQL mail operator for sending programmed messages when a SSIS bundle is fizzled or succeed.Created questions for creating drill down reports in SSRS 2008. Organized teh reports utilizing teh Global factors, articulations and Functions.
- Created Linked Servers to associate OLE DB information sources and suppliers.
- Designed different reports utilizing diverse detailing highlights, for example, amass by and penetrate through and so on.
- Created teh Data source connections, Data Source Views, Relationships, Named Query for customized analysis in SSAS.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS and in adding calculations using MDX.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, Excel, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2008 (SSRS), SSAS 2008, DTS, Windows Server 2008, MS Excel, MS Access,PowerBI.
SQL BI Developer
- Our team had to extract teh data from different Sources DB2 (OLTP), Access, Mainframe files to Data warehouse, before load teh data in DW we created Staging environment to increase teh performance. And this is made to support decision making based on transactional data.
- Participated in Business Analysis & requirement collection.
- Involved in designed teh template of SSIS packages to approach teh business requirement.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, Excel, DB2, SQL 2000, and SQL 2005).
- Created/updated Stored Procedure, Triggers, User Defined Functions, User defined data type, Scripts and batches.
- Removed Duplicate records from teh source using complex query, analytical functions and ad - hoc scripts.
- To achieve business requirements, used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, VB Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Variables, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task.
- Used Look up, Pivot, Merge Join, Union all, Derived Column, Conditional Split, and Aggregate transformation to manipulate data in SSIS package data flow.
- Provided Dynamic Configuration, Custom Package Logging, Error Handling, and Notification to SSIS template package.
- Created deployment utility to deploy SSIS Packages.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into teh database.
- Created Historical Load job and Incremental Load job load in Development environment and QA Environment using SQL Agent.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension Type 1 and Type2 for required Dimensions and participated in performance tuning SSIS package.
- Tuned queries using Query Optimization techniques.
- Validated DIM and FACT data using Data Profiling Task to check correct data population.
- Validated to Cube aggregations and calculations with source table and requested required changes on cube side and did required changes on ETL side.
- SQL Server Profiler for tuning report queries and improves performance in SQL Server.
- Worked closely with DBA team to regularly monitor system for bottlenecks and implement appropriate solutions.
- Run Import/export wizard to load data between TEST and DEV Server, provided CSV and Excel files to mangers for teh records they want for different meetings.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, Windows 2000/2003, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Profiler, MS Excel 2003, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Team Foundation Server, Crystal Reports.
- Actively participated and interacted with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand teh requirements of teh system.
- Worked on teh Reports module of teh project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2005(using SSRS, T - SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Extracted data from many operational systems, including flat files, spread sheets and RDBMSs like SQL Server and Oracle 8i.
- Conducted and automated teh ETL operations to Extract data from multiple data sources, transform inconsistent and missing data to consistent and reliable data, and finally load it into teh Multi-dimensional data warehouse.
- Created reports from OLAP, sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports using SSRS
- Worked on DTS/SSIS for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database (Access database and xml format data) to SQL Server.
- Involved in Data Integration by identifying teh information needs within and across functional areas of an enterprise database upgrade and Migration with SQL server Export Utility.
- Used DTS/SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts and performed action in XML.
- Involved in deployment of SSRS reports on teh SharePoint Portal.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Wrote stored procedures to get teh fields required for teh reports.
- Created datasets using stored procedures and reports using multi value parameters
- Created sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server, RDBMS, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, OLAP, XML, ETL.