- Versatile MSBI Consultant with 7 years of experience in designing and development of database/BI application using MS SQL Server, MS BI Stack, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Experience within multiple industries such as legal, insurance, healthcare, and banking.
- SQL Server 2012 2008R2 2008 2005
- T - SQL Programming
- Dynamic SQL
- MS Visio
- Integration Services (SSIS)
- OLAP Cubes
- Tabular Mode
- Report Builder
- Report Server)
- Power BI (Power View
- Power Pivot)
- PerformancePoint Services
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Cloud Services
- Azure SQL Database (PaaS)
- Azure Storages
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Warehouse
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
Power BI Reports Developer
- Collaborated with the business users and analysts through JRD sessions for requirement gathering.
- Designed business specific relationships and advanced constraints per business requirements.
- Implemented normalization and de-normalization of existing tables to improve query processing and execution.
- Wrote functions and stored procedures that helped improve performance and provide business functionalities.
- Implemented table variables, temp tables, CTE’s, and dynamic SQL techniques to improve the performance of slow running queries.
- Analyzed query execution plan; based on that managed Indexes to improve query performance.
- Customized KPIs with MDX expressions to analyze company information and make appropriate business decisions.
- Created sub, drill-down, summary, and matrix reports in SSRS.
- Wrote MDX expressions to retrieve data from the cube to display in SSRS reports.
- Scheduled reports with the help of standard/data-driven subscriptions in SSRS.
- Developed various dashboards utilizing Power BI with multiple scorecards such as average claims processing times, sales trends, claim processing costs.
- Created analytical reports anddashboards with Power View toidentify critical KPIs.
- Wrote DAX expressions to create calculated measures and columns in Power BI.
- Created dashboards with multiple graphs, pie charts, slicers, maps, heat maps utilizing Power BI Desktop.
- Created alerts on several thresholds in Power BI dashboards using Power BI services.
- Developed apps to share the Power BI dashboards to different user groups.
- Published excel data to Power BI services using Power BI publisher.
- Configured Power BI On-premises gateway to set-up scheduled data refresh of datasets.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Participated in JAD meetings and outlined functional requirements to design the data migration process.
- Developed complex stored procedures to perform index maintenance, data profiling, metadata searches.
- Performed data profiling of OLTP database systems and defined data mappings.
- Examined and evaluated data structures of the source/legacy systems, analyzed data quality and performed data cleanups.
- Designed ETL packages to extract, transform, and load data from Elite Enterprise DB to SQL Server staging database.
- Implemented auditing and error handling techniques in SSIS packages with logs and event handlers.
- Developed the parent/child packages to ensure only the parent package requires scheduling, consequently initiating other packages.
- Designed SQL scripts to perform data validation post data load process.
- Optimized queries by modifying TSQL code, recompiling stored procedures and partitioning large tables.
- Helped storyboard the ETL processes using dimensional data modeling techniques.
- Coordinated with the testing team for data validation and trial conversion activities and load data for testing and live conversion into applicable databases.
- Automated the execution on data migration packages utilizing SQL Server Agent jobs and proxy accounts.
- Evaluated and created different document to support data migration process and troubleshooting during data migration process.
- Collaborated with team utilizing TFS to synchronize data with differing sources.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
BI SSRS Developer
- Collaborated with business users and project management to gather system specification requirements for the project via JRD sessions.
- Remodeled OLTP tables, stored procedures, user-defined functions, and views as per changes in business process.
- Developed ad-hoc, parameterized, drill-down, and drill-through reports with parameters in SSRS.
- Created and published SSRS reports to the Report Server.
- Formatted and extended SSRS reports with parameters within reports, multi-value parameters, expressions, and embedded functions.
- Created multiple reports in SSRS to present insurance claims data, claims types and claims amount to perform gap analysis.
- Designed and deployed parameter-driven reports by setting up report-level parameters in SSRS.
- Automated report deliveries to multiple recipients with subscriptions in SSRS.
- Facilitated detailed analysis and strategic planning within the organization with analytical reports within Power BI.
- Performed basic data cleansing utilizing Power BI desktop such as splitting columns, datatype conversion, conditional columns.
- Implemented filters and DAX expressions in Power BI reports.
- Deployed and debugged reports/dashboards on report and Power BI service.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
- Developed and created tables, views, index, stored procedures, and functions per requirement specification.
- Created stored procedures, functions, and triggers for data retrieval/updates in the database.
- Created data mapping document (DMD) by analyzing various OLTP data sources.
- Modified temporary tables, indexes, and lookup techniques to optimize stored procedures.
- Wrote CTEs and ranking functions to remove duplicate records in OLTP tables.
- Implemented error handing techniques such as try catch and error functions to create robust T-SQL code.
- Prevented potential blocks and deadlocks with complex code and incorporating different isolation levels.
- Created SSRS reports to produce in-depth business analyses in SSRS.
- Generated SSRS reports utilized global variables, expressions, and functions for the reports.
- Created data driven subscriptions for different users in SSRS.
- Designed various dashboards with multiple score cards to support analysis utilizing Power Pivot.
- Managed roles on report manager to handle security of SSRS reports.
Confidential, Baton Rouge, LA
- Created ER diagrams and applied normalization to improve querying.
- Ensured data consistency; created primary/foreign keys and appropriate constraints.
- Created DDL and DML triggers to maintain database integrity.
- Performed data analyses and data profiling with TSQL and data profiling tasks.
- Implemented BCP utility and bulk inserts for transferring data between SQL server and flat files.
- Created new database objects with T-SQL such as procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, and views.
- Helped deploy SSIS Packages on various deployment servers using configuration files.