- Over 8 years of experience in BI software development with the core competency in Tableau and Business Objects
- Extensive experience working with Business Intelligence data visualization tools with specialization on Tableau 10.0/10.2.1/10.3/10.4
- Sound technical knowledge of relational databases, dimensional data modeling, structured query language (SQL), data warehouse and reporting techniques. Strong hands - on experience using SQL with a relational DBMS such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server.
- Knowledge in Big Data Projects using HBase (Hadoop) and Hive.
- Knowledge in Data warehouse approaches and schema.
- Experience in performing Data analysis using Hive.
- As a Tableau Developer I am responsible for creating great visualizations which help customers to take their decisions.
- Worked with Extracted Data Sources and Live Connection Sources.
- Database Administration, Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), Reporting Services(SSRS), and Analysis Services(SSAS).
- Experienced in Installing, Upgrading and Configuring of Microsoft SQL Server and Databases.
- Good hands on experience on performance tuning of SQL Server for handling transactions at high volume.
- Delivered KPI and trend information to business lines, sales development and marketing groups.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines, and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Experience inTrouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reportsand resolving issues withinTableau ServerandReports
- Created ad-hoc reports for the upper level management using Stored Procedures and MSSQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) following the business requirements.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, and administrationof Tableau Server in amulti-serverandmulti-tierenvironment.
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards. Created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data. Act as a Point of Contact in Data Interoperability, Analytics and BI and Production Support issue resolution.
- Extensively worked with large databaseTeradatain Development, Test and Production environments.
- Developed Task Lists, Work Flows, Menus and Business Rules with an option for Run-time prompts.
- Tracked Tableau Server Performance for Alerts, Monitoring, Tuning, and Troubleshooting.
- Experienced in roles such as End-to-End BI and data-warehouse Solution implementation expert, BI Project Concept Scoping, BI Semantic Layer Designer, BI Reports/Dashboards/Scorecards design and development, Project Management, Business Analyst, BI KPIs Modeling.
Visualization Tools: Tableau Desktop 10.5/9.0/8.3 , Tableau Server 10.3/9.3/8.3/8.2/7 , Tableau Reader, Qlik Sense, Tibco Spotfire, Power BI
OLAP Tools: Hyperion System 11, Hyperion System 9 BI+, Hyperion Essbase 11.x/9.x, Hyperion Planning, Excel Add-In, Smart View
ETL: Informatica Power Center 8.1.1/7.1.2 , DataStage 7.5, ODI
Tools: Erwin 4.0, SQL Developer, TOAD, Pl/SQL Developer Tidal Enterprise Edition and MS Visio, MS Excel
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Teradata and IBM DB2.
Languages: SQL, HTML, C, C++, Unix Shell Scripting
Environment: Windows 7/XP/2000/2003/NT 4.0/Vista, UNIX, Sun Solaris, Linux, and MS-DOS.
Sr. Tableau Developer/Admin
- Interacting with Business Architecture and Reporting Manager, gathering the requirements according to client needs.
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models.
- Built functionalities by writing condition to in corporate with various metrics and hands on experience in Level of Detail Expressions (LOD’s) such as Daily profit KPI, Percent of total, yearly trending analysis and root cause behavior.
- Writing complex SQL queries on Teradata handling source data challenges and adapting to the dynamic nature of the project.
- Developed various reports using SQL for Inventory Management and Innovations team in accordance with Business Strategies.
- Created Dashboards using calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies inTableau.
- Highly experienced in creating Oracle BI Publisher Report Templates using BI Publisher Desktop Edition.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources from Excel/MySQL, AWSAmazonRedshift for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects withinTableauDesktop.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills in creating report templates, bar graphs, pie charts, debugging and testing of reports using SQL Server 2014/2016 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Involved in daily,bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, annual batch loads (Full & Incremental) into staging and ODS area, troubleshooting load issues and errors using SSIS.
- Experienced in creating OLAP cubes, DMX/MDX for SSAS Reports, identifying dimensions, KPI's, hierarchies and calculating measures and dimensions using SSAS.
- Designed and deployed interactive reports with Drill Downs, Drop down menu option, Parameters and Linked reports usingTableau
- Built reporting against Single, Multiple Tables, Views and Complex Custom SQL
- Build and publishTableaureports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, and parameters.
- Working knowledge inHadoopHDFS Admin Shell commands.
- Scheduled data refresh onTableauServer for Daily/weekly/monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Develop parameter-based reports, drill-down reports, charts, and Tabular reports usingTableauDesktop
- Migrated all dashboards fromTableau9.1 to 10.1
- Used SQL tools like Squirrel and Teradata SQL Assistant to run SQL queries and validate the data in the warehouse and marts.
Environment: Tableau Desktop (9.x/10.x), Tableau Server (9.x/10.x), SAS, Flat files, Oracle, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Windows 2003/ XP, UNIX.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst
- Basic understanding of financial instruments, accounting concepts, Hedge Fund Industry.
- Responsible to Create Dashboards for compliance reports, treasury reports, Daily P&L reports for Client and internal management using Tableau Desktop and Server.
- Prepare financial statements for all funds on the monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Involved in migration reports from various reporting tools like Spot fire, QlikView, and OBIEE to Tableau.
- Involved in migration reports from Oracle BI Publisher to Tableau. And involved in Data extraction and transformation to Oracle BI to Tableau
- Implemented Installation of Tableau Desktop 9.0/8.3 and Tableau Server.
- Used Trend Lines, Reference Lines and Annotations to describe the data. Created Data extracts for better performance and accessing data offline.
- Had good knowledge and experience in Data Modeling. Used parameters and input control to give users control over certain values.
- Worked extensively on setting up groups, roles and user permissions in Tableau Server.
- As a Site Level Admin created Project folders & assigned permissions for respective Active Directory groups
- Manage the application’s users, groups, and integration with Active Directory
- Experience in taking back ups and restoration of Tableau repository
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Created complex calculation using Table Calculation, Date, Aggregate functions in Tableau.
- Providing support once the dashboards were published if there were any data changes, system changes, or requirement changes.
- Assisting QA team in creating Test Cases, Test Scenarios and working closely with QA team in managing all the reported defects.
- Working closely with the Business teams in organizing Training for UAT Sessions and assisting business teams to write use cases throughout UAT Phase.
- Assist managers in meeting client expectation by monitoring timely delivery of daily, weekly and monthly deliverables.
- Publishing Reports, workbooks & data source to the server and export the reports in different Formats.
- Effective oral and written communication. Ability to engage meetings/calls with clients/counter parts in other groups.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9.0/8.3 Tableau server, SQL developer, SSIS, SSRS, Data Stage, Toad, Windows 2003.
Confidential, Oakland, CA
- Deep experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Created Interactive Dashboard, worksheets using Tableau with primary and secondary data sources using data blending where primary and secondary data sources linked by specified relationships.
- Extract data from Teradataand create data sources using Data warehousing concepts.
- Create action filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Hands-on development assisting users in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization dashboards.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
- Preparing workbooks using calculations, parameters in Tableau.
- Understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and LOB.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirement.
- Working on generating various dashboards in Tableau server using various sources such as SQL, BD2.
- Found ways to make graphs and tables visually exciting, and aesthetically pleasing, while at the same time maintaining the accuracy of the core information content that is being communicated.
Environment: Teradata, SQL, Tableau online, JIRA, Tableau 8.1/9.0.
Confidential, New Haven, CT
BI/SQL Server Developer
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Act as a Point of Contact/Administrator in Data Interoperability, Analytics and Business Intelligence and Production Support issue resolution.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Designed, developed and supported BI solutions, Involved in Debugging and monitoring, and troubleshooting issues.
- Involved in requirement gathering/analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover of Reporting and Analysis projects
- Analysis the metric dashboard reports and identified the formulas and functionality of the dashboard reports
- Developed WEBI reports by using advanced functionalities like Optional prompts, Data tracking, Merge function, Custom SQL at Report level
- Developed complex queries and sub-queries using different data providers
- Involved in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Performance Testing of reports and Universes
- Created Universes, Classes andObjectsfor management systemsBusinessObjectsXI R2.
- Updated and maintained Universes based on changing user requirements and data source changes.
- Performance tuning of Reports by creating Linked Universes, Joins, Contexts, Aliases for resolving loops and checked the integrity of the universes using Business Objects Designer module during development.
- Designed and Developed EIP Metadata Repository that consist of physical layer, business model / layers with aggregates, dimensions and Dimension hierarchies, presentation layer with catalogs & folders using Oracle BI Administration tool.
- Have worked with Oracle database and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 10.1.3.x
- Gained exposure working in Fraud, Loss Mitigation and Claims Processing Operations
- Analyzed and Automated manual tasks for generating reports using UNIX Shell scripting
Environment: Business Objects XIR 3.1, Oracle, Xcelsius 2008 SP5, Windows 7, Teradata v13/12, SAS EG
- Installed and maintained MS SQL Server 2005 on Windows server 2003 server.
- Worked on client/server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server.
- Support and maintained database clustering.
- Configuring, tuning and optimizing SQL Server 2000.
- Administer tasks like managing users, roles and permissions.
- Performance testing on stored procedures, indexes, and triggers.
- Creating DTS packages for data import/export and scheduling jobs for backups.
- Creating database maintenance plan for performance of SQL Server, which covers database integrity checks, update database statistics and re-indexing
- Maintained high availability of database using Database Mirroring and Log Shipping.
- Job monitoring and make sure all jobs running successfully at night.
- Performed level scripting, fixing of codes and software enhancement process.
- Worked with linked servers and distributed transactions.
- Migrated and tested DTS packages to SQL Server 2005 Integration Services.
- Involved in cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services.
Environment: Windows 2003 Server, MS SQL Server 2000, MS SQL Server 2005, SSRS.