- 7+ years of IT experience in the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementing and Testing Client/server application using Microsoft SQL Server and BI suite (Development, UAT and Production Environment).
- Strong technical knowledge in MS SQL Server development including SSIS, Microsoft Analysis Services, Performance tuning, Reporting, Designing logical/physical databases and Troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience with different phases of project life cycle (Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and debugging new and existing client - server based applications).
- In-depth knowledge of SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, BI suite, Reporting and Analytics.
- Experience in SQL Server DTS and SSIS (Integration Service) package design, constructing, and deployment.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2005/2008).
- Experience in creating dashboards, scorecards and building reports using performance point server 2007.
- SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012 RDBMS database(green plumb) development including T-SQL programming.
- SQL Server 2005 OLAP database development including KPIs, Data mining, working with changing dimensions.
- ETL implementation using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developing reports on SSAS & SSRS on SQL Server (2008R2/2012). Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP cube and Architecture.
- Experience in logical, physical, and dimensional data modeling, data mapping, and data normalization
- Experience with adhoc reporting, Parameterized, Custom Reporting using SSRS for daily reports and SSAS projects by using tabular modelling.
- Thorough understanding of KPI, Knowledge on integration of BI suite of products with Microsoft Office range of products like MOSS (SharePoint), Business Scorecard Manager & Dashboards.
- Worked in Data modeling, creating star and snowflake schemas in SSAS.
- Managing various applications like Financials Accounts, Inventory Control System and Payroll & Personnel Administration System.
- Developed robust analytical systems using MS Power BI (Excel 2013), Power Pivot (DAX), and Power Query (M)
- Designed intuitive, “Fisher-Priced” dashboards, insulating end-users from underlying complexities
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues and Proficiency in creating different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them.
- Experience in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective triggers, and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Involved in DBA activities such as backups, restores, replication etc.
- Exposure to CMMI, ISO and QA processes, change control management, source safe, version controlling etc.
- Worked on various datawhere houses like inmon & kimball
- Worked with the data architect to migrate legacy data into the new analysis data mart and created reports for inventory reportmodule.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, understand business requirements in various domains.
Databases: SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS Access, oracle 8i/9i/10g
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL
SQL Server Tools: Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008/2003/2000 , UNIX, Linux
ETL: SSIS, BCP, Import/Export Wizard, BI Studio
Data Modeling: Erwin Data modeler, ER Studio, MS Visio
OLAP Tools: SSAS, MS Excel
Reporting Tools: Visual Studio, Report Builder, SSRS, Crystal Reports, power BI, Tableau
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Work with data architect to identify and understand source data systems.
- Managing Tablespaces, Rollback segment, Indexes for various applications like Financials Accounts, Inventory Control System and Payroll & Personnel Administration System.
- Map source system data to the data warehouse and data marts.
- Worked in the Agile methodology using Scrum which has its primary focus on the management part of the software development, dividing the whole development period into 2 Weeks "sprints."
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, CTE, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Improved Performance by creating Clustered and Non clustered Indexes and by Optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler
- Created complex SSIS packages to extract data and scheduled Jobs to call the packages using SQL server agent.
- Formulated and documented the ETL (SSIS) process design based on business requirements and system specifications with strong ETL (SSIS) design skills, including source to target mappings, transformations, look ups, aggregations, and expressions.
- Populated centricity ODS database from Opera oracle database and centricity data warehouse from ODS database.
- Involved in package configuration to make the packages dynamic for successful execution of packages in development and production environment.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Row count, Cache Transform and Derived column while developing the packages.
- Implemented of Data Viewers, Logging, and Error Configurations for error handling the packages.
- Developed DTS packages to extract, transform and load into the Campaign database from OLTP database(green plumb) using of SQL Server 2012 Integration Services (SSIS)
- Implemented OLAP Cubes, Facts, and Dimensions for providing summarized and aggregate views of large sets of data and used Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX) to access them.
- Developed Master Child Package using Execute Package Task and Parent Package Variable Configuration
- Deployed and configured various SSIS packages.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through and Drop down menu option and Parameterized and Linked reports
- The tabular modeluses DAX for scripting which is similar to using excel formulas and is faster to learn.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
- Successfully worked with Report Server and configured into SQL Server 2012.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using MS SQL Server 2012 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012, Windows 2008/2012, HTML, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and XML.Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Senior SQL Server Developer/Power BI
- Actively involved in understanding business requirements, analysis and design of ETL Process.
- Fully Involved in Data warehouse Schema Design.
- Fully involved in identifying Dimensions and Facts.
- Developed Dimensions and Fact Packages.
- Created scripts and written queries to move the data from source to destination.
- Extensively worked in data Extraction, Transformation and Loading from source to target system-using SSIS.
- Identifying the usage of Indexes in Data warehouse at various situations as part tuning.
- Handling different conditions while the Data is moving from source to Destination.
- Created different types of reports.
- Developing Cube based on requirement.
- Developing Different types of reports for cancellations.
- Comparison of Incremental and Full load.
- Involved in Unit Testing and SIT (System Integration Testing).
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints etc.on various database objects to obtain the required results.
- Collected business requirements from users and translated them as technical specs and design docs for development.
- Bulk data migration using SSIS from flat files.
- Created derived columns from the present columns for the given requirements.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and MaintainingSSIS packages.
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports (SSRS/Crystal/Impromptu) from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports etc.
- Created different Parameterized Reports (SSRS 2008R2/2012) which consist of report Criteria in various reports to make minimize the report execution time and to limit the no of records required.
- Report parameters included single valued parameters, multi-value parameters which also consist of different parameter types like hidden, internal, default (queried and non-queried parameters).
- Worked on all types of report like tables, matrix, charts, sub reports etc.
- Created pages in the reports to display depend on Prompt values.
- Developed Chart Reports, Drill Through Reports, Master Detail Reports and Multiple Reports.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
- Designed interactive Dashboard reports in SSRS using a new special Power BI features and shared them on Share Point for the executives.
- Use of Data Analysis expressions (DAX) to query data objects and return with result set for Tabular Models.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012, Windows 2008/2012, HTML, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
SQL Server Developer
- Developed logical and physical data models, design data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Designed and developed Data Models using ERwin and also responsible for Forward and Reverse Engineering of data models.
- Generated Database Objects like Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Views, Index.
- Created and updated stored procedures and functions to meet the requirements and changes specified by the users.
- Worked on performance tuning of T-SQL scripts.
- Highly responsible for scheduling and delivery of jobs using SQL Server Agent.
- Extracted data using SSIS 2012 from Oracle and Excel Files.
- Created packages in SSIS 2012 (.dtsx files) with error handling as well as created complex SSIS packages using various Data Transformations like Conditional Splitting, Fuzzy Look Up, For Each Loop, Multi Cast, Column Conversion, Fuzzy Grouping, Script Components.
- Developed and designed cubes with calculated members, Design Dimensions and using the MDX expressions for the various calculated members, actions and KPI.
- Responsible for implementation of Data Viewers, SSIS Logging, Error Configurations for error handling the packages.
- Deployed and configured various SSIS packages.
- Based on required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSRS and constructed data source view.
- Understanding of existing DTS packages and redesigning them into SSIS packages and facilitate batch processing
- Worked with Tabular reports, Matrix reports, Gauges & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as Interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment using sql server reporting services(SSRS) 2012.
- Designed and developed report with running value, interactive sorting as well as conditional formatting. Experience with creating reports using stored procedure. Involved in scheduling, creating snapshot and subscription for the reports.
- Designed and delivered dynamic reporting solutions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Scheduled the reports to run on daily/weekly/monthly basis and email the results to the users in the required format.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Profiler, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS SQL Server Analysis Services, share point, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
SQL Server Developer
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analyzing.
- Extensively involved in generating reports like matrix, parameterized and drill through reports using SSRS and developed stored procedures using functions to generate various kinds of reports using SSRS.
- Extensively used T-SQL statements and created multidimensional cubes for the analyzer and used pivot table to help the end-user get familiar with cube.
- Incorporated the SSIS Packages into MS SQL Server 2008 Integration Services by using Package Migration Wizard and Execute SSIS 2008Package task.
- Designed and developed high level architecture for overall data transfer from the Oracle source to MS SQL Server 2008 with the help of SSIS using Script Task.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2008 including database consistency checks and index defragmentation.
- Included Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, including Drill down and Drill through functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different Primary Vendors, Clients, and managers.
- Created the structure of the model and cube in SSAS and reviewed Cube with end user and changed the cube and documentation according to their requirements.
- Extensively involved in migration of data from MS SQL 2008 to MS SQL 2012.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
- Involved in gathering and analyzing business requirements for reporting purpose.
- Managed and monitored the system utilization by using the query optimizer and checking the execution plan.
- Created dashboard pages that use Excel Web Access Web parts and Reporting service Web parts.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008, SSAS 2008, DTS, T-SQL, OLAP Service, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server Profiler, Windows Sever 2000/2003/2008, SQL Server Management Studio.