- 7+ years of IT experience as Microsoft SQL server BI (Business Intelligence) developer in Software Development life cycle (SDLC) in analysis, design, implementation, Development, Testing, Production & Administration of business intelligence solutions with various industry verticals.
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 Business Intelligent (BI) part, i.e. Reporting Services(SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Experienced in Logical and Physical Database design & development, Normalization and Data Modeling using Erwin data model
- Extensive experience in writing functional specifications, translating business requirements to technical specifications, created/maintained/modified database design document with detailed description of logical entities and physical tables
- Strong working experience in Data Warehousing Concepts and Data modeling Techniques like Dimensional Data modeling, Star Schema Modeling and Snow Flake modeling.
- Highly proficient in using T - SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Defined Functions, SQL joins, User profiles, Relational Database Models, and Query Writing
- Proficient in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase and MS Access
- Experienced in creating SSIS packages, creating jobs and linked servers for MS SQL Server/Oracle/ Sybase databases
- Successfully designed and implemented data mart, facts, dimensions and Online Analytical Processing cubes using dimensional modeling standards
- Expert in Creating, Configuring and Fine-tuning MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Skilled in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports on the portal for user accessibility
- Extensive experience in writing parameterized queries for generating tabular reports, Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports & Report Models and Ad hoc reports, formatting report layout, sub-reports by using global variables, expressions, functions, sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports by using SSRS
- Experienced in Design and Optimization of OLTP, OLAP tools, creating SSAS based OLAP Cubes
- Strong experience in Database Installation, Capacity Planning, Implementing Backup and Recovery Strategy for application and database
- Maintained positive communications and working relationships at all business levels
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008- R2/2012
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g
- MS Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010
- SQL Profiler
- MS Visio
Confidential, New York City, NY
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, design, deployment and user training
- Developed Reports, Sub-reports, Drill-down reports, Linked reports, Data driven subscriptions, and used various features like Charts, graphs, filters etc.
- Involved in Physical / Logical design of database, creating and managing the database and all the database objects in Microsoft SQL server
- Designed and developed various DB Objects like Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers, Cursors and Indexes for accomplishing various tasks
- Created Views to facilitate easy viewing implementation and better security
- Responsible for Backup of databases.
- Used Joins, correlated and non- correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Created packages using various Data transformations and tasks and scheduled jobs to perform filtering operations and to export the data (reports) on daily, monthly basis by using SSIS.
- Transformed data from various data sources by using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Successfully deployed SSIS Package into Production environment and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Worked with deployment, maintenance, usability and portability of SSIS Packages
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Responsible for the deployment of the reports on the Reporting services website and implementation of Subscriptions.
- Optimized SQL statements for customer summary reports to improve the performance of long running Reports.
- Created stored procedures and used as Datasets for the Report Design.
- Developed complex and customized Stored Procedures and Queries for implementing business logic and process in backend, for data extraction, reports and other client interfaces.
- Loaded Data Daily into SSAS cubes using Process Incremental and Caching of SSAS Cubes to have faster response
- Worked with business analysts to transform business requirements into BI design specifications and provided up front mockups of user reports and navigation in reports and dashboards, designs and configures BI metadata layer
Environment: T-SQL, SQL Server, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Excel, Visual SourceSafe (VSS), Windows, Oracle
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in Interacting with the user for gathering business requirements and resolving the claims for the client accounts
- Responsible for making analysis of transactions of the client and determining a solution for settlement of the client account
- Responsible for extracting and loading client historical data from source to SQL environment for performing various business operations using SSIS
- Experienced in building SSIS packages (. dtsx) involving ETL process, extracting data from various flat files, Excel files, legacy systems and loading into SQL server
- Hands on experience working with SSIS, for ETL process, ensuring proper implementation of Event Handlers, Log-ins, Checkpoints, Transactions and Package Configurations
- Created SSIS/DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Implemented all high availability techniques like clustering, log shipping, replication
- Created different Power Pivot reports to meet the client requirements
- Experienced in Designing, Building the Dimensions, Cubes with Star Schema by using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) for analyzing purposes
- Responsible for designing, development and deployment of SSRS reports by using SSRS report designer
- Responsible for scheduling reports to run daily, weekly and monthly basis using SSRS Report Manager
- Good understanding of the client claim terms and conditions in performing the settlement of the given securities in determining the solutions
- Responsible for creating and managing various database objects such as tables, stored procedures, views, User Defined Functions, Triggers, and Database Constraints to meet business requirements
- Responsible for designing, development of SSIS Packages using various control-flow tasks and data flow tasks for performing ETL operations
- Experienced in deployment of SSIS packages under different environment using configurations for deployments to different environments
- Responsible for scheduling SSIS jobs to automate the processes using SQL Server Agent
- Responsible for performing performance using optimization techniques such as Normalization, Indexing and Transaction Isolation levels etc.
- Responsible for implementing Unit testing and performance improvement purposes
- Responsible for creating and maintaining high-level design documentation considering future changes
Environment: MS-SQL Server 2012/2008R2 Enterprise Manager, TOAD, Business intelligence (BIDS) SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint, XML, MS office, MS Visio, Visual Studio, Windows Server, SQL Server Agent
Confidential, Elwood, KS
SQL Server BI Developer
- Involved in gathering requirements and designed the logical modeling and physical modeling for OLTP applications
- Created database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes and Functions
- Implemented complex business logic with Store procedures, User Defined Functions, Views and wrote T-SQL batches with CTE (Common Table Expressions) for recursive operations
- Wrote DML operations for OLTP systems using T-SQL, Dynamic T-SQL
- Designed the number of SSIS packages for data transfer between flat files, XML, Sales Force, Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server using different transformations like Lookup, Derived Column, Merge, Join, Fuzzy Lookup, Script Component and etc.
- Created SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages, Implemented SQL Server configurations and Error Handling in SSIS Packages
- Involved in deploying SSIS Packages to production from different environments and scheduling and administrating SSIS Packages, wrote best practices for deploying SSIS Package to Production
- Involved in scheduling SQL Agent Jobs as per business requirements
- Designed the Dimensions and facts by using Star Schema
- Created materialized views as for business requirements and wrote number of stored procedure and dynamic SQL
- Designed the SSIS Packages to Load the data into ODS from different sources like Oracle, MYSQL, files, XML and Sales force, used various types of control flow tasks like for each loop, sequence container and script task and used different types of transformations like derived column, look-up, script component
- Designed the SSIS Packages to load the data from ODS to EDW and implemented logging, security and error- handling for SSIS Packages
- Involved in implementation of Master Data Services through Data Quality Services, Designed the SSIS packages move the data between MDS and EDW
- Designed SSIS Packages to cleanse, remove duplicates and matching data through Data Quality Services
- Created SSAS Cubes with multiple dimensions, measures and hierarchies based on OLAP reporting needs
- Wrote MDX to create datasets to perform reporting and include interactive drill-down reports
- Created hierarchies, named calculations, relationships and designed KPI by using SSAS
- Involved in administration and scheduling of SSAS jobs
- Involved in cube partitioning, refresh strategy and planning and dimensional data modeling in SSAS
- Developed SQL queries for generating drill-down reports in SSRS
- Developed simple and complex reports supporting multiple, multi-select and cascading parameters, sub-reports and were all linked to other stage reports using hyperlinks for ease of navigation and to give the drill-through feature using SSRS
- Wrote parameterized for generating tabular reports and sub reports using global variables and expressions, functions and defining data sources for SSRS Reports
- Created performance reports to mangers to show holding against various measures like time, area and product
- Involved in scheduling SSRS reports and administrating of SQL Server Reporting Server
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008,SQL Server Integration Services(2012/2008), SQL server Reporting Services (2012/2008), Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL
SQL Server Report Developer
- Designed and Developed Database in SQL Server 2008
- Gathered Requirements from the end user and created the structure of the schema and data for database tables
- Involved in upgrading and maintaining MS SQL Server 2008R2 and migration of databases from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012
- Used Joins, Correlated and Non- Correlated Sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables from different databases
- Wrote Complex stored procedure, Triggers, Views, Constraints on database objects
- Responsible for the deployment of the reports on the reporting services website and implementation of Subscriptions
- Optimized SQL statements for customer summary reports to improve the performance of long running reports
- Involved in job scheduling using MS SQL server agent
- Involved in performing Full Back up, Recovery and Restoration of the test and Development server databases
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Reporting Services (SSRS), BIDS, Visual Studio 2008, MS Visio 2007, Windows Server 2008, ASP.Net
SQL Server Developer
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as data loading, Instances, Linked Servers and Indexes.
- Worked as a developer role on MS SQL Server 2005, MS Excel databases (T-SQL scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Implemented the keys & Constraints for referential Integrity and Optimized the performance of queries by removing unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data and normalized tables.
- Scheduled jobs and alerts by using SQL Server Agent.
- Worked closely on database tuning, performance planning, backup planning
Environment: SQL Server, SQL Server Agent, Excel, T-SQL