Data Engineer Resume
Los Angeles, CA
- me has substantial experience in designing and executing solutions for complex business problems involving large - scale ETL, data warehousing and reporting solutions running both on-premise and in teh cloud.
- Known for using teh right tools when and where they make sense and creating an intuitive architecture dat helps organizations TEMPeffectively analyze and process structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Passionate about learning new technologies, highly motivated and committed to professionalism as per organizational goals. TEMPEffective and a flexible team player, adept at adapting to new systems and methods easily.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Technologies: SQL Server 2016, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Azure, Power BI, C#/Python/Shell Scripting, SSMS, Visual Studio
- Data Engineer on teh Data Insights team, responsible for teh data needs of teh whole company, including but not limited to teh C-Suite, Sales, Marketing, Accounting, Product & Ops, Data Scientists and Application Engineers, using some of teh latest cloud/distributed computing, reporting/business intelligence and analytics tools and programming languages
- Worked with a variety of data sources, both internal and external such as NetSuite, Marketo, Adroll, Facebook, Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey etc. and other 3rd party data providers and APIs.
- Using T-SQL, SSIS, PowerShell, C# and Python, has built and maintained scalable and fault tolerate data pipelines dat normalize, clean, transform and aggregate data from many different sources in order to feed teh data warehouse for operational reporting and business intelligence, providing business insights to all departments in teh organization.
- Designed and built teh data warehouse on Azure SQL DW, and various data marts in Azure Analysis Services to serve various departments in teh organization.
- Was specifically assigned to teh sales department to provide necessary data and reports, which me built using Analysis Services Tabular In Memory Computing Model (DAX) and Power BI dashboards.
- Worked with Sales managers and business users to prioritize requirements and set goals to be achieved in 2-week sprints, working with teh business users all teh way to make sure requirements are consistently being met.
Technologies: SQL Server 2012/2014/2017, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau/Power BI, C#/Python/Shell Scripting, SSMS, Visual Studio
- Met with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define ETL, data warehousing and reporting requirements and goals.
- Analyzed reporting needs, designed new reports, improved existing reports, and analyzed new reporting software.
- Worked with data source SMEs and owners to identify data sources and carry out data discovery and data profiling
- Worked with data from a variety of sources/destinations and file formats: Flat and Excel files, AWS RDS and S3 buckets, SharePoint servers, SFTP servers, CRM/ERPs such as Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM, NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB and other RDBMSs like SQL Server
- Designed and built data warehouse using dimensional modeling techniques
- Designed and built star and snow flake schema data marts consisting of dimension and fact tables
- Using a combination of T-SQL stored procedures, C# scripts and SSIS transformations:
- Designed and built several ETL packages using SSIS to bring large amounts of data from source systems into data warehouse tables
- Carried out loads of performance tuning techniques to handle these large amounts of data
- Worked with various SSIS control flow containers/tasks such as Data flow task, execute sql task, script task, sequence container, foreach loop container etc.
- With regards to data flow tasks, also worked with a variety of different sources and destinations, conditional split task, lookup task, derived column task, multicast task, row count task etc.
- Has implement different kinds of logic to control teh flow of data, using precedence constraints and expressions with teh help of dynamic variables and parameters
- Troubleshot failed packages using breakpoints and other techniques
- Automated teh transfer of data between different systems by configuring ETL jobs by configuring and using SQL Server Agent Jobs to run either once, daily, weekly or monthly
- Also used Python and Shell scripting to automate tasks
- Using T-SQL stored procedures, functions and views, built teh data layer for dashboards, scheduled reports other ad-hoc reports
- Analyzed and optimized query and overall database performance using tools like Activity Monitor, SQL Server Profiler and various other DML, DDL and other strategies
- Created different kinds of reports: drilldown, drill through, parameterized reports etc.
- Built reports using a variety of charts, graphs, gauges, drill down and drill through matrixes
- Involved in configuring and deploying reports to internal and external users on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Collaborated with DBAs, software developers, and Data Integration Lead to ensure dat BI project needs are being met.
- Assisted in identifying process improvements for database performance, reliability and stability.
- Experience in all stages of BI SDLC (requirements and logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment
- Advised departments and managers regarding appropriate, TEMPeffective, and efficient use of organizational reporting capabilities and functions.
- Researched, reviewed, and analyzed teh TEMPeffectiveness and efficiency of existing reporting procedures and developed strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Collaborated with various team members and operations to resolve incidents, issues, and problems
- Worked with business requirements analysts to understand and prioritize user requirements and translate them into BI applications and helped develop end-user business-oriented metadata definitions
Business Intelligence Engineer
Technologies: SQL Server 2012/2014 T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, C#, SSMS, Visual Studio
- Part of team dat designed and built teh data warehouse
- Data and Dimensional modeling
- Star and Snowflake schema
- Designed and built SSIS packages
- ETL to bring data from source systems; databases, csv, xml etc. to data warehouse
- Heavy ETL scripting
- Deployed and Secured Packages
- Created a bunch of reports and dashboard using SSRS and Tableau
- drilldown, drill through, parameterized reports etc.
- Creation of data layer for ad hoc reports and dashboards; stored procedures, views, tables etc.
- Designed and built multidimensional cubes in SSAS
- Measures, dimensions, KPIs, Aggregations, etc.
- Built Tabular Models using PowerPivot
- Equally did some data Mining using SSAS
- Clustering, Decision Trees etc.
- Did a lot of performance tuning of SQL queries, ETL Packages and Reports to enable them run faster and save up on memory and disk space
Business Intelligence Engineer
- Built a data warehouse and subsequent reports
- Extracted data from a variety of sources, such as excel, xml, flat files and SQL Server
- Carried out data cleansing and application of business rules using a bunch of transformations such as conditional split, derived column, data conversion, fuzzy lookup, fuzzy grouping and lookup transformations
- Also used a bunch of control flow tasks such as script task, expression task and file system task to send emails and for file archiving
- Implemented error handling and auditing using SQL server logging and event handlers
- Modeled and created OLAP structures using star schema for dimension and fact tables
- Implemented Type me, II and III slowly changing dimensions (SCD) using teh SCD transformation and teh merge statement
- Scheduled SQL server agent jobs to run daily, weekly and monthly
- Imported OLAP structures into SSAS for creation of multi dimension structures
- Created dimension hierarchies, calculations and KPIs in SSAS
- Built multiple reports and dashboards in SSRS based on cubes and other OLAP structures
- Built parameterized (cascading), drill through, drilldown and sub reports.
- Used many functions in SSRS such as Iff/Switch, Date & Time, Text, Aggregate and Round
- Reports included a variety of objects such as charts, gauges, matrices, maps, indicators etc.
- Also used Excel to create adhoc reports using Pivot tables
- Deployed and delivered reports to business users on a daily, weekly and monthly basis using both standard and data driven subscriptions
- Implemented security in Report Manager using linked reports and query parameters
- Implemented both ETL and SSRS report best practices
- Held periodic meetings with business users throughout teh product life cycle to make sure user requirements were being met
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes