- Highly professional and well - versedMS SQLBIDeveloperwithover all 6 years’ experience in designing and developingwith strong background in Data warehousing and ETL experience.
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering business intelligence solutions using SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS),Analysis Services(SSAS)and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- MS SQL Server Development experiencein Insurance, Online Banking, Finance Facilities Management domains with expertise inMSSQL Server2005/2008R2/2012/2014/2016 and over6+ years ofexperience inMicrosoft Business intelligencestack products like SSISandSSRSand2+ yearsof experience inPowerBIService and Tableau Server.
- Highly proficient in the use ofT-SQLfor developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Defined Functions, Relational Database models and SQL joins.
- Strong experience ondevelopingER diagramslikelogical and physical data modelsusing Erwin tool,VisioandPowerBuilder.
- Strong Knowledge onNormalization /De-normalizationdatabase design methodology.
- Highly experienced in whole cycle of DTS/SQL server integration servicesPackages(SSIS) forperforming Data transfers andETL processes across different servers.
- Experience in creatingjobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent,Database Mail and scheduleSSIS Packages based on Business or Application needs.
- Integrating and transforming data from different data sources like Oracle, DB2, Excel, and Flat Files to SQL Server 2008R2 using OLE DB connection providers by creating various SSISpackages.
- Highly Proficient in creatingSQL Server Reports, handling sub-reports and writing queries to perform roll-up and drill down operations inSSRS.
- Expertise in generating reports usingSQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports and MSExcel spreadsheets.
- Used2012,2014,2016version ofSSASto develop tabular models and experience in performing tuning oftabular cubes.
- Proficient in designing Enterprise reports usingSQLServer Reporting Services(SSRS)to generate drill down,drill through, parameterized, linked,matrixandchartsreportsin SSRS2005/2008/2012/2014.
- Expert in using tools like MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Expertise in creating OLAP cubed and developing complex calculations, Aggregations, implementing dynamic security model using MDX functions inSSAS.
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling,Star Schema / Snowflake Schemaand Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Managed indexes, statistics andtunedqueriesby usingexecution planfor optimizing the performance of the databases.
- Experience in configuring security, organizational content packs, dataGateways, refresh schedules forPowerBIservice.
- Expertise in developing, enhancing and tuning of Oracle database objects and advanced PL/SQLprograms.
- Experience in working inagile scrumdevelopment methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, communication skills, time management and team skills with an intention to work hard to attain project deadlines under stressful environments.
- Flexibleandversatileto adapt to new- environment and technologies.
RDBM/Databases: MSSQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2, Oracle 8i & 9i, MS Access, Microsoft Azure
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, MDX, HTML, Java, Python, C
Data Modeling: FACT& Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical data modeling, Star & Snowflake schema Relational, Dimensional and multidimensional modeling and De-Normalization Techniques
BI Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Power BI (Power Pivot, Power View), Power Query, Power Map), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS), Visual Studio, Tableau, Power BI.
Tools/Database Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Microsoft Management Console, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Crystal Reports 9.0, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS),TortoiseSVN, Redgate, GIT
Application Packages: MS Office, Microsoft SharePoint Server (MOSS)
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8 and 10; Windows 2003/2008R2/2012 Servers.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Excellent knowledge & experience in creatingdatabases, tables, stored procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, effective functions, cursors and indexes using T-SQL.
- Demonstrable knowledgeable experience withInformatica,Oracle SQL, PL/SQL development.
- Experience working in deployment ofcubes, OLAP & XMLA.
- Developed tools usingpython, shell scripting, XMLto automate tasks.
- Well experienced indata modeling&data migration from Oracle to SQL.
- Experience working inPowerBI.
- Have experience in support and maintenance ofBizTalk&AX Microsoft Dynamics with implementation and involved in working with self-direct assignmentsusingtableau.
- Involved in projects withPowerBIenvironmentand tableau.
- Create Tables, Indexes, Views, Sequences, Constraints, Synonyms and Partitions (Range and List partitions).
- Worked onSSISPackages Documentation, source, archive, Stage path mapping.
- Develop Exception handling process and audit process for each ETL package.
- Developing SQL code such as writing complex queries, stored procedures, user defined function etc.
- Monitor and SQL profiler and tuned queries and procedures to boost database performance.
- Creating Packages onSSISby using different data Transformations like Derived Column, Lookup, Conditional Split, Script, Merge Join, Sort and Execute SQL Task,SCD to load data into Database.
- Involved in creating proxy accounts and Scheduling Jobs to executeSSISpackages.
- Created and managed Interactivity FinancialsSSRSreports (Parameterized, Linked, Drilldown, Drill through reports)
Environment:Informatica,PL/SQL,SQL Server2016/2014/2012,SSAS, SSIS,SSRS,Windows Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2010, C#.Net, Oracle 9i, 11g, Teradata, TFS, Crystal Reports,AngularJS,Microstrategy, MS DynamicsAX, UNIX, LINUX, Azure,Mango DB.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Designed and monitored the construction of theSQL Server Business Intelligence enterprise data warehouse.
- GeneratedTabular Model inSSAS, createdDAX,MDX queriesto retrieve and manipulate data off them.
- Designed complex SSAS Multidimensional cubes using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups and KPIs to analyze performance of Strategic Business Units as well as corporate centers.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building & testing of OLAP cubes withSSAS2012/2014and in adding calculations usingMDX.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- ProcessedOLAP cubes with various processing optionsdepending on the requirement.
- Designed and monitored construction of theETL processes and provided theETL mappingsin the design document.
- Generated ad-hoc reports in ExcelPowerPivot and shared them usingPowerBIto the decision makers for strategic planning.
- Created reports utilizingSSRS,Excel services,PowerBIand deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements.
- UtilizedPowerQuery inPowerBIto Pivot and Un-pivot the data model for data cleansing and data massaging.
- Implemented several DAX functions for various fact calculations for efficient data visualization inPowerBI.
- UtilizedPowerBIgateway to keep dashboards and reports up to-date with on premise data sources.
- Formatted dashboards, multiple chart types, trends and KPIs withPowerView to support analyses.
- Developed automation scripts which used REST APIs to extract data from blob storage of Azure Cloud Services.
- Created and MaintainedSQL Server Agent JobsforSSISPackages.
- Customized sites on SharePoint Portal and hosted theSSRSandPowerPivot reportson toSharePoint.
- CreatedPowerviewreports using theTabularSSASmodels in Excel.
- Scheduled Reportsusingsubscriptionsin SharePoint.
- Provided 24/7 production support for Business users.
Environment:Microsoft BI (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS -2012/14), MDX/DAX, Power BI, SharePoint 2007/2010, SQL Server 2012/2014, Business Intelligence Consumer Services.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Worked closely with business and involved in gathering the user requirements.
- Responsible for writing and modifying stored procedures, functions, packagesfor data conversions to create database objects dynamically.
- Created indexes, tables and sequences as per the business requirement and views to maintain data privacy.
- Used SQL profiler to identify slow running queries.
- Developed strategy and implementation plan for transitioning MS SQL Server on premise to Azure cloud.
- DesignedSSISpackages in order tovalidate, extract, transform and load data into staging and Data Warehouse.
- Analyzed the requirements and framed the business logic for the ETL process.
- Extensively usedSSISImport/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Performed data migration from Excel, Sybase, Oracle to MS SQL Server usingSSIS.
- Created package to transfer data between OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Designed Cubes with star schema usingSSAS. Created hierarchies and partitions for improvingSSAScube performance.
- Created various complexreports and manage themusingSQLServerReporting Services(SSRS)
- Deployedanduploaded theSSRSreportstoReport Manager and called reports through a URL from .Net API for the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Involved in migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard
- Created various kinds of reports usingpowerBIbased on the client’s needs.
- Used Collections, Bulk Collections for handling large amount of data in PL/SQL.
- Involved in creating visualizations and multiple dashboards inPowerBI.
- Calculated columns, conditional column, custom columns, created measures inPowerBI.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets forpowerBIand Ad-hoc reports.
- Created Action filters, Parameters and calculated fields for preparing dashboards and worksheets inpowerBI.
- Responsible for scheduled job maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Maintained database for inventory, billing and invoice systems and created dynamic stored procedures to retrieve the customer details, payment history by giving related parameters
- Used AgileDevelopmentMethodology.
- Point of contact for all the production issues.
Environment: T-SQL, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server AnalysisServices (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Share Point Server, Azure, .Net
- Involved in creating extensive dynamic SQL to accommodate business requirements.
- Involved in documenting management procedures, plans and processes.
- Created complex store procedures, triggers, tables, views and other SQL joins and statements for applications using T-SQL
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (Clustered, NonClustered) tables.
- Worked on Query Optimization, execution plans, trace flags and SQL Profiler.
- Used System tables, System stored procedure, DBCC commands for database maintenance.
- Used BCP Utility in stored procedures to generate output files in text format.
- Used scripts andvariables,email notifications for ETL process using Data integrator.
- Performed ETL operations to support data loads and transformations usingSSIS.
- Extensively usedSSISin creating complex packages using proper control flow and data flow elements with error handling.
- Wrote stored procedures and user defined scalar functions to be used inSSISpackages in SQL scripts
- Optimized ETL packages by increasing memory buffer size and by increasing Max ConcurrentExecutable
- Enhancing and deployingSSISpackages from development server to production server.
- Normalized and De normalized entities for data warehouse.
- Createdpartitions,KPIs, calculated members, schema and file groups for fact tables and cubes integratingSSAS.
- CreatedPowerBIReportsusing the TabularSSASmodels inPower BIdesktop and published them toPowerBIServiceusing star schema.
- Developed custom calculated measuresinpowerBIto satisfy Business needs
- Migrated existing self-service reports andadhocreports topowerBI.
- Used bar charts, bubble charts andPowermap to solve business requirements with PowerBI.
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drilldown, parameterized, cascaded reports and dashboards and scorecard reports.
Environment:T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Share Point Server, SQL Profiler, MDX.
- Extensively involved in gathering business requirements that will facilitate the planning and the implementation phase of OLTP database.
- Designed and implemented comprehensiveBackup plananddisaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Managed SQL Servers in 32/64bit Clustered environments. ImplementedDatabase Mirroring onSQL Server 2008 environments.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Wed Services) and loaded the data into target data sources by performingdifferent kindsof transformations usingSQL Server Integration Services(SSIS).
- Troubleshoot database performance issues and tune database objects. Set up traces and Profiler to troubleshoot performance.
- To set up SQL Server configuration settings to resolve various resource allocation & memory issues for SQL Server databases and to setup ideal memory, min/max server options.
- Created complex stored procedures with parameters and generatedmulti parameterizedSSRS reportsfrom them, where the user has a choice to select the parameters.
- Created and optimized database objects such asviews, functions and stored proceduresas per requirement.
- Performed optimization of TSQL stored procedures by analyzing execution plans, creating proper indexes and employing SQL profiler and Database engine tuning advisor in OLTP environment.
- Maintained existingPowerBIreports and dashboardsand made changes onto the same as per new and changing business requirements.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using T-SQL and implementedconstraints and triggers into new system for data consistency.
- Designed and developed the ETL data flow to populate theCER Cube AnalysisDatabase using theSSISpackages (SQL Server Integration Services). Scheduled and automated the packages to populate the data in the cube daily up to date for business reporting.
- Identifiedthe field/column level data quality issues of the source systems to drive the data quality, data cleansing and error checking in theSSISpackages. Identify and documentthe source to target packages.
- Created SQL server configurations forSSISpackagesandXML & Windows event logs.
- Design and document the error-handling strategy in the ETL loadprocess usingEvent handlers.
- UsedNotification servicesto generate error messages and send them to the user through e-mails.
Environment:SQL Server 2014/2012/2008R2, T- SQL, Microsoft Access, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Star Team Version Control tool, TFS, Tableau 8.1., MS Azure, C#, .Net, Erwin 8.0/MS Visio 2010.
- Createdbusiness requirements, designed Functional Specifications and Flowcharts.
- Modified existing database to fit new business requirement by adding tables and relationships to support customer information system.
- WrittenSQL queriesfor back- enddata validationdatabase testing and reports verification.
- Developed SQL Queries tofetchcomplex data from different tables in remote databases usingjoins, databaselinksand formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Working experience writing SQL Scripts using Joins, stored procedures, Views, Indexes, functions, triggers.
- Provided back end support for functional testing and performance testing.
- Worked on reconciliations of balances from different systems.
- Analyzed requirements with developers, business analysts and provided my inputs.
- Wrote and executed thetest casesto perform System, Functional and Regression testing.
- Worked onTeam Foundation Server (TFS)for code review to check in and check out the codes.
- Actively ensuring theproduction implementation of the new enhancementswith smooth transition of the project by adding value to the team in filling the gap where required as an analyst, programmer and QA tester.
Environment:SQL Server 2008, 2005, SQL Server Management Studio,SSIS,Visual Studio, MS-Office, MS Excel, MS Access.