- 11+ years of Experience in IT, having primarily worked on Banking and Retail Domain. Strong experience in implementing Banking Products for various banks across the globe. Strong experience in Data Warehouse tools like AB - Initio. Well-trained and knowledgeable in Informatica Power Center.
- Specialized in ETL methodology for supporting data analysis in a corporate-wide-ETL solution using Ab Initio. Experience with Ab Initio Co-Operating System, application tuning, and debugging strategies. Acted as Senior Level Ab Initio Developer on a number of projects
- Over Five years of solid experience in the Analysis, Design and Development of Data warehousing solutions and in developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism using Ab Initio
- Highly experienced in ETL tool Ab Initio in using GDE Designer. Very good working experience with all the Ab Initio components.
- Expertise and well versed with various Ab Initio Transform, Partition, De partition, Dataset and Database components. Extensively worked on Ab-Initio Tool using various components like rollup, join reformat and techniques like parallel processing, component folding etc.
- Working with EBCIDIC, XML, Flat Unix files processing
- Strong working knowledge of Data Warehousing techniques and Concepts experience including ETL processes, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema
- Worked on all the phases of SDLC from requirement gathering to production support.
- Very good experience with SQL Server & Oracle Databases. Worked on Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Teradata.
- Expert in writing UNIX Shell Scripts including Korn Shell Scripts, Bourne Shell Scripts. Worked on Solaris, AIX, UNIX Flavors.
- Team of 16 member Onsite team (SBI) which won the Unit level Quarterly GEM for “external customer Delight”.
- Winner of Oracle Query Challenge contest as part of Oracle, PL/SQL Workshop.
- Sound knowledge of Banking, Financial and Retail Domain.
ETL and Reporting Tools: Ab Initio (GDE 126.96.36.199/3.0.4/3.0.2/1.15/1.14, Co>Operating System 3.1.1/3.0.5/2.15/2.14 ), Conduct->it, BRE, Informatica Power center 9.5
Operating Systems: Sun OS, AIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 7
Languages: UNIX shell scripting, C, HTML, Java Script, MS SQL Server 7.0, PL/SQL, JSP
Database: Oracle, DB2 and Teradata, Netezza
Database tools: Oracle 10g, MS-Access, DB Visualizer 4.0.4, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle TOAD 188.8.131.52,Netezza Query Workbench
IDE: Tools: Ab Initio Co-Op 184.108.40.206. Ab Initio EME 3.2.1. Influx - Work flow Creation Tool
- On boarding of New Product to Genesis Warehouse Application. Assisted in installation and configuration of Ab Initio software including patches and server consolidation Processes.
- Maintained desired working level of Ab Initio operational documentation and procedures. Implemented procedures for designing, configuration and maintenance of EME repositories. Provided technical consultancy services to team members and users regarding Ab Initio infrastructure.
- Acted as Lead for implementing onboarding of Cash Due Module into Genesis Application. Breaking of Task into smaller assignments and getting them done from offshore folks.
- Creating PSets that make use of Existing MDW framework to process new Product Feeds to Warehouse and Mart. Creating Rulesets and XFRs in BRE wherein the ETL Mappings for Source to Netezza load is implemented.
- Creating Logical and Physical DMLs from Data Model using Abinitio metadata generation utility. Creating natural Key text files using Metadata generation utility and making use of it to create the surrogate Keys for Natural key identifiers.
- Analyzing ELT log Tables to identify the cause for Warehouse load failure. Analyzing ELT log Tables to identify the cause for Data getting filtered before going into Warehouse.
- Changing the Framework to support Product specific surrogate OID lookup for a specific product. Creating SQLs for new Tables for invoking ELT Stored Procs. Creating PSets for New tables for invoking NZ load Utility.
- Changing of MDW generic framework to accommodate new products. Updating MDW metadata spreadsheet for New Products and processing it through Metadata generation utility.
- Created Tags for migrating added/modified objects to higher environments. Extensively worked AI metaprogramming and implemented them wherever required .Resolving the complicated issues by extensively debugging the code.
- Worked with EME air commands at greater length. Providing resolution to the BAU issues raised by SIT, UAT testing Team. Knowledge sharing with Peers on MDW Framework on an on-going basis. Helping Peers to get over the issues stopping them from progressing.
- Attending Daily Status Calls to update Managers of the Progress made/Issues to be addressed. Worked on a initiative to split NZ primary DB into 2 instances and load them depending on Product Type. Created Config. PSets for across UAT environments to test specific requirement.
- Worked on a Major overhaul to MDW Framework to load OID LKUP table in NZ node 1 for all products irrespective of whether they are running in Node 1 or Node 2 of AI.
- Extensively worked on UAT3, UAT5, UAT3 Replication environment Split effort and supported in providing resolution to the issues raised by UAT testing Team.
Environment: Linux, Windows 7, AI GDE - 220.127.116.11,CO-OP-18.104.22.168,EME - 3.2.1,Netezza/Oracle Database, BREConduct->It, Metaprogramming, Ops-Console, MDW framework. Netezza Work Bench.
- Developing Of Ab-initio Batch/Continuous graphs to process Interface data files. Tested and developed the graphs for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data using Ab Initio ETL Tool. Generating the DML for XML data file using xml-dml utility making use of XSD document
- Extensively used Teradata load utilities Fast load, Multi-load and Fast Export to extract, transform and load the Teradata data warehouse. Queried test database results using a variety of internal tools, SQL statements, and Quest's Toad database UI product to verify back-end results. Involved in writing test scripts and functions in Test Script Language using Conduct->it for automated testing.
- Used SQL Plus tool to write SQL commands in Oracle database. Designing SQL queries while performing database testing. Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata. Queried Teradata Database and validated the data using SQL Assistant
- Effectively distributed responsibilities, arranged meetings and communicated with team members in all phases of the project. Writing UNIX scripts to perform certain tasks and assisting developers with problems and SQL optimization. Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries .Resolving the Issued raised by OAT and Teat Team.
- Defined data requirements and elements used in XML transactions. Experience in SDLC and Agile methodologies such as SCRUM. Involved in developing Unix Korn Shell wrappers to run various Ab Initio Scripts.
- Performed Unit testing and System Integration testing by developing and documenting test cases in Quality Center. Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing .Responsible for migrating the code changes from development environment to SIT, UAT and Production environments. Testing - unit testing & integration testing. Ticket Resolution using JIRA
Environment: Sun Solaris Unix, Windows XP, Ab-Initio GDE - 3.2.3., Ab Initio Co-op - 22.214.171.124, EME - 3.2.1, JenkinsOracle, Teradata, DB2 database, Control-M (job automation), JIRA Defect Tracking Tool.
- Prepared High Level Design of Source Data Analysis, ETL Process flow, Error Handling, Re-startability and Extendibility.
- Developed, tested and reviewed complex Ab Initio graphs, sub-graphs, DML, PSets, XFR, deployed scripts DBC files for connectivity, create Package and exports.
- Helped ETL team to develop complex Ab-Initio graphs using Ab-Initio Parallelism techniques, Data Parallelism and MFS Techniques with the Conditional Components and Conditional DML for the data load from Legacy System to new Target System
- Creation of wrapper scripts. Validate the work products created by other team members. Interaction with the Business teams and Database Administrators.QA Support, Code Fixes, Unit testing, QA migration and support. Development of Ab-initio Batch graphs for the one time history load and further periodic incremental loads to move the data in Oracle EDW tables to Teradata staging tables.
- Creation of the production support document for hand off to the support team.