- Over 8+ years of extensive experience in Database Solutions and BI Solutions usingMicrosoftTechnologies.
- Extensive experience in Design, Development, Implementation of Database systems using MSSQL forOLTPsystems and Microsoft BI for OLAP systems.
- Experience in database programming in writing T - SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key, Unique) Indexes and Batch Scripts using various DDL and DML commands.
- Very good knowledge in designing database objects like Tables, Views, Constraints, Indexes and defaults.
- Experience in designing Database Models using MS Visio and SmartDrawfor both Relational anddimensional modeling.
- Familiarity with DBA Activities in Development/Test environments including Backups, Restores, Data refreshes, Security and Usermanagement, Performance Tuning.
- Developed SSIS Packages to populate Data Mart from several types of sources files (EXCEL, Access, Flat files, CSVs, OLEDB Sources).
- Created several Staging Databases.
- Expert in Extracting and Transforming data (ETL) from various heterogeneous sources and creating packages using SSIS/DTS, Import, Export Data, Bulk Insert and BCP utilities.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and MSExcel spreadsheets.
- Involved in Installation,Configuration, Development, Deployment and Troubleshoot Reporting services using SSRS2008/2012 across various environments.
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2008/2012), use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting services.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Ability to export reports and query results to MS Excel, PDF, HTML, etc.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACTand Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Worked with endusers/customers to understand business requirements, recommended technical solutions and documented functional requirements.
- Excellent analytical/Communication Skills, Team play and very much result oriented.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2007/2010/Vista
RDBM/Databases: MSSQL Server 2008/2012, MS Access 2010, MySQL.
Programming Languages: T-SQL, Dynamic SQL, DOS Scripting
Data Modeling: MS Visio, FACT& Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical data modeling, Star & Snowflake schema Relational, Dimensional and multidimensional modeling and De-Normalization Techniques, MS- Access.
Data Design Tools: MS Visio, SmartDraw.
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (2008/2012), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2008/2012), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS 2008), BIDS.
Tools: /Database Utilities: SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Microsoft Management Console, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Application Packages: MS Office, Microsoft SharePoint Server
Confidential - ST LOUIS, MO
- Gathered the requirements by discussing with the Users and Team members
- Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production)
- Created the derived columns from existing columns using Derived Column transformation for the given requirements. Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating and re-designing the SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Used multiple complex transformations and integrations in SSIS to meet the business requirements by collecting data from heterogeneous sources like Excel, Flat file, SharePoint Data to SQL Server databases using SSIS.
- Modified inline SQL queries in SSIS packages and made all the variables to dynamic from static to pass the values dynamically and Scheduled SSIS packages to create SQL jobs.
- Normalized the source data for loading the Data into Dimension and Fact Tables using ETL controls in SSIS.
- Used SSIS variables to capture start time, end time and failure of a package and execute the package dynamically
- Worked with several types of dataflow transformations like Derived Column, Data Conversion, Lookup and Conditional Split etc.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages
- Performed Query optimization & Performance Tuning of SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler and Database engine tuning advisor
- Actively participated to resolve the production and maintenance tickets (Tickets for ETL tasks).
- Coordinated the development progress by maintaining close, constant communication and Release management.
- Created Ad Hoc reports by building models in Report Builder using SQL 2008 Model Designer and Report Builder
- Created parameters (multi-value, hidden, default etc...) for the required fields using the report designer to see the dropdowns in the end report.
- Used several types of report layout options like charts (bars, lines, pie etc...), images, graphs, sub reports,hyperlinks etc. to make them more attractive and understandable.
- Created Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts in MS Excel.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, BIDS(Business Intelligence Development Studio),SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS(SQL Server Reporting Services), DTS (Data Transformation Services), Visio, Share point Products, MS Excel Query Analyzer, Profiler.
Confidential - HOUSTON, TX
- Wrote complex SQL queries to populate data from different tables and which can be used for reports
- Gathered requirements from business analyst.
- Developed ETL Packages using SQL Server 2012 Integration Services to populate data from various sources, for example flat files/SQL/Oracle Server to the Staging Database and then into the Data Warehouse. The packages created included a variety of transformations, for example, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast, and Data Conversion
- Participated in the installation of SQL Server. Installed SQL Server Enterprise manger tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Optimized SQL queries for efficiency and the front-end developer with their queries and procedures.
- Created Tables, Indexes and Constraints.
- Created Indexes, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures and Packages in T-SQL.
- Configured and monitored database application.
- Designed and implemented several complex reports and administration modules.
- Defined stored procedures for module integrity and application.
- Wrote Procedures/Stored Procedures/Functions/Triggers in T-SQL for various applications which sits on top of the database.
- Performed backup/restore, and managed user security. Created database objects such as tables, procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes, and views.
- Implemented the indexes on columns having high selectivity, and low density to speed up the execution of data retrieval queries and stored procedures.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Created/reallocated database objects on appropriate file group to ease maintenance and improve data access performance.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity and with SQL performance tuning too.
- Analyzed and debugged jobs and procedures
- Performed Backup operations.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, Windows XP, SQL, T-SQL, SQL Query Analyzer, Profiler, Data modeling, MS SQL reporting services, HTML, ETL, DTS packages.
- Play a senior role in realizing reporting and analytics strategy.
- Involved in Scheduling the SSIS packages to process the cubes.
- Involved in designing in SSRS reports based OLAP and OLTP systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the data sources to accurately and efficiently report findings in a meaningful and understandable manner.
- Develop and refine analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment.
- Complete special projects and management SSRS reports as assigned.
- Developed and created SSRS charts like Pie, Column, Bar, Line graph as per Business requirement.
- Synthesize complex data into user friendly visualpresentations.
- Perform complex SQL queries, triggers and stored procedures, views anduser defined functionand update database statistics.
- Configure and create SSIS solutions for ETL and business intelligence process for data integration and migration services
- Involved in ReportDesign and Coding for Standard type reports, including Drill Down and Drill through Functionality and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics for effective analysis.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat File, CSV File, Data warehouse and Report-Data mart and applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column and Merge Joins in SSIS.
- Worked onseveral transformations in Data Flow includingDerived-Column, Script, Slowly Changing Dimension, Lookup, Fuzzy lookup, Data Conversion, Conditional-Split and merge join.
- Managed and monitored the system utilization by using the queryoptimizer and checking the execution plan.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers, and the organization's management team to foster an environment of openness, trust and team work.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2012,T-SQL, BIDS(Business Intelligence Development Studio),SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services),SSRS(SQL Server Reporting Services),DTS (Data Transformation Services), Visio, Share point Products, MS Excel.
Confidential - WARREN,NY
- Create and maintain databases after logical and physical database design.
- Create database objects including tables, triggers, views, stored procedures, indexes, defaults and rule.
- Set database access privileges for different users and user groups.
- Perform optimization of SQL queries in SQL Server and Sybase system.
- Maintenance of clustered and non-clustered indexes.
- Create jobs and monitor job history for maximum availability of data and to ensure consistencyof the databases.
- Create DTS Packages.
- Perform database consistency checks at regular intervals.
- Monitor SQL Server activity through profiler.
- Develop backup & restore scripts for SQL Server as needed.
- Design and implementation of database maintenance plan
- Performance optimization and normalization of database
- Job, Scheduling, batch, alert and E-mail notification setting.
- Maintain Disaster recovery strategies for the database and fail-over methods.
- Monitor SQL Server log files.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, TSQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Crystal Reports
MS SQL Developer
- Gathered the requirements by discussing with the Users and Team members.
- Execute complicated analyses and make the results accessible and relevant to a wide variety of business users.
- Designed, implemented and administrated SQL Server 2008 databases.
- Developed various reports to validate the data between source and the target systems.
- Used Database Engine Tuning advisor and SQL Profilerfor Monitoring memory, processor, Disk I/O and SQL Queries.
- Create and Modify Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views according to the business.
- Implemented Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key, Default, Unique, Check and Not Null/Null) and fine tune Indexes on Tables.
- Perform database consistency checks at regular intervals.
- Involved in database design process and data modeling process using diagrams and Visio.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, SQL Profiler, Data Transformation Services, and T-SQL.